[Contest] 2014 Celebrations!

in User Contests & Giveaways

Are you ready for 2014?

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 19 December 2013 at 12:00 PM

Welcome, everyone, to... erm... this contest... I guess...

*ahem*

2014 is just around the corner (just two weeks away!), so what better way to greet and celebrate it than to have a contest? There will be two sections to this contest, and you can participate in either or even both of them! The classic system of gold, silver, and bronze prize-winners will be used here. Prizes involve EC, travels, names, and even CC for the gold prize! Everyone who participates will receive a travel, but obviously, these top three users will get some extra goodies. See http://textsnip.com/6hvrvh for my current travel inventory. c:

Everyone can participate--that said, please do not participate using side accounts. The contest starts on 19th December 2013 12:00p.m. ECT and finishes on 18th January 2014 12:00p.m. ECT. Times may not be exact, but any posts after the finishing time and date will not be counted--including those right at 12:00p.m., so don't chance it!

The first section is the obvious classic: feeding!
1 creature = 1 point
You may feed the coves below to earn points; feeding other creatures does not count towards your points.
@karamel (184)
@banana (140)
@Ian (42)
@yazibelle (40)
@ice2505 (19)
Total: 425

This may seem obvious, but post after you feed, not before or during! This lowers the chance of fake points, and no one likes a cheater.
When posting, post which cove(s) you've fed (or the number of creatures if you didn't feed the entire cove[s]), then the points. This helps me to double-check and, again, lowers the chance of cheating.

Prizes:

Everyone (including prize-winners): A travel of your choice on a first come, first served basis.
Gold prize / first place: 1,002,014 EC + 500 CC + another travel of your choice + a name from my 'Names' list
Silver prize / second place: 502,014 EC + a SAR creature + another travel of your choice + a name from my 'Names' list
Bronze prize / third place: 252,014 EC + another travel of your choice
Runner up prize: 202,014 EC + another travel of your choice

Priority goes to the gold winner, then the silver, then bronze, then everyone else. "Everyone else" cannot choose their prize until the prize-winners have selected their prizes. In the event of a prize-winner not responding within a week of winning, the person with the next most points will get the prize (in addition to any prize[s] they have already received). For example, if the Gold winner does not respond in a week, the Silver winner is able to claim the Gold prize in addition to their Silver prize.

If you happen to win, you have the right to decline any of your prizes and they will go to the person who got the next most points (in addition to any prize[s] they have already received).
If there happens to be a draw, the EC will be split. For the Silver prize, all drawing users will receive a Calla or a Flub--they get to choose. For names and travels, everyone can choose a name and travel as normal.

Happy feeding!

~

The second section is more creative: illustrating & writing!
Express your imagination and creative skills by drawing or writing something. The theme is NEW YEAR. That's it. It can be the smell of the food at your New Year's Even party, or the sounds of the fireworks that somewhat irritate your dog. It can be the new year 2014, or the year 0AD, or even the year 4102! There are no other limits. You can spray-paint firework graffiti or pencil a digital sketch; you can pen journal entries for the days leading up to New Year's Day or compose an acrostic using the letters in "TWENTY FOURTEEN". It's entirely up to you! (Note that all work must comply with the Terms of Service--though that's a given.)

You can only submit one (1) entry (so either illustrating or writing)--if you submit two, I'll judge the first one, unless you tell me otherwise. (You never know--you might suddenly think that your sketch of the world in 4012 is much better than your haiku about your dog whining about the explosions outside.) Because this topic is going to be more for people posting their points every day, please message me your entry. The deadline is when the contest ends--18th January 2014 at 12:00p.m. Entries will be judged on creativity, imagination, and artistic skills (so aesthetics for illustrations, and words for writing).

Prizes:

Everyone (including prize-winners): A travel of your choice on a first come, first served basis.
Gold prize / first place: 1,002,014 EC + 250 CC + another travel of your choice + a name from my 'Names' list
Silver prize / second place: 502,014 EC + a SAR creature + another travel of your choice + a name from my 'Names' list
Bronze prize / third place: 252,014 EC + another travel of your choice
Runner up: 202,014 EC + another travel of your choice

Priority goes to the gold winner, then the silver, then bronze, then everyone else. "Everyone else" cannot choose their prize until the prize-winners have selected their prizes. In the event of a prize-winner not responding within a week of winning, the person with the next most points will get the prize (in addition to any prize[s] they have already received). For example, if the Gold winner does not respond in a week, the Silver winner is able to claim the Gold prize in addition to their Silver prize.

