Increased Monthly Chance

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Do you agree?

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 16 January 2019 at 7:46 PM

For the last few months or something, I've noticed that the chance to get a monthly has decreased by a LOT.

Yesterday, I did 25 attempts and got one Hobbel. One. ;-;
Today, I've done 27-28 attempts and got nothing at all. ;-; I've only been able to find 2 Pekvas and no Harpettes, and I think I've been doing 10+ cave attempts almost every day.

I think the chance for a monthly should be raised, even if it's just by a little bit.

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 16 January 2019 at 8:51 PM

@iris1929578
yes, i totally agree! I've been playing eggcave for almost 5 years now and i can clearly remember that when i first started, monthlies could be found in the cave almost every day, now i usually get one monthly per week/ every other week. I think i've been on eggcave every day this month and so far I've gotten 1 pekva and 1 harpette. thats it. for this whole month. its pretty tragic tbh

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 16 January 2019 at 8:56 PM

@wild_wonders

Thanks for your support!

I joined about 1 1/2 years ago, and at that time I got a lot of monthlies, and I also remember that month with Mossoroos, I got so many ;-;

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 16 January 2019 at 9:09 PM

@iris1929578

Don't mention it! 😃 And yeah same, I feel like the chance of getting a monthly has dropped by like 20-50% lol

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 16 January 2019 at 10:17 PM

@wild_wonders @iris1929578
But decreased monthly chance is beneficial for the economy (ish kinda depends on how you look at it) because each year, more and more users join, and if the monthly chance was the same, that means we'd be OVERLOADED with monthlies 😱 Dropping the rate is a good way to balance out the # of monthlies being found.

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 16 January 2019 at 10:41 PM

@skyfall4

Good point, but now the rate is so low it's kinda frustrating for me.

For example, I've been doing cave attempts for almost every day now, including 25+ attempts for each day of CRW, but I haven't found ANY Harpettes.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 16 January 2019 at 10:45 PM

@iris1929578
I'm sure throughout the month you'll find more, though I have to agree the lower chance + increased amount of commons makes it a little disheartening to visit the Cave. But for now, enjoy 😉

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 16 January 2019 at 11:30 PM

@skyfall4
If they really wanted to increase the rarity of pets then they wouldn't be re-releaseing? And I personally feel like more people are quitting than joining

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 16 January 2019 at 11:33 PM

@wild_wonders
What do you mean by re-releasing?

And lots of the older users are quitting, but I feel like those who have been here for a year or two, especially those who've been here for a longer time and are still here, actually begin to lose track of new users... I dunno about you but it's definitely true for me! 😋

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 16 January 2019 at 11:42 PM

@skyfall4
Quests.

And yes, eggcave gets many new users, I'd agree with that, but I feel the amount of people who join and stay is like 40% of the total amount of people who make an account on here. Whereas so many users have quit/are quitting or going on super long hiatuses which sometimes end up being forever. I mean, maybe I've just been on here too long and am exaggerating what I've seen but that's just my personal opinion. And if they decrease the chance of getting monthlies, new users would also get less of a chance which would give them a better chance of leaving.

As I said, that's just my personal point of view on things, no hate for this site just my opinion based on what I've seen.

Female
5,402 posts

Orderedchaos • 16 January 2019 at 11:42 PM

The chance of getting monthly creatures has not changed at all since monthlies have become a thing. You have the same chance of getting one as you do any other creature in the Cave (aside from the mo). There are more creatures in the Cave than when monthlies first came out which makes it seem like the chance has decreased but it hasn't, there is just a larger pool of creatures that you have the chance to get.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 16 January 2019 at 11:49 PM

@wild_wonders True, true.

@Orderedchaos
Yeah that's what we mean by "the decreased chance". Because more Cave commons have been introduced to the Cave, it sort of outnumbered the monthlies and makes the chance "smaller".

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 16 January 2019 at 11:52 PM

@orderedchaos
ah, that makes sense. 😊 thanks for the clarification

Deleted • 17 January 2019 at 12:53 AM

@wild_wonders Yeah, it's sad when users leave.. even more so when they're the more active members in the forums.

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 17 January 2019 at 1:19 AM

@playermocha345
Yea it really is, all the people on my friend list (80 people) used to be active, now most of them are gone! ☚ī¸

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 17 January 2019 at 8:25 PM

@iris1929578 LOL I agree with the 'no harpette' thing. I BOUGHT my Pekva and Harpette, because the prices aren't too high yet. 😋 But yeah. feels like it's harder to get monthlies now... ☚ī¸