Silentran Roleplay (always open)

in Roleplaying

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 31 December 2019 at 4:45 PM

In the land of Hyfir, three races lived upon the land, Humanoids, Beasts, and Outcasts. One day, war broke out between the three races, which is called the Silentran War. The only known way to end the war was once writen by the great Insuren (Insure for non plural), but it was demolished long ago. Now, someone must find another way to end the war, or the land may never find peace again.

The layout for character sign ups is as followed:

Name
Race
Weapon
Apperance
Backstory

You can add more if you like.
The classification to determin which race your character belongs in is as followed

Humanoid: Anything that possesses human like looks and trates (ex. Elves, dwarves, ect.)
Beast: anything monstrous, or beast like (ex. Dragons, trolls/ogers, hippogriffs, ect.)
Outcasts: Hybrid of a human and a monster; a mutated version of a human, by any means.

Map of Hyfir:
Map of Hyfir https://imgur.com/NoHPGi0

Rules:
~Keep it PG-13
~No Mary Sue/Gary Stus
~No manipulating the story to your desire (you can make yourself known to the people/person, but you cant decide what the person does. ex. Kinnon saw a flash of evil in Embers eyes)
~You can have a maximum of three characters, but you cannot make characters for the sake of making characters, ie. You cant make a character and have be idle for the entire roleplay.
~(Optional) You can expand on the lore of the land (so basicly, anything i didnt cover in the prologue.) However, if it is a magical item, you must explain the properties of said item
~(if you desire to name the species) please make it seperate from the race, i know that would be confusing.

Feel free to ask me about any of these rules if there is any confusion/concern

Pinging people i believe would be interested:
@wingedfox @summerglow4a @bgunny @shadowdragon28

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 31 December 2019 at 7:27 PM

@meisawesome This looks really cool! I'd love to make a character.. or two for this, but I won't be able to do it for a little while. I'll try to get one up in a few days though!

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 31 December 2019 at 8:56 PM

@wingedfox
Ok, thatd be really cool, and yes, you can make a maximum of three, i will update the rules now

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 1 January 2020 at 9:21 PM

Here's the first one!

Name: Gravan (Gray)
Race: Humanoid
Species: Avian
Weapon: He has a silver and obsidian sword that he's very good with.
Personality: Arrogant, looks down on everyone, takes a long time to trust or warm up to people.
Apperance: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/3a/cf/be/3acfbe3dca6c381757bfe8a4467f1e2a.jpg
Backstory: He's never told anyone his history andnever plans to. He was born as a noble but lives sucha hard life that he finally ran away.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 1 January 2020 at 10:20 PM

@wingedfox, the correct term sould be species, please fix the error.
@lyra-nyx, you need to add gender, but both of you are accepted nontheless, heres mine!

Name: Endersi
Race: Outcast
Species: Hrairoo
Weapon: her claws and teeth
Apperance: https://images.app.goo.gl/n5Tsc8MEvtVNvZYW8 (The appearance of a Hrairoo is a being with humanoid sentience, a wolf body, and has rabbit like reflexes)
Backstory: Endersi wasnt always a Hrairoo, she was once a hybrid of a human and a (sentient) wolf. One day, while exploring, she decided to hunt. She managed to take a rabbit from a warren, and was heading back to her pack when she noticed a dim, orange glow coming from a cave. She went in and found a Virin Stone (a Virin Stone is a stone that when two beings touch it, it will merge the properties of the two beings, this often results in a new species). She tried to go back, but when she kicked her paw of the ground, it accedentally touched the stone, and merged her and the rabbit she was holding into a Hrairoo. She is still copeing with the experiance.
(Sorry if this backstory was so long)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 1 January 2020 at 10:25 PM

@meisawesome I fixed it. I didn't know that there was an error at all. Thank you for telling me! You may want to add that to the form. I copied and pasted it and I had no idea. Thanks again!

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 1 January 2020 at 10:29 PM

@wingedfox
done! I wouldnt think of it as a probablem until you mentioned it! (...which one of us will start it? I cant because i cant post two posts in a row...)

Female
53 posts

apple_dumpling • 2 January 2020 at 12:29 AM

Could I join? I haven’t roleplayed in a while, for lack of people to roleplay with. Hope I don’t end up spewing too much information lol I’m very chatty and detailed with characters, I cut it down in forms as much as possible.

