My First Creature Suggestion: Chipmint 🐿️🍃

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 5 December 2022 at 4:05 PM

@snowywinter
My goodness, your adoration for my Chipmint is really so sweet! :') Thank you again!! I do hope it can get implemented.
I keep imagining it as a floppy plushie stuffed animal and want to sew one of it. *3*

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 December 2022 at 4:38 PM

@daisycat
(Whispers: I'm borderline creeping myself out. I almost feel like I'm stalk*ng this creature. *snorts as my inner monologue misquotes a show* "Take it down about 30% there eh Derpy Wolf?") But I'm glad you find it sweet ^^ < 3 I do truly like it.

If you have any sewing ability you totally should! (And if not, sometimes it's the things we love most that inspire us to push ourselves beyond our normal limits. I once did a whole picture of Invader Zim, creating it one pixel at a time. - i had a way better mouse back then. And motor control.)
I've seen some of the cutest homemade Tooka / Loth Cat toys by the Star Wars fandom, some better than when the official ones were finally released.
I don't know if my friend ever posted pics of hers online, but she made a giant one you could lounge on. ^^ It was so freakin' adorable! (One of my top three favs, and that's not a biased opinion.)

I'd more likely want a polymer figure of this one, but I'll never turn down a plush!
I keep envisioning it in a snowglobe with the "snow" being little chocolate chips, with a few mint leaves. (A 3- 4 inch globe)

Female
123 posts

moonflower • 5 December 2022 at 6:13 PM

@daisycat

Cash Shop Park?! Aww, no fair! If this really became a thing, I wouldn't be able to get one! ;-;

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 5 December 2022 at 7:34 PM

@snowywinter
I do sew! Ooh a giant plush you can lounge on, love that. I love your snowglobe idea. A tiny one... so precious. Making the Chipmint out of clay is also a good idea lol, looking over at my clay all lonely on the table. XD

@moonflower
I'm sure you'd be able to get one! There are lots of ways to obtain CSP creatures on here without buying CC, and there are lots of generous players. 😊 Also, if it's implemented, might not even end up being CSP.

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 11 December 2022 at 12:46 PM

SUPPORT! SUPPORT!

If I get one, I'll call mine chick-mint. (No stealing!) I so want to see this chip minter.

Are we still doing ice cream suggestions to eat? Because I love Talenti Sorbetto. Not heavy, no fillers. Just sorbet.

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 11 December 2022 at 12:47 PM

@poserpanda
Yay thank you!! ❤️
Mmm, I love Talenti! Roman Raspberry is soo good. c:

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 11 December 2022 at 1:29 PM

@daisycat

This is a very cute concept. Your art is gorgeous too!

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 11 December 2022 at 1:31 PM

@xxcouchxx
Thank you so much!! 🥹

87 posts

charchill • 28 December 2022 at 10:14 PM

I'm uh, just going to say I'd really like this to be a real creature...
Hey...where'd my ice cream go(I remember that it was a mint chocolate chip ice cream. It's had a brown thing sticking out of it like a chipmunk's nose)?

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 28 December 2022 at 11:31 PM

@charchill
Thank you! 😊
Be careful, any mint chocolate chip ice cream already belongs to a Chipmint before you can even dream about it... well, that's what they like to think. 😸

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 9 February 2023 at 11:03 PM

With the Creature Suggestion & Fan Art section getting more active all of a sudden (more than I've ever seen it in the 2 years I've been here) I wanted to make sure this idea didn't get buried. It was already pushed to page 3 *waterworks crying emoji*

I'm still hoping the Chipmint becomes a real Eggcave creature. on my mind no less than once a week. I'm not giving up hope on this one. Not sure which I want more, this or some of the re-releases. It's definitely up there among my favorites though. Just under a certain pink fox in my book 😉 If I only had 1000 CC and it came between this and a Raicorn, I'd definitely get the Chipmint ^^. Just sayin')

Sorry I have nothing constructive left to say, but it was darn near perfection to with ^^.

