December or November suggestion (Zelkan) Jello and poptarts

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 13 September 2017 at 1:47 AM

https://hiddenlake.deviantart.com/art/Zelkan-Winter-suggestion-eggcave-702310107

First of all I would like to thank Jello for their amazing work with creating a suggestion. 😸 An amazing partner to work with.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Egg description:

The Zelkan egg, upon first glance, seems rather cold, with shard-like fur and a haze of slight snow. Yet, surprisingly, it is warm to the touch, which allows it to almost bend the air around it. With the effect of a Texu egg, it masks itself with ease in many locations might the Zelkan egg be. It is commonly found (if you happen to find it) in the icy forests bordering the Coldworld. When a Zelkan egg is about to hatch, the haze surrounding the egg will vibrate, causing the effect that happens when you look through smoke.

More about the Zelkan:

A young Zelkan will most likely be found playing with other Zelkan or other creatures. They are very friendly, and have been sighted on numerous occasions helping out a creature in the snow, giving them warmth, or licki- cleaning another creature. As they mature, they focus more on raising their young and defending their tribe. They are often preyed upon by Kirin under circumstances, and have therefore established an effective tribal system to protect the young.

If you've ever watched Zelkan tribes fight, it is quite chilling...

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 13 September 2017 at 9:25 AM

@poptarts You're welcome! I just love writing, it feels so good.

Random pings!
@nine
@rowyn
@gerf
@wigglytuff
@prairie

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 13 September 2017 at 10:56 AM

@Poptarts,

I really love the design on the Zelken. 😃 ❤️ Also love the antlers. x3 😸

@Jello,
I like the description alot! 😃
Love how you also related the egg to Texu. 😊 Also love the pun at the end: "If you've ever watched Zelkan tribes fight, it is quite chilling". XD

827 posts

nine • 13 September 2017 at 4:02 PM

@poptarts
Looks like a bit of a Veema + Bliz fusion, to be honest. Still, I really like the pose of the child stage along with the creature's long ears.

@jello
The description is wonderful, yet again. It's fun to read, and sounds a bit like a nature documentary except with a few jokes here and there.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 13 September 2017 at 6:13 PM

@nine @prairie Thank you for the great feedback!

Pings!
@hxhx2006
@immortalraven
@neko-sama

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 13 September 2017 at 6:43 PM

@poptarts @jello
Really cool 😊
Like the description too x3