Turn Off Certain Notifications

in Site Feedback & Ideas

What do you think?

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 18 July 2018 at 7:31 PM

Hello! Another suggestion from me.

This time it's about notifications.

I don't know about you, but the cave attempts notification drives me insane. Yes it's a good notification.. if it was only sent once. Not once a day, but after every try you've used (IF YOU'VE USED IT)

For me, I use up 9/10 attempts to avoid this mess of notifications. I would love to turn off the cave notifications permanently anyways.

Another thing is the star creatures receiving stats, I would also love to turn that off, since it always makes me excited for a notification (that isn't.. anything really)

Having the ability to customize notifications would be godsend and wonderful.

Some pings:

@mami
@littlepuffyball
@pjbuzzy
@lbowe_elbow

Female
79 posts

mami • 18 July 2018 at 7:33 PM

100% support, I often don't bother going to the cave anymore because when I do, I'll forget to only use 9 so that I might avoid said notification.

Female
1,197 posts

littlepuffyball • 18 July 2018 at 7:38 PM

I agree with you and Mami. I also only use 9/10 cave attempts to avoid these notifications.

Female
1,821 posts

pjbuzzy • 18 July 2018 at 7:40 PM

agreed agreed agreed

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 18 July 2018 at 7:41 PM

Agreed. Customization of notifications would make life a lot easier!

Deleted • 18 July 2018 at 8:48 PM

@newlife Yes! I always do 9/10 cave attempts but Im forgetful and once in a while do the full ten and whelp my notifications are filled with them XD

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 18 July 2018 at 10:44 PM

@newlife
This would be amazing. The cave notifications can be a bit insane with the reminders.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 22 July 2018 at 1:36 AM

Need to bring this back again... with Eggcave's recent celebrations, this sucks.

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 23 July 2018 at 3:03 PM

I would love this, the cave and star notifications are so annoying. They should've just added it along with the new users shop.

Female
3,755 posts

sparklefox • 23 July 2018 at 5:30 PM

To be honest, I don't find these notifications too bothersome. I already know when I see only one notification that it'll be a cave attempt, so I just don't bother checking it. Same with seeing two notifications past a certain time of the day - it'll just be the cave and star notifications.

I still support this idea, though. They seem to bother quite a lot of people and I think it does sound like a nice feature to have.

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 23 July 2018 at 6:34 PM

@newlife
I HIGHLY support this. xD
I too use only 9/10 cave attempts to avoid the constant notifications. 😋

264 posts

snowwall • 31 August 2018 at 12:07 AM

By all that is holy, YES! I simply ignore the notifications, because most of them are not necessary to me, and so I've missed the "too hungry" warning a day ago, which has cost me about a dozen critters ☹️ What's the point of an alarm, when the flood of messages is so great that one doesn't notice it?

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 19 October 2018 at 7:41 PM

Bringing this back because I am still bothered by all these useless notifications 😊

Female
316 posts

sackname • 5 December 2018 at 8:45 AM

Definitely agree. I have many things going on everyday and when I see notifications I tend to them right away. Yet when I see notifications pop up and it's only "You have a steal attempt at the cave!" I'm kinda bummed.

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 5 December 2018 at 11:30 AM

I support the second one.

I’m not really bothered by the cave notifications, but I am by the star creatures’.

1,627 posts

icecloud101 • 5 December 2018 at 12:57 PM

@newlife
i agree a lot!
it would be nice because i get like 30 notif from a PM

Female
1,568 posts

firedawn • 9 December 2018 at 1:29 AM

Agreed with this 100%! It's so annoying to receive Cave Notifs because, well, it's somewhat expected and generally not great. An option to manually turn off some notifs and open others would be wonderful.