Battle Skies [ALWAYS OPEN]

in Roleplaying

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 30 May 2020 at 8:35 AM

Napoleon came out of his room and said, "My name is Napoleon, the raven is Lafayette and the blue jay is Clementine." His face was serious. "Now if you excuse me."

Napoleon flaps his wings and flies towards the crow and the hummingbird, perching next to them.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 30 May 2020 at 8:38 AM

Cain flinched as Napoleon sat beside him, he hated being so close to others he didn’t know. He scowled and moved aside a bit.

Nala looked to Napoleon,
“Hello! What’s your name?”
She asked, politely.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 30 May 2020 at 8:39 AM

"My name is Napoleon." He said warmly. "Care to tell me why you were eavesdropping?"

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 30 May 2020 at 8:42 AM

Cain batted Nala out of the way easily and stared into Napoleon’s eyes,
“Eavesdropping? We weren’t eavesdropping. Do you have anything against us sitting here?”

Nala opened her beak to speak but knew it wasn’t a good idea so shut it again.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 30 May 2020 at 8:43 AM

Napoleon's eyes widened. "I did not mean to offend you. I was under the assumption that you two were eavesdropping." He clarifies.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 30 May 2020 at 8:46 AM

Cain opened his wings and stood tall, he was ready to attack Napoleon, as he would usually if he didn’t like something someone said or didn’t like them in general, before Nala flew over and batted him in the face.

Nala glared at him,
“Calm down, you don’t always have to fight everyone you know.”

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 30 May 2020 at 8:48 AM

Napoleon tenses, claws tightening on the branch. He stops when he heard a loud crack. "There's a blizzard." He warns them. "It is best for you two to stay at the Inn."

Napoleon dips his head in respect and flies back to Nieve's nest. "What was that about?" Clementine asks. Napoleon gives her a smile and says. "Nothing for you to worry about."

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 30 May 2020 at 8:51 AM

Cain narrowed his eyes,
“I can survive a blizzard, I don’t need you to tell me what to do.”
He said, as Napoleon flew away.
“Come on Nala, we don’t need to be here anymore. We’re clearly unwanted.

Nala laughed,
“No. You’re the unwanted one here, you nearly ripped the feathers off him just then.”

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 30 May 2020 at 8:52 AM

"Ooh, Clementine! I love that name! Sweet, like the fruit," Piffy giggled.

Nieve was temporarily startled by Napoleon's sudden appearance but left him to investigate the spies.
"Well, make yourself comfortable, guys. We don't have much fresh food but there is some dried in storage or nuts and berries, if that's what you fancy," she offered. "Other than that, the only thing here that I am never short on would be books or little gadgets i've collected and traded if one of you would like to look at that. Or, i also have a few minor pieces of clothing and blankets if it gets too chilly for ya."

Crusoe snorted behind her. Obviously he just wanted the night to be over and see them leave.
Looking back over to where Napoleon had flown to see the two figures, Nieve noticed the snowfall getting to be harder and only guessed that she might have to make room for two more guests. Although she overheard Napoleon's suggestion to stay at the Inn, she worried the Inn would be closed by now. She had the most acute hearing, so eavesdropping for her is unavoidable.

The nest would be packed tonight. She couldn't remember a time where there had been more people than just her and her kind grandmother. She brushed the thought away and braced herself, imagining Crusoe as a ticking bomb.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 30 May 2020 at 8:56 AM

Nala whimpered,
“Cain I’m cold, there really is a blizzard.”
She said.

Cain sighed,
“It’s not that cold. We can find somewhere to sleep soon just wait.”
He said, allowing Nala to bury herself in his feathers.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 30 May 2020 at 9:11 AM

Clementine gestured the young Puffin to her lute. "So, do you have any favourite songs?" She asked.

Lafayette was on his and Napoleon's shared room. He arranged some of his things in a certain way. Napoleon found himself looking at Crusoe. "I'm sorry if we intruded your home." He apologies.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 30 May 2020 at 9:12 AM

Crusoe abruptly hopped to his feet.
"That's it. I'm gonna be on watch. Holler if ya need me," he announces. "Oh, and this isn't my home. It's Nieve's. Had it been mine, you would've vanished by now." Shooting one last glare at Napoleon, he swooped into the snowy night.

