Sincerely, what are you feeling today?

in Chit-Chat

Female
471 posts

sandara • 1 January 2020 at 11:57 AM

From now on at least once a day, until the last day of this year, I will write something here with this account (@sandara) or @thecave.
I will write something depending on my mood, so it will be like a diary.

If you want to join me, you can. You can write a poem, a phrase of a book, a song or anything (don't forget the reference), you can answer the ones above you, you can just say hello or just a word like sad, happy or magic cube (why not?).
Do not think so much, just tell what you want to tell, just don't be rude.

I made this Topic because I noticied I don't usually say what I am feeling and that's why I have been felling really down since 2019 started, so in this year, I hope it changes.

This Topic was made for people to think over something, or just express what they are feeling.

And remember:
"Writing is talking about your own problems and listening to your own solution"

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 1 January 2020 at 12:41 PM

@sandara This is a lovely idea

Today i feel grateful to all the amazing people on here. To old and new friends that i have met over the years. I feel grateful to have such a beautiful and caring family. And i feel like im able to put behind the past few weeks of stress and focus on what is most important to me 😊

Female
471 posts

sandara • 1 January 2020 at 8:35 PM

@thedarkarcher Glad you liked it

"There's more to life than struggle and the things we seek to win" As I Am - Heather Dale

Male
682 posts

decay • 1 January 2020 at 8:49 PM

@sandara
This is actually really great!
I was feeling frustrated earlier because I felt like I couldn’t accomplish what I wanted to but I expressed it and allowed myself to feel that feeling instead of saying stop feeling that way. Thankfully I was able to go out and have fun and distract myself and the frustration disappeared.

As someone who struggles expressing their feelings and feels embarrassed to do so this is really great (:

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 1 January 2020 at 11:03 PM

@sandara - Incredible idea!!

Honestly, there wasn't much to do today... I didn't feel like solving a Rubik's Cube, watching some Netflix, read some Warrior Cats, or even write in my journal. This is one of those days where you feel dead inside and the only thing to make you motivated is music. Anyways, Happy 2020 to all of you EggCave users!

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'd like to tell you,
Happy New Year to you!

We've been through a lot,
Both thick and thin,
You made me laugh,
And made me smile from within.

Thanks for everything,
You really made me smile,
Everything you do,
Makes being here worthwhile.

Female
471 posts

sandara • 2 January 2020 at 6:20 PM

@decay That's great, I hope you accomplish what you wanted to😊

@wolfspike23 I feel you, I love magic cubes (just for fun, not competition), but sometimes I don't feel like doing it.
Also, happy new year too😊

"When at last I can confess
All my feeling and desire to love
I don't know what stopped me
But today I will fight
With all that I am."
-Translated to english, Sorriso Resplandecente-

Female
53 posts

apple_dumpling • 2 January 2020 at 9:14 PM

@sandara What a great idea!

Today I’ve felt bored and uninspired. My attention span’s getting shorter and I feel like I’m always wasting my time. I’m happy about my guinea pigs, though, I found a game they like where I blow on their face and they start jumping and running around to avoid me xD I weighed them today and found out they’re underweight though ☹️ I’m going to trim their nails soon and have a new game plan for meals. My days been spastic but the activities feel boring.

Happy New Years, though! Welcome to a new decade, EggCave!

Female
343 posts

foxbit • 2 January 2020 at 9:24 PM

@sandara This is interesting...
Today, I felt frustrated because after turning in my tokens for a Tawny, I got a Trenka instead. I felt my EC was wasted and that I was never going to get a Tawny...
But thankfully, I won a Rousel from a giveaway, and I managed to trade it (with the Trenka and another creature) for a Tawny.
I finally managed to get another longtime dream creature of mine, and it makes me happy 😃
Edit: Can't believe a new decade is beginning, time sure flies fast!

Female
471 posts

sandara • 3 January 2020 at 10:33 PM

@apple_dumpling
Hope you find your inpiration and joy, and guinea pigs are so cute, I had one when I was little😊

@foxbit
Tawny was one of my dream creatures, but thanks to asi I got my beautiful Nadelia for free, and Sypsi is really cool😊

I'm tired of hearing that we can't show feelings,
demonstrate weakness.
Cry, don't even think.
"Thickens that voice, says it didn't hurt"
And we end up learning that the only way is to mask feelings.
And then people create a shell that they, unintentionally, carry for life
-Adapted from Poemas para calar o medo (Poems to silence the fear)-

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 3 January 2020 at 11:14 PM

Got a Jayfeather plush this morning... I then watched more anime on Netflix and checked some of my Wattpad. I guess this is a day where nothing much interesting is happening...

