Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 10 November 2022 at 11:20 PM

Hi @ian ❤️ I would backflip for you if this gets made jk haha @redflipflap

Gender Fluid
14 posts

nellymoose118 • 11 November 2022 at 12:17 AM

@redflipflap Oh my gosh they're so freaking adorable!! ❤️ ❤️
I need it in the cave asap so I can hoard them they're so cuuute!

Male
297 posts

dragiigy • 11 November 2022 at 1:31 AM

Well done 😊

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 13 November 2022 at 5:55 PM

@raindrops thank you for your kind words ❤️ I'd love to see my flat boy put into existence some day.

@nocutenameforme bring on the egg-hoard!!

@mysterious_person please do not eat him ;A; (though he might be considered a delicacy in some parts of the world~)

@nellymoose118 I'm so glad you like it!! I'd also want to hoard an army of these dudes :')

@dragiigy tysm!!

WHEW that was a lot of pings. And now for some random ones!!! ❤️

Random Pings~
@calenlass
@kediset
@autumnal

Female
179 posts

twilightshine • 13 November 2022 at 6:59 PM

Woah :0
I love these ❤️ especially the little brown fried sections on it, the details are awesome!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 13 November 2022 at 8:13 PM

I'm surprised this hasn't been made an eggcave creature yet, especially since we have a sea-creature themed month every year.

I love how stealthy it is fitting in.

(Another part of my brain think it reminds me of the [Name of local chain of Restaurants that went away in 2018]-monsters I used to pretend were a thing. They'd skuttle across the floor, leaving their greasy trails, and the cooks would hit them with a spatula before frying them up.
-not that I'd eat the Sunniflat ^^ )

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 13 November 2022 at 10:47 PM

@redflipflap YES ITS A YES FROM ME

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 13 November 2022 at 11:05 PM

@twilightshine tysm!! I love his lil crunchy edges too 🥹

@snowywinter hang on comrade, I’m gonna need more information on this, please and thanks 😂👀

@dragrawr que the golden buzzer-

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 13 November 2022 at 11:18 PM

@redflipflap : D

not sure how much info I have to give on the situation. *thinking*

[redacted - Ohhh... red probab means the egg cave thing and not the restaurant...]

I'm still kinda newish to the site, but both last year and this year on the same month they had sea creatures. (And I think several years past too. Looking through the blog archives one can see if there's patterns, but it takes a while.)
Maybe it was October. Which I always thought was weird... until i joined another pet site recently and that's when they release sea pets too, and there's a whole pirate theme... and then I realized how old school that is - a callback to when Talk Like a Pirate Day/Week was REALLY popular and practically the whole internet went nutz

Hopefully someone else can confirm the October thing or get the correct month pinned down.

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 13 November 2022 at 11:33 PM

@snowywinter omg I was actually curious about the restaurant thing 😅

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 14 November 2022 at 12:41 AM

@redflipflap

Well... The chain (there were 3 or 4 of them) was a staple in our community. no matter how awful the food got, we still clung to the very last one until the property was sold to a national drugstore. it was a (so-cheesy it was cool) faux authentic Southwest gritty Saloon themed place. A greezy (gotta emphasize the Z sound there. because it was GREEEEEEEEASY) spoon in the tru sense of the word. Fly in the soup - too bad. Oh, sorry there was only one. Cigarette ashes? We're going to have to charge extra for those; that's a specialty garnish. (Order a glass of water so you could wash your own utensils... or take them to the bathroom.)
If you swore at the staff, they'd swear right back - and the managers would laugh at you if you complained about it.
And yes... people would still choose this place for prom dates, graduation, etc. The one on my side of the river was family so much my parents could trust the waitstaff to watch me when I was younger, and when i got older did things like go to the movies with them. This was the kind of place where the locals knew each other so well you'd have about 5- 15 tables table-hopping on any given moment- to all talk to each other, gossip, catch up on the latest. When waitstaff came out with your order, ya pretty much flagged them down.

It was the only place open 24 hours with anything remotely edible for many many miles. The next 24 hour place to eat is well over 1/2 hour away. And they usually want you to eat and get out. This chain didn't care how long you stayed so long as you ordered something, anything. It was our community gathering place.

