Battle Skies [ALWAYS OPEN]

in Roleplaying

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 2 June 2020 at 9:29 AM

Nieve turns to Nala who had sat down.
"Nala, I think I have some leather scraps we can fashion into some armor. Whaddya say? If you can help us by stitching, that'd be great! Perhaps to start off small, can you sow a small sheath for Clementine? That way she has a small pouch to hold her lute."

Nieve digs around in a basket full of yearn, leather, and thread.
"Here, I have some thread here, as well as the leather. Clementine, what color would you like the thread?"

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 2 June 2020 at 9:37 AM

Nala nodded, she wanted to be helpful in some way. She flew over to the basket to look at what they had.
“Wow, all this is really cool! I’d love to help!”
She said, happily.

Cain sighed and led down in the snow that was still slightly deep from the blizzard. He cleaned his feathers and watched his surroundings for prey.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 2 June 2020 at 8:23 PM

Clementine was silent for a while. "I prefer the colours grey and white. We need to be stealthy right? Also yes, I know some lullabies."

Napoleon looked surprised. "What? That-That-I could do that?"

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 2 June 2020 at 9:29 PM

"Alright then," Nieve agreed with Clementine's choice.
"Gray and white it is. Nala, you can go ahead and start stitching if you want. And Napoleon, I believe in you. With enough practice, you'll be the fastest avain out there, nothing but a blur. I'd suggest to start small, perhaps making a few rounds around this sector and Crusoe can time you. Then, you can build your way up to finally reaching the outpost."

Crusoe snapped his attention to Nieve when she mentioned he would be the one to help Napoleon, he wanted to scowl, but he knew he pretty much deserved it and he owed the kid anyway.

Nieve added, "Now, before everyone gathers their stuff to start their training and prep, how about lunch?"

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 2 June 2020 at 9:37 PM

Lafayette nods in agreement. "Yep, I'm pretty sure we're all starving!"

Napoleon gulps. He never had someone help him train before.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 3 June 2020 at 3:35 AM

Nala nodded,
“Sure! I’m starving!”
She said loudly. She quickly dug out the grey and white threads and the leather so she could start straight away after lunch.

Cain stretched his wings and huddled up in the snow. He didn’t know what he was still doing there, but he didn’t have anything else to do so had no intention in leaving until he could get Nala back.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 3 June 2020 at 7:27 AM

Lafayette hurriedly returned his blueprints to his satchel back at his room, Clementine, for some reason, played a ballad and Napoleon patiently waiting for the food.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 5 June 2020 at 8:26 AM

Nieve set the table with leftover vole meat and an impressive array of berries and flowers for vegetarians.
"Alright everybody, enjoy."

She didn't eat herself, instead leaving her portion to Piffy and flew out to the perch to watch. She observed Cain, still huddled in the snow outside, and wondered how in the world they were going to help him. He was more stubborn than Crusoe ever was.

She sighed, imagining all the ways the conversation could go wrong, and glided over to him. Her pendant swayed in the breeze.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 5 June 2020 at 8:35 AM

Lafayette and Clementine eagerly ate the food while Napoleon just stared at them and smiles.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 5 June 2020 at 1:23 PM

Nala happily ate a few of the smaller berries, wondering if it was a good idea to take any out to Cain.

Cain noticed he was being watched and sighed, turning his head to Nieve,
“What do you want?”
He asked, he felt partially frozen and not in the mood to try and be intimidating.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 5 June 2020 at 7:22 PM

"Hey," Nieve replies softly. "I was wondering just how exhilarating it must be sitting outside alone watching your only friend eat and laugh merrily inside."

She shifts her weight to one talon.
"Although I don't think she's enjoying it as much as she would with you there too," she adds.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 5 June 2020 at 10:14 PM

Napoleon ate a piece of vole and decides and notices Nieve talking to the crow.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 6 June 2020 at 9:12 AM

Cain sighed,
“I don’t want to. Nala can do as she wishes, if she wanted to be with me, she’d come out here and sit with me but she hasn’t. Don’t worry, I’ll leave soon anyway.”
He replied, looking across the snow covered land.

Nala ate her fill then sat back and took in her surroundings for a bit.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 6 June 2020 at 12:35 PM

Nieve snorted.
"Well, buddy. I can tell you one thing, but you're not going to like it."

Nieve turned to gaze sternly at the crow.
"Nala does want to be with you. But, she wants to be happy as well, making new friends. Just because she's making new friends doesn't mean she's going to forget you. You, on the other hand, only want her as a friend. Being friends with someone doesn't mean they just have to be with you. If you think like that, then you're basically saying that you own them, and if they don't follow you all the time, then you can't be friends. That's kinda selfish."

Nieve sighed and her gaze softened.
"She wants you to be happy as well. Yes, we've all had bad experiences meeting new people. But that doesn't mean everyone is out to harm you. Being extremely distrustful of others is exactly what Scar Face wants. Being like that won't ever unite anybody and we might as well give up on trying to overthrow this horrible regime. And i'm sure you're worried for Nala's safety, but everyone will be alright. We are carefully planning this through, and doing lots of training and preparation. Of course, some of us might not actually have to battle, because we all have different talents. That's why we need you. You can help us in so many ways, and doing that will make Nala even happier."

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 6 June 2020 at 12:46 PM

Cain looked away, he knew what she was saying was true, but didn’t want to believe any of it. He looked around him, at the snow and cold and sighed before glaring up at Nieve,
“How can I help then? What can I be useful for?”
He snarled.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 7 June 2020 at 7:48 AM

Crusoe leaned back, belching after his nice meal. He looked around for Nieve and noticed her outside speaking to that grumpy crow. He made a slight movement to fly over, but he stayed put.
She'll figure it out.

