Missing Icons and Slow Page Loading..

in Problems & Bugs

Deleted • 14 February 2022 at 4:49 AM

So, I've had this problem for a while.. but once I switched from using Incognito mode, it worked perfectly.

But now, all the icons are gone again and the pages take about 30 seconds to load individually. I've tried other browsers but it takes.. even longer to just load the "Login" page.

So, I'm wondering if this is a problem with my browser settings or just the site itself.. I've checked my settings and I'm pretty sure I don't have anything blocked, yet this issue occurs.

Icons such as the ping function, in "My Creatures" page the whole row of naming function, travel removal and star arrangement are gone. Just the small icons are gone, but if it's a button I can still use it.

The slow page response is frustrating though..

Do any of the other users face this problem too?

Female
471 posts

sandara • 14 February 2022 at 6:59 PM

Yep, I was thinking it was my Internet 'cause I had some problems with it some days ago.

My pages are loading pretty normal, but some creature images are not loading properly, every time I load a page the images that are not loading are different than the last time 😋

Deleted • 14 February 2022 at 7:04 PM

@sandara Are you able to click the ping function on forums? ..I'm unable to rename my creatures too.

Female
471 posts

sandara • 14 February 2022 at 7:07 PM

@laylamocha
Yes, my only problem is the loading images, that appear as an icon and not as the actual image.

And I now noticed that the pages are a little slow too.

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 14 February 2022 at 7:58 PM

@laylamocha
@sandara

Well my feeding has slowed down cause pages are loading up slow too. I think there are alot of activity on the site to where it's lagging big time.

Female
471 posts

sandara • 14 February 2022 at 8:05 PM

@jirachiwishmaker

May be that, it's happening since yesterday (I think), there was a lot of activity too because of Double Feeding Day.

Deleted • 14 February 2022 at 8:09 PM

@sandara
@jirachiwishmaker

How slow has it gotten for you both? Mine ranges from 20-30 seconds at a good time.. and 40-50 seconds when it doesn't feel like it 😋

Female
471 posts

sandara • 14 February 2022 at 8:20 PM

@laylamocha
😱 It may be because of my 600Mb Internet, but mine is only 5 seconds at most.

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 14 February 2022 at 10:08 PM

@laylamocha

40-50 seconds and it's probably the time when everyone else started feeding more so...This only happens during events for me tho.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 14 February 2022 at 11:02 PM

@laylamocha @sandara @jirachiwishmaker

Think of the internet like a highway. You have everyone wanting to connect to the website server at the end of the highway and that's where all of the information comes from.

With events, there are so many people trying to load things at the same time which causes a bit of traffic, hence why things are going a bit slow during peak hours.

This is not your fault. At all. It's not anyone's fault.

You just need to wait for everything to load or refresh the page if it does not load and your internet speed will help you load pages faster and your cached files will help too. If the problem is only EggCave then it is a server issue and not a you issue.

Female
471 posts

sandara • 15 February 2022 at 8:51 AM

@mastergemma
Thanks for replying, looks like everything is back to normal now 😊

Or almost XD

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 15 February 2022 at 11:20 AM

@sandara
This and the Halloween event usually causes some delay in pages loading. The other events usually aren't as bad. Good to hear that things are working better now.

Please comment here again if things get worse or if you start getting errors from pages.

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 18 February 2022 at 12:40 PM

@mastergemma

hey gemma, all my creature images are gone. I completely understand about the loading issues, heavy traffic and all, but I cleared my cache and everything. Can't see any creatures still, lol. Don't know if it needs reporting, but I figured I might just let y'all know.

Female
471 posts

sandara • 18 February 2022 at 12:43 PM

For me too, but the images load at some times and some times not 😋

Edit: 19 Fev, everything is back to normal
Edit2: Or not... XD

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 18 February 2022 at 1:59 PM

@mastergemma

I get no lag issue but images won't load from my cove or profile image :/

Female
3,800 posts

sparklefox • 18 February 2022 at 7:46 PM

I've been getting some occasional lag here and there, though it's a fairly rare occurrence for me (but that might just be because of the hours I tend to be active at). Haven't personally noticed any icons failing to load, just creature images. Don't know if it's purely just coincidental, but I've noticed that the broken images seem to be worse during later afternoon / evening hours. The site seems to be fine when I'm checking in during early morning.

Currently haven't noticed any lag today, and some broken creature images here and there on profile. Kinda just assumed it was just on my end at first, since my computer tends to get grumpy when loading larger coves.