Battle Skies [ALWAYS OPEN]

in Roleplaying

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 28 May 2020 at 1:13 AM

Battle Skies

Welcome to Aviare (which is French for "Avian"), a world where avians of all kind live in peace and harmony. It was, until a reckless and highly ambitious vulture named "Scar Face" killed the king of all avians. He and his cronies brought sorrow, fear and destruction to the once glorious world. The faith of this world will remain this way until a group of prophesied heroes will come and save this wonderful world!

*Note:
All of the avians here in this fictional world I created have the intelligence of humans and the world they live in is not medieval.

~Districts/Places~

Kingdom of Winter
This is where avians (like snowy owls, puffins, etc.) inhabit.

The Vast Desert
This is where avians (like vultures, candors, etc.) live.

Kingdom of Corvids
This where avians (like ravens, crows, etc.) live.

The Kingdom of the Little Folk
This is where small avians live.

Kingdom of Predators
This is where most birds of prey live.

The Capital in the Water
The capital is located in between the districts. There is an old and huge tree surrounded by fresh water which serves as some sort of castle or city. Avians of all kind travel here to trade, visit relatives or just to take in the sight. This is currently where Scar Face and his cronies reside.

Character Template:
Name:
Race:
Personality:
District:
Backstory:

Rules:
Keep it PG-13
No Mary or Gary Sues
No killing other people's characters without their permission or knowledge
Only 2-3 characters

Here are my characters I made!

Name: Napoleon
Race: Peregrine Falcon
Personality: At first glance, Napoleon appears to be a frightening bird due to his race. But in reality, he is a shy and sweet bird. He loves listening to stories about what Aviare once was. Despite his nature, he can still kill you. Remember, he's a peregrine falcon.
District: Kingdom of Predators
Backstory: When he once was a little chick, he was bullied by his siblings and received tons of insults from his parents. The reason? He's soft-hearted. This continued everyday until he reached maturity and decided to leave his kingdom and home and explore the world. Along the way, he made two friends, Lafayette and Clementine. Together, the three became unseperable and were like a family.
Trivia: Napoleon is named after a real life and historical figure.

Name: Lafayette
Race: Raven
Personality: Lafayette is a highly intelligent and witty bird. He is after all a raven. He likes reading novels and books. He is a dreamer and sometimes create his own inventions.
District: Kingdom of Corvids
Backstory: Books. Books. And more books. That is probably what Lafayette saw for the first time when he hatched from his egg. His family supports his dream of becoming an inventor. When he was at the age of 16, Lafayette decided to travel the local kingdoms. Before he did, his parents warned him to be careful because of, well, Scar Face's brutal and ruthless warriors. However, he got captured along with a blue jay named Clementine by said warriors and was rescued by Napoleon. The three immediately became friends and decided to travel together.
Trivia: Like Napoleon, Lafayette is named after a real life and historical figure.

Name: Clementine
Race: Blue Jay
Personality: Clementine loves singing songs and ballads. So she's kinda like the bard of the bard of the group. Despite her size, she is feisty and loves a great challenge.
District: The Capital in the Water
Backstory: Clementine was orphaned as a young hatchling. Her parents were killed when Scar Face and his army ransacked the capital. To survive, she stole and conned others. One day, she saw an abandoned lute and decided to play some ballads. Eventually, she earned fame and became wealthy. Desperate, she escaped the capital but was only to be captured by some of Scar Face's warriors in the borders of the Kingdom of the Little Folk. She and Lafayette were soon rescued by Napoleon. Clementine immediately grew close to Napoleon and Lafayette seeing them as brothers she never had.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 28 May 2020 at 10:07 PM

Name: Nieve
Race: Snowy Owl

Personality: Intelligent, mysterious. She loves to stargaze during the snowy nights in her simple nest. She loves reading and gathering knowledge of other cultures, but also enjoys midnight flights and has a habit of searching and collecting mysterious items. She is kind but keeps mostly to herself.

District: Kingdom of Winter

Backstory: Nieve doesn't live with anyone since her grandmother passed away. She was orphaned during the attacks of Scar Face's regime when 10 years old. She features a three-lined scar over her heart, though faint and she doesn't talk about it; its concealed by her regal white feathers and amethyst pendant. Her passtime of scavenging has been her main source of survival as she travels to and from 5 districts weekly to trade for neccesities. However, she avoids the Capital at all costs and when not trading she is found in the Winter, exploring or spending what little time she spares with her best friends, Crusoe the Red-tailed Hawk and Piffy the Puffin. They met Napoleon's gang on one of Napoleon's adventures in the Winter.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 28 May 2020 at 10:25 PM

@starfire_nebula you're accepted! And how about when we start the rp, Nieve and her group of friends will encounter Napoleon and his group of friends.(?)

