Creature Auctions Bug Topic

in Problems & Bugs

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 26 November 2013 at 6:37 PM

@novrain62 @Orderedchaos

A bid increment is the minimum amount that a bid has to increase. Users can bid well beyond a minimum bid increment, up to however much they want to.

EDIT: Already answered, thanks @Orderedchaos!

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 26 November 2013 at 6:38 PM

@Ian - okay, great 😊 Just making sure. Fun in the making!! Thank you

Deleted • 26 November 2013 at 6:43 PM

@squijum01
Yes, that can be very problematic for the more expensive auctions. It wouldn't be a problem if we all had millions of ec but, that's not the case. Hopefully this gets changed before auctions are released for the public.

Female
203 posts

sophia123 • 26 November 2013 at 7:38 PM

@Ian works fine now for me too 😃 well done!!!

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 27 November 2013 at 10:22 AM

@ian

Creature sorter is working great! Had an auction close and had no problems with the transaction.

Keep up the amazing work! 😊

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 27 November 2013 at 12:24 PM

@leafpoolz

We are in the process of changing the bidding system, so that only the *difference* between increased, multiple bids is deducted from your account, as opposed to the full amount.

This will be changing shortly.

Female
1,194 posts

puppymaks • 27 November 2013 at 2:58 PM

@Ian

I'm not part of this, but I really need say: Great job!
You fix everything in moment, and only idea for this auction was amazing! ❤️
And I'm curious... What can we offer? EC, creatures, CC...?
CC offering would be great, because gifting isn't able any more 😉 Want you all best with this!

Female
203 posts

sophia123 • 27 November 2013 at 4:30 PM

only wanted to let you know:

won auction without any problems
sold pet via auction without any problems
auction was closed without any problems
notification works fine for me
sorting by species works great
the FAQ is helpfull
create an auction is easy

what i would like to see in future (besides things we spoke about in this treat):

- the possibility to see a preview of the auction you want to open
- show the starting bids on "auction listing" page ( at least for auctions without any bids)
- auctions for travels

Deleted • 27 November 2013 at 9:39 PM

@Ian
Alright, it will definitely work much better with only the difference being deducted. Thanks for changing 😉

Gender Questioning
2,276 posts

univea • 28 November 2013 at 12:06 AM

@Ian
I think there should be a way to run an auction for a single day (24 hours) instead of 1 day and 1 hour. Since there is no 0 hours option or 24 hours option, you can only have 23 hours or 1 day and 1 hour, right? (I'm just making sure I'm not missing anything here 😋)

Deleted • 28 November 2013 at 12:09 AM

@univea
I think thats a good idea too. A one hour extra difference isn't a big deal but still a zero hour option would be nice.

Female
203 posts

sophia123 • 28 November 2013 at 1:10 AM

@univea no you missed nothing^^ i see it like you! and yes a zero hours option would be nice

Female
287 posts

katrabit • 28 November 2013 at 6:08 PM

@Ian Just wondering, will people blocked by a User be able to see/Bid on Auctions by the person that Blocked them?

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 28 November 2013 at 11:05 PM

@Ian

Tried submitting a bid on an auction 10 seconds left on the clock. I was testing the possibility of sniping. My screen said that bidding was closed, but when my screen refreshed to the auction the clock was still counting down.

Is that an internet connection thing? You're thoughts would be greatly appreciated! 😊

Edit: One more thing... would it be possible to give the option of putting a reserve on the auction?

Female
751 posts

crazy4life • 29 November 2013 at 9:16 PM

Just a thought, with travel selling becoming so big, make it possible to auction travels as well as creatures? Then have a sort option so people may view just the travels or just the creatures being auctioned?

Female
1,796 posts

han • 30 November 2013 at 2:19 AM

@Ian
I was just thinking that if the minimum time is 3 hours, don't include 1 and 2 hours in the dropdown list 😊

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 30 November 2013 at 11:49 AM

@crazy4life
Being able to auction travels? Why not, I love this. 😊

Female
203 posts

sophia123 • 30 November 2013 at 7:08 PM

@snowball888111

well, that's not that easy... if you want an auction run for 1 day and 2 hours you will need that option^^

Female
462 posts

megadash • 30 November 2013 at 8:11 PM

1. Sold creature is still in cove (made list, not default list) but profile labels it under new owner. I have the 🪙.
2. I was just checking my creatures and I noticed that a creature ( Ahpinono the Nipha) that I had sold and got the coins for, was still mentioned in my cove. I even have the notification ("Your creature auction #184 (Ahpinono) has been won by thursdays_dove for 1,000 EC! This creature has been transferred to the winner.").
4. 1000 🪙

Female
1,796 posts

han • 30 November 2013 at 9:40 PM

@sophia123
Hmm true... good point.

@Ian
I think the suggestions about auctioning travels are great!

