#StopCyberBullying / #ShareTheLove

in Chit-Chat

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 12 January 2018 at 6:15 PM

So recently I have experienced this on here. Someone told me to go die and that I should have committed suicide. Now, I have mental issues and if I wasn't on my current meds then I probably would have done it. I wanted to start something positive for the new year because I am sure others have experienced this either here or on other sites. This has not been the first time that I have experienced rudeness but nothing to that extent. This happened in December I think. I forgot. But only a month before they messaged me this I was not on the current meds that really have helped so this could have turned bad if it happened just a month before it did.

My new meds have helped me understand that what others say doesn't matter. Don't give a crap what they say. They are a faceless person that doesn't matter in the end. If they continue to act like this take the satisfaction that they will probably not succeed in life if they keep it up especially if they do this kind of stuff on social media like facebook. That stuff never really goes away. When the try and find a future job some employers look at this kind of stuff and if they've done this on those places they very well probably wouldn't get the job.

Also note they might have a crappy life at home. Does not excuse them of what they have done at all but it should be known they might just do it to feel like they have a sort of power. Just don't give them that power over you. Most the time they will leave if they can't get a rise out of you. Report it and block them on all your accounts.

Some might say what is cyber bullying?
Well Cyberbullying is when someone is tormented, threatened, harassed, embarrassed or targeted by another person using:
- Social Media, such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter
- Text Messages
- Email
- etc...

Some tips on stopping cyberbullying:
- Don't respond This is usually exactly what the bully wants as I have kinda said above. Don't empower the bully.
- Screen pic that crap and keep it as evidence This especially helps most if it's like facebook and you have a face to the person. This can help in other places too in case they end up deleting it to try to avoid getting in trouble. I regret not screen picing a lot that I have come across ;-;
- Don't retaliate This just keeps the cycle of bullying going. This can turn you into the bully. And to certain extents you could be the one in trouble and not them.
- Talk to a friend or an adult. Actually talking to someone can really help. I have done this and really it helps 99% of the time. Don't carry the burden alone and hold it in. It'll just build up and eventually explode.
- Block them
- Don't be a bystander Report it if you see it and especially don't join in on that kinda thing.

People need to realize stuff that they say can effect people quite negatively. There have been people that have committed suicide because of cyber bullying. Please try to remember this if you have bullied. Think how you would feel. Think if someone you loved took their life because of being bullied. Just think before you send something. Do you really want someone's death on your shoulders?

----

I think it'd be nice that on here we share at least one something good everyday. You can find something online about something good that happened or if something awesome happened for you then you could share that. Heck cute pictures of animals is good too. Seeing cute little animals helps me lol. I cuddle with my cat or dog when I feel down.

I also think it'd be nice to just be here for each other and get to know others. Gain more friendships and all that.

I may start giveaways for this in the future. I don't know yet.

----

I guess this is kind of like a club. If you want to 'join' I'll put ya up here
@animalliterature
@thedarkarcher
@totallynotjoey
@fluffy
@skyfall4 - Notify
@wigglytuff

If you want to be notified when something good it shared I can notify ya x3

Female
144 posts

immortalravens_storage • 12 January 2018 at 6:17 PM

This is where I'll put the something goods:

1/12/18
- Patsy Smith found Peg the duck after what looked like a turtle had bitten off his foot. It was feared he wouldn't walk again.
That’s when three 8th graders used a 3D printer at their school’s environmental and spatial technology lab to start making a replacement foot for the duck. It took 30 different attempts but finally it was successful.
Peg now walks like a normal duck and is living happily with Patsy.

1/13/18
Yesterday I saw the kitten again! That time it was in the building! Me and my siblings were trying to lead it out as our parents didn't want it inside. It hid behind something but we managed to lure it out with some food. It ran outside though, into the junkyard next door. But then today, (I'm in Australia so our days are different) we saw it again! We decided to make a little 'home' for the kitten and possibly her mum. We just got a cardboard box and taped three of the flaps down so that there was a small opening and then we taped a clean garbage bag on top to waterproof it
~ totallynotjoey

1/14/18
I finished my book yesterday. With a dramatic ending. Now all I have to do is finish the other four in the arc xD

I made up with a friend yesterday. Hooray for me.