Male
682 posts

decay • 3 January 2020 at 11:19 PM

I just wanted to come back cause this was relieving xD

Today was a quiet day and I spent like 2 hours organizing old drawing from my highschool and middle school years and it’s so interesting to see the improvement! I’m kinda happy because my niece said I was talented and I told her that it wasn’t talent but hard work and effort which I feel like is a good message to send especially after learning the research about fixed and growth mindsets and how they operate.... Honestly, I feel like I hit a wall not only on Eggcave but in my drawings like I feel constantly stuck

Female
53 posts

apple_dumpling • 3 January 2020 at 11:43 PM

This was nice, I’d like to share again—nothing much changed for me today but I did finally get to do something with my family (we played Shrek 2 on a Gamecube, there were many screams of agony after it crashed at the very end). My guinea pigs fell asleep playing outside and I watched them for a while. (A lot of my life focuses around my guinea pigs, if you didn’t already notice lol) Got a cute Meysko, too! My hair’s crazy today, as well, I’ve been brushing it for almost an hour and the tangles still won’t get out. I’m used to it, though 😋

Female
471 posts

sandara • 4 January 2020 at 9:16 PM

@wolfspike23
it's my whole life summed up in two lines😃

@decay
That's cool, I wish I could draw, but at most I can do nail arts😋
Wish you could break that wall soon, so I get to see one of your creatures in EggCave😊

@apple_dumpling
I bet your guinea pigs are very cute❤️
Congrats on the Meysko and sometimes my hair has it's own life, it just stay the way it wants and I can do nothing about it😋

Sometimes I wish someone knew what I am feeling, my biological father don't ever remember that I exist, my mom just say I am useless and that I have to be like my brothers (I know she loves me, but it hurts so much), too afraid of papa (stepfather) and brothers reaction (don't want them to suffer with me) and only have animals friends (I am not anti-social, but I don't have any close friend).
I have been keeping silent for 6 years now (only have expressed myself online, like today), literally nobody knows. But, at least, I have passed the worst time, alone, but passed, now I just have relapses sometimes.
Sorry, will try to post things more animated and happy, but 6 years is too long.

8 posts

thecave • 5 January 2020 at 9:28 PM

Everyday is a better day❤️

Female
471 posts

sandara • 6 January 2020 at 9:42 PM

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" 😉

Female
53 posts

apple_dumpling • 6 January 2020 at 10:13 PM

I have a few quotes I’ve kept with my since fourth grade I could share, they’re from the song Little Girl by Faith Marie~

“‘Cause on the first page of life, written in red, ‘You’ll never make it here, if you don’t learn how to bend.’”

“‘Cause on the first page of life, written in fine print, ‘Stop looking for light, live it instead.’”

“And on the last page of life, written in gold, ‘Don’t waste it, always doing what you’re told.’”

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 7 January 2020 at 2:55 AM

@sandara Wow im so sorry to hear you should never have to bear through all that alone. Im not 100% sure on all the circumstances but maybe you should consider talking to someone especially if your in danger from your stepfather your welfare is important. If you ever need someone to talk to please feel free to pm at anytime.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 7 January 2020 at 8:10 AM

I’m feeling very sad and stupid -_-. I was not aware of things I would be doing when I joined a group, and now if I backed out, the people in my group could fail... I don’t know what to do

Female
471 posts

sandara • 7 January 2020 at 10:24 PM

@apple_dumpling That's cool, I like keeping quotes for myself too😊

@thedarkarcher That's okay, I belive everyday things get better, it's just sometimes that I am really down, blame my dual personality 😋
My stepfather is my real father, so I don't think he will do any harm to me (he has been my father since I was 5 yo, I am 19 now). I have been with papa since I was born, he was mom's best friend, I spend most time with him when I was younger (my biological father didn't mind me at all), and in reality I didn't ever called my biological father as a father, 'cause he abandoned me, my mom and my 4 brothers when I was a little over than 1, I mean papa was our neighbor, and, at that time, worked at home, so he almost spent all day with me, he really likes kids and even if he does not have any of his own blood, he really treats me and my brother as his own😊
And thank you❤️

@stevepat2002 You're not stupid, people can make wrong choices. At least you are very kind, you did not gave up, even if you didn't like it, because of other people could fail, but if it is really stressing you to much, I think you should speak up (I say that, but I, myself, don't do that😋).
But good luck, and I think the quote of today is something that fits you now😊

Perfect people carry a gold medal on their chests.
Real people...
They carry a heart
What you carry on your chest?
-Translated to english, Pessoas Perfeitas (Perfect people)-

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 8 January 2020 at 6:32 AM

@sandara thank you for your input. However if I don’t say something, I might drop my team down with me...

Female
471 posts

sandara • 8 January 2020 at 8:56 PM

@stevepat2002 That's difficult, well, good luck, hope you can overcome this situation.

❤️This who I am❤️

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 8 January 2020 at 9:03 PM

@Sandara I might just leave tomorrow.

Male
682 posts

decay • 8 January 2020 at 9:13 PM

@stevepat2002
Honestly, I would talk to the group and express that stuff to them especially if it’s affecting you because that’s pretty unfair

It’s nice of you to want to stay and help but it’s always good to look out for yourself (:

I’m not too sure where you’re from and what cultural rules you follow so this might just be the individualist in me talking xD

@Sandara
Firstly, thank you for responding to me!
And thank you for sharing your situation with us! It’s really brave!
I hope everything is better and that you feel better now.
Also, I completely get what you mean with your Mom my parents have a habit of saying things that are actually quite hurtful but I know they mean well... anyway, just wanted to say you’re not alone (: and that we’re here for you!
Of course I don’t know the whole experience of what you’re going through but I really do hope it gets better!