Name: Aliel (“Ay-lee-ell”)

Age: 290 years (I’ve heard tales of valkyries living to be 1,000 years old—that would make her 29 in human years)

Species: Outcast (Valkyrie)

Weapon: Aliel has three main weapons: sword, spear, and bow, as well as a shield. However she only fights in defense for her, her adoptive daughter, Lorelei, or the home she resides in at the time. I’m not sure if powers are allowed, but I assume they are due to the various magic-wielding creatures. Like most valkyries, Aliel holds the powers to foretell the future and heal life—as long as she’s fed on another’s life force enough.

Appearance: Aliel’s physical features include long white hair she often braids to reach down to her shoulder-blades, light caucasian skin, fair sea-blue eyes, and a height of approx. 5”7. Around battlefields, she bears rainbow-colored streaks of warpaint across each cheek, representing the rainbow to Asgard, in respect of the battle that took place and the lives that were ended for their race there. She normally wears golden or brass armor and a long golden cape. She bears long, flowing, angelic white wings, but tucks them under her cape and often rides by horseback instead, usually upon her favorite white steed, Sleit (“Slate”).

Backstory: Aliel doesn’t admit much of her childhood. She, in fact, becomes quite spiteful upon question of it—it’s the only quick way known to upset her. The only bit of information that has been confirmed to be more than just a rumor is when her power training began, supposedly around the age of 100 years, when she was sighted by a chief warrior wandering the abandoned battlefields, scavenging on warriors whose lives hung in the balance. She’s well-known for being a powerful and respected valkyrie, having saved many dying warriors’ lives, and doing everything her power to grant the wishes of those who didn’t make it. Her honor and respectability serves her great gratitude among the Outcasts.

Name: Lorelei

Species: Humanoid (Elf), raised by Outcasts (Could she remain among the Outcasts despite being Humanoid?)

Weapon: Lorelei has a strange, unexplained obsession with daggers. Her skills with them are uncanny, though understandable with the information that she’d been training with them since the age of eight, despite the fact she has sworn never to take a life unless in defense. She wields no magical powers.

Appearance: Lorelei is a pale caucasian with cold gray eyes and white hair that travels down to the curve of her spine. She is 6 foot. She wears light leather armor, one or more chain necklaces, leather vambraces, and a leather headband encrusted with bands of iron and decorated with feathers. She carries a banded war horn with Norse words etched into it strapped around her shoulder at all times. Her eyelids are often masked with coal tar or soot, apparently her own version of mascara/“warpaint,” and she wears multiple rings on each finger, all with symbols pertaining to Asgard or encrusted with precious jewels.

Backstory: Lorelei was found wandering near a battle-site only two years old by Aliel. Since then the valkyrie raised her and taught her the ways of a valkyrie. Her oldest memory is pledging to defend her new mother’s race, despite the fact she was three and didn’t quite understand what she was saying. She began training in battle skills to defend the Outcasts at the age of ten, though she’d been practicing with daggers two years prior. At te age of fourteen, Lorelei was called to the battlefront to declare the war, and given a war horn she deemed sacred to do so. Since then she’s been the head of each battle, striding or riding on her steed Fax beside the chief of the troop. She sounds the horn to begin the battle, then watches from the sidelines, defending herself with her daggers and tending minor wounds of other warriors.

Name: Bittersweet

Species: Outcast (Siren)

Weapon: Bittersweet is known for being a most dangerous siren to enemy boats who dare cross the borders into Outcast territory. As siren nature allows, she allures warriors with the illusion of their deepest desires, and when they’re close enough, she drowns them in the sea. This power of illusion is very strong and appears close and real to the entranced warrior, wistful enough to lead them into the waters where the sirens prey.

Appearance: Bittersweet has long black hair that tints purple above water and flows ever so elegantly underwater. Her skin is a fair caucasian with a light blush and her blue eyes are said to be able to pierce the souls of the unfortunate warriors foolish enough to enter her waters while she drowns them alive, staring them directly in the eyes and smiling. Her outfit is never clearly defined by any that are able to meet her and leave with their lives, so don’t be sure what you’re expecting if you have the chance to truly see her.