Deleted • 2 December 2013 at 7:19 PM

@Ian

1. I was trying to bid on an auction that I had been outbid on.

2. My original bid was 6 million EC. I had been outbid @ 6.3 million EC. I attempted to bid 6.4 million EC, and assumed that I would only need to bid the difference of 400k EC, since I already had submitted the 6 million. However, I was unable to, and instead had to put into escrow ANOTHER 6.4 million, along with my previous bid of 6 million.

3. Creature Auction #211

4. No exchange yet, just in escrows. Currently, I have 12.4 million in escrow, on that auction alone.

----- Is this a glitch? -----
If not, it's probably a good idea to change this, since most people do not have to monetary ability to bid multiple times, without returning the previous (now loosing) bid escrow.

Female
344 posts

yileen • 3 December 2013 at 12:47 PM

It's not a glitch, it's suggested that it should be changed, it's highly annoying not being able to bid again because of the escrow already in it.

Also missing that i cant open an auction in a new tab in firefox (ctrl+clicks or clicking using scrollwheel) A simple "View Auction" or "Bid" button as in trades would do.

And Maybe an option to bid anonymously?

@crazy4life Love the idea of travel auctions 😊

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 3 December 2013 at 4:32 PM

UPDATES:

3 Dec: Changed bidding system! Your total escrow for an auction is now your max bid, instead of each individual bid being held in escrow.
3 Dec: You'll now see the "Starting Bid" amount for auctions with 0 bids instead of just "0 EC" as current bid
3 Dec: Added an option for "0 hours" when creating an auction
3 Dec: Users that you've blocked cannot bid on your creature auctions
3 Dec: When a creature is won, it'll be automatically removed from any of your Cove Lists
3 Dec: As an economic tool, visit the "Auctions Log" to see the past 30 days of creatures and what they've sold for

NEW BIDDING SYSTEM EXPLAINED:

Before:
- 1st bid ==> 100 EC (EC required: 100 EC)
- 2nd bid ==> 200 EC (EC required: 200 EC)
- 3rd bid ==> 700 EC (EC required: 700 EC)

Total sum of bids: 1000 EC
Total held in escrow: 1000 EC

After:
- 1st bid ==> 100 EC (EC required: 100 EC)
- 2nd bid ==> 200 EC (EC required: 100 EC)
- 3rd bid ==> 700 EC (EC required: 500 EC)

Total sum of bids: 1000 EC
Total held in escrow: 700 EC (HIGHEST BID)

WORKING ON:

- Potential for CaveCash currency auctions
- Item Auctions are in the works

Female
203 posts

sophia123 • 4 December 2013 at 12:19 AM

great job @ian! tested all i can at the moment and realized that my "Auctions Log" seems to show wrong things....

i sold only a lucial till now.but my auction log shows an idola you own (http://eggcave.com/egg/712360) and a kujak owned by @darkbound (http://eggcave.com/egg/1149303)

edit: ok, i think i missunderstood that new stuff... the log shows all closed auctions, right? not my ones^^

then i have a new idea *lol* an auction log for all MY passed auctions (creas i sold, and auctions i won)

Female
344 posts

yileen • 4 December 2013 at 9:43 AM

@sophia123

I'm seeing 4 creatures now. (it's a bit later then when you posted)
Including 1 I won. I think it's an overall list rather than a personal one.
Not sure i'd use that.
A personal sold and won list sounds better to me.

And i'm still going for an option to make your bid anonymous 😊

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 4 December 2013 at 3:21 PM

@sophia123 @yileen

Yes. The Processed Log is of all processed auctions, so you can view what certain creatures have gone for. It's not personal, atm.

Noted the suggestion for anonymous bidding. 😊

Female
344 posts

yileen • 4 December 2013 at 3:23 PM

Thanks 😃 ❤️ You've earned yourself a coffee, or redbull to keep you going haha 😃

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 4 December 2013 at 5:14 PM

@yileen

Haha. Yayyyy.

CHANGELOG UPDATE

4 Dec: CaveCash currency-only auctions

Maintenance complete for today. 😋

Female
344 posts

yileen • 4 December 2013 at 5:16 PM

Nice!!! I see the coffee did it job 😸

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 4 December 2013 at 8:07 PM

Wow, cash cave currency auctions - seems scary to me.
Real money deals gets a bit tricky and sometimes ugly LoL
I, personally, will stick to EC auctions I think, until I see how this may work. Obviously, money has to be in the bank, so to speak to bid.

I'd hate to have someone bid on a cash auction and then win the auction but then say OOPS I spent the cc by accident *on purpose* to back out of the deal. CC got out of hand in the trade center and made trading simply and outrageously unfair.

What kind of safeguards will CC auction have?

I think there should be a ceiling too.
I have a clear vision of someone wanting 500 dollars for an Onny which I think would be an injustice for pixels. That's me of course, but could very well get out of hand in a hurry. That's what happened in the trade center. Greed took over common sense. Just voicing concerns and starting dialogue.

Feelers, so to speak.