~ Ultimate Questing Guide ~

in Help & Questions

Do you like questing?

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 7 February 2020 at 1:58 PM

Are you interested in getting into questing and not sure how to do it? Or are you a quester and need some tips and tricks on how to questing even better? Well you've come to the right place! Below are some general tips and tricks I haven picked up over weeks of questing. If you want to add any more, feel free to do so, as I have yet much to learn!

What is questing?
Questing is completing Quests-- these consist of finding a giving specific items to one or many of the quest givers. Each quest giver (Sophie, Manjul, Hamilton, etc) has a specific "theme"-- Sophie will ask for items from The Bakery, Manjul will ask for items from The Travel Agency, and so forth. If you succeed in bringing the required items within the 12 hour window, you will receive a TOKEN!

Why do quests?
Well, with enough Tokens, you can use them at a place called the VEND Machine! What's great about the VEND Machine is that you can get creatures that are otherwise retired and can only be gained through conventional trading-- which can be hard as sometimes you cannot find said creature UFT. It's an easier way to get a chance at gaining wishlist creatures and/or ones you can use to trading!

So now that you know the WHAT & WHY of questing, let's get into the HOW! Below are some tips for successful questing;

1. Gain EC!
Fair warning: questing requires a LOT of EC, so gain as much EC as you can! The easiest way to do so is by feeding creatures-- either your own or those of others.

Other easy ways of gaining creatures is by selling common creatures to collectors (ie; Tasmas, Texus, etc) or selling limited edition creatures. Yet another way to gain lots of easy quickly is by selling CC-- this is a bit hard as it requires getting CC in the first place, but just 50 CC can easily sell for 450k-500k EC.

2. BUILD YOUR HOARD
Here's where the EC comes into place-- it's time to go shopping!! Visit the EC stores regularly (NOT the User Shops!!) and buy whatever it is you see. Even if you already own the item, buy as much as the same item may be asked in later quests!

And speaking of buying items from shops...

3. UNDER OFFER IN THE EGG CAVE STORES
Here's a little trick that will save you EC on the long run-- always offer a little bit less than the listed price. For example, if a book is listed at 1907 EC, try offering like 1900 EC-- it works! Sometimes it's a bit too low but I've found that you can usually go 8-10 EC below the listed price. It's not a lot but on the long run it will save you tons of EC!!

4. KEEP QUESTING FRIENDS
I personally haven't done this myself and it's totally optional, but make some questing friends! This way you can ask them if they have a specific item in their possession and you can extend the same to them. This way you don't have to spend money on items, or find them for cheaper if your friend prefers to sell them.

4. PRIORITY IN QUESTS
Once you've started a quest, always go Strongroom -> Shop -> Friend -> User Shops -> Forum when looking for an item. If it's not in your inventory, go to the specific store (ie; Leila Library for books) to see if it's there as it's usually cheaper than in the User Shops. (Note; @arcana suggests to go to EC Shops even if you have it in thr Strongroom, that way if it's in the Shops, you still have some in stock!)

IF you still can't find it, try and see if any of your friends have it in their possession. Finally, I usually go to User Shops last as the prices are usually higher. IF the item is still not there or out of your price range, considering going to the official Quest Items Swapping Thread in the Trading & Auctions Forum!

5. FIGURE OUT IF IT'S WORTH IT
If you see the item you're looking for in the User Shops but it's very expensive (for me, anything higher than 20k EC), consider if it's worth buying. HOWEVER, take into consideration that some items are actually worth more than 20k EC in retail price. If you have a larger EC budget and want to splurge, go for it! Otherwise, you might want to try and find it elsewhere.

Also, take in consideration the value of the item itself-- some travels can cost up over 30k EC, which might not be worth it. Down below is a list of the more expensive items that might not be worth the quest!

6. DON'T BE AFRAID TO QUIT QUESTS! (suggested by @megamisama90)
If you can't find an item for a specific quests or it's out of your budget, don't be afraid to restart the quest! You can try again in an hour, and it's sometimes better to wait that hour than spend more time waiting for the item(s) you need to show up.

A general rule of thumb: If you're only missing one of two items, post on a quest thread and wait 1-2 hours, after that, it's safer to quit. If you're missing BOTH items and/or one of them is expensive, quit right away and wait the hour.

7. BLOCK OUT TIME FOR QUESTS
If you successfully finish a quest, another one will be available in 5 minutes-- this means that if you're lucky, you can finish 15+ quests across all the quest givers in an hour, but this can only be done if you dedicate time for questing!!

8. BE AWARE OF THE RISKS!
As much as questing is fun, be aware that you may not get the creature you want from the VEND machine! There's no guarantee as the creature you will get is random, and so you might need to try a few times before you get one you want! Quests take time, EC and luck!

That's all I have for now, feel free to add more tips below so I can add them here! (I'll credit you)

Happy questing!! 😊

(note to mod: wasn't sure what forum to put this in, so feel free to move it if needed!)

