✔️ Kalown - [Halloween] Creature Suggestion

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 31 August 2018 at 7:26 PM

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Its another year, and you know what that means!! Another Halloween! Arkians are already picking out their costumes for trick or treating, and the Town hall is making preparations for the next Halloween fair. As many years in the past, clown costumes are all to common in the costume stores of Ark, and coulrophobia is on the rise. For this Halloween, a certain species has decided it'll try becoming an official Halloween creature this year.

Introducing the Kalown!: 😊
Kalowns are a species that were originally discovered by a Town Hall employee who spotted one in a traveling circus. At first, it was thought to be another creature that had been dressed up with colorful paints, but it was found that the markings where the natural patterns of the species. However, it was harder to find this species in the circus than one might think. This was due to many audience members, children and adults alike, found Kalowns unsettling. People say that they have never seen a Kalown blink, and that it's eyes never seem to stop looking at you. Paranoid theorists claim that the rings from the bells on a Kalown's ears can make you unable to control your own body, and that Kalowns lure children away at night. However, no such claims have ever had solid evidence backing it up. Thus, the SARC has simply labeled the Kalown as a species feared due to coulrophobia, the fear of clowns.

Kalown eggs:
Kalown eggs are unusually active. The three tails swish back and forth, which causes the bell to ring constantly. For an egg, they are pretty noisy. Some people are so bothered by the noise, that they hire others to hatch the creature for them. Unfortunately for those owners, finding a hatcher for Kalown egg isn't easy. This is not only due to the noise they cause, but also because many find the eye marking on the egg unsettling.
Despite all the unease many experience around these eggs, the SARC says that it is best to hatch a Kalown you plan to own yourself, as it allows the creature to connect with their owner better.

Picture:
http://fav.me/dcloa2f
** I couldn't decide on the main body color, hence why it's not all the way colored **
Tan would likely be best??

The Kalowns appreciate you spreading the word to help them on their quest for a new occupation as a Spooky Species. 😃 ❤️ Ping your friends to help out! And leave some feedback to let them know what they can do better! 😸

Starting pings:
@lbowe_elbow
@newlife
@reality
@wigglytuff

Thanks for viewing! 😃
- @prairie & the Kalowns

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 31 August 2018 at 7:31 PM

@prairie -- OMG SO CUTE! I love the child stage (:

3 posts

fjhfjhfjhfjh • 31 August 2018 at 7:55 PM

@lbowe_elbow

Oh my gosh they are adorable!!! The description is really though out too.

What do you think of making the main body color deep purple? and possibly adding a red stripe down the center of each tail?

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 31 August 2018 at 8:22 PM

@fjhfjhfjhfjh
Don't forget to ping @prairie (:

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 1 September 2018 at 1:46 AM

@lbowe_elbow
Happy you like it!! 😃 I gotta agree and say 1st is my personal favorite. x3

@fjhfjhfjhfjh
Thanks!! 😃 Glad to hear you like them! ❤️
And on the purple, I don't know how well that might work out. I want to try to keep the design more bright and vibrant, to keep the carnival/circus vibe going.
On the tails, im thinking I'll have each a different color. (Maybe red, yellow and green????)

Deleted • 1 September 2018 at 2:18 AM

@prairie I like it! 😃 The Kalown is so cute yet a little creepy XD
I think honey yellow for the fur would be nice and the tales can be red, green and purple 😃 Maybe have the ball be dark pink?

Female
472 posts

flakes • 1 September 2018 at 4:27 AM

@prairie i really like it too!! Hope this suggestion gets made ^^

3 posts

fjhfjhfjhfjh • 1 September 2018 at 2:52 PM

@lbowe_elbow oops! haha XD thanks 😋

@prairie oh thats a good point, what about light purple (lilac?) then? or a dull yellow (light mustard yellow?)?

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 1 September 2018 at 3:02 PM

@crown
Happy you like it!! 😃 ❤️ I wanted to try to create a creature that was cute, but also creepy/unsettling; so I'm really glad you seemed to get both sides. 😊
I'll give those colors a try when I work on color combos today. 😃

@kdxu
Glad you like it! 😸 Thanks for the support!

@fjhfjhfjhfjh
I'll give it a shot when I work on color combos later today! 😊

More Pings:
@immortalraven
@sprite
@icecloud101
@jlya

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 1 September 2018 at 3:03 PM

so cute
clowny style fox
has a nice ring to it

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 1 September 2018 at 3:31 PM

@prairie ❤️

1,853 posts

purgatory • 1 September 2018 at 5:52 PM

@prairie

Lovely design + lovely description 😃 last stage is my personal favorite

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 6 September 2020 at 5:07 PM

Bumping for 2020 because why not, it might be a bit late for a bump for this year perhaps.

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 6 September 2020 at 6:19 PM

@prairie THIS ROCKS! I LOVE THE DESIGN AND THE DESCRIPTION! I'D LOVE TO HAVE A COUPLE OF THESE BAD BOYS

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 7 September 2020 at 8:22 AM

@cleokitty
I'm happy you like them!! 😃

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 9 September 2020 at 4:29 PM

@prairie thanks for your suggestion! This is going to be made into a real creature for October 2020. Yay!

Non-binary
1,070 posts

distorted • 21 September 2020 at 11:07 AM

@prairie Congrats! Im looking forward to getting this! (Diez at how ah-mazing dis iz)