Backstory: Sirens in Bittersweet’s area abandoned their eggs when they were soon to hatch, as a way to “cull the herd” for only the toughest sirens to survive. Due to this, Bittersweet fought her whole childhood for sanctuary, prey, and, more often than not, her life. She gained a reputation for cruelty by the time she was only seven years old, and was highly feared among the other young sirens, given the name “Bittersweet” for her alluring personality from afar, and vicious personality in close contact. By the age of twelve she’d gathered herself enough to migrate to better waters. She’d built up quite the skill for convincing, and soon was surrounded by a school of followers. By fifteen she was a respected siren of high status among her school’s territory, and was called forth by the chiefs to use her powers against seaward intruders. She agreed and led her school to patrol the borders of Outcast sea territory, waiting to pick off any outsider crews warrior by warrior. (Her character reminds me of the song “Siren” by Kailee Morgue)

Hope that’s good 😸

Edit: I know they sound like mary sues but that wasn’t intentional—

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 2 January 2020 at 9:26 AM

@apple_dumpling
Yes, your characters are accepted, and yes, lorelei can be raised by Outcasts. Just be sure to give your characters some flaws later in the story. (Imma make the first text in the roleplay)

*Endersi stalked around a warren full of rabbits, she hadn't eaten in days*

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 2 January 2020 at 10:03 AM

@meisawesome

Name : Luna
Race : Beast ( dragon )
Weapon : Claws, fire-breathing ( if it’s allowed )
Apperance : White with rainbow wings, https://postimg.cc/Lhr0yJxp
Backstory : Born to her parents, left in the forest because her parents were darker shades and didn’t accept her. She roamed alone and hunted for herself. She can’t remember her place of birth or her parents faces.

Is this okay?

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 2 January 2020 at 10:14 AM

@galaxyleopard accepted, welcome to the land of Hyfir!
*she launches at one of the rabbits, and kills it swiftly*

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 2 January 2020 at 10:20 AM

Luna flew silently through the clouds. She hadn’t eaten in days, in the vast landscape, there was not much prey to hunt so she settled down to rest her wings

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 2 January 2020 at 10:28 AM

*she padded back to a small hill, in it were a bunch of Hrairoo dens, she padded in, knowing full well that it was empty*

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 2 January 2020 at 10:29 AM

Luna gave in, her stomach growled. She spread her wings and took flight again, desperate for food. She spotted a small stag and hovered where she couldn’t be seen.

Female
53 posts

apple_dumpling • 2 January 2020 at 10:36 AM

I usually mention flaws when their personalities are asked about, I didn’t know where to slide them in it the form, sorry.

| ~ | Lorelei | ~ |

Lorelei lifted her head as a finger repeatedly prodded her in the stomach. She swatted away Aliel’s hand and sat up, rubbing her eyes. “Come on,” Aliel grabbed her hand, apparently trying to pull her up. “There’s a battle-site we didn’t visit yesterday.” Lorelei rolled her eyes. They flitted along abandoned battle-sites all day when Lorelei wasn’t called to the front, not like Lorelei could help her at all. She hated standing there, watching her “mother” feeding off the most distant warriors’ life forces, then using it to save others and being called a “hero.” She would even sometimes take from Lorelei’s life force if she still didn’t have enough. But it didn’t matter to Aliel. She’d had this argument several times before, but did she ever listen?

Lorelei let Aliel help her up and followed her down a path that wound through a forest. Her larger, pointed ears twitched at the sounds of birds chirping and creatures scurrying away at the sight of them. Her stomach growled, reminding her she hadn’t eaten since breakfast yesterday, and that was fish, her least favorite. But she didn’t mention it; she already knew what Aliel would say. “What’s more important: your bottomless stomach or the lives of warriors who fought for you on those battlefields?” Lorelei bit her lip. This isn’t fair. None of this is ever fair.

| ~ | Bittersweet | ~ |

Bittersweet watched from a jutting stone as a ship sailed past the border, eyeing its sails. They weren’t of Outcast traditional color. She slipped into the water, meeting two of her schoolmates closer to the ship. “Ready?” Bittersweet’s voice, which usually carried like a leaf in the breeze underwater, cracked, and her heart skipped with surprise. The other sirens ignored it and only nodded.

Together they rose above the water so their heads bobbed up and down. Bittersweet swam back to the rock she’d been sitting upon and climbed back on it. As the others slipped onto rocks of their own, she stared at a particular warrior who stood on the quarterdeck and began to sing, forming an illusion. But her concentration broke after she missed several notes and her voice wavered and broke in between the ones she was able to hit by her schoolmates sliding into the water to chase after warriors who’d jumped in. She tried again and again, but could never get it right, and eventually the ship veered away. She watched it glide atop the waters solemnly, then decided they’d go after it again after they made use of the drowned warriors.

