Those paid to expand over original 300 spaces...

in Help & Questions

Female
189 posts

calenlass • 3 January 2023 at 11:33 AM

It was great that the game creators have raised the cove space from 300 to 500 but I would like to enquire about those of us who have PAID to expand our cove spaces before this change was implemented. Shouldn't we have been reimbursed for that extra 200 cove spaces we actually paid for(at an added 200EC for each) or given those 200 cove spaces?

I've asked about this before but have been ignored so it would be great if someone can let those of us who've spent millions of ECs to expand our coves.

At present time, I'm at 1043 creature space and have spent over 29.5mil EC for 743 extra cove spaces, and my next cove purchase is 200EC added to what I paid to get my last cove space. Am I calculating something wrong here...???

Female
189 posts

calenlass • 2 February 2023 at 3:42 AM

I guess no one is interested to read or know about it, huh? @ian ?

Demifluid
1,493 posts

wonder404exe • 2 February 2023 at 3:57 AM

@calenlass i thought they would do smth like idk add 200 free space to ur cove AND og cove space instead of just yanking the 200 space xDi spent not a lot (100k ish) and i feel bad for the 700+ cove space people ;’<

Female
189 posts

calenlass • 3 February 2023 at 3:50 AM

@wonder404exe You would think? And it's not like they're letting us expand cove at no extra charge but no, the 200 EC is still added to every space expanded.

Female
2,374 posts

ida92 • 8 May 2023 at 9:39 AM

@calenlass This still feels kind of unfair to me, even though this update has been added a long time ago. I wish the users who have actually spent all the EC could get it back, even after such a long time.

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 8 May 2023 at 9:44 AM

Agreed. I was pretty bummed. Especially since ec was very hard to get when I was younger! ^^" All that grinding kinda going down the drain.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 18 May 2023 at 3:20 PM

I agree, I think it is unfair as well & users should have been compensated with extra cove spaces or returned EC depending on how much they had spent.

Female
2,893 posts

heatherm19 • 18 May 2023 at 4:30 PM

Completely agree, it felt like all the ec we already spent was just disregarded. What really concerns me about this, though, is the potential for even *more* lost ec in the future. If staff doesn't see this, or consider it a big deal, the next time base cove numbers are increased we will be in the same situation, losing even more ec and feeling like our time and ec was just completely wasted.

I have currently spent 72m ec on expansions for my 2nd side, and that's *after* the change was made. I didn't think to keep a record of what I spent before that. 72 MILLION ec. I've spent a *lot* of time building up ec for that!

@Ian @Orderedchaos @Meteoroid Any thoughts on this?

Female
5,402 posts

Orderedchaos • 18 May 2023 at 5:02 PM

Cove expansions are a way of sinking EC out of the economy, which gives EC its value. Reimbursing people would have injected millions upon millions of EC back into the economy and have completely destabilized it. EC would have been worthless and the economy would have taken years to recover if it ever did. You could kiss goodby to the 100CC:1mil EC ratio.

When you buy things, in a game or real life, you aren't always going to be reimbursed if the price changes. If you buy a video game for $60 you aren't going to get money back when it goes on sale or is given away for free later on. That's just life.

Edit: And if you don't remember, you were compensated. Everyone's current cost of their next cove space (and all spaces going forward) was dropped to what it would be if you had started buying them at 500 spaces instead of 300.