in Chit-Chat

Female
61 posts

maylin09 • 16 July 2023 at 4:40 PM

@twinkle that's so cute I love dogs I mostly draw wolf's idk why tho

Female
2,523 posts

mindassala • 18 July 2023 at 7:16 AM

My favorite thing to draw is a daisy, because it's easy and I'm not an artist! 😊

Female
61 posts

maylin09 • 19 July 2023 at 7:27 AM

Better then me I can barely draw a flower

Gender Fluid
50 posts

skullgirl555 • 23 July 2023 at 8:15 PM

i just draw spooky things

Female
61 posts

maylin09 • 25 July 2023 at 9:21 PM

I like spooky and now that it's July time to start setting up for Halloween lol

Female
1,135 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 17 August 2023 at 12:49 PM

flowers, mostly 😊

Female
61 posts

maylin09 • 18 August 2023 at 9:40 AM

@musical_slytherclaw I try but still fail you must be really talented to be able to draw flowers

Female
1,135 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 18 August 2023 at 11:18 AM

@maylin09 oh no definitely not, just a lot of practice ^^; I'm trying to slowly learn how to draw, I'm a lot better at painting 😊

Female
61 posts

maylin09 • 18 August 2023 at 10:23 PM

@musical_slytherclaw I've only ever painted once and I did a weird looking wolf lol

Female
1,135 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 18 August 2023 at 10:51 PM

@maylin09 I don't do too well with animals lol, I need to study anatomy more - I usually stick to landscapes and flowers and people 😊

Female
61 posts

maylin09 • 19 August 2023 at 3:54 PM

@musical_slytherclaw I mean we all have our strengths and weaknesses in art it just takes a lot of practice I've only been sketching for 2 and a half years in January it'll be 3 years but I am still not good like a professional level

Female
2,760 posts

jlya • 19 August 2023 at 4:15 PM

I love to sketch in hopes that I'll get better at it xD Lately I love drawing trees though because I'm starting to get better at the details. I love drawing the twists of the trunk and the knots of the tree ❀️
I do like to sketch people too, but only from a 2D picture instead of a 3D real person standing in front of me. 😊

Female
1,135 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 19 August 2023 at 9:54 PM

@maylin09 ooh that's a long time! I definitely need more practice ^^;

@jlya that's beautiful, I haven't sketched many trees but now I want to try my hand at it 😊 and I don't like sketching 3D people either lol, I do still lifes but staring at someone creeps me out

Female
61 posts

maylin09 • 19 August 2023 at 9:54 PM

@jlya how long have you been sketching to be able to do trees and people I've been sketching for 2 and a half years and still can't do that you talented πŸ™‡πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ™‡πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ™‡πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ™‡πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ™‡πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

@musical_slytherclaw yes but I still can't figure some stuff out but I also can't sketch alot on a daily cuz I babysit cook and clean for my family so I mostly do it in free time I am thinking of asking my parents to send me to an art school or smth idk yet tho

Female
2,760 posts

jlya • 20 August 2023 at 2:04 PM

@maylin09
I'm still not extremely good, just a lot better than I used to be haha. I'm starting to learn where the light falls and the shading starts when it comes to trees in reality. But I can't do it all the time, I tried to draw one today and it was definitely not my best xD My best drawings usually happen on accident when I'm in a creative mood. I don't draw very often unfortunately, even though I find it so relaxing ❀️

@musical_slytherclaw
Right?? My introvert soul doesn't need to be staring at a real person when I'm trying to recharge xD And real people move around too much, I like to be able to come back after a couple hours and still have the exact same picture to work with.

Female
1,135 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 20 August 2023 at 2:21 PM

@maylin09 I don't get a lot of free time to draw either, I usually do it whenever I'm not busy too. I hope you do go to art school if that what you want, it sounds exciting!

@jlya good point! I spend a lot of time staring at whatever I'm sketching so need it to stay the same. even when I'm drawing still lifes I'll spend a bunch of time making sure I knew what position I was sitting in relative to the scene ^-^

2 posts

taytree • 23 August 2023 at 7:14 PM

I've been trying to get better at drawing people by drawing the dnd party I was part of recently. It's fun and it also makes me really happy, because I really liked the campaign and everyone who played it.

Female
61 posts

maylin09 • 24 August 2023 at 4:15 PM

@Taytree what is dnd? Also props to you if you can even make a person outline cuz that's a whole 10 steps ahead of me lol

2 posts

taytree • 24 August 2023 at 4:23 PM

@maylin09 It stands for dungeons and dragons, it's a tabletop roleplaying game
Also I'm sure drawing people will get easier for you if you keep doing it, practice always helps!

Female
61 posts

maylin09 • 24 August 2023 at 7:13 PM

@taytree idk why I didn't think of that lol my brain is shut off today istg

24 posts

spottledmutt • 2 December 2023 at 12:52 PM

Cartoon animals, anthro and feral! I draw a lot of warrior cat art! Its just really fun

1,558 posts

dragonii • 8 December 2023 at 12:22 AM

I have to admit, I like drawing many things, but i tend to enjoy what ever comes easiest to me (thats usually just what ever i've mostly been studying) right now it's humans, but I've been drawing creatures and animals. but when i don't wanna try and make something good or interesting, I enjoy drawing boxes in different perspectives. 😊

1 post

ameegaree • 25 December 2023 at 12:05 PM

Dogs mostly. Any canines really. Also tend to draw dragons and PokΓ©mon a lot.

Female
228 posts

discordia • 27 December 2023 at 9:58 PM

Freaky abominations and grimdark nonsense in pencil and black ink pens only. Helps give a voice to random subconscious imagery and feels right when drawing it.

Non-binary
45 posts

lifeform42 • 10 January 2024 at 12:34 AM

I really enjoy drawing eyes! I'm not quite sure why, but I think that there's a lot that can be done with them.

Female
61 posts

maylin09 • 23 January 2024 at 11:30 AM

@discordia that's really cool, and i think drawing in pencil and black pens is pretty neat. i tend to draw out the image then go over it with pen or a sharpie just so it wont fade. i haven't quit mastered blending yet the lol

@lifeform42 eyes are not the easiest to draw in my opinion so that's really impressive. and i also understand what you mean by there's a lot that can be done with them its almost endless possibility's

Female
307 posts

powgal15 • 23 January 2024 at 6:12 PM

I love drawing cats! Especially anything with bright colors or anything emo 😸

Female
61 posts

maylin09 • 25 January 2024 at 8:14 PM

@powgal15 i love cats do you do realistic or more cartoon style?

Female
307 posts

powgal15 • 25 January 2024 at 9:48 PM

I usually draw like this (though normally the eyes are white, his eyes are colored like that for specific backstory stuff):
https://toyhou.se/21430087.goldenlight/gallery#72934949

Female
61 posts

maylin09 • 26 January 2024 at 2:29 PM

@powgal15 those are so freaking cute i wanna squeeze them