I also finally rearranged my old stuffed animals. By name.
~ animalliterature

---
https://www.google.com/search?q=baby+fox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=bYkpQbKp-agOyM:
~ wigglytuff

---
Well for mine I finally got some of my new nail polish stuff. I got into doing nail art kinda stuff. I got some cool nail powders that look amazing. They're a chrome holo type in a variety of colors. Kinda thinking about doing that for a job since I like doing it and I'm good at it x3

Also might be moving into a different place. The place we're renting now is kinda crappy and the landlady is kinda a slumlord. The new place cost the same as the place we're in now and has a LOT more space. And has three barn type shed things that we can store some stuff instead of living in clutter so I'm real excited on that. The people who are renting that one out said they might let us build a fence so we can keep my horse there so we'll save money instead of paying for her to be at someone else's place. x3

1/18/18
A boy named Bo has down syndrome. He only knew 12 words but because of his sister he has learned more words through songs. They first found out how to teach him new words when his sister played "You are my sunshine" on her guitar and they sand it together.

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 12 January 2018 at 6:50 PM

@immortalraven I have some cyber-bullying stories that are true, I just feel like sharing them because, well, why not?

I was scrolling through a chat I had with two of my online friends, and I found that one of them had played a trick on the other, saying that she wasn't going to be her friend because of some stupid thing she did. I thought it was pretty cruel, because it was obvious the other girl was crying.

This is the same person as before. Apparently she had had brain cancer, and just got back from the hospital. I was a little slow to believe it, but went along with it. After a while, once I had said that it seemed her personality really changed, she started screaming at me in a chat, saying that I should commit suicide because I was cruel and unforgiving, and that I was a horrible friend and it was a mistake I was born in the first place. Around that time I was depressed, and had already considered suicide, so it made me crumble even more.

There was this guy bothering me and my friend in a game we were playing, so I told him politely to leave. He just stood there in the game, not even bothering to move. I asked again, and he still didn't budge. My friend has serious anger issues, so she began shouting at the person to move. I thought it was a little harsh, and tried to calm her down, but once she was on a roll, there was no stopping her. The guy never leaved and threatened that he was a youtuber recording this and was going to post it with a title called "Two five-year-olds throw tantrums." I wasn't very intimidated by it, but my friend seemed worried.

When I was around four, I didn't know not to tell my age to other people online. So when some girl asked, I told her I was four. She responded, "Cool! Follow me." and I followed her for a bit, letting her lead me to a vehicle she had in the game. I followed her inside it and we drove around for a bit, until she told me to get out near a cliff. I was a little wary, but didn't mind and followed her out. Soon her game character began hitting me and I fell off the cliff. Now, I had really important things by then, like rare and unobtainable items, so I was really upset. It wasn't very serious, but I was still pretty sad.

Might have more to tell later. Anyways, if this is a club, can I join?

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 12 January 2018 at 6:55 PM

@immortalraven I think this is a great idea as many people have problems and are suicidal, I myself, am not suicidal but I have some close people that are ;-;

Yesterday I was chillin in the car, with the doors open, when I saw movement behind a small shrub. I glanced over but I couldn't see anything and I went back to what I was doing. I saw movement again, and I thought I saw legs - cat legs. I got out of the car and crept towards the shrub. I expected a cat but what I saw was actually a super tiny kitten. It was grey and when it saw me it just looked at me. I thought it was an orphan but I wasn't too sure. It was sitting in a way that it looked like it was pooping, I'm not kitten you (xD), and then when I tried to get closer it started moving off. It went into next door's property so I left it. I was in an industrial place though, so next door wasn't a house, it was more like a junkyard, but not really, and there were also some stationary trucks in there too. Later on, I saw a more adult-like ginger cat going into the junkyard and I assumed that it was the kitten's mother or father. I accidently scared it the other way though ;-;

Thank you for doing this, it really only needs a nice compliment or something nice to keep one happy for a day, so why don't we do it everyday?

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 12 January 2018 at 7:10 PM

Well people already like this topic lol.

Here's my good thing:

So I was sitting in class, being a bored little bean, and looked up from the essay I was working on. The guy sitting two seats away from me was rubbing people with something. I leaned back in my chair and craned my neck to see what was going on, and he was saying, "You need to clean yourselves. Lucky for you, I have a soap bar, so I'm superior. This is going to cost you thirty bucks, by the way." the girls beside him giggled, then began ignoring him, twitching their arms when he touched them to indicate for him to back off. He finally caught my eye and threw the "soap bar" at me. I fell out of my seat. Luckily the teacher was printing something off at the moment. I scrambled back into my seat with the "soap bar" in my hands. It was a pack of tissues. I threw it back at the person who had originally had it and we both scrambled to look as if nothing had happened while the teacher walked back into the room.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 13 January 2018 at 2:28 PM

@animalliterature
Sharing stories is totally fine especially if ya need to just get em out.
I am sorry you had to go through all that. Some of those were pretty messed up :c

But it's great ya have good things too to look back on c:

@totallynotjoey
I'm glad people think it's a good idea. I wasn't really sure how it would end up or be received lol

I'm sure the kitten will be ok. If that was the parent it will most likely come back later c:

But yes just having that feels nice and I think it really should be an everyday kinda thing x3

---
Sorry for the late reply. I was making dinner and then had to give my dog a bath then fell asleep x'D

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 13 January 2018 at 6:42 PM

@immortalraven Lol it's fine 😊

But guess what!!
Yesterday I saw the kitten again! That time it was in the building! Me and my siblings were trying to lead it out as our parents didn't want it inside. It hid behind something but we managed to lure it out with some food. It ran outside though, into the junkyard next door. But then today, (I'm in Australia so our days are different) we saw it again! We decided to make a little 'home' for the kitten and possibly her mum. We just got a cardboard box and taped three of the flaps down so that there was a small opening and then we taped a clean garbage bag on top to waterproof it πŸ˜ƒ

Female
534 posts

vespira • 14 January 2018 at 7:10 AM

I can't tolerate any form of bullying, be it physical, verbal, cyber, or whatever new methods people are coming up with these days.

I was heavily bullied in my primary to high school days to the point that I developed severe self-esteem issues, and mental, emotional, and social problems. I'm in uni now, and while my situation has gotten significantly better, there are still those who try to bring me down. It bothers me more than I'd like to admit and I'm often stuck with lots of doubts and fears about what I should/shouldn't do out of worry of what they'll say or think about me.

However, on the topic of cyberbullying, I'd just like to share my own personal experience with it.

When I was in my senior year of high school, I found out through an acquaintance of mine that my classmates had been talking trash about me behind my back through Twitter. I had been working in a group project with these people and they didn't like me very much and shot down a lot of my ideas and tried to make me do a lot of physical labor. They had been putting up polls about whether to make me cry or not, how to do it, etc.

What bothered me was how my classmates were so open about it, making the poll public and commenting just how "funny" it would be to actually push through with the plan. I don't have a Twitter account, so I think they felt "safe" that I would never hear anything about it. I'm pretty sure they felt that no one who saw the poll would try to help me or tell me.

Anyway, to cut the story short, I had reported them to the teachers and the guidance counselor, but my school took no action whatsoever. My family is very old-fashioned and doesn't believe in the idea that someone could be bullied online. I had to take the situation into my own hands, and believe me when I say that I was so close to just falling apart after all the years of bullying I had to go though - this was just the cherry on top.

I don't know what made me keep going. I hated every day, every moment I had to be in school, faced with these people. But I kept pushing forward, somehow.

I'm sharing this to any who may read it as a message that while things can turn bad, that situations can stink, there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel. It may be hard to push through, to find a reason to keep going, but in the end, it will all be worth it. Somehow just making it through is already a huge step forward towards showing these people just how strong and resilient you can be.

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 14 January 2018 at 7:35 AM

@immortalraven if this is ends up to be a club i would love to join

its sad they are people out their that wish to hurt others like this. eggcave is overall a nice community but it doesn't mean that everyone is. i have had experiences of both good and bad here so i know how it feels to be on both ends. for people going through this please stay strong and talk to others about this.

positive thingy haha πŸ˜‹
crw tomorrow whos looking forward to it? be nice to see the amazing art for the week

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 14 January 2018 at 8:49 AM

Alright, well, since I didn't post anything yesterday, I'm gonna post it now.

I finished my book yesterday. With a dramatic ending. Now all I have to do is finish the other four in the arc xD

I made up with a friend yesterday. Hooray for me.

I also finally rearranged my old stuffed animals. By name. {I have OCD. Well, basically, I haven't been diagnosed of OCD, but it's not hard to why I would have OCD.}

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 14 January 2018 at 11:02 AM

@immortalraven here's a cute pic:

https://www.google.com/search?q=baby+fox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=bYkpQbKp-agOyM:

You could join #RPU, it's ran by @ufo and @quetzalcoatl. It's s place for happiness πŸ˜ƒ

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 14 January 2018 at 1:56 PM

@totallynotjoey
That's awesome 😊

@charm556
Thanks for sharing that. I hope it helps others and I am glad you made it through it. I find it messed up that schools don't do much about it but I have been hearing more about schools trying to get more involved in it so hopefully it changes to where they really do something about it.

