My Response to Blog: Click Exchange Updated (March 24, 2018@ 5:00 pm ECT)

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Which Proposal Do You Prefer? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
462 posts

megadash • 24 March 2018 at 4:39 PM

Post Last Updated: March 24th, 2018 @ 5:30 pm ECT
Reason: Mislabeled 4th option from Egg Cave

The main problem I have with all of the options is that it views people with a lot
eXchange Credits as "hoarding" them. We EARNED those credits!
Each and every one represents time that I took out of MY day to earn, time, I
might add, that I could have spent somewhere else (another site, another game,
or just sitting there, picking my nose… okay, maybe not that). Minecraft 1.13 is
coming out soon. I could be playing around in the snapshots. Also, I got where
I was by rationing the number of slots used. We never should have been given
DOUBLE the slots that we originally had. Smart people learn to save slots. I
use two, but I may go as high as five to even-out specific creatures, but that's
very rare. This is because I want to make sure that I have plenty of eXchange
Credits to cover me while I'm not on the site. If I'm on vacation for week or am
sick for a day, I don't want to be pressured to make more eXchange Credits
right away because I ran out while I was unavailable, losing time that my
creatures were in need of a boost.

All of that being said, I understand how hard it is to start, but doing things like
I stated before, you can find some stability. Don't punish people who grind for
the sake of people who pop in and then pop out. I understand that they have
lives (please, tell me what it's like 😉 ) and they can be hectic. Still, the people
who work hard shouldn't be punished. No one is equal in outcome. In the
world of gaming, there are the hardcore players and there are the more casual
players. While all should be respected, no one should be, basically,
punished for working harder.

Proposed Solution 1: XC Injection From the Bottom
My only real problem with this is that it floods the exchange with inactive
players. Some people won't click on all of them, meaning that some
creatures risk not getting click on. Still this is the best solution that you've
proposed. If you decide to exclude players who've been inactive for a month
or more, that could be a decent method.

Proposed Solution 2: Site-wide XC Monthly Reset
I am DEVOUTLY against this. Again, I worked hard for these credits
and I'll stop using the exchange altogether if you choose this. I'll just go on
Yarold's chick exchange, where they DON'T punish active users.

Proposed Solution 3: Algorithmic Redistribution of XC
Again, I will quit the exchange altogether if you choose this. I'm NOT
going to work for other players with nothing to show for it but lost time. If
you support this, "why not do the same with Egg Credits or Cave Cash?"
It's essentially stealing the lives of the players who work. You took away their
time to give to players that didn't play NEARLY as much.

Proposed Solution 4: Convert To a "XC for EC" Model
I don't really like this model because it just swaps one game "whale" for
another…in an area where the two often overlap. It will punish players who
either have very little time to play or very little 🪙 to pay. Again, like the
original system, it will punish newer players and those with little time to play.

Now, I'm not one to criticize a system without proposing my own. I'll provide
my options, and, should I come up with more, I'll mention in the title of the
post of the most recent update. Here are my proposals:

Proposal #1: Pay for the Day
If you want to implement the paying system, eliminate the credits altogether.
Instead, you have to pay for you creature to be on the exchange per day. Like
Tim's Food Shoppe, it costs you 75 🪙 per day to keep a creature at 100%
happiness for 24 hours. Since you can get a minimum of 90 🪙 from feeding
one creature, you can still get a little profit. I recommend that it cost no more
than 15 🪙 per day for a creature to be in the exchange until midnight of the
next day. This way, you can add a creature to both the exchange and Tim's just
from feeding one creature. You could also add days by paying the additional
🪙 to keep them in longer.
To limit the number of creatures in the exchange, I also recommend that no
more than 5 or 10 creatures per account be allowed in the exchange. You
could also add a premium feature to add more creature slots by purchasing
them for Cave Cash.