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 29 May 2020 at 5:32 AM

@thelaizywolf2019
yup! sounds good! c:

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 29 May 2020 at 8:49 AM

@starfire_nebula, wanna start?

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 29 May 2020 at 9:01 AM

@thelaizywolf2019
okie thats fine

only, can we wait just a little more? so i can post the other two....

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 29 May 2020 at 9:03 AM

@starfire_nebula, sure!

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 29 May 2020 at 9:17 AM

Name: Crusoe
Race: Red-tailed Hawk

Personality: Crusoe is somewhat independent, and a freelancer. He seems tough at times, given his scarring adolescenthood. He enjoys going on solo hunts and can be very charming on a good day, but only warms up to his friends.

District:The Kingdom of Winter

Backstory :Crusoe was drafted by Scar Face's army at age 12, however, he managed to escape that horrible cause. He has several battle-inflicted scars prominently displayed on his wings, but unlike Nieve he doesn't mind them. Although these scars have actually helped his appearance. Many female avians would call him very attractive, but he doesn't use that to his advantage and doesn't mind it either. He often does odd jobs to sustain himself, but is never seen in one place at a time. Since Scar Face's attacks and the loss of his family, he left his home in the Kingdom of Predators and bounces between places, never staying in one spot. That is, until he discovered the Kingdom of Winter and managed to stay there, unnoticed. He also secretly admires Nieve, mainly for the way she takes such good care of Piffy and of course, her beauty. However, Nieve herself goes largely unaware of this, not being the romantic kind so Crusoe keeps it to himself and treats her like a good friend.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 29 May 2020 at 9:19 AM

@starfire_nebula, Crusoe the Red Tailed Hawk is accepted!

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 29 May 2020 at 9:49 AM

Name: Piffy
Race: Puffin

Personality: Piffy is very...energetic.. and...outspoken. She never fears to speak her mind, her squawking usually leading to trouble. However her honesty and positivity are well admired so she never thought of changing her attitude. She almost never seems to get tired and is always hunger for adventure. She is still learning how to fly correctly but she is very agile on foot and prefers to hop around.

District: The Kingdom of Winter

Backstory: Piffy wasn't even an egg when Scar Face came into power, but she still suffers its effects as everyone else. Her mother had died when Piffy was still an egg, leaving the nest to her father. Piffy loved her dad, and they'd often go on simple adventures together and he'd teach her the flying basics when she was old enough. Then one day, when Piffy was 5, her dad never came back from fishing. She waited for him, the days turning into months and a year, even under the care of an aunt and uncle she knew in her heart he didn't just leave and would come back for her. Her aunt and uncle, now burdened with a chick, did not know the basics of parenthood so they'd often leave her alone for long nights and although they didn't hate her, they don't quite give her the attention she needs. Looking for a babysitter, they'd found Nieve and she took Piffy under her wing ever since. More often than not, Piffy would spend days with Nieve in the small nest but felt the love she needed since her dad's disappearance. After meeting Crusoe, he'd resumed her flight lessons, completing the nourishment she craved. To this day, she keeps having faith that her father would return, and Piffy is unseparable from the last connection he has to him: a tattered and worn yarn doll, in the shape of a little puffin.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 29 May 2020 at 9:53 AM

@starfire_nebula, okay Piffy the Puffin is accepted, now let's start!

Napoleon and his group decided to rest in an Inn in the Kingdom of Winter. Clementine played some ballads with that lute of hers. "One day she'll get in trouble." Lafayette stated. "Yep, I could feel it in my feathers." Napoleon replied with a soft chuckle.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 29 May 2020 at 10:52 AM

There's a blizzard coming, thought Nieve as she soared above the Frozen Forest. She gave up on hunting for the day, not having caught anything, and circled back to her perch. During today's flight she noticed a trio waltz into one of the Inns closest to her nest. They definitely weren't from here, and probably could use a warning of the incoming blizzard. Perhaps the bartender would alert them. He seemed genuine. Anyway, she couldn't be distracted with stranded travelers while she had to find a way to get dinner. Piffy's aunt and uncle had, not surprisingly, gotten stuck in the Kingdom of Corvids having a fancy dinner themselves and were too tired to travel back. Now, Nieve collected Piffy from their spacious nest and both hunkered down in Nieve's hollow for a cold, snowy night. They would have to resort to the dried food stored in the little nook and stay satisfied until midday tomorrow.
"Nieve, can you read me the story of Corvin?" Piffy's eyes sparkled in the little light the crescent moon gave her.

Nieve sighed. "Alright. But please try to sleep this time," she answered, offering a weak smile.
Piffy snuggled up against Nieve's wing and buried her beak in Puffy, her little puffin doll brother.

Nieve started, not needing to pull out the worn book from the shelf. "Once there was a crow, Corvin Crow, that meandered the lanes of Corvid. She was warm at heart, kind to those suffering, always helping the needy. Until one day, her mischievous side got her into trouble..."

