Creature Suggestion: The Mistear (Water themed)

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Do you like the Mistear? Should I improve? If so, what should I improve on? Thanks for voting!

Deleted • 16 July 2017 at 6:11 AM

Hello! This is my first ever creature suggestion, the Mistear, and I really hope this will be made into an actual creature! >< I spent an hour designing it, so I hope you enjoy! Below is the link to the picture of my Mistear, and also the archive entry I've written. Please tell me what you think of my Mistear's archive entry and picture, and how I can improve! Also, please help spread the word about the Mistear, I really want it to be made into an actual creature. Feel free to ping people, and a link to this topic on your profile would be REALLY helpful. Thanks! #creaturesuggestion
Some pings:
@rbubblegum
@hxhx2006
@cherrycheshire
@6287bp
@ajzephyros
@connieharris
@kittenwolfie

Link to creature:
http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/abubblegum/media/bWVkaWFJZDoxNjQ3MzUzOTg=/?ref=1

Availability: Available
Dates: 1 January - 31 January
Obtained from: Cash Shop Park
Habitat: Fairy World
Height: 0.5 m
Weight: 0.7 kg

About the Mistear egg:
Mistears are an almost extinct species of bear that reside in the Fairy World of Ark. They are able to draw upon the water vapor in the air, creating mist-like strands of water that are able to wrap around their miniature bodies and lift them up into the air. Mistears are timid creatures who are nervous in other creatures’ company. They are attracted to sunlight, and one can usually find Mistear eggs floating high above in the skies of the Fairy World. The sunlight reflects off Mistears’ misty wisps of water, creating the image of rainbow like strands curling around the Mistear. Mistears do not eat much. The one thing a Mistear needs the most is water, which they can find in the air. Other than that, a Mistear only eats berries from berry bushes.

About the Mistear creature:
Being a species of bear, a Mistear vaguely resembles a teddy bear and is the only mammal to be born in an egg. A Mistear egg is shaped like a teardrop, transparent, and is tinted light blue, allowing a person to look through the fragile shell of the egg and see the silhouette of the Mistear baby inside. The egg is completely filled with mist and water vapor, the necessary minerals needed for the Mistear to grow up healthily. However, too much mist can suffocate a Mistear. For that reason, there is a teardrop shaped opening at the bottom of the egg that allows excess mist to leak out. The egg hatches after three months of being laid, and a Mistear baby is born. As soon as the mother Mistear sees that the baby has hatched successfully, the Mistear’s parents leave the Mistear, leaving it to fend for its own, but always close by should the baby need help. A Mistear baby is pale blue, with a furry body and dark blue ears. It is not fully developed yet and is lacking the teardrop on its stomach adults have that allows it to manipulate the water vapor in the air. Therefore, the mist that was in the Mistear’s egg stays with the baby until its teardrop has formed. The mist cradles the Mistear, bringing it high up into the sky, where no birds can fly, so the baby remains safe from all predators. After about four months, the Mistear grows into a child. By that time, its teardrop will have formed on its stomach, and the mist from the egg will have left it. It is time for the Mistear to start collecting mist itself. The teardrop is typically a translucent light blue. It assists the child in drawing the water vapor together, but since a child does not have enough energy to create a mist cradle, it can only pull up a few wisps of mist to encircle its body. Therefore, the Mistear child cannot float in the air but remains on the ground. In about six months’ time, the Mistear would have matured into an adult. It is finally able to create mist cradles that lift it off the ground, and should any predators see it, it is able to draw up a dense fog while escaping. Floating high up in the air, it is out of danger. That is, until airplanes came along, which can outfly any Mistear! Mistears are great pets for people who live in skyscrapers, otherwise, if your abode is too close to the ground, a Mistear will not like it much.

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 16 July 2017 at 6:32 AM

@abubblegum
Super cute! Maybe you should add a tad bit more detail to the last two stages. (Im not trying to be rude, I swear!!) I love the egg and first stage. The sideways view is so cute!

Deleted • 16 July 2017 at 6:55 AM

I love this! I would definitely want to have one of these cute creatures in my cove!
@iris1929578
@kitty999
@veritas123

Deleted • 16 July 2017 at 6:57 AM

@teddy267 and @hxhx2006 Thanks! Once I have more suggestions and time I'll redraw the Mistear! >< ( it took a long time )

Female
893 posts

murfijs • 16 July 2017 at 6:59 AM

@abubblegum wow i love it .

Female
432 posts

spiritkeeper5 • 16 July 2017 at 7:05 AM

@abubblegum
Very nice creature. Lovely name and beautiful idea on the art.

Have you thought and any way to add more detail to the mistear, with more detail, more emotion, more adorableness ❤️ maybe...

Deleted • 16 July 2017 at 8:55 AM

@abubblegum
thats very cute, but you could add more detail!

349 posts

monsterprincess33 • 16 July 2017 at 10:51 AM

hmmm... sorry but that link dosent take me to any picture of your creature... not sure why it isnt working for me..

Female
219 posts

mythlight • 16 July 2017 at 12:22 PM

😱 It's adorable! I would definitely get one!
@empresscleverbuddyaj
@nightassassin88

1,853 posts

purgatory • 16 July 2017 at 2:10 PM

@abubblegum

Please ping me instead of posting on my wall next time, thanks!

As for the Mistear, I quite like it, but I think you need to add a tad bit more detail to the art x) other than that, I love it!

Female
22 posts

empresscleverbuddyaj • 16 July 2017 at 2:15 PM

Heh?

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 16 July 2017 at 5:52 PM

I like it.

@abubblegum

Deleted • 16 July 2017 at 7:35 PM

@abubblegum
I love the name and the description! 😃
Just a vague question, but could you explain why other than mist, they only eat berries? Is it because it's a bear? Or to add to colorfulness???? That last one though. 😋

Other than that, I think this would be a great creature!

Deleted • 16 July 2017 at 8:40 PM

@abubblegum

I would love to have this creature, but like mentioned above, just add a tad bit more detail. Otherwise, LOVE IT!

Female
48 posts

cherrycheshire • 16 July 2017 at 9:00 PM

❤️ it! I hope the eggcave people make this creature!!

Female
71 posts

connieharris • 17 July 2017 at 10:52 AM

Sounds soon cute!!!! I like it :-)

Female
7 posts

stormheart • 18 July 2017 at 9:31 AM

I love the Mistear! Wonderful design, love the colours and it's backstory, yep I would love one of these! Great name! Please inform me if they do make this, I'd love to be on the lookout for one! So cute!

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 18 July 2017 at 11:00 AM

@abubblegum ITS ADORABLE!!!! I just have one question: is the rainbow aura around the bear solid or translucent if applied to a travel?

Deleted • 1 September 2017 at 4:17 AM

@jello @hxhx2006

Hey guys it’s @chocolixe, I changed my account name and deleted my old one, @abubblegum, @chocolixe is the new account for @abubblegum! The mistear is still alive though… Please help it get suggested! Thank you so much! 😊

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 12 September 2017 at 12:43 AM

@chocolixe THE MISTEAR WAS CHOSEN

THE LEAK IS ON FB

I FINALLY FOUND THIS FORUM TOPIC