šŸ¾Budgie's Creature Pricing Guide Take 2šŸ¾

in General

What do you think of me updating budgies guide

Female
2,105 posts

cranberrycat1 • 6 October 2022 at 4:45 PM

i have seen the foo still be really expensive in the trade center and since it is still really popular I kept it at 1k cc i originally put it at 700cc but is more popular than most of the creatures that got rereleased in the Vend machine @/sapphire12 will update the cc creature monthly prices now

Edit: updated please let me know if i missed anything

Female
893 posts

murfijs • 17 October 2022 at 6:59 AM

may i ask a question?
how much would my original macaw,unhemn and taigrin and krah be worth? they are not from the oasis so i guess they should be worth more?

Female
2,105 posts

cranberrycat1 • 17 October 2022 at 7:32 AM

I would normally double the price if they are originals but since they are still available I think I would multiply the price by 1.5 to 2 @murfijs but I wouldnā€™t make it too expensive since they are still available at the oasis

It also depends on the user you are selling it too since they might not care about the catch date

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 2 November 2022 at 4:57 PM

@cranberrycat1
Just wanted to say thank you for taking on this massive job! ā¤ļø So very appreciated. I've missed having an accurate estimation guide for a while šŸ˜Š

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 December 2022 at 6:08 PM

@cranberrycat1 reminder to add December (and Nov?) creatures ^^ ā¤ļø

Female
2,105 posts

cranberrycat1 • 1 December 2022 at 6:13 PM

@snowywinter they should already be added

Edit: I double checked they are there can you see if you can see them and let me know

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 December 2022 at 6:17 PM

@cranberrycat1 odd... 2 of 3 that i checked using Ctrl + F had no results. (i.e. leafcock)
(I'll check again and edit post a little later. Something just came up.)

Female
2,105 posts

cranberrycat1 • 1 December 2022 at 6:20 PM

I forgot about leafcock but am sure I have everything else @snowywinter

I have all the monthlies that were released CSP and cave and know the leafcock too

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 December 2022 at 6:57 PM

@cranberrycat1 Ah ha! For some reason my browser was being really picky about me having a space in front of Glaciskal. Usually it doesn't care one way or the other. (And earlier the Linnun, but it didn't care this time. it's being really weird today. not virusy, just quirky. : / *shrug emoji*)

(and when I didn't find the Leafcock by manually searching, nor the Linnun - but I think I over looked the latter - I just assumed a couple could have been missed. oops. Apologies.)

Female
2,896 posts

heatherm19 • 1 December 2022 at 8:01 PM

@cranberrycat1 Hi, thanks again for this updated guide! I've been meaning to mention that it looks like the Kalebas is missing from the list.

Female
2,105 posts

cranberrycat1 • 10 December 2022 at 12:08 PM

@heatherm added I saw this but never got around to add it I added it now sorry about that

Demifluid
1,494 posts

wonder404exe • 19 December 2022 at 12:41 PM

@cranberrycat1
Hi raise the price of Cye and Lazzar please ā¤ļø
Lazzar cost more seeds than Kinump but its worth less? Also lower the price for Kinump too thank you ā¤ļø

Female
2,105 posts

cranberrycat1 • 19 December 2022 at 7:28 PM

@wonder404exe changed the lazzar to 1mil ec and kinump to 750k ec that sound about right to you?

Demifluid
1,494 posts

wonder404exe • 19 December 2022 at 7:33 PM

@cranberrycat1
Sure perhaps higher 100CC< since its also in very high demand, and cye? I see some people pit cye as 100 so its a 50CC - 100

Female
2,105 posts

cranberrycat1 • 19 December 2022 at 7:39 PM

@wonder404exe I bumped the cye and made the lazzar 150 - 200 cc since that is about how much the fangtharp goes for

Demifluid
1,494 posts

wonder404exe • 19 December 2022 at 7:41 PM

@cranberrycat1 tysm ā™„ļø appreciate it

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 26 December 2022 at 7:09 AM

@cranberrycat1
Hiya, I think the 2021 Monthlies might need a bump now as I've had offers for 70k min - even for unpopular ones like Clerig. Luvun especially as I sold one for 75k even back in 2021 šŸ˜Š

Thank you

Female
2,105 posts

cranberrycat1 • 26 December 2022 at 11:14 AM

Ok will update later today Iā€™m a bit busy right know @sapphire12 thanks for pointing it out

edit: updated

90 posts

idol • 22 January 2023 at 9:18 PM

@cranberrycat1

Hi!
I also wanted to thank you on updating the guide.
I just wanted to give my opinion and anyone can correct me if Iā€™m wrong.
But since this is my opinion I would say Iā€™m one of the few people left with an original Clous, Shaibun.