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 29 May 2020 at 11:22 AM

When Clementine finished her song she looked back at her companions. "So how was my singing?" She asked them both. Napoleon and Lafayette glanced at each other and replied in unison: "Horrible.."

They laughed when Clementine gave them a shock look. "How could you!" She spat. "Do you know how much I practiced?!" Her voice was so loud that a nearby avian screeched in surprise. "Lower your voice, Clementine." Lafayette chided. "You scared that poor avian."

Clementine sighed and instead decided to play another song.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 29 May 2020 at 11:35 AM

@thelaizywolf2019
I’d love to join, can there only be one of each species like just one crow and one owl ect.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 29 May 2020 at 11:43 AM

@galaxyleopard, yep

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 29 May 2020 at 11:53 AM

Okay

Name: Cain
Race: Crow
Personality: Dangerous and daring, he has little fears and is often the most feared one in groups. He doesn’t like to make friends, though he’s been friends with Nala ( below ) since he was born, as he’d rather be alone in most cases.
District: Kingdom Of Corvids
Backstory: He’s been training to fight and hunt since he was a little chick as he’s always wanted to be the strongest bird alive. He was abandoned as a chick but it never scarred him as it would most others, the anger just pushed him on. Since, he’s been bad at understanding others feelings but has always been good at resolving and breaking up fights.

Name: Nala
Race: Hummingbird
Personality: Loyal and protective, though her size tends to push her back. She sticks around her childhood friend Cain ( above ) for protection and she always feels safe. She struggles to make friends because she feels intimidated by other birds who are in most cases larger than her.
District: Kingdom Of The Small Folk
Backstory: Since a chick, she has been friends with Cain as her parents helped care for him when he was abandoned. She lived a happy childhood with her family and single friend, oblivious to the dangers of the world until her parents died and she had to fend for herself.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 29 May 2020 at 12:09 PM

@galaxyleopard, you're accepted!

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 29 May 2020 at 12:14 PM

Great!

Cain looked down at Nala and sighed, he stopped walking and looked around for something to do. He opened his wings and stretched them, gently batting Nala out of the way.

Nala tumbled to the ground and looked up, she pecked Cains foot and flew up to the nearest ledge where she perched to clean her feathers.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 29 May 2020 at 9:33 PM

"It's a nice place, yeah?" Lafayette asked Napoleon. "Yep, it is." He replied.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 29 May 2020 at 9:50 PM

Nieve gazed beyond her hollow, at the stars above. She recognized the constellations as she whispered the rest of the fairy tale to Piffy.

"And so it was, that Corvin learned her lesson..." she droned quietly. Ursa Major and Minor, Cassiopeia, Leo...
"So she promised herself to never get carried away again with another misadventure....." Orion, Andromeda, Pisces...
"And she lived content and happy in peacefulness for the rest of her days." Aries, Taurus, and Cygnus.

Nieve yawned and adjusted her wing to a more comfortable position, relieved to find Piffy fast asleep. She slowly lowered her eyes and waited for sleep to wash over her.....
THUD!

Nieve jerked awake, any hope of sleep fleeing and on high alert. She focused her eyes on the avian before her. He was big, he was intimidating, he was....

He was just Crusoe. And covered in snow at that.

Nieve then got more annoyed then anything, and her exasperation only grew as she sensed Piffy stirring.

She glared at him. "Don't you have any consideration of privacy before you burst into my hollow?" she hissed.
"Now you better find a way to put her back to sleep," Nieve adds, motioning to the awakening chick.

Crusoe just chuckled, making Nieve more angry. "Calm down, Niev. Its a blizzard night, everyone stays up late on blizzard nights."

Piffy takes in the scene before her and then rushes to hug Crusoe. "I'm so happy you made it! I was afraid it would be just us," she whined.

Nieve rolls her eyes. "That makes one of us."
Crusoe scooped Piffy up and perched her on his shoulder.
"So, who are we gonna battle tonight, Piff? The evil Dr. McGander? Lord Pengo?"

Piffy scrunches her face and growls with the deepest voice she can manage, "No. Tonight we defeat Scar Face once and for all!" She tumbles down from on top of him and has a fit of giggles.
"Ugh. Fine, if you two want to be up until the wee hours, so be it. I'm heading to my study," Nieve announces.

Crusoe calls out after her. "You're supposed to be the night owl!"
Nieve scowls in reply and hops down into her study nook.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 29 May 2020 at 10:02 PM

Napoleon notices some chattering in a nest near the Inn, so he tells his friends he will be going somewhere and leaves the Inn.

He stretches his wings and flies towards there. "Good evening." Napoleon greeted, bowing. "Is it safe to travel in the night? I heard there was blizzard, can you confirm that?"