Proposal #2: eXchange Credits as an Item
To encourage the flow of eXchange Credits, why not allow players to convert
100 eXchange Credits into an item that could be sold, traded, or donated to
other players or side accounts. This creatres a market for them and would
allow "whales" to either help other players or make 🪙 from their work.

Proposal #3: Limit the Exchange to Main Accounts
I know that this will be very unpopular and I admit it to being very inconvenient,
but I'm just proposing it as an option. I hate it, but I think that it's a more viable
option than what's been officially proposed. By limiting the Exchange to main
accounts, you limit the amount of credits that an individual can earn. While no
current side account should be punished for already having credits, if we could
allow a one-time transfer to the main account (initiated by the SIDE ACCOUNT)
we could say that, like many features on the site, the exchange would now be
one of them.

Proposal #4: Double/Triple Credit Day or No Loss Day
Like Double Feed Day (which really isn't, but that's an argument for
another day), we could have a day that allows us to get more credits. I have
two ideas for that. The first one is to just get double credits for each creature we
click on. While you'd only lose ONE for everyone who clicked on you, they'd
get TWO (or THREE) for clicking on your creature.

The other way to do it is where people get a credit for clicking on a creature
but won't lose any for someone clicking on theirs. Either one of these could
even be done twice a month (say the 1st and 16th of each month).

Okay, I'm done crabbing…for now. Here's my rant, I understanding, and my
proposals. If I come up with more, I'll post them here and let people know by
mentioning the update in the title. I'll have a poll for the original ideas, but later
ones won't be added, as it will nullify the results. Feel free to contact me, follow
this topic, and reply to the post. I welcome any comments and ideas.

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 24 March 2018 at 6:16 PM

personnally i don't mind that unactive account get 10 credits per day or per week because it makes more creatures to click, yes it will help more the ones that goes first in the exchange but since a long time i was able to get over 500 XC in 2 days and it's also the first time ever that i put more then 5 creatures in there!

so i'm absolutly ok with the way it's working right now! 😃

but the XC double and triple day could also realy be awesome! 😃

Female
208 posts

sunfire103 • 24 March 2018 at 6:43 PM

@megadash

I'm not sure of 10XC for everyone with 0 is fair, but perhaps something more like 1 credit per creature (entered in the exchange) for those people active the day before. Its all about trying to find a good balance, because as it was before the most I'd see at a time was 40-60. Even with refreshing often in the day I might have gotten double that, then credits gone within an hour.

The ones that hurt the system the most have 1 creature entered, and hoard the credits. Making it more difficult for those of us with 10-20 entered to even get a chance to get more credits. We shouldn't have to refresh all day long just to get 100 links for the day.

I'm sure no system is perfect, but would be nice to have more available.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 24 March 2018 at 6:52 PM

@megadash

Expanding on what I conveyed on the blog update,

for YOUR PROPOSALS - Why couldn't all of them be implemented 😋 .... Seriously 😃

I've been wondering why we can't use CC to buy Cove Spaces ... why can't we buy XC with EC ? It adds a richness and complexity with multiple currencies structures .... which is fun imo.

Perhaps these could be offered during several events so as to keep a player engaged a bit to the site happenings.

Through & Through

- I think Proposal 1 ( on the blog ) got it right. That being said why couldn't there be nuance 😊 ... especially that Proposal #4: Double/Triple Credit Day ( I'd like for it to be on the 15th of each month 😉 )

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 24 March 2018 at 7:19 PM

@megadash

I only agree with eggcave's proposal one.
The other 3 not at all.
And yes I feel the same about having earned em and their 2 and 3 are like eeh to me cause of that.
Then their 4th, well, I guess it'd depend on how much EC it costs but I feel it takes away from click /exchange/ plus I rather save my EC for cove spaces that make me cry lol. So expensive ;-; Or travels/critters I am seeking. Another part I see in buying it is that people will feel less inclined to click so then the exchange slows down again or whatnot. I explained this a little more on the blog I think not sure but oh well

I like your 2 and 4 options
3rd I'm kinda indifferent. I sometimes use my side but not enough to be effected by this option

And the 1st option, I still rather save my EC but it isn't a ton that ya propose so maybeish.

