Creature Auctions Bug Topic

in Problems & Bugs

Female
1,194 posts

puppymaks • 26 December 2013 at 8:19 AM

@Ian

At first I though I will be able to decline winning offer (when I owe a creature on which people bid), so, I wanted to know how my Kinump and Mo worth. I didn't want to trade them. Thanks god for a nice user which gave me them back for EC he offered.

I would like to see, that, when auction ends, owner of that creature can decline / accept winning offer.

And I'm so, so, so sad because CC offering isn't able any more. Really? No more gifting CC? Now we can't even bid with CC?
I followed this topic, and I wasn't part of this beta, but when I read that CC offering won't be albe to bid anymore I was in shock. But really, IN SHOCK.

I really hope you will make accept / decline button.

Female
2,021 posts

ice2505 • 26 December 2013 at 10:30 AM

@ian
@eggcaveteam

So i placed a bid on ilovedoctorwho's lot for a Bomnom. The bid was 3001000, i was outbidded. Im pretty sure i had gotten the ec back, but i don't remember checking. Today when i logged in i only had 3463135 ec....( i originally had over 6 million, i don't remember the exact amount...)i double checked my notifications to make sure i hadn't traded it somehow. What happened? Also, is there any way to get my ec back?

Female
844 posts

chaotic • 26 December 2013 at 10:47 AM

@Ian - Hi! I bidded on an auction with 2 Seconds left , the ID was http://eggcave.com/creatureauctions/view/1165 and it reloaded and said it was closed and my bid was the last one with 85K (Dec 26, 10:42:04 am ECT ). I go to my inventory to get a Giant Thunderstorm travel to put on it and it said I was outbidded at Dec 26, 10:42:10 am ECT (yoyolee offered 90K) and that is was now closed...when it was already closed...

Is this possible or was my computer somehow behind or something? xD I mean, I did really want the Terron.. but..gosh xD Had me going then took it away xD

Female
203 posts

sophia123 • 26 December 2013 at 11:14 AM

@ice2505 you'll get your ec back when the auction is finished! that's normal^^ don't worry!

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 27 December 2013 at 2:09 PM

@puppymaks

I am sorry that this came as a surprise to you. I have never heard of auctions working like this (where the owner has the option to accept or reject the highest bid). That's the fun of crafting a starting price: setting one low enough to entice bids, but not setting one too high to attract none.

@ice2505

Your total escrow is returned to you upon closure of the auction. It is not returned to you after you're outbid.

@chaotic

Sorry to hear that you didn't win/snipe this auction. However the bids fell, they fell the way they fell. Always use the exact Close Time for sniping, as the Time Left field can become out of sync with your browser. For more: http://eggcave.com/explore/faq#creature_auctions

@bookw0rm

Interesting. I've pulled up the logs for CA #930 and it appears you did indeed bid 4 times at this auction. Your highest bid was actually 101 CC, but the system returned 110 CC due to a system error. We've spotted the bug and have fixed this! Thanks much.

In terms of CaveCash currency auctions, we are looking for ways to expand both currencies (EC and CC) and allow for CaveCash to be securely traded and gifted. We, however, want to ensure that EC and CC as currencies remain in balance and that CC doesn't become the dominant currency like it did before.

Female
844 posts

chaotic • 27 December 2013 at 3:11 PM

@ian - Oooooooooo thank you! Yes, I thought that may have happened. erm...oh well xD Thank you for your input good sir =)

Female
2,021 posts

ice2505 • 27 December 2013 at 4:13 PM

@ian
@sophia123

Oh, haha, silly me. Thank you so much. 😊

Female
287 posts

katrabit • 27 December 2013 at 10:24 PM

@Ian Auctions are ending faster then they should be. I had 20 seconds left to bid on Auction #1573, and it was closed by the time I did.

I was keeping an eye on it, to make sure I had enough time to bid. Yet when I tried to at like 17 seconds til the end of it, it was closed. =/

Female
751 posts

crazy4life • 29 December 2013 at 4:53 PM

@katrabit were you using 'close time' or 'time left' to track how long you had left to bid? As he mentioned earlier 'time left', which is the count down is only approximate and does get off the exact close time a bit. 'Close time' is the one you want to use for last second bidding.