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 29 May 2020 at 10:25 PM

Crusoe had the imaginary evil Scar Face right where he wanted him, about to deliver the final blow when he heard a voice at the entrance.
Piffy hopped over to receive the stranger, but Crusoe pushed her behind his wing.

He mustered up his gruffy voice and stared down at the falcon in the doorway.

"Well, lookee here. You don't get a hotshot birdie around these parts very often," he growls.
"Well, unless you count me," he adds with a wink to Piffy, making her giggle.
He turns to address the avian.

"Well, i'm not sure if I'm right, but I believe the blizzard is just starting. But its not like its a sure guess, you know. After all, this isn't the Kingdom of Winter." He smirks.

Piffy interrupts Crusoe's rude comment. "Yeah! Its gonna get worse pretty soon. Why don't you join us? Its pretty cold and icy to travel for someone, you know, like you, in the middle of the night. We have plenty of room to nest stranded souls," she squeaks.

Crusoe is about to argue when Nieve meanders in from her study.

"Crusoe? What's going on? Who's that?" She notices the figure looming in the snowy darkness.

Crusoe crosses his wings. "It's no one," he says, glaring at the peregrine. "He's just leaving."
Piffy starts to plead with Nieve.
"But, he can't leave! Its gonna snow real hard and he's not a winter avian! Please, let him stay, just tonight!"

Nieve strolls forward to inspect the newcomer. "Stranded in a blizzard, you say? Not surprised. I should've told you before you settled in that inn. I guess perhaps you can stay..."

Crusoe cuts her off. "Absolutely not! Its already a small hollow, you can't just let strangers wander in and out as they please! They should've done a bit of research before deciding to stay in Winter for a night," he spat.

Nieve kept looking from Piffy's pleading eyes and Crusoe's annoyed glare. She sighed. "As much as I agree with Crusoe, I'd hate to be cold-hearted. I mean, its not his fault that of all nights tonight was going to snow him in."
She peered at the falcon. "So do you wanna come in or not? Better hurry. You're gonna freeze to the perch."

Crusoe harrumphs and stalks off to the corner, not waiting for an answer and clearly not amused that his cozy night was interrupted by some dum youngster on a whim.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 29 May 2020 at 10:37 PM

Napoleon mutters a 'thank you' to her and flies back to the Inn. When he returns, he brought Lafayette and Clementine. "Wow, this looks cozy!" Clementine observes, she a strum a string from her lute. "This will do." Lafayette stated.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 30 May 2020 at 4:19 AM

Cain scowled and flew away from Nala in search of something to do. He noticed a few others talking and perched nearby to watch.

Nala flew after Cain, though due to her size she was much slower, and sat beside him and followed his gaze to the other birds. She flew closer to watch.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 30 May 2020 at 6:55 AM

Nieve ruffled around a few items in the den to make room for the trio.
Even more annoyed at the intruders, Crusoe ignored them and inspected the bookshelf.
Piffy hugged Puffy close and observed the guests before turning to the Blue Jay and asking, "I loved that little note! Can you play more?" She waited expectantly.

Now she's never gonna get sleep, thought Nieve, before chuckling and brushing the thought away. It's been awhile since Piffy made any new friends.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 30 May 2020 at 7:07 AM

Clementine smiles at the Puffin and starts to play a song.

Lafayette and Napoleon head towards their rooms and settled in.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 30 May 2020 at 7:25 AM

Piffy's eyes sparkled with delight as she jiggled to the tune. She twisted and twirled and swang with Puffy all around the den.

She then collapsed in a heap, exhausted. "That was so nice! What's your name? I'm Piffy! And this is Puffy," she states, gesturing to her doll.

Nieve adds, "And I'm Nieve." She smiled before turning to Crusoe.
"And that ol' grumpy butt is Crusoe."

Crusoe did not look amused.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 30 May 2020 at 7:35 AM

Cain looked away from them and back at Nala,
“What do you want to do now Nala? I’m not in the mood to speak to them”
He said, gesturing at the puffin and others.

Nala sighed,
“You can’t live your life away from others.”
She said, flying toward him.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 30 May 2020 at 7:44 AM

Before the blue jay can respond, Nieve glances past her and notices a small body buzzing around a larger one, on a perch a little way from the hollow.
A bug maybe? She's never seen such a small thing, it was smaller than Piffy.

Oh boy, she thought, I wonder how many people we are gonna meet before its time to sleep.

She glanced at Crusoe, who was mumbling something under his breath.
And how much more annoyances Crusoe can take...

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 30 May 2020 at 7:59 AM

Nala perched on Cain’s head and looked around, before noticing Nieve watching them. She looked down at Cain,
“Look, were being watched.”
She said quietly.

Cain rolled his eyes,
“I don’t care, go meet them if you want, I’m staying right here.”

Nala shook her head and sighed.