Wall Comments

in Site Feedback & Ideas

What do you think?

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 8 June 2017 at 4:16 PM

I am not sure if this was suggested already or not. Hard to keep track of what has and hasn't. Sorry if it was.

Ok so I know a LOT of people that hate deleting wall comments now.

I ask on my wall that people either delete their own messages or PM me. Which doesn't always happen and then I have to delete a crap ton of comments.

So I propose:
1) You can disable wall comments. [You'd get to keep existing wall comments since I know people have special ones]
- Having a bad day and don't wanna talk. Can just disable for the day.
- Just want people to PM you then now they have no choice but to PM you or not contact you at all.

2) You can mass delete comments. [Like you can mass select items in the inventory or mass delete PMs]
- Instead of #1 or with #1.
- So it doesn't take like an hour.
- Sometimes one by one makes the computer /REALLY/ slow so it makes it take even longer.

Now I prefer both. Sometimes I just don't wanna talk at all. And I just don't like using walls anyways.
Most of you may know already that when I respond I usually respond with a LOT. So that's a lot for me to delete off someone else's wall if I messaged them first if they want em deleted or it's a lot for them to delete if they messaged me first.

I also have to click out of the popup every time I need to write something again. It wouldn't be as bad if right when I exited the thing that it'd be over the text box but instead it's right under it and I have to scroll up a bit each time. Now yeah I guess you can call me lazy but I know I am not the only one who does not like this.

Sorry if ya don't like pings >.<
@daisy1664
@leafmelody
@element
@o_o
@birdlover64

Female
3,802 posts

sparklefox • 8 June 2017 at 4:44 PM

@immortalraven - These would be some highly useful features, in my opinion. I probably wouldn't use the first one so often (but I can still admit that it will be handy for many people), but the second one will be OH-SO HELPFUL. Especially when there's a lot of comments I want to delete. Going through them one-by-one is slow and tedious, and let me tell you... my laptop utterly hates it (like you said with the making-the-computer-slow part).

I'm in support of these. I'd love to see both implemented.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 8 June 2017 at 4:58 PM

@sparklefox
Thanks for the comments and support x3
Hopefully at least the 2nd one gets made ;-;

Male
660 posts

brad • 8 June 2017 at 5:24 PM

@immortalraven 100% agree.
I'm one of those that would prefer to be able to turn them off completely if that was an option.
I already have a note in my comments saying to just message me.

It's so much easier to keep track of conversations when all the messages are in one place. Rather than having to go search through different profiles, some times multiple pages of comments - that is if they haven't been deleted the comments already.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 8 June 2017 at 5:49 PM

@o_o
I have that there too and people still do but I have accidentally did so once and felt bad that I did >.<

But YES it is so much easier to keep track just in PMs o3o

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 8 June 2017 at 5:49 PM

@immortalraven
I'd vote mass delete, but not disable. I do like the option of commenting, even just to tell people "Have a nice day!" Or "you have a beautiful cove ❤️", although I suppose it is up to the person.

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 8 June 2017 at 6:21 PM

@immortalraven
I can see disabling comments for sides when you don't want anyone posting over there, especially when you're not on those accounts to check and reply, but just having that option there in general would be great.

All for the mass deleting thing or at least a little tweak in the code so the page doesn't have to reload every time a comment gets deleted.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 8 June 2017 at 6:45 PM

@luv
Thanks for you opinion c:

@element
Ya know I totally forgot about for sides but /yes/
People ignore that I do not go on them much. I mean if I message ya from there then yeah I get responding there and say that's fine. But I have people comment and PM on sides sometimes. Which reminds me I am gonna disable the PMs there. I keep forgetting -.- Sometimes it's like 2 weeks before I even see the message and I'm like why? >.<

I'd be fine if it went back to how it was before on version 2 for deleting comments. Still would prefer mass delete but if not then if it went to how it was I wouldn't be so annoyed with the deleting >.<

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 8 June 2017 at 7:26 PM

@immortalraven
Same here. Saw a PM that was sent on my side 6 weeks later and was like didn't they see the status when they were clicking the button? xP It's horrible. I felt so bad taking so long to respond. Same thing with wall posts but that one was only 3 days in comparison lol

Mass deletion would be amazing since it can take a while to clear off unwanted posts but anything is better than this. I try to be patient but still want to like...pull my hair out in frustration sometimes x.x

Male
660 posts

brad • 8 June 2017 at 11:48 PM

@immortalraven
I mean yeah, it happens. It's not that big of a deal when it does, as it's not too hard to just go start a conversation with them yourself. But it definitely would be more convenient for the other person to just start it.