@thedarkarcher
I'll put ya up on the 1st post. It's kinda a club thing I guess already. I don't know. Just something people can be a part of and get good vibes. Not sure I'll be able to keep up much cause school is starting back up for me soon o3o But I shall try lol

I'm excited for it x3 I wish it was last week since I start school Wednesday this week though but oh well. Gonna cost me a lot of EC also for cove expansions /dies/ So I hope I get em myself instead of having to buy em from others cause cove spaces cost so much. I need a CC unlimited cove space thing lol x'D

@animalliterature
That's awesome c:
What's the book about if I may know? x3

And always good to make up with people and such c:

I haven't been diagnosed either but I think a lot of people have OCD and aren't diagnosed and such and sometimes it's just minor.

@wigglytuff
They're so adorable ❀️ And I don't think I've ever actually looked up baby foxes before. Looked up adults and wolf pups and such but I can't remember ever actually looking up baby foxes x'D

Thanks for letting me know c:

---~~~---
I am gonna kinda turn this into a club. Not a supper official one but anyone that wants to be listed on the 1st post let me know. And if you want to be notified if I or anyone else shares something good for the day I'll ping ya if ya want x3

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 14 January 2018 at 2:53 PM

@immortalraven ill join!πŸ˜ƒ i put the hashtag in my status ^^

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 14 January 2018 at 5:12 PM

@immortalraven me too i was on holiday last week too πŸ˜‹. thanks for adding me. im sure its something which doesnt mean you have to do all the work to make this amazing. if you need any help with the group please let me know anytime.

i honestly dont see the point of cove expansions i mean who benefits from it in the end?

i hope school is going and contiunes to go well

Female
534 posts

vespira • 15 January 2018 at 10:40 AM

@immortalraven

Thank you.
The country I come from I actually pretty backwards and underdeveloped - bullying isn't treated seriously despite numerous cases of people dying/getting severely injured from bullying-related incidents. I guess that's just the price to pay for coming from such a place.

I just want to rant a bit - get it out of my system. What I don't like is how I'm already studying abroad in an international uni, yet it feels like I never left high school. I'm still stuck in the same fear and anxiety I had back when I was still in HS and I'm afraid of certain groups of people *cough* the popular girls *cough*.

It's not even because of the fear of the POSSIBILITY that they'll do something, it's that they already HAVE. Over and over, they've shown that they can easily torment me and ruin what small reputation I've built for myself among the populace.

I doubt my every move, every choice, every action. I live in constant fear and worry of judgment. It's so unhealthy for me and I'm reverting back to being extremely agitated and it's the worst feeling ever. They've already ruined so much for me, and I know that they won't stop until I have everything I care about ripped from my grasp.

Sorry if this was negative - I just wanted to get it off my chest. It's just really difficult for me because I wanted a change from my old school life. While it's certainly much better, at the same time, I feel like I haven't gotten much of a change.

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 15 January 2018 at 10:52 PM

@immortalraven Is it ok if I join?

@charm556 It's ridiculous how people are just so... negative. I mean, they may have bad things going on at home, everyone does, but that doesn't give them the excuse to go and further torment another person's life. The people that constantly go out of their way just to ruin someone's life probably won't get far, unless they change of course. Everyone has heard this before but, treat everyone the way you want to be treated.

Hope it gets better for you 😊

Deleted • 15 January 2018 at 10:58 PM

@Immortalraven That's so great someone's finally done this! Could I join? Thanks!

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 15 January 2018 at 11:36 PM

@immortalraven
May I join? I've seen a couple of people being rude here and there, not just limited to the internet *sigh* I think this forum is a great idea!

I'd also like to be notified when something good happens because some days I just need the positive boost on down days 😊

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 18 January 2018 at 4:25 PM

@charm556
Ah, mmk. I forget sometimes some users are in different countries. Hopefully it will change though and they'll take it seriously.

Totally fine ta rant, usually helps a lot 😸

Hm, I find that odd it hasn't changed much from like high school. The college I am in everyone just kinda doesn't care / don't gossip all that like it was in high school.

I hope things get better for you. Just remember in the end they don't really matter ❀️

@totallynotjoey
Yup x3

@fluffy
Yeah c: No problem x3

@skyfall4
Yup c:
Yeah bullying can be anywhere. In general this is just kinda for bullying all around, not just cyber bullying

---
Sorry it's taken me awhile. Have lots going on right now and get lots of notifications and hard to keep track right now o3o

I added a new good thing

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 18 January 2018 at 6:42 PM

@immortalraven
good for you for doing this β™₯
i can't believe that person said that to you! that's terrible ):
yea there was a time when on ec there was a lotting like *cat fights*...

at my school, yea there's some bullying.
people talk about each other
people talk about how much they hate each other
it's like a vicious cycle o.o
i have 'friends' who hate each other.

eh this world is pretty negative .__.

can i add a good thing?
around a week ago, my idol like two of my posts on instagram and *O*

