Item Trades Center Bug/Ideas Topic

in Problems & Bugs

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 23 August 2014 at 7:40 PM

Hi all!

We're on a roll. We're now testing our Item Trades Center. Only 200 players have been selected for this beta group. As we test, this number will be increased.

If you have access, you should see a big link on the right sidebar. If not visit here:

http://eggcave.com/itemtrades

Please test and write back here with any ideas, feedback, suggestions, and/or glitches.

Rest assured that we're logging and tracking all transactions and, in the event of a glitch, we CAN REVERSE trades here (we will, however, not do this on request -- only due to a glitch).

Thanks for being a member of Egg Cave!

Best,
Ian

Gender Questioning
2,276 posts

univea • 23 August 2014 at 7:45 PM

@Ian This sounds cool 😃 I haven't really been buying anything but travels, but maybe I'll get some other stuff now.

Female
2,003 posts

furfur • 23 August 2014 at 9:25 PM

Nice to finally have this! I can't wait to start trading items with everyone.

I'm kinda glad I hoarded travels now 😈

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 23 August 2014 at 9:53 PM

Loving it 😃
I have done a few trades and bought a few things.
So far so good.
I love the little apple icon (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

Female
916 posts

evilyowling • 23 August 2014 at 9:54 PM

Hmm, when I try to offer with only EC (Haven't tried with travels yet) and click the make offer button, it doesn't do anything. It just clicks the button and doesn't load the next page. I'm using IE.

Edit: Tried it in Firefox, Chrome and Pale moon. Doesn't work either. ☚ī¸

Female
766 posts

lunar • 23 August 2014 at 11:16 PM

I already did a my 1st trade here.
Its awesome! This is a great idea. I love having beta also. When this gets open to everyone, I cant wait to see the waves of trades!

Female
2,003 posts

furfur • 23 August 2014 at 11:31 PM

I had the same problem as EvilYowling. I tried to offer with just EC and it didn't work, but I had an empty inventory at the time. Later I tried again with a travel in my inventory and it worked even though I didn't offer that item I just offered EC.

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 26 August 2014 at 12:11 PM

@univea @furfur @lunar @evilyowling @piucca

Thanks for these reports. We're looking over them as we speak.

Female
864 posts

sprite • 26 August 2014 at 12:30 PM

So far every thing is going good. Loving this soo much as an item collector 😃

Google Chrome
Windows 8.1

My Trades:
CC Travels went in without problems. 1 retired 1 new.
Received all items I have offered on and been accepted.
My offers that were declined I received the item back.
No issues putting other items in.

I would love the ability if it could happen for items names to pop down in the search like creatures do. Listed under each store they stock in. Also understand there are more of them. Just be a more thorough way for me to look for items vs checking out several players on the leaderboards. Since I keep a list for each store and log in when I use the items.

Again loving it so far!

1,247 posts

Zac • 28 August 2014 at 10:26 AM

@evilyowling @furfur This bug has been fixed! You should now be able to offer EC on lots even if you have no tradeable items. Thanks for catching that. 😊

@luvmykids244 Would you mind explaining a little bit more what you mean? I want to make sure I understand.

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 28 August 2014 at 4:21 PM

We've included 500 new beta testers as of today! Enjoy and have fun.

Female
864 posts

sprite • 28 August 2014 at 4:37 PM

@zaC

Eh never mind I think it's better used for if we have shops one day.

@Ian

Wow it has exploded and already several trades from new Beta's woot!

Gender Questioning
2,276 posts

univea • 28 August 2014 at 5:49 PM

@Ian When I got the notification that I was a beta tester, the link sent me to the Click Exchange instead.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 28 August 2014 at 5:56 PM

@univea
Same here.

But clicking on the link above the list of EC/CC things, it redirected me correctly.

EDIT:
Hyperlinking to lots in the center is not working

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 28 August 2014 at 9:15 PM

@Ian
The ecode for the links to the lots isn't working.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 28 August 2014 at 9:20 PM

@Ian
The link to the lot code thing doesn't work :c

Female
112 posts

shinasuki • 29 August 2014 at 11:55 AM

@Ian
Today a lot I had offered on got closed (I think that was the one at least) and the items I had offered still 'think' they're being traded so I can't move them or offer them on something else.

Now the same problem when I cancelled my own lots. I have a total of 7 items in trades right now but there are 17 items stuck in my inventory. 10 items that just think they're in a trade (Or worse are in a trade I can't see under 'My Trades' or 'My Offers'.
One of the items were never even in a trade! My inventory will get full if this continues...

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 29 August 2014 at 1:11 PM

Testing hyperlinks below:

ITEM LOT:

Lot #322

CREATURE LOT:

Lot #322

UPDATE: Links fixed! Bug squashed.

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 29 August 2014 at 1:49 PM

@Ian

I got beta on my side, @goku, because I buy all of my CC there. 😊

I was wondering if you could move it to here, my new main, so that I can fully immerse myself in the experience?

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 29 August 2014 at 1:59 PM

@despair

Access added to this account.

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 29 August 2014 at 2:08 PM

@Ian

Thanks, m8.

Female
167 posts

thaliel • 29 August 2014 at 11:51 PM

since I see no real poin in items except for the collecting aspect, I just cannot bother with item buying or trading

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 30 August 2014 at 2:02 AM

@Ian
Would it be possible to add the rarity status of the item or travel when offering? It'll be a little helpful C:

Female
112 posts

shinasuki • 31 August 2014 at 5:34 PM

*sob sob*.

I have nothing in trades but 10 items in my inventory refuses to be interacted with, claiming to be in trades. LIES! >.<

Scratch that. 11 items. It happened again. There is something wrong with closing lots. On both ends.
When a lot gets closed that I have an offer on the items I have offered are still blocked form being used as if they're still offered on a lot. But I can't see them in the item trade center to cancel the offer.
When I cancel my own trade lots (no offers on them if that matters or not I don't know. Just think I should mention it before I forget) some of the items still say they're in a trade when I look at them in my inventory but again there is nothing in the trade center to indicate I have a trade active.
Is this happening to someone else (maybe you just don't pay attention?)?

I like my items so I hope this gets fixed soon. (What is taking so long? My inventory is messy and I can't trade my stickers! ... maybe I'm invisible... Does that mean I can use swearwords? Not sure of the point if it can't be seen though...)

1,247 posts

Zac • 1 September 2014 at 10:21 AM

@shinasuki I think I may have isolated the bug that was causing your items to remain in the trade center outside of lots or offers. Please test out closing lots and see if it continues to happen.

EVERYONE: Offers have been cleared from the trade center as a result of this bug. If you had a standing offer that contained EC this may have been lost. We do have logs, so if you are missing EC please contact me or submit a ticket and we can get things remedied. Thanks for your understanding!

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 1 September 2014 at 10:27 AM

@zaC
I think I am missing 3mil from offering on satelliitti's lot of Ark City Greenhouse and Ark City Art Gallery. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure I had a standing offer

1,247 posts

Zac • 1 September 2014 at 10:29 AM

@promise Send in a ticket and I'll take a look! Thanks

9 posts

tahoe • 1 September 2014 at 3:55 PM

Deleted because I was mistaken.

KK

Female
1 post

teacup • 4 September 2014 at 7:17 PM

ooops, Im so silly, I thought the center was gone, but I'm on my side account >///<

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 6 September 2014 at 7:19 PM

@fakeworld
I agree, this would help when selling items.
Though I have been just including it in the description. 😊