Female
1,637 posts

minnie298a • 24 March 2018 at 9:41 PM

@megadash

There is a part of the original system I don't exactly have a problem with. The "you only get what you put in" aspect is what I've liked about the exchange. It's just the participation seems skewed somehow from what I see. There is a part of me that feels that it doesn't need fixing, but then I can see that it's not really working 100% as it is, and for some reason my brain isn't seeing how any currently suggested "fixes" will help. Chances are it's just how my brain is functioning at the moment but everything solution wise is as clear as mud. It's also why I don't have any solutions of my own.

On that note I'd like to clarify some things about my activity:
- I live in a different time zone. For me, midnight ECT (Egg Cave Time) is either 2pm or 3pm my time. It changes with daylight savings on EC's end. It's my main objection to the set day for Double Feed day, as it runs 2pm Sunday to 2pm Monday my time.
-As a result, if it's a daily awarding of credits at midnight, I will, by virtue of living where I am have first dibs. Every day. 2am to 6am ECT is my prime time to be here. I can flit back and forth while dealing with dinner and bed time and stuff. Even I can see how that's not fair to the uses who can't get on until 8 or 9pm ECT for a hour or so. Those who live "local", who have restrictions like school, and work, and sports, and parents saying do your homework first. I'm an adult who currently is caring for another adult with medical issues. I set my own schedule around doctors appointments, but have a lot of "free" time where I'm able to schedule in the time limited stuff of several websites. If it's only one reset a day, someone will always be disadvantaged.
- My activity runs hot and cold. I'll always check in daily, but what I do while here depends on my life. So far this year I've had about 20 days of limited internet due to real life issues. I'm also way more active during events, but as mentioned above, real live can be demanding, and this isn't the only site I visit with time limited events. If I only have 15 minutes of net, checking in with and updating family on Facebook comes first, as I'm out of town with Mum in hospital. Downloading reading material, and updating my off line games so they run are high on my list as well.
- I primarily use a desk top. I have a routine for the desktop. If I'm not home, not only do I have to deal with dodgy internet, but I'm on my tablet. Yes, the site is fine to navigate on the tablet, but I find feeding through the exchange bothersome because I can't use the Ctrl button to open and close windows. I also can't jump between different sites easily. Yes, those are my issues, and something I have to deal with, not something I expect anyone else to solve for me.

- I don't like the idea of hoarding credits, I've just never understood it. I understand others have different opinions and that's fine, you play your game the way you want. I've always seen a lower count as a positive because it means my creatures are getting the attention I want them too.
- I'm fine with the idea that if I can't get on for a day or two, I miss out on the benefits of the exchange. For me the exchange is a way to get extra stats without having to actually talk to other people. I have anxiety and even adding my name to event lists like Halloween and the Chocs, is uncomfortable on some level. Today is a good day, hence this essay. Creatures in the exchange are also "safe" to feed. I know I won't upset someone by accidentally clicking on a creature they don't want to evolve.

- As mentioned on the blog thread, I keep my participating creatures below the limit. I pretty much always have. I normally have 9 creatures in the exchange. It's a notification thing for me. Mainly it is the "X feed Y creatures" notification kicking in at 10. By only having 9 active, I only get the feed notifications if someone has actually visited my profile and feed creatures there. That way I can keep track of other notifications easier. I use the feed notifications for feedbacks when I have the time and motivation.

So, with that in mind Proposal #2 isn't for me. I don't like having 100's of XC credits sitting around. Yes, I earned them, so I don't want them redistributed either, but I want them consumed in the way it's intended, by others clicking my creatures. Proposal #4 kind of sits in the same category, as it will give me lots of credits.

Proposal #3 - As I don't have a side, I feel I shouldn't comment as it will only effect me in the creatures available.

