New Gobbler Timer?

in Help & Questions

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 5 November 2022 at 1:29 AM

On the "Find the Gobblers" page, it says, Click on the Gobblers as they appear around Egg Cave! It's guaranteed you will see one Gobbler every 1-3 minutes on the site.

Does that mean ONLY per 1-3 minutes or is that a bonus?

Female
2,806 posts

heatherm19 • 5 November 2022 at 4:21 AM

It means a Gobbler will appear at least every 3 minutes, sometimes less. It's not a bonus, it's a change. Ian announced it in the comments on the blog post: https://eggcave.com/blog/find-the-gobblers-returns-welcome-to-november?page=3

Female
791 posts

icecream • 5 November 2022 at 5:46 AM

I was wondering the same thing about the new timer. In the blog comments Ian said "Itโ€™s randomized between 1 second and 180 seconds (3 min)" Has anyone had gobblers appear only a few seconds between each other? It usually takes around 2-3 minutes between gobblers for me. Sometimes as little as 1.5 minutes, but thatโ€™s rare for me

Female
413 posts

suzanab • 5 November 2022 at 8:18 AM

Usually I count clicks, anywhere from 6 to 15, mostly around 8-10 clicks, so feeding is win-win ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Female
4,593 posts

mastergemma • 5 November 2022 at 11:21 AM

@twilightshine @heatherm19 @icecream @suzanab

A 1 minute flood limit has been implemented, where--at maximum--you can find 1 Gobbler per minute in addition to the maximum time of 3 minutes between Gobblers. After the initial 1 minute from finding a gobble gobble you then have the chance of seeing a gobble gobble within 1 second to 180 seconds.

There may have been a slight editing of the time to 120 seconds (to stay in the 3 minute mark Ian mentioned) but I cannot confirm or deny that.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Happy gobble gobble hunting.

Female
413 posts

suzanab • 5 November 2022 at 1:00 PM

@mastergemma

Now I get it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Slow, but surely, thanks โค๏ธ

Female
62 posts

tehuti88 • 24 November 2022 at 3:01 PM

Is this why I spend a half hour feeding a cove of over 700 eggs to end up with only 15 Gobblers? I need to feed more slowly? :/

I just looked at the blog entry last night to try to figure out why my luck is so poor (I'd come across an account mentioning they found so many Gobblers on the first day that the event needed to be changed), but I only saw stuff about Gobblers being made bigger and more frequent, I didn't see anything about timing. I've been getting kind of frustrated this year.

1,127 posts

hikanu • 24 November 2022 at 5:28 PM

@tehuti88

From my experience. Feeding fast isn't very efficient when it comes to hunting Gobblers, because the amount of time matters, not how many pages you visit. It's more frustrating than anything doing it fast, really, because you feel like you're doing a lot but no Gobblers appear, but that may just be me.

When I look for Gobblers and feed at the same time. I scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, all the way back up using the arrow keys, while scanning the full page for Gobblers. That way I find that Gobblers appear every 10 feedings or so. Sure, feeding takes a whole lot longer doing it that way but since my main goal is looking for Gobblers, and not necessarily feeding, they sort of balance each other out in my opinion.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 24 November 2022 at 10:26 PM

@tehuti88

In addition to what @/hikanu said

I keep the two activities pretty separate. I Gobbler Hunt when i'm busy doing other things, refreshing the Gobbler Found page every so many minutes between activities.

And don't stress about it too much when i'm feeding. (I just don't have time to sit there scrolling up and down the page. ...and they DO have a tendency to be near the bottom of the page most of the time.) When I'm done with about 60 eggs (though they can propagate at 40ish) i take a breath, wait a minute or two, then check the Gobbler/No Gobbler Found page, Then move on to feeding more eggs. ...but more often than not i'll just get through a whole cove and If I see a gobbler I do, if not oh well.

And I DEFINITELY have MUCH better luck catching them on desktop (laptop) than I do mobile (small tablet.) (been keeping it zoomed out to 80% for less scrolling. At 100% sometimes they were hiding off-screen.)

But yes, circling back around, it's more about timing than number of pages clicked.
(If you find one, generally you have at least 30 seconds to feed many eggs quickly.)

15 in half an hour is pretty darn good! ๐Ÿ˜Š (That's one on average every two minutes, and very good at paying attention. I'm happy if I catch one every 5 minutes... i try for every two or three, but have too much going on.)