Female
471 posts

sandara • 9 January 2020 at 9:45 PM

@stevepat2002
Hope things have gone well for you😊

@decay
Thank you❤️
I do understand my mom, she raised 4 boys before me as I am the yougest and the only girl, so she was a little bit rough when raising me, but because of that I grew up being disciplined, so I guess it worked somehow😋

My nephew is just 4yo and said that he wants to pass the day of his birthday helping on the animal shelter, because I said that shelter animals don't have a birthday party or a family to pass their birthday with, he even said that we should buy toys for the dogs and not gifts for him❤️
I feel like a pround mom now, my nephew is so cute, I am thinking of stealing him from my brother and my sister-in-law, should I? 😉

Edit: 10-jan-20
Solo leveling i my life right now, I think that is the 20th time I read it😋

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 10 January 2020 at 10:07 PM

I really hate school right now. My french teacher absolutely sucks, and she's now pressuring everyone in the class to do a project. That started before Christmas break, and she expected us to go work on the thing during Christmas. All my classmates are pressured to get this done by Monday now. I legit cried myself to sleep, just because of this project, and that leads me to think I am insignificant, stupid, useless, and question human existence. I've been doing this for the past three days, and I don't know if I can do this anymore.

1,478 posts

arcana • 10 January 2020 at 10:49 PM

@wolfspike23
My Spanish teacher said something along the lines of: "Do you judge yourself by a quiz or a grade? No!" before we looked at every test and quiz. She's very nice and supportive as well as my favorite teacher. Although it seems really hard to believe on paper, it does help when I'm looking at my grades.

Honestly, my word of advice is just that at some point, it will be over. This isn't the biggest thing you will do in your life. Even if you're struggling here, you will accomplish more than this. Your life will move on beyond your French project. One day, you might not even remember this class or teacher. It might help to talk to a school counselor about stress, because they might get your teacher to stop pressuring you so much and talking might help.

Female
53 posts

apple_dumpling • 10 January 2020 at 10:51 PM

@wolfspike23 That really sucks. I just found out I had a 7-minute speech due Monday in English, and apparently the teacher assigned it weeks ago and I had no idea, so I kinda get it. Just remember that you do matter, and everything will turn out alright 😊 As long as you try your best, it won’t destroy your grades, either. I’ve missed tens of homework assignments in math and I hardly understand what’s happening ever (why do parallelograms matter so much? AHHhH) and I still got an 81. What really matters is that you try your best with what you have, and that your mental health is far more important than any grades.

Sorry if I’m not replying to people who replied to me, sometimes I honestly have no idea what to say so I just d o n ‘ t .

Female
471 posts

sandara • 11 January 2020 at 10:39 PM

@wolfspike23
I get what you mean, once my english teacher said that we had to do a cover of a brazilian music, but with english lyrics, so we basicaly had to wrote the lyrics for a music, and not only that, we had to sing, record and edit the song (the video had to have subtitles with lyrics, both origin and english). That was insane, I can understand if I was in a musical college, but I was in middle school (here all the schools have same subjects, we don't get to choose, I don't know how it works in other countrys, but I know that some you can choose wich class to take)😋
But, good luck, hope you can make it😊

@arcana
I once had a chemistry teacher that gave 6 answers to the test in the middle of the classes (that was exactly the number you have to get correct to pass), but didn't comment it, he just wrote it in the board (most did not copy his notes on the board), and guess what, all the 6 were on the test with exactly the answer and they were the most difficult to do, so almost nobody that didn't knew it got it right. If I remember right I got 10 on that test, 'cause the other 4 was really easy and the 6 I had the answer (like, I would probrably fail if I didn't get the 6, but I was a disciplined student, always taking note).
On the day to reveal the results, the teacher just laught at the class, and said that he would gladly anuncied that only about half had passed, and said that he had wrote the answers on the board to teach a lesson, only passed these that had noted the notes on the board or the ones who had studied, so he said that in life there are 2 kinds of people who sucessed in life, these who are smart and these that makes effort to get something😊

@apple_dumpling
There is no need to reply, here is a topic that you can be comfortable, so just post anything. I just like replying the posts😊

Sad, she climbed the stairs alone.
Counted the steps, counted the stairs one by one.
Now, she just needed to get to the last stair.
To learn how to fly.
And even with the wings cut off.
She jumped.

Female
53 posts

apple_dumpling • 12 January 2020 at 8:40 AM

@sandara Thanks! What you said to Arcana reminds me of my 6th grade math teacher, she would post the answers to our math tests the day before on google classroom. It was ridiculous how many people didn’t even use it, she would talk about it each day for a week before we did the test.

Female
471 posts

sandara • 12 January 2020 at 9:20 PM

@apple_dumpling
Ikr, it is really crazy how people don't be more attentive, like they just had to look and memorize it.

Empty