If you happen to win, you have the right to decline any of your prizes and they will go to the person who got the next most points (in addition to any prize[s] they have already received).

Get those creative juices flowing!

~

Feeding Contest ~ Points
(Sorted in order of points--highest to lowest)

@kollais - 12553 points
@wererage - 10032 points
@kiryko - 9637 points
@emo_pattys - 7491 points
@life - 3723 points
@lunacharm1037 - 2490 points
@kuma - 1670 points
@hipsterism - 418 points
@cookiemonster - 111 points
@_black3333_ - 67 points

~

WINNERS

First section:
Gold prize / first place: @kollais - 12553 points -- prizes claimed
Silver prize / second place: @wererage - 10032 points -- prizes claimed
Bronze prize / third place: @kiryko - 9637 points -- prizes claimed
Runner up: @emo_pattys - 7491 points -- prizes claimed
All other users:
@life -- prize claimed
@lunacharm1037 -- prize claimed
@kuma
@hipsterism
@cookiemonster -- prize claimed
@_black3333_

Second section:
Gold prize / first place: @kiryko - http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=pFTQRYA6 -- prizes claimed
Silver prize / second place: @jemmie - http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=492SeUQ2 -- prizes claimed
Bronze prize / third place: @wererage - http://wildalpha.deviantart.com/art/Second-Chance-time-belongs-to-us-426698842 -- prizes claimed
Runner up: @sony - http://ashware.deviantart.com/art/Horse-427724910 -- prizes claimed

If you have any further questions or would like something to be clarified, you're more than welcome to ask me in this topic or message me.

Thank you for your time--good luck and have fun! 😊

#kara

Male
102 posts

hipsterism • 19 December 2013 at 1:07 PM

@karamel
Fed all!

Deleted • 19 December 2013 at 3:14 PM

@karamel

. Oookay, first of all, the poll. xD
I voted "sort of", because ... I dunno, every year for me is not a change ... it's kinda the same of the previous one. Every new year doesn't bring so much changes in my life so I don't need to feel "prepared", and I don't like to plan things as well, because when I do it, then the fate can be really strange, it likes to play some jokes, like a jester! xD
So ... basically, I don't know. But I hope this year will bring something special and good to peope waiting for it. Who knows, anything can happens ...

. Second thing, the contest!
I think it's a really nice idea, and thank you for organizing it! 😊
I would love to enjoy, since I'm sure it will be fun. Plus, I love both feeding & drawing, so I would love to join both contests. I'll send you my drawing when I'll finish it ... I'm not the best drawer here, but I'll do my best! x3

So ...

. 19 / December / 2013
Fed all in the listed coves = +418 points. 😊

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 19 December 2013 at 3:31 PM

Updated~
Livepulse pings (apologies in advance):

@spiritkoi
@faerie_eclair_mallow
@rebel
@momokie

@wererage Haha, thanks for voting on the poll! c:

There's no rush--and I'm not judging entirely on your artistic skills; if anything, I'm looking more for creativity and abstract thinking. I know there are plenty of very creative and imaginitive minds out there, but struggle to put their ideas on to paper. Don't worry if you don't think you're the best artist in the world; I appreciate and am more than open to any artistic entries! ❤️

Female
2,296 posts

kollais • 19 December 2013 at 4:27 PM

@karamel

Fed all coves

Deleted • 20 December 2013 at 4:08 AM

@karamel
Aahah I'll be sure to make something creative and also funny, then. I also have a lot of idead floating in my mind, I feel inspired. 😋

. 20 / December / 2013
Fed all the coves = +418 points.
= Total = 836 points. 😊

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 20 December 2013 at 12:55 PM

Updated~

@sammiwolf
@kurochi-akuma
@safikei
@hybridrainbow
@kuma

172 posts

kuma • 20 December 2013 at 2:57 PM

@karamel fed all 419 critters

Deleted • 20 December 2013 at 3:36 PM

@karamel
Sounds like a great way to celebrate the new year on EC 😊
I don't have the time to participate unfortunately.

Good luck everyone!

Female
2,296 posts

kollais • 20 December 2013 at 3:49 PM

@karamel

Fed all coves

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 20 December 2013 at 4:07 PM

Updated~

@hybridrainbow No worries--I totally understand that. 😋 Happy (early) new year!