@vibrancy
@wild_wonders
@pouncessoftly
@megamisama90

Female
371 posts

megamisama90 • 7 February 2020 at 2:55 PM

@chapus2009
For those who don't know I'd add that you can, if you don't have the right items, stop the quest you're doing rather than wait for 12h to try again. It will take 1h to do that quest again. 😊

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 7 February 2020 at 3:04 PM

@megamisama90

Yes! I personally feel that if an item is too difficult to find, or too expensive for your budget, it's definitely worth it to cancel and just wait an hour. You can always do other quests in the meantime. 😊

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 7 February 2020 at 3:35 PM

@megamisama90 @raccoon oOh, good idea!! B) I'll add it in~

IS IT WORTH IT....? A LIST OF MORE EXPENSIVE QUEST ITEMS:
(Note: This is currently a work in progress!)
(Note: All items listed here are above 14 000 EC retail price!)
(Note: Please use the CTRL + F command and type in the name of the item to find it more easily!)

Baked Bun (Baked Goods):
WIP....

Going Global (Travels):
- Ajani Asteroid (18 888 EC)
- Ark Bay (14 376 EC)
- Ark City Sewers (13 478 EC)
- Brown Stone Mountains (18 239 EC)
- Crest of Greenthanon Forest (23 092 EC)
- FairyWorld (26 291 EC)
- Farmland (14 384 EC)
- Firestorm Skies (19 001 EC)
- Goldentree Meadows (32 767 EC)
- Newland Castle (89 381 EC)
- Orange Grove (23 847 EC)
- Park Bench In Ark City (23 878 EC)
- PKS 1101+348 (98 878 EC)
- The Moontops (18 131 EC)
- The Mysterious Asteroid (22 772 EC)
- The Northen Deserts (23 866 EC)
- The Shipyard Docks (14 381 EC)
- Underwater Coral Reefs (26 268 EC)

Gourmand Quests (Food):
WIP...

Miserable Meltdown (Ice Cream):
WIP...

Speed Reading (Books):
WIP...

Toybox Quests (Toys):
- Sparkling Diamond Wind-Up Macbot (15 435 EC)

Female
493 posts

pouncessoftly • 7 February 2020 at 3:37 PM

@chapus2009
Very nice guide!! Well written, clearly tells how to go about questing - great job! 😊

@megamisama90
I agree completely, if you can't find an item anywhere (or its super expensive!) quit the quest. The hour penalty is a pain, but its better than continuing to try and search for the item, and there's still 5 other quest givers you can be working on. 😊

One suggestion I'd have, set a limit on what you're willing to spend on an item. Personally, mine is under 10k. There are quite a few very expensive travels, and Manjul is mean! xD One prime example is PKS 1101+384 travel with a whopping price of 98,878 EC from the shop. And yes, I've been asked for it several times. 😋

A final tip I've found when haggling - 10% off is very rarely refused. So if it's 1068, offer 1058 - or if its 3330, offer 3300. It will definitely add up over time. ❤️ The vend machine is refusing to give me a Foo, and I'm working on my 14th (or is it 15th? I'm actually thinking 15th ... ) try for one. *sighs* I'm beginning to think EC doesn't want me to have a Foo xD *shakes fist* 😉

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 7 February 2020 at 4:49 PM

@pouncessoftly Thank you!! ;v; And I'll add those little tips!! uvu Best of luck with the Foo!! ToT

1,478 posts

arcana • 7 February 2020 at 6:28 PM

@chapus2009
Although it really depends on how much EC you have, I'd reccomend actually going to the EC shops first if you have money to burn. Its really likely(especially when you need so many tokens) that you'll be asked for that item again, or even several times. If it is there, then you can save the one in your strongroom for another quest. I would hate to finish one quest with an item from my strongroom that's currently available and cheap in a shop, and then turn around and be unable to finish another because of it.

Also would really love a guide for the excessively expensive travels/other items so that I can quickly recognize that I need to quit the quest!(Goldentree Meadows, Ajani Asteroid, FairyWorld, PKS, etc)

My spending cap is usually around 10k per quest, although I might go 15k depending on what kind of quest it is. My overall budget is... Well, just make sure you have like 100-200k on hand. Getting into quests is the hard part. After that, it's smoother sailing.

When I want to get into questing, I usually visit the shop in question and buy one of each item in stock and buy one of each new item when it restocks. After doing this several times(spending so much money in the process though) I'm usually set. After that, I do it again occasionally just restock. It also helps to remember ones you have had trouble with/ran out of and stock up on those.

Normally, I always ask friends as a last resort/if user shop prices are too high. I also don't want to bother them as much, and chances are they aren't on. Although some people always seem to be on...

Some quests are easier. (In my experience)
Miserable Meltdown is the easiest, with only one (usually cheap too!) item. I would say get into quests by trying out your strategies here.
Baked Bun and Gormand are sort of equal in difficulty, with items that can be either pretty cheap or mildly expensive.
Going Global and Speed Reading are probably the hardest, both with items that often get overpriced and are still expensive even in EC shops.
I can't really place Toybox, but I'd guess mid tier?

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 9 February 2020 at 4:19 PM

@arcana Interesting!! And yes, a guide like that would be very useful... x.x Might add one here!! I'll intergrate your tips into the post. uvu