@luv
I do agree on that. That's one thing I have on my profile comment. It's nice to get the little bits of interaction that way when you're just making a simple little comment. "Fed your cove!" or whatever it is, fits much better as just a quick profile comment rather than a whole message.

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 9 June 2017 at 2:35 AM

@immortalraven
I like the second one a lot better 😃 The first ones still good, but I think, in total, the second mass deleting one would be a lot lot easier... That's actually a great idea 😃 It would be quick for those who want to delete them 😊 I haven't deleted a comment yet, but it seems that it would take a long long time...

Deleted • 9 June 2017 at 3:09 AM

@immortalraven wow I just tried to delete some comments and I totally agree with you on the mass deletion front - version 2 was much better because you didn't get scrolled up after deleting each comment and I don't think we got the on-page notification about 'you have deleted this comment'

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 9 June 2017 at 2:03 PM

@o_o
Some people get mad if I do x'D Most don't mind at all but I can't take the people being rudeish sometimes just for that. Then those people would have to PM me or not contact me at all which if they didn't contact me at all then that'd be great. It's not block worthy rude though at least.

@element
Dang o-o
But yeah I'm like. It's right in my status are profile on the one people contact the most. I'm like /face palm/ How do you not see that? ;-;
I have to quit for awhile and then start again or I want to throw something at my laptop x'D But then I might get even more wall posts in the meantime so sometimes it's lose/lose >.<

@leafmelody
It takes forever. Trust me on that >.< It slows down your computer and take you to the top of your profile again so then you have to go down and do that process over and over ;-;

@jrw48
Yeah we didn't have you deleted this comment. Just the one are you sure you want to delete? one.

Female
442 posts

vibrancy • 10 June 2017 at 3:32 PM

@immortalraven I am in total 100% support of the second option - it would be a wonderful feature to have, and useful in so many ways. My wall tends to get overrun, and I can't even fully express how nice it would be to have the ability to delete multiple comments at once.

Now, for the first, I'm a little tentative, cause if somebody had their pms shut off, along with their wall, there would be no way possible to contact them. Of course, I know, that would be the idea, but in my mind still has a bit of a downside......idk, I can definitely see how it would be nice, just not sure it's completely necessary. So, I'm a little neutral on this one. I know my reasons are a bit selfish...😋

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 10 June 2017 at 4:17 PM

@immortalraven

I think this would be good if both were optional. I'm okay with the current method for the most part, but I understand why others would have issues.

Another thing that I think would be useful would be to have the option to pin wall posts to the top of the wall so they won't get buried in a sea of other posts.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 10 June 2017 at 6:33 PM

@birdlover64
Thanks for your opinion c:
I don't think many would do both unless they were just having a really dang bad day. Or if it's a side account. I feel bad when it takes like a week for me to respond and it's kinda annoying when I say not to contact me there because I don't get on a ton and people still do.
I'd use the comment ones here most likely but PMs still on. Cause people still write on my wall and ignore the thing to delete their own comments or to just PM me ;-; It takes so long. I mean if the 2nd option was made it wouldn't be such a problem but I prefer PMs in general over wall cause of just how much I write >.<

@lykhaos117
Ooo I like that idea x3

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 10 June 2017 at 10:30 PM

@immortalraven
Ohhhhhhhh yea that sounds long...
It would be so cool if you could retrive the comments that you posted and the comments you deleted though 😱

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 10 June 2017 at 10:35 PM

@immortalraven

Mass deleting would be cool. It's not that I delete mine (I never do), it's just that it would clear up your entire wall. Plus, some people want to clear theirs, so it would be great for doing that. I would be OK with deleting one by one, super tedious, if you didn't get scrolled up automatically and get that stupid, annoying pop up.. I mean like what's the point? We know that we deleted a comment, people!

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 10 June 2017 at 11:03 PM

@immortalraven

Personally I love wall comments, but I can definitely see why others might not. +1 Support from me.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 12 June 2017 at 4:12 PM

@leafmelody
Yup

@iris1929578
Yhe popup is what gets me too. Of it was like on version 2 i wouldnt have such a problem. Of it went back to that then cool. I would still prefer a mass delete to that though but at least it wouldnt take as long if it went back to the old way

@raccoon
I prefer PMs. Nice little wall comments like happy biryhday I kinda like bit for tradinh Od prefer pms and id disable the wall even thoigh i lile those comments... o just write too much and a hassle to do it by wall. I gey people like em and they dony jave to disable. But o can deal wothout the disable part if we get mass delete. While id still want it o can deal if it doesnt take forever to delete o3o

Sorry for misspellings. On pho e and hard to type. And dont feel loke going amd foxing stuff >.<