[Updated] Butterfly Wing Cosutumes ?

in General

original poll closed (Multiple answers allowed.)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 24 June 2022 at 1:59 AM

UPDATE: Turns out this IS an Issue. Moderators are moving this up the chain of command 😊

UPDATE #2: Staff / Ian have quickly fixed the issue! 😃
We should start seeing these in the shop soon.

- - - - - - -

These are supposed to be restocking in the Trinket Travels shop, but has anyone actually seen them besides in the blog?

Please take the poll : )
(and help figure out if this may be a 'problem/bug' / 'oops, someone forgot to add it' issue)

1 - Have not seen them in the shop, but haven't been looking too hard
2 - Have Not seen them in the shop and have been in there every chance I get/ smashing that Refresh button
3 - I have seen one/some (anywhere for sale)
4 - I was able to BUY one/some!

- - - - - - - - - - -

Poll results
(Will make a new one later if need be.)

1 nope 1 vote 25%
2 NONE 3 votes 75%
4 JACKPOT! 0 votes 0%
3 elusive like a yeti... or was it a chupacabra? 0 votes 0%

Pings @heatherm19 @sparklefox @ratqueen @wonder404exe @murmur

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 24 June 2022 at 2:02 AM

I haven't seen *any*, not in any user's shops or up for trade/auction and not in Trinket Travels. I literally sit at the shop refreshing and am there *right* when it restocks, at least a dozen times a day, and nothing. I'm seeing other people putting up trades asking for them, but so far I haven't seen anyone who actually *has* any.

Is it normal for a new trinket travel to be *this* rare? I mean, even the travels labeled "virtually unobtainable" I at least see every so often.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 24 June 2022 at 2:05 AM

@heatherm19

Nope, not usual for them to be *this* rare. Not having 1/2 a month pass with no sightings.
Not able to obtain because other people are quicker, sure... that's a thing.

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 24 June 2022 at 8:54 AM

@snowywinter @heatherm19

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

You are correct, there appears to be none of these Travels actually in circulation at the moment and I am unsure as to why (the lowest rarity among them is 78).

I’ve made @Ian aware of this for his input.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 24 June 2022 at 11:50 AM

@Meteoroid
Wow, that was quick! I wasn't even sure yet if it was in fact an issue. Thank you! ❤️

p.s. If it's not too much trouble could this thread be moved from 'General' to 'Problems & Bugs' ?

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 24 June 2022 at 1:16 PM

@snowywinter @heatherm19 @Meteoroid

You all are right! They were accidentally never released into shops. Fixed.

They will now begin restocking. Thanks for reporting! ❤️

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 24 June 2022 at 1:24 PM

Thanks @Ian! ! ! ❤️

It was @/ratqueen saying to someone else that it has happened before, to spur me into action.

(Though if I had known for sure in this case, I would have submitted a ticket.)

You all handled this so quickly even though I was still in the info gathering stage. lol

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 24 June 2022 at 1:25 PM

Yay! So glad to see it was fixed.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 24 June 2022 at 2:06 PM

@snowywinter @heatherm19 yeah, if you ever have suspicion that something actually hasn't been released, please submit a message! 😊 Sometimes it happens because we do have to manually set a time for when the item is released, and it can be missed (because we're human).

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 24 June 2022 at 11:32 PM

Okay I just have to ask, are they actually showing up now? @snowywinter Have you seen any in Trinket Travels yet? (I'm stalking Trinket and also checking the newest trades and user-store inventory, still haven't seen any, just want to make sure it's all fixed now....)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 24 June 2022 at 11:41 PM

@heatherm19 I haven't seen any today, but I'm not feeling well and have been distracted as well as busy. I haven't been getting there right at the turn-over most times. I was going to give it at least a week before I felt something was up (there's thousands of travels... it could take a few days to come into rotation.)
I'd say give it 3 - 4 days at least before we say "Hey Ian, it's not fixed!" (One time I wanted a specific, non-rare travel that had been out for a few years. It took it about a week before me and three friends were able to get any.)

mini-update: for what it's worth I did get in 4 hours of refreshing to within 15 seconds (usually under) (even seeing the elusive 15 Minutes once. lol) and I did Not see any.

- - - -

later in the day comment:
😑😒😔 That feeling when the Trinket shop stocks about 15-20 different wing travels at once, but not THEE wing costumes. It feels like the shop is mocking us. Wendy, thanks for trying to be helpful... but... NOT helpful. 😖
Yeah, that happened to me during those four hours and it's still sitting with me. *eye twitching as there's a couple regular wingies in there rn*