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 19 January 2018 at 1:25 PM

@leafmelody
Yeah, it's sad people feel the need to be that way :c

Yup and it's given me a very cynical outlook on the human species lol x'D

That's cool 😊

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 19 January 2018 at 6:25 PM

@immortalraven

Here's another good thing 😊 (Tbh I'll probably go on about the cat for ages xD)

So yesterday I was leaving some food out for the kitten when I saw a thin adult ginger cat walk past. I'm pretty sure it was the mum but it didn't see me. I crept up a bit closer to it and then I started feeding it with the rest of the food that I was using for the kitten. I got pretty close to it but I think I spooked it when I made a sudden move ;-;
It ate alot and until my sibling scared it off on accidents

Ah wells, at least it got some food xD

Female
534 posts

vespira • 20 January 2018 at 4:00 AM

@totallynotjoey @immortalraven

Thank you both. It's nice to know that people agree that hurting someone or ruining their life is unfair. If someone is discontent about somebody, I prefer that they keep it to themselves if it isn't really something detrimental to others or take it up with them civilly.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 20 January 2018 at 4:57 PM

@totallynotjoey
Awesome 😸
Well I do love kittens lol x'D It's funny I used to not really like cats until I got mine. She is my fur baby lol. And she might have even been born on my birthday I just found out 😱 She was born sometime in latish April and my birthday is April 22nd x3 So tis possible x'D

@charm556
You're Welcome ❀️
But yes I totally agree on that

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 21 January 2018 at 1:17 AM

@immortalraven Wow! Imagine she was born on your birthday! That would be such an amazing coincidence πŸ˜ƒ But man I wish I had a cat 😸

@charm556
Np! If you need any support, just ask! 😊 Hope everything's better right now! ❀️

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 22 January 2018 at 10:16 AM

@immortalraven U r really a true angel for speaking up for urself & others! Hurray for being U!! I wish u well in life & stay strong as U have a voice for urself & others dear!! ❀️

WOW! I happen to come across this & am proud of u to stand up for urself & others!! It isn't that hard to be nice. I have the following RL story that just happened 1 wk ago. Read at ur own risk---but plz read as u may learn something from this---especially to the ppl that bully!!!!

In my town a 17yr old beautiful angel of our high school went to be w/other angels. SHE WAS BULLIED! B4 she committed suicide she wrote ALL the bullies in her life a letter & left a copy for each one of them. This angel was hiding the pain that consumed her life. She was active in helping animals, athletics, & helping others. But she didn't know how to get over the hurt & pain that the bullies had given her.

Not only now does her family suffer w/that pain but her loving pets that also miss her dearly.

Sad to think that this day-an-age that either u aren't taken seriously or ppl just don't think that bulling could happen in a small town. This happens everywhere. RL, internet...everywhere! It's in ur own "back-yard" ppl. Seems as if everyone these days knows of someone that either knows someone or is someone who has been bullied. Sad.....Just sad that ppl can't take an extra minute out to thank someone or do something nice for someone. It really isn't that hard to do. Only takes a second to make someone smile.

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 22 January 2018 at 6:34 PM

@raindrops It's really sad how people don't comprehend until they've actually got a death on their shoulders. I do hope they at least understand that bullying in unacceptable, better yet, completely stop bullying others.

If you are a bully, and you are reading this:

STOP

Do you really want to kill someone?

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 22 January 2018 at 6:43 PM

@totallynotjoey Hurray for u for saying what is so true! Too many lives r now saddened. Even the ones that did the bullying...because they get to live w/this the rest of their lives also. Just sad all the way around.

*Bullies....it isnt worth it...THINK b4 u act...Turn it around & do something nice for someone! Much easier to live w/that.

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 22 January 2018 at 6:47 PM

@raindrops Thank you, even those mere words you said just then made me smile 😊
It really is worth it, one compliment a day and you're golden

So true, would you rather be happy for a moment or regretful for life? It's your choice

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 22 January 2018 at 7:06 PM

@immortalraven
This isn't really a good thing, but I thought I'd post it here anyways:

One of my friends was picked on during PE. I'm not in the same class as her, but another friend filled me in since she didn't want to talk about it, which I totally understand. So apparently some bully in the same class said some rude things about her basketball shooting, and the sentences had quite a bit of swears, and went like "Blah blah blah Why don't you ****** throw better, piece of ****" ☹️ My friend was really pissed, but instead of swearing back, she walked away. The bully then said "I thought there would be a big show" >:C I'm really glad my friend walked away ❀️

I can't believe it- why don't some people just get the message? .-.

@totallynotjoey @raindrops
Very true, what you said up there 😊