She pushed herself into the water and swam towards her schoolmates, who each held a warrior by the hair, struggling not to fall deeper into the ocean with it. No-one said a word as they followed Bittersweet, who took one of the warriors and swam down to bury him in the rocks and sand at the bottom of the ocean. That was, until the one who’d been holding the warrior she was burying decided to break the silence. “Are you oka—“

“I’m fine,” Bittersweet snapped. “Just... having a bad day, I guess.”

~~~

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 2 January 2020 at 11:58 AM

*She began to eat her prey, when she sensed something. She sniffed around the cave and she froze "oh no...im in Beast territory" she thought, and ran back to the Outcast territory*

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 2 January 2020 at 12:05 PM

Luna dropped down and blew fire on the stag.
Lunch! And it’s even cooked
She thought to herself, she folded her huge wings and sat to eat, she wasn’t bothered that she was near outcast territory. Why should it bother her?

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 2 January 2020 at 12:15 PM

As she ran, she saw a white dragon eating some prey* "oh no...if they see me, im as good as dead" she told herself, yet at the same time, she slowed down, fascinated by the dragon

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 2 January 2020 at 12:18 PM

Luna left the carcass and saw a wolf like creature watching her. She backed away. She was no good at species she’d never met many. She spread her wings in case the creature decided to attack.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 2 January 2020 at 12:21 PM

She compleately stopped now* "their afraid of me?" She thought

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 2 January 2020 at 12:24 PM

Luna made curled her tail around her legs and almost hid in her wings.
Friendly Or Evil?
She thought to herself
Don't move. Creature pass by soon.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 2 January 2020 at 12:27 PM

She sniffed around* "Outcast territory is near, ill watch it from there" she said, and padded off into the wooded area, still watching the beast.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 2 January 2020 at 12:37 PM

Luna decided
Speaks. Safe? Keep distance. Invite? Yes.
She opened her wings, a sign showing she meant no harm.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 2 January 2020 at 12:48 PM

She approched the dragon, still weary of its intentions*

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 2 January 2020 at 12:49 PM

Luna didn’t move, she was panicking a bit inside though, this creature looked unpredictable.
Safe, Safe. Creature not hurt you. Safe, stay
She wanted to run but she wanted to stay

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 2 January 2020 at 12:53 PM

She cocked her head as her pupils turned to slits* i am of no threat to you, but are you a threat to me?

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 2 January 2020 at 12:55 PM

Luna wished she new how to talk but closed her eyes, a sign she trusted, the creature could easily kill her whilst she was sat like this but she wasn’t worried

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 2 January 2020 at 12:58 PM

*her eyes soften* good to know. Im endersi, by the way.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 2 January 2020 at 1:00 PM

Luna was slightly frustrated by this, she liked the name but didn’t know how to explain her own. She didn’t know if her species could even talk, she never found out how. She collected nearby sticks and formed her name out of them. She was proud of her work.

Female
53 posts

apple_dumpling • 2 January 2020 at 2:44 PM

| ~ | Lorelei | ~ |

Lorelei stopped beside Aliel, staring ahead. Left-behind warriors scattered the field, some dead and some struggling to haul themselves up. The sight of so many sad, hurt creatures used to break her heart, but she'd long since grown past it. Aliel headed to the back of the field, where a young centaur lay on his side. As Lorelei followed, she recognized the ferns and shrubbery that grew just behind the centaur. It's the Beasts border. She looked back at Aliel. "Aliel, we're right next to the border." Aliel looked up from where she was grazing her fingers gently over a burn wound on the centaur's side.

"And...?" Frustration twinged in Lorelei's chest. Did she not understand?

"We don't know who won, who lost. The border could've been moved. If we're on Beast territory right now, who's to say--"

"I don't care who won or who lost, and I don't care about borders." Aliel's voice came out in something that sounded strangely like a growl. "I came here to save lives, and that's what I'm going to do." She looked down at the centaur again and added, "If you're really worried, ask him who won." Lorelei glanced at the centaur's face. It was twisted in pain; she doubted he could talk, even if he wanted to.

Just then Lorelei caught a flash of white in the corner of her eye. She turned swiftly on her heel, searching out whatever it could've been, but she couldn't spot another thing. Pulling out her daggers, she shifted anxiously, glancing between Aliel and the spot where she'd caught the flash. Aliel didn't have many battle skills, no matter what she said. She'd be weak after healing even a few warriors, and wouldn't be able to run, either. Lorelei may be trained in defending herself against a Beast, but not another person, especially one weak as Aliel might become if she healed too many warriors. If it had been a Humanoid or another Outcast, she likely would've been able to. But a Beast? It was too risky. She stared nervously at her adoptive mother. No matter how terribly she treated her, she didn't want to watch her die. But she's so stubborn; she's not gonna leave just because I think I saw something white. Lorelei sighed and stared into the trees, hoping it'd been her eyes playing tricks on her, or maybe the creature was friendly.