Had to paint that picture first.
There *were* things that actually moved there. *shudder* - builds character - or immunity. Who knows all the stories we told ourselves - but we ate there - and lived to tell the tale.
Sometime in my 20's I started craving breakfast sandwiches again. And not eating fast food, one turns to restaurants. Restaurants having *real* food don't make things picture perfect. Most don't anyhow. Then you have the atmosphere of a place like *this* ...*laughing* Presentable is the last word one would use to describe it... Almost nothing that came from those kitchens would be Insta-worthy. (*Maybe* their banana-splits, nachos, or taco salads. Those were pretty amazing.)
When I started getting sick from processed eggs, one of the waitresses suggested fried eggs.
The way they turned out here, by whatever methods the cooks used made the eggs look like they had tentacles. There would even be skittering sounds from inside the (to-go)box. (And tentacle monsters were taking the internet by storm. They were in just about every aspect of internet life back then. It was hard to go anywhere online without some reference to it. - Wasn't hard for the imagination to run with it.)
It was a mouthful to say all the words. And it just got shortened to "[name of restaurant]-monster-sandwich".
And no... they couldn't be birthed at any other restaurant. They don't just magically come from eggs. That place had a special kind of magic, and they only spawned from the filth there. It's said that even the rats feared the eggy monsters.

(of course the cooks wouldn't fear them. They didn't fear the customers after all - just very wisely avoided them. lol. [redacted for gore comment. - involved a legend of a chef w a knife & a rat.] --- poor chefs - a lot of customers didn't respect boundaries and often went into the back. Usually to check on the status of orders - and boy did they/we witness things. lol.)

Well, there you have it.
it sounds awful... but i have quite fond memories. And miss it all so much.

So yes, while the Sunniflat is a VERY different creature, it still looks similar *enough* to warrant a nostalgic & warm smile.

[To anyone doubting the authenticity - it's not like health inspectors can't be paid off. You weren't here, you have no idea. We all wondered how they never got shut down. But I can almost guarantee the only people that ever filed formal complaints were out-of-towners and people with grudges.]

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 14 November 2022 at 8:15 AM

@snowywinter omg that was heck of a story!! I loved it, thank you for sharing 😊

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 18 November 2022 at 4:52 AM

@redflipflap
looks yummy

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 9 October 2023 at 4:20 PM

@ Eggcave team

*holding up a stereo a la Breakfast Club style* Don't youuuu forget about meeeee ♪♪♪ Don't, don't, don't, don't ♪♪♪ don't you, forget about me ♪♪♪

Non-binary
1,423 posts

provo7demons • 9 October 2023 at 8:37 PM

@redflipflap I LOVE this so much!!! What an adorable little guy! I need this to get added, I need to fill my cove with them ❤️

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 9 October 2023 at 8:44 PM

@provo7demons thank you!!! I hope to see him become a reality one day

random pings: @sorrow @okami @ladyheathen @5eggs79

9 posts

ladyheathen • 9 October 2023 at 10:10 PM

@redflipflap 😊 nice

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 10 October 2023 at 12:13 AM

@redflipflap
I love this little guy! as a mermaid i get to hangout with stingrays all day and let me tell you, that description is pretty darn accurate. i hope he gets made!

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 11 October 2023 at 6:26 PM

@redflipflap
Omg it’s an egg! I love goofy and cute creature suggestions! I would hoard like 10 of these in my cove! 💕

Non-binary
82 posts

renfri • 12 October 2023 at 10:03 AM

OH THIS IS ADORABLE! 😊

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 12 October 2023 at 3:08 PM

@sorrow THANK YOU!!! ❤️

@pastelrabbit how do we not have more egg creatures in eggcave tbh?? XD

@renfri ty!!!!

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 12 October 2023 at 3:24 PM

@redflipflap I know right! We need more egg creatures on egg cave! Also I was thinking perhaps since this lil’ guy is so silly that perhaps he could be a April fools creature? Or an Easter creature, since Easter=eggs

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 12 October 2023 at 3:32 PM

@pastelrabbit I will take any and all 😂

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 12 October 2023 at 3:37 PM

@redflipflap if this doesn’t happen I think I’ll never recover

Female
2,736 posts

jlya • 13 October 2023 at 2:04 PM

@redflipflap
Oh my gosh I don't know how I missed this but it's a freaking manta ray fried egg and I LOVE IT SO MUCH ❤️ ❤️ This is so original, fantastic work 😃
We need a food themed month!

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 3 November 2023 at 4:58 PM

@redflipflap I super badly need this to exist what a good lil egg creature I would die for that sunniflat.
The description is too cute and relatable.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 3 November 2023 at 5:12 PM

NEED.

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 3 November 2023 at 5:17 PM

@poe the good news is: he would also die for you, bc he's just that caring ❤️ (but thank you for your kind words omg i love this goofy flat fella and im so honored that y'all love him too)

@bunnyshadow YOU AND ME BOTH BESTIE

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 8 November 2023 at 3:27 PM

I would devour these eggy lil bad boys.

Female
1,147 posts

valorieviolet • 8 November 2023 at 3:30 PM

Yooo, this is kinda... yummy looking o.o

I love food themed creatures and this is just brilliant ❤️