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 9 February 2023 at 11:43 PM

@snowywinter
Awww. :,) Thank you so much again!! I really do appreciate your interest in this. ❤️ I think it could work well as a summer creature, what say you?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 10 February 2023 at 12:21 AM

@daisycat
This winter is already past, (when *I* usually crave icecream), I see a lot of people probably wanting this around July. (But I think July? is our dedicated Space month? *shrug emoji*) I personally see chipmunks and think fall. (crispy fallen leaves, scurrying around to gather acorns.) It would be odd, but maybe August? Right on that cusp.
But honestly with the green, I also think spring. March would actually be a perfect match : P (April is usually Easter focused.)

ooh... i just looked it up and in my state (Great Lakes area) the best time to harvest spearmint is usually July or early August ^^
so if one was making mint chip icecream from scratch like @jlya that's probably the time this little cuties would show up to "forage" for this frozen treat ^^ : D
(I mean harvest seasons are different in all sorts of regions, but it was fun to know I was sort of on track for my region with my original musings.)

And you're welcome! ^^
(I still feel bizarre... like it's *almost* an unhealthy level of obsession over this creature : P
*pictures self in T-shirt & jeans, the T-shirt has the Chipmint on the front, waving a pennant with the Chipmint on it, baseball hat (same), screaming my head off behind the barricade at a parade route* ...Thing is is it's just like some national holiday, and i'm the lone Chipmint nut. : P - Could almost get away w it if it were St. Patty's Day, and the screaming wasn't like a teen at a boyband concert. o.O)

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 10 February 2023 at 1:05 AM

@snowywinter
Yeah I was thinking green could be for St. Patrick's Day, but not a clover in sight on this chippy aaaaaand that seems to be a requirement for March pets lmao. Also, it's very soon after the Smitten, and I feel like other users should get a chance at their suggestions.

Ooh I'm in the GL area too. Well, mint chocolate chip ice cream is definitely more on the peppermint side, not spearmint. :v

Lolol what a picture you have painted in my mind. XD Chipmint Nut 4 Life. X,D

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 10 February 2023 at 7:33 AM

@daisycat Well, there's no clovers on the Lepragon, but you're right. I was lol at the thought of no clovers.
(I was just thinking March in general, not necessarily this March.)

huh... marketing. So used to the packaging colors for each type of mint I forgot that peppermint is actually green too. (I do know that wintergreen is actually a very dark green and has waxy round leaves. ^^)
Learned something new just now though looking it up. Peppermint is a hybrid of spearmint and watermint. (I don't know if I've ever had watermint.)
*waves Hi to GL neighbor* : D

*snicker* #Chipmint4Life #ChipmintNut
O.O !
*learns to make icecream* *learns to make ice cream confections* *perfects technique* *offers up acorn shaped, chocolate shell, mint-chocolate ice cream treats to local Chipmint population*
(like Dibs, but for Chipmints.)

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 24 May 2023 at 11:38 PM

Hoping the Chipmint can make its debut sometime this summer! July, August, or September. My birthday is at the end of summer in September, so that could be special for release. 😌

As far as I know, there is only one chipmunk creature — the Flyen (along with several adorable squirrel creatures). Let's add another one! 🥰

181 posts

noman15 • 27 May 2023 at 6:19 PM

Cool, a ice cream squirrel to go with the hermit crab.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 27 May 2023 at 7:23 PM

@daisycat I still think about this creature so often! ( just haven't had anything to add. Was working on cleaning up my profile and planned on adding a link to this thread... but i ran out of space again >.< )

Don't forget about the Pinkunk! : D Still a delightful cave common. (Even if it is pink.)
Thanks for mentioning the Flyen! I wouldn't have even thought about it. I'm so used to seeing it in the just hatched stage and thought it was a weird dragonfly creature. You made me squint and take a closer look. 'Well I'll be. The last stage is rather cute.' (Maybe the colors are just a bit too saturated to see the 'munk markings all that well?)