If it came to being able to buy credits, I wouldn't do it. I'd have the funds to do so (both ec and cc), but it would seem to take away the "I earned that myself" aspect. I also haven't bought any of the stat boosters for the same reason. To me it almost seems like I'm cheating myself out of the experience. Again, that is my view and I respect others feel different.

The proposed solutions on the blog don't sit well with me either. Pretty much for the reasons megadash has stated. I've been here for a long time. I've struggled through the times when the Exchange didn't exist and nor did the Leak of Vaka. If you wanted your creatures to survive you cared for them yourself, joined feeding groups on the forums or relied on Tim.

While not the case now, I was working full time when I joined. I had 1 or 2 hours most days to fit all my internet activity into while watching my TV shows and eating dinner. I get the struggle, and there were times when my creatures would suffer for it. I had to work out solutions, which was mainly feeding my creatures and ones I found in feeding forums (that I never joined) on the days I could to earn the ec for Tim's. I would stagger the trips to Tim's when possible as well, coming on every 4 or 5 days to book them in for one day. I pertinently lost creatures, but I mourned and moved on, as I saw it as my fault, so something I had to fix about how I played the game.

Female
1,821 posts

poe • 26 March 2018 at 3:53 AM

Honestly, I'm liking this currently implemented solution quite a bit. I'll like it more I'm sure when inactive user's creatures are removed so more clicks go to active ones. A lot of days I was hardly able to scrounge up any XC so my one creature in the exchange hardly got any clicks and to keep it in the exchange for the day, I'd have to hop on eggcave multiple times a day. Having the influx of creatures to click and thus stockpile enough XC to have a creature in for 24 hours or so is much more ideal for me, and I think it works well for those who can't be here all day, but it also rewards those who can be.
I think there's some work to be done about the whole inactivity thing, but this seems to be a really good solution so far to me. Perhaps it's just how I see it, idk.

367 posts

kudo • 26 March 2018 at 7:31 AM

@megadash
I agree with you on the 'hoarding' XC idea. It's rather true that some of us spend a lot of time collecting all of this XC. While I'm aware that doubling the amount of slots we had before increases the amount of creatures to click, have you noticed (I hope I don't sound rude) that the majority of these '20-creatures-in-the-click-exchange' users are newbies? Considering that they are newbies, they won't exactly know of other ways to evolve/immortalise their creatures like @immortalraven's (sorry for the ping-) immortalizing- which is why they need the click exchange. I think that older users would be using only one or two slots, like I had done before to gain stats, but now I have around 6 creatures in the exchange to try and boost evolving. Sure, it increases the number of creatures to click, but in retrospect, isn't that a good thing? That way, you can fall back on collected XC while you're not on and can rely on it not to run out anytime soon.

Having said that, I find most of the people that only have 1 or two slots used are those that want to gain stats for their creatures. At least, that's what I've noticed when collecting XC and feeding. Those with more creatures in the click exchange generally are trying to immortalise. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that's what I think.

I guess you're right with that perspective- me being a casual gamer in general. I feel like I'm being somewhat biased though ^^"

For Proposed Solution #1 (EggCave), it seems like a worthwhile idea. But yeah, true, there would be an increase of inactive player's creatures. One bad side of this is that active players won't actually get as much of a chance to have their creatures clicked. That's why this option doesn't feel like the best to me. But it is the best out of all the proposed EggCave options.

For Solution #2, I wholeheartedly agree with you. It just sounds like a terrible idea. Having that in mind, I don't think this idea is fair to those that want to get on the leaderboards for monthly feeds/clicks/views (okay so maybe only feeds) because they have to start collecting up XC again. Then again, if this idea comes into being, it'll make things fairer for those who want to try and get on the leaderboard, other than the usual players on the leaderboard (no offence to them). The leaderboard does give you some EC if you're still on it at the end of the month 😊

For Solution #3, I'm on a mixed base here. On one side, it'd be fair towards the players that don't actually have the time to collect XC, but on the other side, it'd be unfair to players that have have actually spent time to collect that XC. I don't really know about this idea, so yeah. Mixed feelings. One thing that I am certain of is that this links back to the 'hardworking players' topic. I feel like this idea needs to be analysed a little more. Also, the EggCave has stated that algorithms won't be exactly 100% correct and that it's the least preferable suggestion to them, which I agree with. There's not much more I can add to this honestly.

