What to do with Pokemon cards?

in Chit-Chat

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 21 October 2018 at 10:43 PM

I have some Pokemon cards that I can't really play with because I'm missing energy cards. I know I could buy energy cards but I'm haven't done that yet.
I want to find something else to do with them other than play the trading card game. Whether it be a new game I can play with them or something I can do with Pokemon sprites in general.

Note: I don't want to do anything with them that requires me to cut them up or 'use' them.

I've been thinking about drawing all of them, which I like the idea of.

Any ideas? Thanks

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 22 October 2018 at 12:07 AM

@sodabearjess

I simply collected them for their art. I like showing them off to younger kids (mainly my cousins) as an introduction to pokemon as a whole. šŸ˜Š They sell cool binders that you can organize them in.

Non-binary
43 posts

xxspiriteaglexx • 7 September 2019 at 8:51 AM

I currently have a binder and a half full of PokƩmon cards so uhh.. You could say I like them. But if you don't have any energies you can't really do much.. Although if you don't want them you could paint over the attacks to expand the picture.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 17 September 2019 at 9:58 AM

@sodabearjess

If you take a look at your local game store they may sell some packs of energy cards for super cheap. If you do end up drawing the cards, I would love to see what you do!

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 17 September 2019 at 2:52 PM

@sodabearjess I normally play with my own rule set because I have the same problem as you. I canā€™t seem to find a place to buy energies. Iā€™ll send ya the rule set I made up later if I can find it on my computer (my family plays together with this rule set)

Male
682 posts

decay • 17 September 2019 at 6:16 PM

@sodabearjess

Hope youā€™re doing well! c:
I would collect them honestly!
I used to do this as a kid because I loved looking at them and I had no idea how to play the card game lol (still donā€™t)

Also, iā€™ve seen some people like Spirit Eagle said that paint over the entire card and try to match the scenery theyā€™re in
Like this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rvpOSQIaZ0I

However, this requires ruining the card...
Maybe you could use a varnishes or other supplies to be able to get the card back after?
Maybe use a clear card holder type thing to paint on?

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 19 September 2019 at 11:24 AM

@dcmaster @mastergemma @xxspiriteaglexx
Wow thanks for all the responses guys! ā¤ļø I hadn't really thought about painting over them, but I kinda don't want to ruin them. Maybe I'll find a way to do that without actually drawing/painting on the original card. I guess I could buy energies, but I'm not super into playing the original game anyway. I'd be interested in your rules you use @stevepat2002 (if you can find them lol)

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 19 September 2019 at 10:01 PM

@sodabearjess
You could always use card sleeves and paint on the sleeves but the card would be able to move slightly inside the sleeves. It'll still look awesome though!

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 20 September 2019 at 1:55 PM

@mastergemma That's a great idea, I'll look into that and let you guys know how it turns out! (Might be awhile, college = too much homework)

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 21 September 2019 at 4:10 PM

CHALLENGE