Livepulse pings (apologies in advance);
@leonx
@iulianna1
@2elle2
@sstwins

Deleted • 21 December 2013 at 4:37 AM

@karamel

. 21 / December / 2013
Fed all the coves = +418 points.
= Total = 1254 points. 😊

Female
2,296 posts

kollais • 21 December 2013 at 11:59 AM

@karamel

Fed all coves

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 21 December 2013 at 12:04 PM

@wererage The current total for all the coves is now 421; did you mean 421 or 418? x3
(The cove numbers are changing all the time.)

Updated~

Random livepulse pings (apologies in advance):
@chowchow2012
@iv24
@cinnamon_cider
@yileen

Deleted • 21 December 2013 at 12:10 PM

@karamel
Argh, this will be confusing. >.<
If the creatures' number will change during the same day, after a person had alredy fed it will be kinda annoying to find out which ones are the new ones to feed (dunno If I explained, my english is not the best). xD Also it's not said that If the number change after a person alredy fed that person will notice it ...
For example I alredy fed today, since I usually can fed only in the morning, I noticed some creatures were added just because of the ping, but I wouldn't If it wasn't for the ping, and now I'm trying to figure out and feed the creatures that were added. D:

EDIT: I found out two new creatures on @banana, the two heims, and I fed them, so I should be at 1256 points now.
I cannot seem to find the other two that were added and I need to feed, sorry. >.<

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 21 December 2013 at 12:21 PM

@wererage When you go to feed, the total number of creatures in that cove is displayed above the creatures. You can check that way. 😋

There were 418 originally, and I obtained a new creature (+1 = 419). banana obtained two new creatures, so +2 = 421. 😉

Deleted • 21 December 2013 at 12:25 PM

@karamel
Well, I suppose you're right ... xD
But how in the earth I can find and feed the added creatures in a cove of 170? owo I mean, I should pick every single creature, click all of them and check the recently feed to see which one I didn't fed (the added ones), but this would took some time and would be kinda ... annoying. Dunno If I explained well. XD

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 21 December 2013 at 12:52 PM

@wererage Oh, I see what you mean. I guess you've got to deal with that for the moment; I don't own the other 4 coves so I can't control that. Many sincere apologies! D:

Deleted • 21 December 2013 at 2:47 PM

@karamel
Heh, I suppose you're right. 😋
I suppose I need to be a stalker, then. xD
By the ways, can I ask you a favor? If you can, and If you notice the coves' number increased, can you ping us here to advertise us as well, so we can all have te chance to find and feed the added creatures? We will however try to notice it too.
It would be a little esier, I think. 😊

By the way, I clicked again all the creatures in the first four cove (to be right), and I fed the creatures without my name under the "recently feed" notice, so I think I'm at 1258 points as well now. (you can check as well). ;-D
Sorry for bothering again with my posts, though. D:

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 21 December 2013 at 3:03 PM

@wererage No worries. I've been updating the coves' numbers every day, so I'm sure I can link the new creatures too. I'll do that. 😊
Updated~

@tineless
@ilovedoctorwho
@jupiter_hollow
@immortalraven

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 21 December 2013 at 3:08 PM

@karamel
No thanks, I don't think I'll catch up to points since you already started this. Whenever people join after people already started then the person who joined after usually loses so yeah, I'm out. Good luck with this though

172 posts

kuma • 21 December 2013 at 3:26 PM

@karamel fed all 417

EDIT: December 22 - fed all 417 again

Deleted • 22 December 2013 at 10:32 AM

@karamel

Update (I saw the cove's numbers changed again):
@karamel (171)
@banana (138)
@Ian (42)
@yazibelle (39)
@ice2505 (27)
Total : 417

. 22 / December / 2013
Fed all the coves = +417 points.
= Total = 1675 points.

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 22 December 2013 at 2:52 PM

Updated~ c:

Livepulse pings:
@starling
@dream-within-a-dream
@hemester
@houndoom125
@sparrow

Transgender Male
395 posts

houndoom125 • 22 December 2013 at 3:13 PM

What....?????? (leans head to side)

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 22 December 2013 at 3:57 PM

@houndoom125 Read the first post. x3 This is just a contest.

Female
2,296 posts

kollais • 23 December 2013 at 2:23 AM

@karamel

Fed all coves before 3 am, before reset, woof)
I fell asleep)
Those points are for 22.12

172 posts

kuma • 23 December 2013 at 11:30 AM

@karamel fed all 417 today

Deleted • 23 December 2013 at 12:12 PM

@karamel

---

. karamel (171)
. banana (138)
. Ian (42)
. yazibelle (39)