For Solution #4, I just don't like it. I mean, spending hard earned EC on XC? First of all, it's not fair to newbies. Most newbies don't exactly start hoarding EC as soon as they start. They use the click exchange (once they learn about it). They don't really have as much EC as older players would have. Even if it's only 15 🪙 for 10XC, I still feel like that's EC wasted. Second, I think older players would just abandon the click exchange all together. It takes effort to collect EC (I mean I have trouble collecting up to even 100k) because of the time it takes to feed. I do wish there were other easier ways to get EC, not just through the site trivia and so on. So yeah, I agree with you.

For Proposal #1, that's a really good idea, but it still has flaws. Not trying to be mean, but I just wanted to point out that it still uses EC. Sure, it doesn't feel like a lot of EC in the short run, but for long term? We could be talking 100k and more. However, I do feel like this idea has potential. It does seem easier and more convenient for inactive users. What if it were a booking for say, a week, and not just a day? That’d definitely make things a lot easier 😊

I’m all for Proposal #2. That’s legit the best idea I’ve seen/read about till now. I think maybe @Ian and the EggCave team should look at this one 😃 This one really deserves to be more widely known- it’s not just really efficient but it also helps inactive users! If this comes into being (which it should), I would imagine there’d be a bunch of playing creating posts to donate piles of XC to the inactive- I’d probably be one of such forum post creators lmao
I have a feeling it shouldn’t just be limited to a 100XC pack- like CC vouchers I think, if you get what I mean -50XC, 100XC, 500XC, 1000XC and 5000XC (not that I think someone could get up to that much but believe me, someone will xD
I think it’d be cooler if these ‘bundles’ would be kind of ‘dissolvable’ like once someone sends it to a player, it immediately gets added to the number of XC that player has. Or maybe after an hour or so- anything could work. 😊
I think what wouldn’t be so cool is if it costs EC to turn XC into ‘bundles’- it’d be nice if it were free, but that’s just my opinion. ^^”

Proposal #3. I can’t say I’m not completely against it, but I’m not completely for it either. I’m half-and-half I think. If side accounts are out of the picture, it leaves less creatures to be clicked and therefore, less XC earned. But on the other hand, like you’ve mentioned, that would curb the amount of XC a player can get. Not really sure about that idea- but it’s still a good idea 😊

Proposal #4 - (lmao yeah, argument for another day) I guess I like the first suggestion for that. It sounds good- it’d save time, and make things a little more easier I guess. Having said that, your second suggestion sounds rather good too. It means that XC would be saved (Yay!).

Oops this is rather long isn’t it (sorry for making you read all this!) and uh, just wanted to say I’m glad you came up with these proposals- they would make great improvements to EggCave- not that it isn’t amazing already but still. Thanks anyways- it gave me a little more perspective on how important the click exchange is in my daily life lol/ (and I'm really sorry if I offended you on anything- I didn't mean to)

@rashka (hope you don’t mind the ping)
I guess most people wouldn’t mind inactive players getting 10 or more XC per day/week because well, their inactive. I do agree with you- I pretty much flipped out when I realised I could more than 300XC in one night xD
XC double/triple days would be something to look forward to yeah xD (hoping you don’t take offence at anything! ^^”)

