Creature Auctions Bug Topic

in Problems & Bugs

Male
193 posts

cosmicbrambleclaw • 4 January 2014 at 1:56 PM

@Ian Im having difficulties with the auction again. Last night I was bidding on one of @Zero_chaos 's eggs and as you recommended I went by the official site clock instead of the "approx. time left" box. The problem was, that the auction ended before the said time :/ granted I lost anyway because of dang snipers who blow me out of the water in every auction I enter, what ticked me off most though is that the auction ended before the time it said.

I would use my computers clock, but its about a minute faster than the Cave clock, and it doesnt show seconds which poses a problem with last minute bidding.

Just thought I'd mention that incase anybody else (I noticed a few people having the same issue) had that problem of auctions ending too early

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 4 January 2014 at 5:00 PM

@fallenangel1550

Thanks very much for this suggestion. I've added the auction's Current Bid to the "My Bids" page.

@cosmicbrambleclaw

We've made yet another update to the "Time Left" field to improve its accuracy. Let me know if you have better luck in the future.

Female
3,164 posts

faybaybay • 4 January 2014 at 5:06 PM

@Ian Is there ever going to be a way we can auction off travels? Or is the only way going to be making a topic on the forums?

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 4 January 2014 at 5:09 PM

@faybaybay

Yes, item trading and auctioning is coming as well.

Female
3,164 posts

faybaybay • 4 January 2014 at 5:11 PM

@Ian Ok cool 😊 also, just wondering, is there a way to cancel one of your auctions if you creature has not yet received any bids?

Male
193 posts

cosmicbrambleclaw • 4 January 2014 at 5:31 PM

@Ian thanks 😊 I noticed when I was bidding from my new side (my girlfriend gave me her old account and all her eggs were dead ^^; btw, ignore the help ticket from @berrylilly16 if you dont mind ^^; I was on the wrong tab when I sent it (unless of course you want to help with that ticket XD))

Female
2,921 posts

mairbear • 4 January 2014 at 10:00 PM

@Ian

So as I've been using the auctions, I've noticed a few things that are missing that I think might be convenient to have:

- a watchlist

I.e. I may see an auction for a creature I want but it doesn't end till 4 days later and I don't want to lock up my EC in it but I also don't want to forget about said auction. And that's where the watchlist would come in 😊

It would also be nice to have the option to wishlist species and have them automatically appear in your watchlist. Or perhaps that could be a separate page altogether XD

- better tracking of your own bids

It would be nice if your own bids show up on the main page, species search results page, and/or the watchlist/wishlist page(s) if that were to be put into effect. Say I'm collecting Heims. There are so many Heims auctions, it's difficult to keep track of which ones I've actually bid on because people constantly make new auctions. I've opened up many an auction only to discover I was already the top bidder!

It could just be a line under the "Total Bids" line that says: "Your Bid: ####" either in green if you're winning, or red if you're losing 😊

- 20 newest auctions

Honestly I'm not sure if that'll be useful but since the trades have one... why not? XD

- more options for the auctioneer

I know this is already in the suggestions list but I wanted to add that the auctioneer should only have the ability to modify an auction (i.e. starting price, time left, or outright close) if there are no bids on it. 😊

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 7 January 2014 at 2:53 PM

@faybaybay @mairbear

Thanks for the suggestions. I have added the ability for a user to cancel their auction early if there are no bids on it. See the "Cancel" link on the Creature Auction's listing to cancel.

Again: the option can't be used once there is active bidding.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 8 January 2014 at 6:16 PM

@Ian - Thank you so much for the cancel option!

208 posts

hathor89 • 10 January 2014 at 8:57 AM

@Ian Thanks a lot, creature auctions is a great tool. And I guess with the suggestions of mairbear it'll become even greater.
But I was just creating a few auctions and missed the "4" in the dropdown menu where you can tell the system how many days you wish your auction to be going on. That was a little confusing. 😃

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 10 January 2014 at 3:25 PM

@hathor89

Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed!

Female
108 posts

steph • 11 January 2014 at 4:05 AM

@ian

I placed one of my creatures, Ardell , up for auction two days ago. I received a notification today that a user bid on the lot and won the auction for 50,000 EC. The creature is now off of my account, but I have not yet received the EC. Should there be this much lag in the transfer of the EC?

The auction number was #3241.

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 14 January 2014 at 12:21 PM

@steph

Resolved!

Female
108 posts

steph • 14 January 2014 at 7:32 PM

@Ian

Thanks!

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 22 January 2014 at 7:35 PM

@Ian I'd like to report this bug that another user is experiencing.

"Egg Cave accounts are capped at 300 creatures. You must have space available (299 creatures or less) on your account to bid on an auction."
- FAQ

Well this person has gone over the cove limit because of auctions. That shouldn't happen.....

Male
39 posts

drew12345 • 26 January 2014 at 1:42 PM

@Ian
I have lot up and it start at 20k but the first bid is only 40ec it less pleas3 help ☚ī¸

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 27 January 2014 at 12:55 PM

@drew12345

I see you have a lot of auctions up. Which one are you referring to in specific?

@spiritkoi

You've went over the 300 creature limit because of Creature Auctions? If not you, then who? It's possible to go over the 300 creature-limit if you win multiple auctions at 299 creatures.

Male
39 posts

drew12345 • 27 January 2014 at 1:05 PM

@Ian
it was evolve tasma one but I had friend ofer the right starting bid and then I give back there ec for it cause they didnt real want it

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 27 January 2014 at 1:17 PM

@drew12345

Ok. I am not sure what exactly is happening in terms of a "bug" or "glitch." Could you explain that further? My understanding right now is that you've simply given the creature back?

Male
39 posts

drew12345 • 27 January 2014 at 1:21 PM

@Ian
I set uo lot with tasma as evolved as 20k ec but the person that ofer first ofered liwer than the start bid. they ofrred 40 ec when I had it set for 20k ec not as liw as the firat ofer was so I asked friend to helo since I didnt want that less of ec for it ☚ī¸

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 27 January 2014 at 1:25 PM

@drew12345

Has this auction completed, or is it still running? I need to see if (please provide a link) if it is still running.

If it is not running, can you send me a link to creature profile, as I'll need this to track the bidding in our logs.

The more info, the better. I need the auction ID (if it's running) or the creature (link to profile). If I don't have these things, I won't be able to investigate what actually happened.

Thanks much.

Male
39 posts

drew12345 • 27 January 2014 at 1:31 PM

@Ian
it still up
is this what you mean Creature Auction #4478

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 27 January 2014 at 3:11 PM

@Ian Ya, that's what happened (rarep4nda) I think that should be fixed..

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 27 January 2014 at 3:33 PM

@drew12345 @spiritkoi

Fixed now! Thanks much.

Male
39 posts

drew12345 • 27 January 2014 at 8:01 PM

@Ian
ok thanks to

Female
372 posts

circus • 1 March 2014 at 11:07 PM

Hi there, I offered 916,213 EC on
Mar 1, 7:46:33 pm ECT for Bent the Onny, but have only gotten 15001 back.

@Ian

(Sorry if I did something wrong)

Edit: Please can somebody reply? I want to bid on an auction that is ending soon.