Are these comic covers good?

in Chit-Chat

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 22 July 2017 at 4:16 PM

Do you think this cover for the whole story it good?

Whole Story Cover: http://m.imgur.com/Ydxu0RM

Do you think the Chapter 1 cover is good?

Chapter 1 Cover: http://m.imgur.com/ZhnLAZw

Do you think the Chapter 2 cover is good?

Chapter 2 Cover: http://m.imgur.com/exewuc5

Pings: Very sorry, just need you opinion and suggestions.

@ricefishie
@ammolite
@prairie
@zx-metalmonster
@dragonn

1,853 posts

purgatory • 22 July 2017 at 4:27 PM

@popcornflakes

Hallo c: those covers are very lovely, but maybe add some color? :'D or if it's supposed to be un-colored then leave it be. ^^

Maybe make the title a bit bigger and make it a bit more noticeable? I kinda can't see it at first glance. x)

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 22 July 2017 at 4:34 PM

@popcornflakes

I'm assuming you're going to color them later. 😉

Anyhows, I like the covers for the chapters! 😃 It hints at what's going to come, and makes me want to know what happens. ^^ All they need is some coloring, a little shading, and you're good to go! 😊

The whole story cover, though, is a little different. Though the darkened half of her face and different colored pupils are little interesting, the cover as a whole is a bit, uh, uninteresting. I think zooming in on the most important part of the picture (her eyes? face?) would help, and and you could even add more detail. 😊
If you'd rather keep the whole thing, then I think adding color would be your best bet. Her face seems to be the focus point, so adding the most detail there would be good.

The title for the whole story cover is a bit small and unnoticeable, so I recommend making it bolder, maybe putting it in an interesting place on the page?

P.S. You don't have to listen to me. 😉 But I thought I would drop in and say a little something~

827 posts

nine • 22 July 2017 at 4:36 PM

@popcornflakes
In terms of concept, I think that these covers are quite good. The cover for the whole story reveals the small amount of information required, the first chapter cover is as dramatic and chilling as its title, and the second chapter seems to somewhat give you the right idea (though I think you might want to zoom out if you want it to indicate an ongoing journey or something). 😊 Other than that, there are a few mistakes in proportions, but those don't really need to be fixed to create a good cover.

Anyways, thanks for pinging, happy to help!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 22 July 2017 at 4:52 PM

@popcornflakes

Chapter 1 and chapter 2 look pretty cool!
I like the poses in them. They show emotions.

As far as for the comic cover I would suggest adding a bit more of the other characters or main characters that you will see throughout the series.

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 22 July 2017 at 4:57 PM

@ammolite
Hey! Thanks for the advice!

@degong
Well... I suppose the cover is really uninteresting... ☚ī¸ Thanks for your comment. 😊

@ricefishie
Thanks! I was thinking of showing some parts of the comic. But some of the comments are pretty negative.

@prairie
Thank you!!! ❤ī¸

Male
284 posts

zx-metalmonster • 22 July 2017 at 8:26 PM

@popcornflakes

I really like the chapter 1 and 2 covers. The concept for both is intriguing and the composition looks good. Though I do think it would be a good idea to make the titles bolder or bigger, especially on the second one.

For the whole story cover, I think it would be better if more emotion and personality were conveyed on the character's face, though I wouldn't say it's bad as it is.
It momentarily reminded me of a few covers from a mangaka who writes horror (I would gladly add a link and show you what I mean but even though the covers are perfectly normal images some of the artists other works are 18+ and I wouldn't like to get into trouble by accidentally linking to a site with those).

If you don't mind me commenting on something else. It's my personal opinion (and I've noticed it mentioned by a few other people online) that it's a good idea to draw on blank white paper when doing a project or drawing something important in general. Papers with lines from notebooks are fine for sketches or when drawing out of boredom but unless it's somehow part of the theme of your drawing, it's better to avoid it for serious works.

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 25 July 2017 at 12:31 PM

@ammolite @zx-metalmonster @prairie @degong @ricefishie
Chapter 3 and 4 covers are done! Just need to send it to this forum. Do you guys want a character introduction? I'd be happy to make one.