Site activity Idea: Gardening and places!

in Site Feedback & Ideas

1,558 posts

dragonii • 5 May 2023 at 3:27 PM

I've been thinking about these Ideas again and still would love to see them implemented so I'm gonna talk about them again. And remake this thread cause the OG one is locked.
--

1. More places to visit: I've noticed in the creatures descriptions there are a lot of places saying where they originated from, and I honestly think it would be really neat to implement a way to visit the places these creatures are from. Like Faela City! I know we have travels that show what it looks like. But, its honestly been a long time dream of mine to actually visit it. (I've been playing this game for 11 years now haha)
Same for Fairy World, which could only be accessed by going through a portal In Faela City.
And it could be a big event, that starts after some major event that happened to the fairy world and they reach out to Arkians to help them in their trouble.

2. Gardening and cooking: I would love if there was a timed activity to get garden specific Items that can also be used to make home made meals to feed to your creatures, or sell/give to others.

With gardening you; plant your seeds that you get from a new gardening store (Having a Tuswine holding a gardening hoe in a plaid shirt in overalls and His trusty Cropler being content but ferel at the side).
Then you plant specific seeds and then wait for a timer count down for when you need to water them (like the timer with the Halloween events) Watering can go from 2 - 6 times (every 4 hours) then after the 6th time you water you need to wait one last time and your garden will be ready to harvest.

then after harvesting you can feed your creatures the food or sell them in user stores or have the ability to cook them into different foods with a combo of other foods. (Wheat + tomato = spaghetti)
I'm still fuzzy on where cooking would be available.
But an idea I have would be a community cooking area that you access either through the explore tab or be available some where on the users side bar.

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 5 May 2023 at 3:42 PM

I love this idea I feel like this would add a lot more to do on this site!

Note:what if there were like garden exclusive creatures that you could grow using the garden feature!

1,558 posts

dragonii • 6 May 2023 at 12:11 PM

@pastelrabbit Thank you!!

that would be quite interesting for sure. :0
I would imagine it would be completely randomized and depends on how often you garden as well.

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 6 May 2023 at 12:21 PM

@dragonii yes please we've been starving for content

@froot @neighdo @kudo @kataclysm @mastergemma (ik its not your department, just maybe a neigh or yay as a personal opinion lol)

367 posts

kudo • 6 May 2023 at 1:49 PM

@dragonii
it would be thrilling to visit some travel locations so i'm all for this. there isn't much to do around the site as it is so the gardening/cooking aspect would be an entertaining side hustle. i like the idea of garden-exclusive creatures like pastel said, but i hope they won't be priced like certain sar creatures...

the community cooking area sounds like it would be quite fun. would be cool to see what sort of features we could get if it was implemented.

fairy world events sound lively too. i can feel it would be decorated in a lovely way... all in all, i'm 100% in support.

(saph, you've pinged my alter ego as well kek 🐎)

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 6 May 2023 at 3:44 PM

I'm all for more engaging content. There's clearly demand for it, from the way folks respond to quests and incentives there.

I think there's a kind of window for ideas like furniture shops (+ quests) and being able to utilise them in a similar fashion.

@armageddondoll @muppet may have some additional thoughts!

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 6 May 2023 at 4:58 PM

wait omg i forgot to ping @sulvas the og gardening club

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 6 May 2023 at 5:45 PM

I would LOVE a gardening situation and I'm 100% for creatures you can only grow from the garden ❤️

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 6 May 2023 at 9:31 PM

@dragonii
I also would love to see more of the map of Ark, I do hope in the future we can get a sort of Neopets situation with the number of places and things to do at those sites.

These are adorable ideas! Sounds like it would be the Farmlands or Naharia if this idea is implemented. I'm not sure about the 4 hour timer, but that would be dependent if we want gardening to be a long or short process.

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 6 May 2023 at 9:48 PM

Support! This is a great idea!

I'd be a big fan of being able to display our gardens. Maybe go an animal crossing route with flowers and flower hybrids? I like the cooking idea too but I honestly think I'd rather see more flowers.

Female
170 posts

muppet • 7 May 2023 at 4:17 AM

Wonderful ideas!!! We need more places to visit and do stuff in

Female
2,552 posts

dragrawr • 8 May 2023 at 2:44 PM

@dragonii I love this idea so much, especially more in-game activities. Gardening sounds really adorable. I think making meals would be so cool, and maybe once you find certain items from shops you unlock more recipes that give different stats like boosters?