Nieve took in Cain's words.
"Well," she began, "you can help us with whatever you want. It's not about being useful, because that sounds like you're only helping because of what we can get from you. Whatever you choose to do to prepare for our missions is the best help you can give. There's lots of stuff to train in: better hunting abilities, stealth and agility, battle moves."
Nieve paused.

She couldn't really give a straight answer because so far, Cain had been the most secluded so she wasn't sure what he was particularly interested in or talented at. So she can let him decide. Unless.... there was one thing.

"Well, if you really want to help, come in and meet the others or at least aknowledge them with a nod or something. We will be discussing our first mission as of soon. I suppose you've had breakfast already?"
Nieve stretched her winge and lifted up into the air, starting towards the nest.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 7 June 2020 at 8:15 AM

"Hey..." Napoleon nudges Crusoe. "You okay? You seemed to be spacing out.."

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 7 June 2020 at 11:08 AM

Cain sighed, he wasn’t doing good sitting outside,
“Fine.”
He spat,
“I’ll come in and help. Only because I want to protect my friend.”
He said.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 7 June 2020 at 5:53 PM

Crusoe responds to Napoleon's nudge with a scowl.
"I'm fine," he says, rather coldly.

He checks himself and softens his attitude a bit.
"Well," he starts, striding over to Nieve's gadget chest and pulling out an old stopwatch.
"We better start training now, shall we Speedster?"

He sprouts a wicked grin.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 7 June 2020 at 7:57 PM

Napoleon gulps and shyly nods in agreement. "Okay. Lead the way." He replies softly.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 8 June 2020 at 3:37 AM

Cain flew up to the nest and peered inside, as he spotted Nala, he walked in and sat beside her silently.

Nala squealed with delight,
“You came! You did!”

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 8 June 2020 at 7:29 AM

Clementine and Lafayette gives Napoleon some encouragement. To be honest, he needed it and after that Napoleon followed Crusoe.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 10 June 2020 at 11:43 AM

Nieve smiled as she saw Nala trembling with delight.
She sure was happy that she was able to work that out.
She turns to Lafayette and sighs.
"Well, now that everyone is going to start working, would you like to show me what you're thinking of working on?"

Meanwhile, Crusoe had stepped outside and stretched his wings, closing his eyes and feeling the current of the wind. He was glad it was calming him because he sure needed a lot of patience so he wouldn't blow up with this.... training he was going to do.
He addresses the falcon, who seemed pretty nervous as he stepped out.

"So, first things first. I need you to fly over the Winter to the outpost and back as fast as you possibly can. I will time you, and we'll see how much we need to work on to get to 10 minutes. Make sure you are as hidden as possible. We don't want any of Scar Face's buddies making a surprise visit again."

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 10 June 2020 at 12:35 PM

Cain sat down and allowed Nala to perch on his head so she had a good view point.

Nala looked at the basket of material and wondered if she should start, but she waited for Cain to settle in before she asked him for help.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 10 June 2020 at 8:32 PM

Napoleon nodded timidly and flew over to the outpost stealthily. He came back in only 9 minutes.

Lafayette nods in agreement and said. "Mind if I start at your "lab".." There was grin on his face making Clementine roll her eyes.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 12 June 2020 at 4:01 PM

Nieve leads Lafayette to the study that housed all sorts of bits and pieces for gadgets.
Meanwhile, Crusoe fought to keep himself from looking stunned at the falcon's incredible speed.
He cleared his throat.
"Well, um. Exceptional work, kid. Now we want to make sure that this is a speed you can maintain, and not just because you had a burst of energy. Go ahead, redo the course as many times as you can, but don't overwork yourself. Tomorrow is another day, and I will have some surprises in store for you. That way you have speed and agility."
He stopped and noticed Piff gaping in amazement at Napoleon. He stiffened, being used to people admiring him. He brushed off what feelings of jealousy he had and rest the timer,

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 16 June 2020 at 6:29 AM

(Sorry, that I didn't reply for a while

Napoleon nods in agreement and starts practicing. The second try he came back in no less than 8 minutes, the third he came back at 9 minutes again and the last he came back at 5 minutes.

Lafayette starts to build the armour claw-by-claw.

Clementine practiced singing in low and high tones.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 18 June 2020 at 8:20 PM

Crusoe whistled at the young falcon.
"Well, wasn't I right when I thought you were a hotshot. Well, since you're so good, rest up. Do what you want to, tomorrow I guarantee will be a lot tougher. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna hunt a bit for dinner. Feel free to follow or stay, I don't care."

With that, he went back inside, plopping the stopwatch on the table next to Nieve, excused himself, and stretched his wings.

Before he could leave, Nieve called out.
"Where do you think you're going? Piff needs her lessons," she announced.

Piffy looked like she was going to protest, but then remember the deal.
Grumbling, she hopped behind Crusoe.

Nieve then turned back to her bookshelf.
"Ok, let's see here, I should have some more blueprints around here somewhere," she muttered to herself.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 18 June 2020 at 8:25 PM

Napoleon spoke up. "I could teach her, if you want.." Lafayette smiles when he finishes making the armour. Clementine finishes her song.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 18 June 2020 at 8:41 PM

(ah im glad the rp ain't dead yet.... been busy XP)
Crusoe turns to Napoleon.
"Could you? Thanks so much. I'd love to teach the feathered bundle but, I also want dinner."

Crusoe nodded to Nieve, and flew off.

Piffy's eyes sparkled.
She couldn't wait to have a new trainer!