@sunfire103 (hope you don’t mind the ping)
I think half of EggCave’s population is for your point- including me. That does sound more fair I guess. True, true, it was more or less natural for me to collect up to 80-90XC and come back a few hours later to find I’ve got around 10-20XC remaining.
I guess you’re right there- although some people do have a claim to collecting up all that XC. Like usually active players that have to be inactive for a week or so. Then again, it isn’t really fair for the inactive population- because everything feels a little muddled.
It is kinda frustrating to reload pages every few hours to get more XC since it’s so time-consuming.
My point exactly. A perfect system would be literally impossible to achieve. ^^ (hoping you don’t take offence at anything! ^^”)

@veritaspunk (hope you don’t mind the ping)
My first thought when I read this post! xD xD
I guess using CC to buy cove spaces would be a little too much for the poorer players (like me ^^” ) but it would be nice if there were both an EC and CC option for buying cove spaces 😊 But buying XC with EC just seems more complicated- to me at least. I can agree with you as far as the currency structure- but EC isn’t really easy to hoard for some people- especially considered inactive players won’t really have the time to do so ^^”
Oh yeah, seasonal/monthly events would be nice, that way all of these suggestions could be juggled around= more players happy 😋
So true! xD
15th of each month would be something to look forward to lmao what with the CSP lottery happening on the same day (isn’t it??? Sorry if i’m wrong- I just can’t be bothered to check) (I hope you don’t take offence at anything! ^^”)

@immortalraven (hope you don’t mind the ping)
Me too, me too. Uh you do have a lot of cove spaces ^^” (must be costing over 500k now *squeak*)
I just realised I didn’t even consider trading creatures/travels. ^^” You’re right there- the click exchange will more or less ‘die out’ I guess.
(I hope you don’t take offence at anything! ^^”)

@minnie298a (hope you don’t mind the ping)
I guess when you put it that way, I’d agree. The click exchange did seem to be running smoothly before, but that could have been just me I guess. But then it got updated and *throws hands up* I realised it did need a little tweaking. I guess not everyone’s going to agree on one solution- everyone has their own opinion. Having said that, that’s why I like the seasonal/monthly event idea that @veritaspunk put forward 😊 If I can add to it, I think a lot more players would be happier if all these options were juggled around. Like say, one month there’d be EC for XC- the next month, double/triple XC credits. Or something like that 😋
Yeah, ECT 1am is 1pm for me. I usually try to go on double/triple feed days, although I usually miss them (I’m a high school student- all study and no fun!) And then again, I don’t get enough time as it is to go on EggCave- when I do go on, I’m on usually during maybe 4-5am (ECT) on weekdays. So yeah, time also has an impact on this as I see. 😋
EggCave isn’t the only thing I go on to- xD life gets in the way of a lot of things ^^”
I know shortcuts to getting XC faster- but sometimes I’m slowed down because I stop to feed.
Hmm you had some good points there. ‘Hoarding’ seems a little too harsh a description for me though, but it’d probably be different for others. I do understand everyone is entitled to their own opinion. ^^”
I see. Others are like that too, and I think most players are fine with this. Haha *essay* you should see my responce ^^”
Yeah, I don’t like getting to people’s profiles and seeing that they don’t want creatures fed only after feeding them- the click exchange is quite safe lol.
Huh I didn’t know that- I thought that notification popped in after feeding 15 creatures (figures- I learn a new thing everyday day xD )
Feedbacks are kinda annoying for me. Sometimes when I feed I might post on their wall- but most of the time I just feed and go. I don’t usually really have the motivation to feed back when I see a post on my wall ^^”
Your thoughts on this are interesting as it’s pretty much the opposite of mine. I feel more biased now aaah ^^”
You’re an old player aren’t you? I’m relatively new (an year and a bit), so I wouldn’t know much about the hard times I guess ^^”
I felt kinda upset when I lost creatures when inactive then life got in the way but since I’m a ‘poorer person’ I never had (and still don’t have) enough CC to resurrect favourites ☹️ I guess I didn’t have time to immortalise my creatures I guess. But now I’m a little more active and have immortized most creatures on this account and have a leaf on my major side so everything is somewhat better now. (I still feel sad when I see how many of my creatures have died on all accounts ><) (sorry if I have offended in any way! I don’t mean to offend ^^”)

