10 Site Ideas / Major Fixes we need in 2018

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,147 posts

valorieviolet • 2 January 2018 at 1:22 AM

@tikimaki

I think I'm confused by #6 as well. I know in Version 2 we wouldn't get our EC back until the auction was over, which was super annoying, but we do now in Version 3... When we get outbid, we get a notification that says "---- has outbid you on Auction #233391. Your escrow of 1,004 EC has been returned to you." So it's not held in an escrow... unless I'm just reading what you wrote wrong, then I apologize lol.

But I do agree with your other points, especially #1, #3, and #8 😊

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 2 January 2018 at 2:00 AM

@valorie100
Oh apologies! You are right. I didn't know it had changed xD
Thanks for letting me know, updated it 😊

Glad you agree with the other points. Hope these suggestions are implemented 😊

Female
140 posts

gryffindor16 • 2 January 2018 at 2:32 AM

@tikimaki
I strongly agree with 3! πŸ˜ƒ
It’s so annoying when u have to scroll through all the pages to looks for your exact entry ☹️

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 2 January 2018 at 2:39 AM

@gryffindor16
Hahaha yeah! Really hoping these suggestions get implemented 😊

-----
PINGS:
@raccoon
@lazz_razz
@megamisama90
@emo

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 2 January 2018 at 2:44 AM

@tikimaki

Yes yes YES

7, 8, 9, and 12 are definitely needed.

Agender
2 posts

lazz_razz • 2 January 2018 at 3:10 AM

@tikimaki

Agreed, especially 9 and 12. But, to eggcave's credit, this is the one of most well-functioning websites I've ever used (or maybe I'm just jaded bc I've been on Tumblr since 2012 and let me tell you, the incompetence is real there)

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 2 January 2018 at 3:20 AM

@raccoon
So glad you agree! Really hope these suggestions become a reality! 😊

@lazz_razz
Oh most definitely! Egg Cave functions very well and it's well maintained. If these suggestions were implemented it would just be making a great site greater πŸ˜‹ 😊
Thanks for your support 😊

Female
260 posts

sybil_howlett • 2 January 2018 at 4:27 AM

@tikimaki amazing, I love especially number 4, 7, 9 and 10, very helpful πŸ˜ƒ

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 2 January 2018 at 4:32 AM

@sybil_howlett
Thank you very much your support 😊
Really hope these suggestions are implemented

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 2 January 2018 at 5:11 AM

2. I agree. (And it would be nice if there was like a number showing how many of that creature there is. I know it says it's endangered or retired but I would like to know how many of them are out there. Just me?...)

3. Yes! Alphabetical order.

4. It's so inconvenient to go through all the pages in the strongroom just to see

what I have. It would be so much easier if there was a filter or something.

8. I would like that. It takes time to find what I were looking for.

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 2 January 2018 at 5:56 AM

@megamisama90
Thank you for your support 😊
Really hope the suggestions become a reality on Egg Cave 😊
Oh I really like your suggestion for number 2. Added it ❀️

Cis Woman
42 posts

mieumyau • 2 January 2018 at 8:39 AM

@tikimaki
I agree with #3, however, I'd personally think sorting by accuracy would be better than by alphabetical since people like to put symbols/numbers to modify a name that's already been taken (these would appear before the ones that actually start with a letter if the symbol/number is put before the "actual name").
I know #6 was updated, but there's still something bugging me about the auctions: the timer. I think this will be one unpopular opinion, oh well... The exact timer (emphasis on exact) causes chaos when an auction is getting to its end, people wait until the last second to bid and take the creature/item. Yes, it's a strategy, but what about those who don't have a fast internet connection? And what about those who bid before, think they're granted to win and on the last second they just get a notification someone outbid them? I admit that I've already used this "strategy" before, but how else are we supposed to win? I think adding a less accurate (like "2 hours - 4 hours until the auction ends" and/or " > 10 minutes until the auction ends") timer would make things fairer and the mystery would be fun.
#9 - the "pin comment" function seems very fun (to keep comments that we enjoy) and useful (for reminders)!
#12... just #12, enough said.
(Sorry for the long post. TL;DR: @mieumyau is saying some stuff about searching and bidding on stuff)

Female
140 posts

gryffindor16 • 2 January 2018 at 9:50 AM

@kissed I like the idea of an app πŸ˜ƒ that would be very convenient

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 2 January 2018 at 3:57 PM

@mieumyau
Mmm yes agreed.
Oh that's pretty interesting. Yeah I think if it was a little less accurate it would encourage people to bid normally instead of at the last second.
Thank you for your support 😊 Really hope these suggestions are implemented 😊

_____
PINGS:
@jello
@jlya
@sony
@silverserpent

Female
796 posts

dragon_collector • 2 January 2018 at 5:20 PM

@tikimaki
dude i 100% agree with all these problems that you have brought up. they've been bugging me for a long time, but i thought it was just me lol xDπŸ˜ƒ

especially the cave one; like it also sucks how they have this scroll thing and every time i steal an egg, i have to scroll back up. o_o

i support this cause xD hope this doesnt bother you @ian

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 2 January 2018 at 5:22 PM

@dragon_collector
Hahaha yeah! I'm glad I'm not the only user who's experiences these issues 😊
Agreed. If the multiple collect feature isn't added then at least let us be able to click an egg quickly instead of being redirected to another page to name the creature xD

Really hope these suggestions get implemented 😊 Thanks for all your support ❀️

Deleted • 2 January 2018 at 5:29 PM

@tikimaki I strongly agree witth allof theese especially #9, #3 , and #12. I only disagree #7. Just going through all 10 individually kills time. It pains me when I have nothing else to do and I'm so bored, I can't think of plans. Collecting all 10 just kills time and makes me think of plans to do later on in the day. Otherwise, great suggestions!