Nieve flinched. "So sorry for his rudeness. He takes awhile to defrost, if you know what I mean. But no worries, you guys are welcome to stay here." She smiled warmly.

She hoped Crusoe would not see the duo on the perch outside. But that hope was futile as Crusoe had the sharpest eyes, he can spot anything from a mile away. She also felt sorry for whatever tiny avian buzzed next to the crow, for her tiny squeaky voice had confirmed Nieve's guess that the blizzard would not treat them well.

And from what she heard, the crow was not friendly and a bit too prideful.
Two ticking bombs were worse than one.

Unless she could diffuse them. Besides, that little one was going to freeze solid soon if she didn't speak up.
Sighing, she left Piffy to request a song from Clementine and hopped outside, pausing to see where Crusoe would go.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 30 May 2020 at 9:14 AM

Crow wrapped his wing around Nala to keep her warm and looked up into the sky, the snow falling onto his beak and decorating his feathers with small white spots.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 30 May 2020 at 9:15 AM

"Wait!" Napoleon shuddered. He didn't like it when someone gets angry at him. Did he do something wrong? Out of pure instinct, he followed Crusoe. "Hey, what did I do?!" He asks the hawk.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 30 May 2020 at 9:18 AM

Nieve called out after the falcon.
"Napoleon! It's okay, just give him some time. He'll thaw out. It's freezing out there. You'll turn into a snowflake before you catch up."

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 30 May 2020 at 9:20 AM

Reluctantly, Napoleon retreats back to Nieve's nest. Tears started to well up in his eyes. Oh, if his parents were here they would scold him harshly.

"Napoleon, you okay?" Clementine asks, concern in her eyes.

"Yeah, I'm okay." He lied.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 30 May 2020 at 9:24 AM

Nala looked up at Cain. She pecked some of the snowflakes off his wing and dug a small hole in the ground. She knew Cain wasn’t going anywhere after what Napoleon said as he’d want to annoy him now, so she lined the hole with small leaves and sat in there for warmth.

Cain looked down at her and smirked. He wasn’t cold, yet, so he wasn’t moving anywhere for a while. Anyway, Nala seemed comfy where she was and didn’t want to make her move.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 30 May 2020 at 9:27 AM

Nieve quickly collected a warm scarf from a basket into her talon and flew over to meet the two avians on the perch.

She glided silently to them, and landing on the branch, she threw the scarf over the little avian, which she recognized as a hummingbird.

"Here," she says softly. "Wrap up. You'll need this. And please, come inside. You can't stay out here." She whispers pleadingly.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 30 May 2020 at 9:31 AM

Nala looked up at her, she immediately felt warm, not on the outside, but the inside. She smiled and looked up at Cain, but her smile faded as she saw the slight jealousy and anger in his eyes.

Cain looked at Nieve, then at Nala.
“Go if you want Nala. I’m staying out here.”
He said.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 30 May 2020 at 9:32 AM

Lafayette was busy sketching the outline of his new invention in a piece of paper. He was too busy that he didn't notice Napoleon and Clementine enter the room.

Clementine placed her lute right next to her nest bed. "Good night big brothers." She mutters softly before drifting asleep. "You should rest, Laf." Napoleon stated.

"Not yet."

"You can finish tomorrow."

With a hesitant sigh, Lafayette rolls the piece of paper and places inside the parcel. He reluctantly goes to his nest bed. Before shutting his eyes, Napoleon could hear Lafayette mutter. "Night, love"

Napoleon sighs deeply and exits the room.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 30 May 2020 at 9:42 AM

Nieve sported a worried look as she took in the crow's response.
She addressed the hummingbird.

"Well, um, Nala, is it? I know you want to stay with your friend, and you most absolutely can. But I'm if you stay here, you will be stuck here for all eternity as a statue. Come in, please, just for the night. Your friend can continue out here for the whole blizzard if he would like, I'm sure he can withstand it. But I highly doubt that it would be very good manners of me to leave you out here." she pleads.

Nieve then narrows her eyes at the crow.
"And I don't think your friend wants you frozen, either."