They are some of the oldest egg cave creatures and I can say I would literally never trade them for like less than maybe 10k CC. Which I still think is a little low since original times are still 30k?
I donā€™t really understand how they can be valued less than the Oscoa, nym and random ones like Kringus, Flofbite
They have higher values and apparently had re releases? (Correct me if Iā€™m wrong on that)

But I just think they are so rare I noticed along with the original Onny owners (not me) probably would never trade it for only 3.5 k as well.

Iā€™m not sure what the value for these 3 should be but I think 3.5 k for any is wayyyyyy to low.

What does anyone else think? Does anyone else have either of these pets to give opinions? Thank you so much!

Female
2,105 posts

cranberrycat1 • 22 January 2023 at 9:49 PM

It was just for the rereleases for the originals I would multiply them by 3 times at least

I put the rereleases on here since not many people have the originals on here

If you think the prices for those creatures should be higher than I can update it too be a higher price

@idol

90 posts

idol • 23 January 2023 at 7:50 AM

Oh I was just confused .. maybe not as high as I was saying, I really wanted others peoples opinion on it as well.
Thatā€™s just how I personally felt because I donā€™t ever see any but to be fair Iā€™m not really around all the time anymore. So I forgot some of those could have even had a re re release lol

Thanks so much for your hard work keeping the guide updated!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 23 January 2023 at 8:32 AM

@idol

I see these guides as just that... guides. A starting point. Some people see them as gospel, but I think the guides should just give an average of going rate, excluding the further ends of pricing.
Seeings as the original releases are so rare there's not really much to go off of.

No one would fault anyone for charging more for creatures that mean more to them. (Or less than the going average; who doesn't love sales?!)

Even if a creature were listed as 2000 CC, if someone wanted to say they're not selling it for less than 5000 CC, than that's their prerogative. Someone could argue that would sound crazy, but again it comes down to how an individual does their pricing. Mathematically, inflation, x amount added on per month since release, sentiment, whims. *shrug emoji*
Some people lose interest (or just are feeling generous) and give away creatures with much higher values. While newer players do appreciate that... There's also no cause for Free to cause existing prices to tank.

It would be nice if there was a next to real time index of showed the average price as creatures were bought and sold, but alas that doesn't exist.
(I do agree though some of the value disparities make little sense to me between re-releases and originals, and how some cash shop creatures can be worth less than some monthlies. ...but it comes down to popularity, market whims, and usually sellers giving input and wanting to jack up the price. too often it doesn't work in favor of when something isn't selling... like the P....site alien thing. Was valued at up to 700 CC because it was an Asteroid creature... but good luck selling one for over 200 CC.)
The people running these guides can only make them as close to accurate if enough people give input on pricing... but people rarely chime in. (Too afraid to step on others' toes or get into arguments?)

90 posts

idol • 23 January 2023 at 9:44 PM

- lol thanks for your opinion and not understanding me.

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 31 January 2023 at 8:03 AM

@cranberrycat1

Is the price of the Pu correct? It's a CSP creature from Dec 2019 but it's still at it's original sell price.

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 31 January 2023 at 8:27 AM

@idol

I think there's a difference on the seller's price and the buyer's price maybe?

The fanbase of eggcave since the migration of the neopets people in 2011-2015 (?) Has really decreased. With less people, means less CC going around. From what I see, barely anyone is going to fork out more than 5k for a creature now I think (and I think that's reasonable bc that boom of 15-20k prices is a little insane and isn't sustainable or good for the people especially kids on the site).

I think the only possible buyers for your 30k Clous would be one of those oldies with that much CC stored or trading with 3 x 10k pets (say Balrogs?) and even for 3 Balrogs you'd probably find it a little difficult to part w your Clous xD

People like that would be a rarity on the site nowadays as most of them have left following the announcement of rereleases (some from anger at the fact that they spent so much on the site). It would be quite difficult to find a buyer for your 15-30k Clous now.

Eg. I wouldn't sell my Florn for even 30k but that doesn't mean the price of a Florn is 30k.

However, I wouldn't buy another person's Florn at 10k because I'd rather wait for a refresh at the VEND than spend 100 dollars on one.

I hope that makes sense?

90 posts

idol • 31 January 2023 at 10:37 AM

@sapphire12
@snowywinter

I completely understand that values are different and have gone down but thatā€™s why in my comment I wrote the price update should then be discussed.