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 27 May 2023 at 7:25 PM

@snowywinter
Oh, I view the Pinkunk as a skunk (pink + skunk). I also believe the description mentions the egg being stinky lol. I love them, but they aren't squirrels or chipmunks to me so I didn't include. 😊

You're so sweet to want to put a link in your profile?! ❤️ But that makes me think... the profile has a limit of space?!? 😱 I was always thinking it was endless character allowance! XD

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 27 May 2023 at 7:52 PM

@daisycat

having interacted with both chipmunks and skunks on many occasions, they just look wayyy more like chipmunks to *me*. (Would love to see the original entry on this if there was one. I wonder if the one who named it had fun combining Chipmunk + Skunk. I really feel like that's what they did here.) (And yes, I was well aware of the stinky aspect in their profiles.)

I've wanted to put a link in my profile since you posted this. I told you I AM OBSESSED with the Chipmint. lol. < 3 (If the final artworks is as good as yours, I'm easily spending about 3000 CC on them if they're Cash Shop creatures. - Or I guess I'm going to have to lose sleep and stalk the Cave for a whole month if they're Cave Monthlies... and spend a ton on expansions; because I know I'm going to have a hard time parting with any even if I were to catch 50 >.< )
I've even posted the link on a few people's Walls. random dropping. *innocent whistling, then walking away* (okay, so it's not so random. Friends that went mostly inactive.)
(There is totally a character limit on profiles. 15k 20k 26k? I forget. But it's only about half of what I'd *like* to have available. : P )

Female
2,941 posts

heatherm19 • 27 May 2023 at 7:55 PM

This is still one of the most awesome food-related creature suggestions I've ever seen. I keep looking at the picture and going 'okay the adult is definitely my favorite... awww but wait the baby with it's adorable ice cream hat!!... and the teen chowing down on the ice cream... can't pick a favorite stage!!'

Female
22 posts

phantomenna • 27 May 2023 at 9:10 PM

This is so cute!! I think the idea is perfect and the art of it is just precious! I really hope this gets made into a real creature because I would LOVE it!

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 27 May 2023 at 10:25 PM

@snowywinter
I feel you, it really is the tail (and smelly description) that makes me lean towards skunk (I've interacted with both animals too). x) Even so, the chippy-stripedness always had me wanting to freeze a 2nd stage for my cove, since I collect squirrels (and would like chippies too). But ever since my original Pinkunk from when I joined d i e d, cuz I didn't have a LoV yet and I was still figuring out the game lol, I've been too butthurt to get another or resurrect. XD

@heatherm19
Thank you so much, I'm so glad you like it!! It'll definitely be hard to choose a favorite stage. I am gonna wait to decide on that if it actually gets made. ;D

@phantomenna
Aww thank you!! I really appreciate that! Hopefully it can make its debut sometime this summer to cool Egg Cave down. c:

Female
2,413 posts

ida92 • 31 May 2023 at 3:10 AM

@daisycat What a cool creature! (hehe, pun intended) It actually reminded me of pistacio ice cream (my favourite)! Maybe this creature has a pistacio ice-cream cousin? I'd love one or two for my cove. 😊

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 31 May 2023 at 11:01 AM

@ida92
Thank you so much! 😊 Mm, I do actually prefer pistachio over mint. c:

Female
93 posts

astralrebel • 3 June 2023 at 12:08 AM

Honestly this would be a much more fitting summer creature. While I am an "ice cream anytime" proponent, summer and ice cream go hand in hand. I still remember the sheer amount of time spent at ice cream shops when I was a kid in Michigan (0-9 years old). My home town had a few of the kind with a small building selling the ice cream through a window, and then a huge outdoor seating and playground area. Definitely a core memory unlocked. I hope this gets picked for July or August ❤️

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 3 June 2023 at 12:40 AM

@astralrebel
Thank you, Jessi!! I really appreciate your feedback and I'm happy to assist in core memory unlocking! ❤️

Female
166 posts

vivian • 3 June 2023 at 9:02 PM

Oh my goodness, I love this idea!! Such an adorable creature ♡ I always love your creature suggestions, Daisy! I hope this gets selected for July ^^
Mint chip ice cream is one of my fav flavors!! ♡

Other
137 posts

pauloacacio • 6 June 2023 at 5:22 AM

Fantastic idea! 💥

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 9 June 2023 at 2:08 PM

@vivian @pauloacacio
Thank you both so much!! I really appreciate it. 😊