@poe (hope you don’t mind the ping)
Same! 😃 Inactive players are a kinda touchy topic for me I guess - I agree with you ^^” I feel like there’s more inactive players than active ones. It’s ideal for many players and rewards the deserving ones I think 😊
I suppose so. Good solutions are hard to come by these days lol ^^”
(hope I didn’t offend in any way ^^”)

To no-one:
MY POST IS SO LONG I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH ANALYSING HELP

Female
1,637 posts

minnie298a • 26 March 2018 at 9:12 AM

@silvershadow Firstly, pings in items I've participated in don't bother me.

I literally stumbled across this site in 2009 (although it doesn't feel so long ago). It was a link in a siggy on a help forum for another site. I haven't paid as much attention as I could have, but I also haven't been on a major hiatus. So I've seen lots of evolution and to give Ian and everyone else involved behind the scenes their dues, they actually take feedback into consideration when they can.

I've got a vague recolition of a time before the resurrection stone existed, but that may be a false memory. I know none of my dead creatures can be resurrected, and I recreated Pollie, the last I remember dying, in 2011.

Technically, I've never bought cc. I've traded for it, so even that feels earnt to me. My featured creature cost me something like 16000 Halloween seeds. My leaf was bought with the prize from the gobbler event. Yes, insomnia feeds my anxiety, and anxiety feeds my insomnia. There are times where I seem to live on here, others I only get the daily log in bonus for weeks. Other cc has been purchased with ec over the years.

I use the xc for immortalizing my creatures, with the exception of one. I don't know why I've kept him there, he's well past immortal. I pick the ones I want to keep, and who I don't mind a faster evolution of.

As a side note, I randomly checked 10 accounts from the exchange early yesterday ECT. 5 of those accounts had their activity hidden. 2 of them showed wall activity about 2 weeks ago. 2 were accounts I recognized from the choc event, so active within a month. The other seemed like it was months since being active. Of the ones with time frames, 2 were active within the last 24 hours. One was 2 weeks, one 2 months, and the other 2 years. So, there is only 2 from the 10, that I could see for certain had a chance to click my creatures.

One upside to having the inactive accounts thrown into the xc daily is that IF the players return, they may have a creature or two left. How they still have mortal creatures after months or years is a different thing all together.

367 posts

kudo • 26 March 2018 at 8:19 PM

@minnie298a
That’s practically 8 years ago! EggCave must have been a lot different back then… Yeah that’s true, EggCave is one of the rare Adoptables sites that actually takes in feedback from players 😊
I wouldn’t much about that considering I thought that the resurrection stone was always there xD Ah. That’d would have been a while back. The latest creature that died on my account was probably sometime last year, which is before I had collected enough EC to pay for immortalising, and moved the Leaf I had to @ravenhills.

Yeah, me neither. I’ve never bought CC. I do know some players that buy it in stock, and I imagine they’ve spent quite a bit of money xD If I somehow do get CC, it’s through trading EC/creatures for CC. I got the Leaf by paying it for EC (still going). Same! Sometimes I get extra time to go on and I feed my feed list to try and get some more EC. I look forward to double/triple feed days because I’ve been trying to collect enough EC to pay back the Leaf (which I still haven’t done ^^”)

I feel like using the click exchange to immortalise takes too long- it seems best for stats. Sometime last year I had the leaf on my main and usually sent it to sides and brought it back when my other coves were dying. When that didn’t work during hiatus times, I moved all the mortal creatures from all my main and my sides to @ravenhills, and I sorted through all my creatures- so now my main is rather small (50 odd creatures) and most of my mortals are on one side, with the exception of @hillofwonderland (the side for collecting puffup’s) -then I immortalised all the creatures on my main, and sent the leaf to my main side so the ‘creatures dying’ problem got solved. (Mostly-) All the creatures at @hillofwonderland and mortals on my side I put in Tim’s, for around a month. I rebook them at the end of each month usually. So I haven’t had any creature die in a long time. Which is good 😊