Female
287 posts

katrabit • 29 December 2013 at 6:14 PM

@crazy4life Close time is what I went by. o_o

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 30 December 2013 at 6:16 PM

hahaha i want a change my mind button (cancel my creature auction - as long as there are NO bids)

Female
1 post

troo • 31 December 2013 at 11:52 AM

@Ian

I just created an auction and it said bidding was closed right away

Creature Auction #2125

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 31 December 2013 at 3:03 PM

@troo

Sorry! Fixed. This was a formatting error. The auction is still indeed open.

@katrabit

Thanks for reporting this in. I will be watching and monitoring time discrepancies closely to determine whether or not there is a bug at work.

Female
775 posts

cougar • 31 December 2013 at 5:44 PM

@Ian

I wanted to bid on an Auction but when I got to the action, it was 15 hours longer. I tried doing it on the other action and they also got 15 hours longer. What's happening ? Is it my computer ?

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 31 December 2013 at 6:05 PM

@Orderedchaos @Ian

my auction has an hour or so left but says its closed 😱

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 31 December 2013 at 6:12 PM

@cougar @momokie

Could you provide the links to these auctions? Thanks much.

Female
775 posts

cougar • 31 December 2013 at 6:14 PM

@Ian
http://eggcave.com/creatureauctions/view/2123

It happens on other auctions too but this one is the one I'm concerned about.

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 31 December 2013 at 6:15 PM

http://eggcave.com/creatureauctions/view/2099

@Ian This one 😱

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 31 December 2013 at 6:15 PM

@cougar @momokie

Based on the Close Time (which has always remained the same, in spite of the recent fix I've made), the Time Left count down appears to be correct.

Perhaps the Time Left count down was simply inaccurate before, but is now correct? Let me know what you think happened.

Female
775 posts

cougar • 31 December 2013 at 6:18 PM

@Ian
It's still inaccurate D: . Maybe it's web-related 😋

Female
147 posts

dragongirl02 • 31 December 2013 at 11:48 PM

@ian
I was looking at a http://eggcave.com/creatureauctions/view/2088 and noticed Close Time: Jan 1, 2:21:55 am ECT
Time Left: CLOSED
Current time:~ Dec 31, 11:46:03 pm ECT
In otheword it should not be listed as Closed yet. I went ahead and did the bid anyway and it appears it went through. Though not completely sure due to the Closed "bug".
I took a screen shot when I noticed it too.

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 1 January 2014 at 1:00 PM

@cougar @dragongirl02

Are times appearing as accurate again? Let me know.

Female
147 posts

dragongirl02 • 1 January 2014 at 11:32 PM

@Ian
I have yet to see the "bug" again. It looks like it is fixed. I'll let you know if I see the "bug" again.

Female
492 posts

fallenangel1550 • 2 January 2014 at 12:18 AM

@Ian
Will there be a chance that CC auctions can happen again?

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 2 January 2014 at 3:33 PM

@fallenangel1550

Yes. CaveCash auctions, at some point in time in the future, will return.

@dragongirl02

Great. Thanks for confirming. Still testing myself to double check...

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 2 January 2014 at 3:34 PM

@Ian CC auctions will come?? 😱 😱

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 2 January 2014 at 3:42 PM

@spiritkoi

It's not 100% confirmed, so no promises, but we do wish to implement CC auctions and trading in a balanced way with EC. It wouldn't be like before, where it was under-the-table and insecure. This time, it'd be perfectly safe.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 2 January 2014 at 3:43 PM

@Ian Hmmm... Okay.

Male
193 posts

cosmicbrambleclaw • 2 January 2014 at 9:29 PM

@chaotic I've had the same problem so many times today, its infuriating

@Ian
@OrderedChaos Im having the same problem as chaotic, at least twice now I would have won a auction with my last bid and the timer said 3 and 10 seconds (respectively) left on the auction, and when I placed my bid it was already closed :I its rather frustrating as you can imagine, and makes it difficult to get creatures I wanted to get wether to keep or gift back to other bidders

Edit: Nevermind, earlier when I was looking for Ians reply to Chaotic my screen jumped and I missed it completely

Female
492 posts

fallenangel1550 • 4 January 2014 at 12:02 PM

@Ian

When we click on My Bids link, I was wondering if it would be possible to not only see if we were winning that bid but what the current bid is. It would be convenient to look at all my bids and quickly see which ones I might be interested in bidding on again instead of having to open each one to figure it out.