Increased chance of finding/baiting rare genders

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,406 posts

ida92 • 26 July 2023 at 3:14 AM

Hi everyone!

I have recently been very frustrated since I can't come across a gender I want when stealing eggs from the cave... I have been trying to get a female or male Lafta since the beginning of the month, with 25+ attempts a day... Nothing... I can imagine this being frustrating for anyone aiming at a specific gender that only has 3% of appearing. I don't want to be forced to buy gender stones, since those cost CC and I can only afford to buy CC once a year. I'd rather spend it on actual creatures. My solution would be: increasing the chances of getting rare genders to 10%, or even equaling the chances to 33%.

A different solution would be to have a random cave monthly/limited creature (like the current Revelca) available for baiting every day. And being able to bait a specific gender.

What are your thoughts?

A few random pings:

@minnie298a
@megamisama90
@heatherm19
@newlife
@valorieviolet

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 26 July 2023 at 4:55 AM

@ida92
I would like this. I've always wanted male and females and now can't get them. It's very annoying and sometimes feels unfair. And like you, I won't be buying gender stones.

Female
2,406 posts

ida92 • 26 July 2023 at 5:14 AM

@megamisama90 I agree that it does feel unfair sometimes. Everyone should have chance to get the creature they want and the gender they want. Currently I don't feel like this is possible in some cases.

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 26 July 2023 at 5:47 AM

@ida92
While I could see something like this helpful for some, it's not something I think I would use all that often, if at all.

Female
2,406 posts

ida92 • 26 July 2023 at 6:40 AM

@hinokazes I hope this ping doesn't bother you, but I thought that this suggestion might interest you. 😊

Female
584 posts

hinokazes • 26 July 2023 at 8:58 AM

@ida92

Thanks for the ping !
I can't say anything about baiting because I do not have access to that feature, and if it was the only way to have a better chance at having the wanted gender, it would just make me even more angry at eggcave than I already am for constantly being left out of everything.

However, I have always wanted to have a 1/3 chances for each gender for every pets, no matter what. I DO NOT LIKE that some species have a too high chance of a gender, or too low chances. For me, everyone should have an equal chance to get the gender they like to collect, so something like 33% female, 33% male, 33% non-binary.
Gender stones price is ridiculously high for what it is, especially because outside collecting, genders have no purpose at all, we can't breed or whatever. I'll never use one either, so it really is annoying.

Female
2,406 posts

ida92 • 26 July 2023 at 9:05 AM

@hinokazes I see your point, it would be better if all genders would be equally accessible for everyone. This way all Users would have equal chances to get what they want.

@Ian for visibility

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 26 July 2023 at 9:53 PM

That would be awesome if we could bait for a certain gender ...even if it was just one of the "randomly selected" things.

Given that the Dailies only double the chance of getting Monthlies and LEs I think something like this would too. so if the gender was only 3% chance it would increase to 6%. Question is though on something with an 85% chance would that just take it to 100% chance of getting that gender, or would that carry over into the likelihood of actually getting the creature? (since I think those two are actually separate.)

Female
2,406 posts

ida92 • 27 July 2023 at 2:53 AM

@snowywinter Thanks for your input!

The more I think about it, the more I believe that the easiest and most user-friendly solution would be to just give each gender a 33% chance of appearing. To compensate for that 1%, the "dominant" gender in the species could have a 34% chance of appearing. Or just make it something like 30-30-40. That way people won't have to struggle to find the gender they want.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 27 July 2023 at 11:06 AM

@ida92

I guess I've gotten so used to there being a "rare gender" that until this thread I had forgotten my initial reaction to the announcement and was surprised back then that they weren't equally weighted as before. (or so we thought; apparently some had a higher chance of being one or the other.)

Having gotten used to it my initial reaction is "No!!! it's fun being on the hunt for whatever is the rarest!" But when i ponder it over... Yeah I'd rather they have equal weight (chance), or close to it.

Hard enough even on the ones that are close to having equal chances, finding someone to do a swap most of the time. : / (Unless it's a Cave Common.)

Female
2,406 posts

ida92 • 28 July 2023 at 1:58 AM

@snowywinter I understand your point. One one hand I too like the idea of being able to find a rare gender, but I does get frustrating sometimes...

65 posts

pinkhanni • 28 July 2023 at 8:43 PM

my account's not old enough yet to use the bait feature, sadface, but i definitely would like being able to choose or increase my chances of getting a certain gender! i suppose you could just trade with someone else but i dunno, i'd like if i could somehow increase my chances at the least! 😊 (being able to actually select might be bit too easy haha)