So fun

Edit; just got an idea for fishing too. Not sure how it would work but it sounds fun in theory. Maybe a little Aerlo NPC :]

Female
1,304 posts

daisycat • 8 May 2023 at 2:53 PM

@dragonii
I love these ideas! Egg Cave could definitely use more activities and more places to visit. It feels overdue. 😊

The main page states "new creatures, exciting worlds, account updates, and unique activities to do". I would appreciate an emphasis on the exciting worlds and unique activities.

I actually made something slightly similar, cooking-related, for something else on Egg Cave, so would love to see it widespread (I've not launched it yet). It's also slightly related to an activity on Neopets.

Thank you Drag for the in-message "ping"! x)

Female
22 posts

phantomenna • 8 May 2023 at 10:30 PM

These are such great ideas- I especially like the gardening/cooking idea! That's something that would be fun to see and make the site a little more interesting to play throughout the day!

Demifluid
1,504 posts

wonder404exe • 8 May 2023 at 10:51 PM

Im in LOVE D":
We DO need more things to do here!
I always liked farming and gardening games T^T
WITH COOKING?! I LOVE IT!!!
@/dragrawr Aerlo NPC? we have one xD maybe we can get Aeroria a new job
FISHINGG AAA ANOTHER FAVORITE

I just love interactive games (with background) in general i'd love to have more maps as well!

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 11 May 2023 at 5:35 PM

@dragonii I like the first idea a lot, would really enjoy being able to visit more places. There really hasn't been anything added in over a decade I feel like [Aside from Leila].

@poe @chapus @nut

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 11 May 2023 at 10:53 PM

@dragonii oh these are some lovely ideas !! i definitely like the idea of being able to explore new areas, a bit like Neopets kinda vibes. There's so much potential too, and it could open up new stores or activities!

As for the gardening, I do think it would be neat, maybe as a sort of collection building, like being able to grow new seeds that could maybe give random items? The idea of cooking does sound fun but does have the potential to get very complex for what it gives (an item that could be bought at a store). But I do agree that Egg Cave needs more games & activities outside of events and dailies !!

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 20 May 2023 at 5:59 PM

@dragonii so much yesss to more places to visit! And introducing new places obviously gives us an excuse for cool plotted events and stuff. New places also adds opportunity for more things to do on site too.

I'm totally all for plant related activities! I'm not totally sure about the suggested rewards, but I see some posts here with good ideas! I kinda like the gardening exclusive creature thing someone suggested here, as well as the making stat boost items thing.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 26 May 2023 at 11:40 PM

I've been really on board with the general idea but I wanted to sit down and really take the time to digest everything that's been said so far before replying... but life (BIG issues) keeps getting in the way.

- have wanted to have new areas on the map to explore since I settled in. (which only took a few days.)

- gardening seems like it would be a little more involved than want Ian envisioned for this site. (We haven't even talked him into adding a few basic games yet.) That being said, I'm not against it either. (Actually sort of miss that from when it was first implemented on Neopets, and I recently seen a link to an even OLDER just plant evolve "pet" gardening on someone's profile here ... I was thinking of checking it out, but heck if I can find it again.)

I was contemplating another game I play today and wish they would allow random players, not just friends) to swap battle energy. ...and it comes back around to one of my old favorite app games. Flower House. about half the game revolved around swapping gifts with other players. (All positivity and sharing. Nothing dying.)

So I got to thinking with the gardening subject brought up here... what if it was ran like the Chocolate exchange. We buy seeds with EC. Depending on the rarity depends on how long they take to grow, and how expensive the seed. When they're ready to pick we have to send the plant to another player before it will open/bloom. When a player receives a plant they can open it for varying chance (based on rarity, ) of receiving EC or items. I'm thinking of a range or 3 days to 1 month. and you have water(click) on it every day like you do with the eggs here, to keep it alive.) Maybe there's even a really rare chance of garden space expansions?

---

I'll come back and edit (or make a new post) when I've had time to read through what everyone else has already said... I just wanted to get it typed out before I forgot my train of thought. Sorry if someone already said this idea!
(I'm running sooooooo behind on things here.)

Agender
122 posts

mr-blue-bones • 27 May 2023 at 12:09 AM

Yes to both of these, though I might be biased for the second one because games that include farming and gardening are my favorites ❤️