I just went to the click exchange and picked 10 random creatures as well- 3 players had hidden activities. 4 were relatively new players- joined late last year. 1 player joined in 2009, the rest from 2010-2016. But I noticed that since the new site blog (click exchange got updated) the creatures on the click exchange now belong to relatively active players, of which 4 were on right now and 2 were seen 2 hours ago. I think that inactive players got moved down the line, which is probably good I think.

Hmm only 2 active players that you found? And that was before the XC got updated. I checked another 10 players again and it looks that they’re all active- with only 1 with activity hidden and 8 online and 1 seen an hour ago.

I suppose that would be considered a good point, although I’ve noticed that people sometimes put their creatures on the click exchange to evolve to a certain level and not further- and sometime inactive players come back to find creatures evolved to their last stage. I guess that’d be a bit of a puzzle, but then again, maybe because their creatures were somewhere near the end of the listed creatures maybe?

There’s also another factor- most people don’t actually feed creatures. They just click and close the tabs, which is what I sometimes do when I don’t have that much time to spare. But some do feed, just not all the time- which may explain why some creatures evolve faster than others on the click exchange.

Female
1,637 posts

minnie298a • 26 March 2018 at 9:50 PM

@silvershadow I'm a multitasking creature of habit. I'm currently jumping between 3 game sites, that rack up a combined total memberships of nearly 30 years. Egg Cave is the shortest, but the one I've been most consistent on accessing.

Yes, my survey was taken before the current changes, and before 4am ECT. The 5 hidden accounts could have been active at any time, but the "Thanks for the feeds" and "Thanks for the trade" wall notes gave me the indications it did. Then again by those standards, my account was last active months ago. Randomly checking profiles later in the EC day lead to currently on accounts or those active within 12 hours. I didn't check account age though.
Unless a creature is selected for Clicks, I'll feed. With the Ctrl Click/W method, it's not that much more time for me to feed. With the 2xEC from DD, I can earn about 20K in under 10 minutes. Double feed day funds my raffle tickets for the month. I spent such a long time relying on Tim, it got ingrained into my routine for here.

367 posts

kudo • 26 March 2018 at 11:34 PM

@minnie298a
I don't really have any other adoptables sites unless you count Xanje- but I play a whole lot of other games and my attention is pretty unfairly based xD

That could be true. I only check account age sometimes to see if their newbies or not. I usually put newbie players on my feed list.

I guess a lot of people do that- sometimes I just can't be bothered. I guess so, it depends on the type of computer that players use. Ohhh yeah lots of people use Tim's, I only started using it recently for the mortals on my main. I guess I stock up on EC and then transfer it all to the bank and forget about it until I want to buy a travel/trade/or buy tickets honestly. I try not to use too much EC because it takes so long to regain it all again.

On double/triple feed days or from Dragold's Den, how much EC you get depends on the speed of the internet. Sometimes it's fast for me, sometimes it's not.

Female
1,821 posts

poe • 27 March 2018 at 6:55 PM

@silvershadow
No worries about the ping, I can be pretty hopeless about replying otherwise! I'm sure once the sweep goes through and inactive ones are removed the exchange will work really well like this. I don't think we'll have to worry so much about inactive players taking clicks from active ones. And honestly if it is bad, I'm sure the eggcave team will readdress it! They seem pretty good about listening to feedback.

I also feel you about losing creatures. It happens to me all the time and I'm hoping I can eventually swap enough ec for cc to resurrect some of my favourites that I lost. It's definitely part of why I don't like any of the suggestions that call for XC being paid for with ec. I pretty desperately need my ec, and I've been using the click exchange to immortalize creatures because I can't let anyone down if I can't log in every day.