Mellia: Creature Suggestion

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Which Mellia color scheme looks better?

124 posts

crystalshard • 8 September 2020 at 9:02 PM

So this is my first creature suggestion. I was a bit unsure about what the color scheme should be, so I have two of them here (opinions are appreciated). Otherwise, I hope you like it!

Mellia Picture
First color scheme (purple): https://ibb.co/gZW7CTk
Second color scheme (red): https://ibb.co/K2Q2b6s

Mellia Description
At the beginning, due to their taste, Mellias were the choice prey for many predators. These creatures were even on the verge of extinction. However, it wasn't known when, but during sometime Mellias were found to have gemstones embedded in their foreheads and poisonous flowers growing along their body. Using its new innate defense, predators no longer dared to eat Mellia, and the Mellia population slowly recovered. Through investigation, the SARC has found that these gemstones allow the Mellia to grow poisonous flowers along their backs and ears without being poisoned themselves. There are many theories about where the Mellia first obtained its gemstones, however nothing has been confirmed.

Mellia eggs
Mellia eggs do not possess flowers when they are born, only gemstones. Therefore, the mother will often leave her eggs upon patches of poisonous flowers, allowing the flowers to grow upon the Mellia eggs and newborns.

Starting pings
@pegasasu
@prairie
@iia
@chihiro_sang

#creaturesuggestion
Sidenote: I'm alright with the creature description being modified/changed

325 posts

chihiro_sang • 8 September 2020 at 9:17 PM

I think it's cool. It could work as an Easter or valentines critter or it's own creature.

Pings
@pipkitten
@noman15

Female
2,157 posts

prairie • 8 September 2020 at 9:36 PM

@crystalshard
I really love the 1st color combo (purple), I think it'd be an AMAZING April/Spring creature. ❤️ Really rooting for it!

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 9 September 2020 at 12:33 AM

@crystalshard I like the red one! Great job. 😊

124 posts

crystalshard • 9 September 2020 at 1:06 PM

@chihiro_sang I didn't really have any holiday specifically in mind, but yeah I can see it being used for one (or perhaps for a general month). Also, thanks for the pings! 😊

@prairie @yogurt The purple one was actually the first one I drew, until I had a moment of inspiration and thought that dark red and silver would look good together. A bit of a sidenote, but lol the votes for each are tied. I was a bit unsure, but I decided to add in a poll to see which one people prefer more (I guess a bit for my own curiosity as well). I'm glad you like it and thanks for the support 😊

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 11 September 2020 at 9:51 AM

@crystalshard omg so cute!!!

The yellow and purple one kind of reminds me of Cresselia from Pokemon but I love it! Great job ❤️

Non-binary
1,094 posts

distorted • 12 September 2020 at 5:51 PM

@crystalshard OMGA thatz so cute! I ❤️ them!
I agree with @ chihiro_sang. the purple should be Easter and red should be valentines

Female
396 posts

redflipflap • 14 September 2020 at 5:22 PM

The purple one has such good easter vibes honestly ❤️

Deleted • 14 September 2020 at 10:54 PM

@crystalshard i love the purple color!

124 posts

crystalshard • 15 September 2020 at 10:25 AM

@distorted @redflipflap @hellobeautiful Thank you! There seems to be some Easter related Mellia preference here 😸

@pegasasu The pink and yellow are somewhat similar in hue. Maybe I should've given the bunny blue eyes to match the blue on Cresselia 😊

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 18 September 2020 at 3:25 PM

I prefer the purple personally ❤️

Deleted • 9 August 2021 at 6:16 PM

@crystalshard love the first one with purple

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 9 August 2021 at 11:42 PM

@crystalshard I personally love the purple one more! Great job! Your art is amazing 😱

Female
97 posts

amberwater • 12 April 2022 at 11:00 AM

@crystalshard I like the red combo one! It looks super cute ^ ^

Gender Nonconforming
233 posts

dibabeebees • 12 August 2023 at 3:56 AM

I personally ADORE the purple one! Its a beautiful design, good job!

2,010 posts

opalquinze • 13 August 2023 at 6:44 PM

this is such a cute design! the yellow/purple scheme is my fav, but the red is very close!

(sorry if i don’t have a lot to say, i’m terrible with words)

Female
1,135 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 13 August 2023 at 11:58 PM

omg I absolutely love this, both colour schemes are so cute! I can't decide which one I like more ^^;

Female
178 posts

pastelrabbit • 17 August 2023 at 9:56 AM

I love the design of this creature! (I think the purple colour scheme could work for Easter, the red one could be fitting for Valentine’s) Though I think the purple colour scheme is my favourite out of the two! ❤️

183 posts

noman15 • 17 August 2023 at 2:34 PM

I like this idea, you could make it related to the unhemn with the precious stones as a defense.

Female
248 posts

amethyst_elf448 • 17 August 2023 at 3:21 PM

Ahh I love this idea! The creature's description is really interesting and the art is so cute ❤️

325 posts

chihiro_sang • 19 August 2023 at 2:27 PM

This creature seems really interesting, and there has been a gemstone theme before.

Female
2,787 posts

jlya • 19 August 2023 at 4:10 PM

@crystalshard
Aw, it's so CUTE ❤️ It's hard to decide between the two designs but I think the purple is the best. Look at those cute little polka dots on the bows ^^ I adore how the red makes the ear bows and the whole creature stand out though. Definitely rooting for this one either way! ❤️

Female
2,460 posts

ida92 • 18 September 2023 at 6:42 AM

@crystalshard It's cute! I can't decide though which colour scheme I like more. 😊 The purple seems more delicate and romantic while the red looks more "dark magic-ey". I would be happy with either!

Non-binary
1,458 posts

provo7demons • 18 September 2023 at 9:36 AM

I love this! I think I like the purple a little more, but they're both wonderful!!