my perfect score was sabotaged -_-

in Chit-Chat

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 31 October 2023 at 12:03 PM

figured I'd vent here (rather than in Help,) since I already sent in a ticket.

long story short but I was distracted by being in a hurry to meet another deadline, some major drama in @/fruitbat's life (job related), and I shouldn't have ignored the voice in my head to leave Stargazing alone until I could center myself. It tried warning me again, but the borrowed computer glitched and instead of listening to that buzzing gnat of a voice and refreshing the page I shooed it away and hit Submit.

https://postimg.cc/sQ8trcHQ
(I only blurred out my Eggcave financials & some of fruitbat's links... did nothing to the Stargazing image.)

Can anyone else spot the error?
(I sure as heck can't. - I know the point/moment where it technically messed up, but to the human eye, the line connected as it should.)

Female
1,734 posts

lexicon • 31 October 2023 at 12:30 PM

@snowywinter

I just wanted to say I'm sorry and I totally empathize as I also just missed one and it still kills me ;-;

Is it where the two "legs" connect to the body? I forgot which one I messed up on but it looked like it crossed over but it totally should've been fine? I should've screen-shotted. I also have accidentally connected two dots twice so maybe it could be that?

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 31 October 2023 at 12:38 PM

@snowywinter
The mistake is at the top, the point of the head does not connect to the star directly underneath it. It passes through it but it is not connected.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 31 October 2023 at 12:47 PM

@lexicon

I can't remember exactly which one it was exactly, but it was on in the head. I only had made a couple connections at that time and it didn't look like it crossed over. It looked like it only made the intended single point from line B. BUT I think I caught in the blip of a second where it made the line like three times. This computer in that area on this puzzle constantly is messing up in one way or another. If I want it to not connect at random points I have to zoom in so far that that region is the almost the only thing on the screen. (then zoom back out to complete the rest.) Usually it zig-zags though and I can see it went on a wild TPing run. ; P

Thank you so much for the show of sympathy!
(at least my mistakes in my first year were legitimate mistakes. I sort of look back on them as a badge of honor... they were from when I was still learning. This time it burns because it's a combination of not being my fault/out of my control/ ...but also is a show of my impatience.)

(Still... this particualar puzzle connects random points so often I thought of submitting a ticket several times even when I had caught it and got it right. It is soooo frustrating having to refresh almost every single time at least once.)

Edit:
@Orderedchaos, Thank you!

Female
1,734 posts

lexicon • 31 October 2023 at 1:09 PM

@snowywinter

Oh I see it now!! That's so gosh darn frustrating. Yeah honestly doing it so much over the years sometimes I auto-pilot and submit without even double-checking. I'm surprised I haven't missed more ^^' (I also play on mobile which is not recommended oop)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 31 October 2023 at 1:22 PM

@lexicon
oof... just last week/a few days ago I was so worn out (I think it was one of the last days or shortly after that I was working on the Travels list) that I just went to the puzzle and scrolled right down to the Submit button and almost clicked it without actually doing the puzzle >.< (I caught myself just as my finger twitched.)
I was definitely on auto-pilot (between the exhaustion and here and another game where there's lots of 1-click options to get seeds/prizes. The Halloween button mashing was fritzing out thought.

(I kinda wondered, it's been a while since I attempted it on tablet. I'd attempt it again on a larger one with great processing power like what fruitbat has, but the ones I use are way too small. *shaking head no* I remember some sense that it was a challenge... and I just value my perfect score too much. ...I mean if it were the only option, the I would attempt it to at least go after the seeds. Stargazing really is a boon to the Seeds total.)

But yeah... now that Orderedchaos pointed it out I can see the line is a little straighter than it should be. Sneaky bugger. (the line, not the mod.) Ever so tiny difference. So so tiny. (I really gotta squint & stare to see it. - has to be a funny sight the way I keep moving my head to change my depth perception.)

Female
1,734 posts

lexicon • 31 October 2023 at 4:28 PM

@snowywinter

I've absolutely done that multiple times lol. Fun fact if you do that it'll stop you and make you click something before submitting lol so it's all good!

Using mobile has worked for me...hmm 99.78% lol (give or take, I've done a couple on my laptop but honestly I prefer mobile. I can like zoom in and find it easier for some reason but there is def a risk of accidently clicking on something and not noticing ouo)

Female
2,413 posts

ida92 • 9 November 2023 at 3:07 AM

@snowywinter I had a similar issue and I posted about it here