As obviously the price would be different because of the amount of people and time and etc I just thought it was a bit silly to be seeing creatures of the same age or newer have more value than others.
Which is part of popularity of course but it just didnā€™t make sense to me a lot of other creature kept similar high value like the anymore but not the clous. (Just as an example. I didnā€™t have time at the moment to sit through every single creature)

And I agree this is a guide but even then like I said I personally feel 3k for a clous is still low. If the guide value says that no one at all will want to offer more and think anyone wanting more is greedy or just wants more because people do value pets based off guide price. And you may say thatā€™s just people but if you DID want to trade a pet and canā€™t because like I said you do have the right to want more for it but you know.

Like if I saw someone trading a nym Iā€™m not gonna offer them 3k to me thatā€™s a bit of lowball offer.
But since the minimum says 4,500 that is what most people would expect at least right?

Or you can easily get short changed for another example
When creatures get re released and the value changes again.
Thatā€™s fine but if the clue isnā€™t known or agreed upon you can make a bad deal.
I made a trade and traded something expensive recently and didnā€™t get as good of a deal as I should because the guide here says certain vend creatures are worth like 1k but others say itā€™s around 200 +.
But with that information of it being from 200-800 would make it not feel like I would have been getting ripped off.
XD

I understand itā€™s a guide I never said I didnā€™t I wanted us to talk about values of some of these pets as a communi Like.. we are supposed to? Cause I was confused by some of these values is all.
And as someone who isnā€™t always here but still has some of these creatures that people do offer on to me all the time.

I just didnā€™t think like a Shaibun is worth 3k when I havenā€™t even sawn one for trade in like 5 years at least.

If that makes sense.

I donā€™t understand what the problem is. XD I thanked Op and just gave my opinion values should just be discussed.

Is that not the point of the thread?
Like I donā€™t know how to be more clear?

I just think as a community some people should also take a look at these and say ā€œdo I really agree this pet is worth thatā€

Thatā€™s all. My goodness.

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 31 January 2023 at 10:54 AM

@idol Sorry if you felt a bit overwhelmed šŸ˜Š I also tried to frame it as a discussion and an update to where eggcave is nowadays.

I personally have given my Clous and Shaibuns away so I dont have them anymore. But the most I would pay for them is 5/6k (nowhere near 10k+) - and that's really really deliberating on it. I think that's fair considering popular older CSPs (Clocat, Onnys) were rereleased at 1-2k CCs.

Of course once I have them they're never leaving my Cove xD

I agree old caves are more expensive because there's no sign of regular rereleases nowadays unlike the CSPs.

90 posts

idol • 31 January 2023 at 11:01 AM

@sapphire12

Yes thank you exactly !^^ā€¦
Like I see you have an olimpt I canā€™t imagine anyone even willing to offer less than 5k for that type of thing you know.
Cause itā€™s like when is the last time you have seen one around?

So I just meant stuff like that should maybe be reconsidered. They are valued less than the re released tine. It just sounds crazy = o to me.

Or how a creature from over a year ago still only has a 600cc value is that normal now?
Is it because trades are slower now? Just seems confusing a bit for me. T.T

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 31 January 2023 at 11:11 AM

@idol
Well that's the thing isn't it. The Olimpt is never UFT in my cove - not even for a mind boggling amount. At that point, I wouldn't suggest a price for it in the general pricing guide because I know I won't sell it lol.

Also after trading for a while, I can say that a price only exists if there is both a seller and buyer willing to buy it for that price. Eg. The Ceryneean last year I could sell for 200 CC easy and this year it's a bit harder to sell it at that price (suggesting it's gone down) due to popularity etc.

I bought a rereleased Tine last year for 2.5k CC I think. Not sure what it is in this guide.

Yes, 600 CC for a creature last year is pretty normal now (considering the ceiling is 1k CC when it rereleases (especially with this voting system now meaning that we can actually ask for it to rerelease) ).

Even with that, you can see that it's quite hard getting it sold (pretty sure there are some Aureias hanging around in the TC for 600 without getting sold.) I normally price CSPs around 600 - 800 CC because of that.

Trades are defo slower because like I said there's less people ^^ .

718 posts

nut • 31 January 2023 at 11:20 AM

idk guys I think guides like this should be taken with a grain of salt anyways, especially for super rare, old creatures that haven't been rereleased like shaibun, olimpt, clous, etc. it's hard to put a super high price on a guide because even though in the seller's mind (me included) we wouldn't sell for under like 10k cc, it's a little wild to be putting in print that buyers should be shelling out equivalent hundreds of USD for a pixel creature. but I think with sentimental value and overall extreme rarity of such creatures, they're basically never traded anyway so the guide values are kind of moot.

not trying to argue against anyone, I feel like everyone above has been saying generally the same thing tbh

tldr: imo, extreme rarity creatures are kind of unpriceable bc they'll never be traded lol