Bringing Back Retired CC Travels at Random o;

in Site Feedback & Ideas

How much would you pay for a rerelased CC travel? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
1,153 posts

valorieviolet • 15 August 2023 at 10:13 PM

So this has probably been brought up in the past, but I didn't see any recent topics about it + I have an original idea to add along with it!

Basically, my idea involves bringing back old CC travels. Since EggCave is bringing back retired CC creatures, why not bring back the CC travels, as well?

I was thinking that once a month, either on the 1st or 15th, 4-8* retired CC travels could be brought back at RANDOM from any year and any season. No voting this time around - all surprise. I think it would add a bit of fun & mystery to the Cash Shop Park. It would also be a great way to get those retired CC travels, from like 10 years ago that probably no one has, into circulation!

*I would like to note that there are currently 12 CC travels available for purchase, displayed in 3 rows of 4 travels, SO the released amount would have to be a multiple of 4 to look aesthetically pleasing!

I'm not sure how much to price these though. Originally, I was thinking they could be available for 50CC again, because I personally feel that paying 100CC for a travel is a bit much (but I would do it if it was for a travel I really, really wanted). Also, no limits to how many a user can buy / no limited stock.

& maaaybe there can be a rule where the CC travel has to be retired for at least 1 year, even 2+ years, before it can appear in the cycle of randomized rereleased travels.

Let me know your thoughts down below and if you would be for this or against this idea.

Also! Be sure to check out @/froots similar topic (with a different suggestion) here!

Pings:
@ian
@wonder404exe
@twinkle
@jlya
@dragrawr
@heatherm19 - I know you have a whole wishlist of retired CC travels cx

Female
2,993 posts

heatherm19 • 15 August 2023 at 11:39 PM

Um YES PLEASE!! lol I've already spent a lot on retired CC travels, but it's so hard to find anyone that has them for trade. I feel like the majority of my retired CC travels wishlist I'd be happy to pay 100CC for if they were rereleased!

I also really like the idea of it being random. While being able to vote on rereleases and knowing what's possible for rerelease the next month (ie, knowing 'only in their original month') can be nice and helpful, I think with travels it would be a lot of fun to have it a surprise and not tied to specific months/themes.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 16 August 2023 at 12:23 AM

Always ALWAYS always aching for old travels to get a re-release.

In terms of the CC Travels it's a bit tricky for me. I'm unwilling to pay users 100 CC for *most* of the retired CC travels. But given that the RR price for creatures is approximately double the original value, 100 CC seems fair in that context.
However, i *REALLY* wished they'd release smaller increments of CC. If not 10 CC, than 25.
I'd be willing to pay 75 CC for CC re-releases.

If i was going to be shelling out 100 CC for Travel RRs, I wouldn't want them to be any newer than 4-5 years.

I'd support any version of it happening and would support automatic selection, but I still would prefer two a month being voted on (but perhaps from a much smaller pool hand-picked by staff. But hey, if an algorithm that picks them at random would increase our chances of it happening, I'm fine with that.)

Female
1,323 posts

twinkle • 16 August 2023 at 8:45 AM

@valorieviolet You definitely have my support! ❤️
There are so many CC travels that I've missed during my hiatus and I don't mind paying a bit more to buy them, but should not be over 100 CC ^^

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 16 August 2023 at 10:14 AM

@valorieviolet

i agree 100%! in fact, i've made a similar topic here (although i was a bit more vague, and included another idea of user-suggested travels being implemented as well)

no matter how it is they come back, i'd just like to see the return of old CC travels; it's a bit unfair to players who might not have had the chance to obtain their desired travels as old CC travels are almost never in circulation.

Female
1,135 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 16 August 2023 at 12:47 PM

I agree, I think that this would be a great idea, and 100CC seems a fair price, just as @/snowywinter said 😊

I love the randomised aspect too! I think it would really help with the potential of them devaluing.

Female
1,153 posts

valorieviolet • 16 August 2023 at 2:10 PM

@heatherm19
Thank you, I'm glad you agree ❤️ & I'm in the same boat as you, I would happily pay 100CC for something a really want, BUT only if it was a super old CC travel, like Pulchritudinous Jungle Sunset, which even says it first appeared on Egg Cave "a very long time ago" in BOLD (unless that was a gimmick lol).

@snowywinter
I personally feel bad asking users to pay 100CC for a retired CC travel (if it was fairly newer), so I have sold a few retired ones for 50CC ); But if I knew users would pay 100CC, I would put a travel up for that price. Smaller increments of CC would be interesting! & if we did have that, I would also be willing to pay 75CC for a rereleased travel... & I wouldn't mind voting for some of the travels! Maybe our votes could affect the % of it appearing in the rotation?! Thank you for your thoughts ❤️

@twinkle
Thank you for your support ❤️ & yes, no more than 100CC for sure!

@froot
Ah, I'm sorry I didn't see your topic! I only looked at the first page of topics under Site Feedback & Ideas to make sure there wasn't anything current, plus I didn't want to "dig up" an older topic anyway (so the mods don't hate me lol). But thank you for linking it! I really like your idea of a whole tab (I assume like the TA has) dedicated to a CC travel shop! & user suggested travels would be really fun!! I would love to design something for the site ❤️

@musical_slytherclaw
I'm really happy to see that others are liking the randomized aspect! I figured I would get some mixed opinions on that. Thank you for your support ❤️

349 posts

cho • 22 April 2024 at 7:52 PM

@valorieviolet love this idea, bumping this! ❤️

Female
1,153 posts

valorieviolet • 22 April 2024 at 9:41 PM

@cho
Thank you for the bump!

To anyone else reading:
This topic is still very relevant with the recent "controversy" over 4 older travels getting retired. I believe users (and the site) would benefit from retired travels (CC & non-CC) returning, even at random. My preposed solution to returning CC travels is in the first post, but I'm still thinking of how we can bring back non-CC travels. Worth doing a trial run, in my opinion!