152 posts

chameleon • 2 January 2018 at 6:16 PM

@tikimaki

Thank you for the ping 😊

Your suggestions for cove lists would be incredibly helpful, as the current method is rather tedious if you’re not selecting one of the drop-down list options for β€œAll Mortals/Immortals” or β€œAll __(blank)__ Species”.
Adding in some of the archive optiona when viewing your creatures would definitely be helpful for users with incredibly large coves (A-Z by species name is very useful, but the update would be even more useful since there’s 600+ species now).

Overall I’m on board with pretty much everything you listed (others already pointed out that auctions do return the EC so no biggie). I’m not too concerned about how long the hydra has been in the cash shop, but I agree that perhaps it should not be listed under the β€œlimited time only!” section. I can’t remember what the balrog and rhine were listed under in the cash shop, but maybe doing the same/something similar for creatures that are extended indefinitely in the cash shop to eliminate any confusion/angst.

Additionally, I don’t mind having to move items between the inventory and strongroom either, but I do wish that the strongroom could be organized alphabetically (I would be super grateful, as it would make listing my travels for sale waaaaay easier, haha). I can see the need for a larger inventory for users that trade a lot of items at once, though.

Some final thoughts:
-Definitely would like the old search back!
-Site Blog search would be helpful to users both old and new trying to learn more about Eggcave’s history, as well as those trying to find old posts in general (especially since newer archive blurbs do not designate the specific event/plot some creatures were available for).

EDIT//
Missed the part about collecting all 10 eggs at once, personally I like the keep choosing between the different spots individually; keeps it interesting.

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 2 January 2018 at 10:13 PM

@wolfspike23
So glad to you agree with most of them 😊
Yeah I admit, sometimes it nice to have something to do and collect them individually. That's why I think the best option is the dropdown menu where you can select between 1-10 creatures to collect in one go. The default being 1. So if you do need to kill time, you still have the option πŸ˜‹
But yeah, hopefully some (if not all) of the suggestions become a reality. Thank you for your support ❀️

@chameleon
Mmm yeah great comments. Glad you agree with most of them ❀️
Finally the Hyrdra is retired! Haha πŸ˜‹ But yeah I looked into it when I made the separate forum complaining about the hyrda and the balrog wasn't captioned with "limited time only" xD
But I agree, maybe even having a set of permanent CC's would be cool, kinda like the SAR.

Definitely agree, sometimes collecting each creature can be cool. That's why I think the best option is the dropdown menu where you can select between 1-10 creatures to collect in one go. The default being 1. So if you do need to kill time, you still have the option πŸ˜‹
But yeah, hopefully some (if not all) of the suggestions become a reality. Thank you for your support ❀️

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 3 January 2018 at 7:33 AM

@tikimaki
Okay the two main things that /really/ get me, that you mentioned were:
- The Search issue: I honestly don't know why results are not in alphabetical order and kinda randomised??????

- The wall comments thing: Its such a long and arduous process to delete all comments, especially when you get a refresh and an annoying popup saying you've deleted one comment.

Really a good idea to bring these suggestions to a general discussion, because a lot of these issues are quite trivial and can be quite easily addressed I think (at least from a non developer's perspective haha)

Female
140 posts

gryffindor16 • 3 January 2018 at 9:18 AM

@tikimaki
I just had a small idea that I though I'd mention πŸ˜‹
I think it would be better if we could simply drag images into the place we want it instead of uploading it on a image viewer and using a link. It's much easier to do this in my opinion than to make an account and so on and we can directly view it. Just a thought πŸ˜‹

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 3 January 2018 at 7:57 PM

@stellalunagirl
Totally agree 😊 I think just a few of these minor improvements would make Egg Cave even more user friendly 😊 Really hope these suggestions become a reality 😊 Thank you for you support

@gryffindor16
Oh yeah that would be really useful for creature suggestions 😊 And then everything would be local to Egg Cave and all in one place 😊

Female
2,733 posts

jlya • 3 January 2018 at 10:29 PM

@tikimaki I love all those ideas, especially #2 and #3. I hate that you have to have the name of each species correctly spelled! Having a "auto-correct" so to speak, would be really helpful in such cases. And I am also constantly needing to search for an egg with just the beginning letter or two, but you can only search if it's three letters or more. I agree this is stupid. Having the ability to search with as many letters as you want would be so much easier! Happy New Year!

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 4 January 2018 at 6:54 PM

@jlya
Hahaha yes, with all the breaks I've taken from Egg Cave and all the new creatures being released, I lose track of how to spell half the creatures on this site haha
Would love to see these suggestions become a reality. Thank you for your support and Happy New Year ❀️

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 11 January 2018 at 11:20 PM

@tikimaki

all of this is so freaking necessary honestly....

@Ian !

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 12 January 2018 at 1:00 AM

@momokie
Hahah thank you for your support! 😊
I really hope they are implemented ❀️

Female
85 posts

kissed • 18 January 2018 at 6:46 AM

@tikimaki
And also, we need to stop getting "Cave" notifications... Its really getting on my nerves.

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 18 January 2018 at 8:09 PM

@kissed
Hahaha yeah! A way to turn them off cause they come pretty frequently xD

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 9 February 2018 at 7:36 AM

@tikimaki I agree w/u on #4. I think it would be much easier if in the "strong room" it would have a drop-down menu like the shop tab does for organization. This would be much easier to find what ur looking through instead of going through page after page to find that 1 item u forgot the name of. lol 😊