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 30 May 2020 at 9:44 AM

Napoleon watches Nieve interact with the crow and the hummingbird. He hates it when his instincts take over him. Sure the crow would manage to wound him, but Napoleon knows that his speed and attacks could kill the Corvid.

He is after all a Peregrine falcon—a force to be reckoned with.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 30 May 2020 at 9:56 AM

Oblivious to all these events, Crusoe soars up higher and higher into the night sky, muttering to himself.
So foolish, he thought. To let some strangers in on a stormy night and just trust them.

He circled above the sector where Nieve's hollow was.
I should've just chased him away when I had the chance...

He dove in swirls.
But he seems okay, i guess. I mean, just youngsters on an adventure right?

He let the wind drift him to the current.
I mean, when I was their age, I would've done the same.

He finally turned back to return for rest at the nest.
I'll see what I can do. But, they'd better leave by midday tomorrow.

He grimaced. He hated losing a fight, but he wished more than anything to please Nieve and Piff so he begrudgingly decided to be somewhat kinder to the falcon and his friends.
Somewhat.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 30 May 2020 at 10:02 AM

Napoleon looks at Crusoe apologetically once he had arrived. "I'm sorry if me and—no. If I upset you." He averts his gaze to the hawk.

I'm pretty sure this hawk has first seen the first soft and shy bird of prey

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 30 May 2020 at 10:02 AM

Nala flew up and looked at Cain,
"I can't stay out here, I will come back to you tomorrow."
She said

Cain sighed sadly,
"I'll wait for you Nala."
He felt like he would lose Nala to these other birds if he let her go. Then he'd be left with no friends. He'd stay there until morning and make her leave them.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 30 May 2020 at 10:25 AM

Crusoe was indeed surprised at Napoleon's response.

"No, that's ok, dude. I should apologize. I just, i dunno, got spooked at having to be around so many avians, i guess," Crusoe offers. He looks around and says, "Where's Nieve?"

"Right here," Nieve responds, landing next to him, inviting a cool drift of outside air.
She braced herself as soon as Crusoe's eyes landed on the small buzzing body beside her.

"Well then," he smiles. "I guess you should start charging per night, Niev."

Nieve breathes out a sigh of relief.
"Hah. That's what I get for living so close to a small Inn. Guys, this is Nala. Nala, this is Crusoe, Napoleon, and Piffy. The rest are already asleep, I assume," she adds, noticing the absence of Clementine and Lafayette.

Piffy squeaks delightedly. "I love the colors on your feathers Nala!" She was captured by the iridescent greens, glowing blues and shy purples.

She is feels very privileged to be able to meet so many avians tonight. However, she then gets serious.
"I meant to ask Clementine where their other friend was. Oh, Napoleon! Is your raven friend sick? I didn't hear a peep out of him."

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 30 May 2020 at 10:27 AM

Napoleon was caught off guard by this question. "No. He prefers the company of books rather than other avians."

He gives Piffy a quick smile and scratches his neck.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 30 May 2020 at 10:28 AM

Nala suddenly felt vulnerable with all these other avians around. She’d grown up around only Cain her whole life, and as he was quite hostile, she thought everyone was like that. She didn’t say anything and just took a few steps back towards Cain so he could protect her if anything happened.

Cain stared at the other avians. Nala clearly was unsettled so he put his wing around her to comfort her.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 30 May 2020 at 10:36 AM

Nieve perks up when Napoleon mentions books.
"Well, at least we have something in common. Perhaps he would feel up to some researching tomorrow. I wouldn't mind an extra talon."

She glances towards Nala who backed away, looking very uncomfortable.
"Nala, why don't you come in? If you're hungry, we have some things to snack on. I'd assume you'd prefer berries and nectar as opposed to dried meat?"
She looks at Cain.
"And don't be a stranger, Cain. Come in if you think Nala would feel better with you around. Don't worry Nala, hostileness is the last thing allowed in my hollow," she reassures, shooting a quick glare at Crusoe who lowers his head in shame.

"Now," she continues, "I don't think you'll mind me asking how all of you got here? If you're not tired, that is."

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 30 May 2020 at 10:38 AM

Napoleon ruffles up his feathers and waves his wing. "Hi." He greeted shyly.