🦎🎈Creature Suggestion [Re-draw!!]: The Challoon🎈🦎

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
393 posts

redflipflap • 5 February 2024 at 10:46 AM

Hi folks! Some of y'all may remember this old man from back in the day, lemme blow some of the dust off of him real quick... okay, perfect. I dug this guy out of Ye Olde Brain Archives (and old forum posts by yours truly) and decided he was deserving of a re-draw!

The original forum post can be seen here, if you wanna see a blast from the past!

Original Art: http://bit.ly/2sC4i8u

New Art #1: https://shorturl.at/sLTW2

New Art #2 (additional stage): https://shorturl.at/BQ467

About the Chaloon Egg:

The Chaloon egg has an oddly soft, bouncy feel to it. It appears to be made of a unique biological material that has yet to be discovered and understood by the scientists in the SARC. The egg is almost weightless, or as light as a feather. Dropping this egg is not an issue, like most citizens of Ark fear with your usual egg, for it seems to fluidly and slowly fall to the floor, as if its' mass wasn't as nearly affected by gravity like most things in general.

About the Chaloon creature:

Similar to the egg, the creature also has a rubbery-plastic feel to it, though the texture of the hatched creature appears squishier, yet stronger. This unusual critter spends its days relaxing in the warm sun, not bothering to move very quickly unless threatened. Unlike most of its reptilian relatives, this odd creature sleeps upsidedown in trees, hanging from its tail. Scientists have been investigating if the reason for its unusual sleeping patterns are for anything except for kicks and giggles. These creatures tend to remain silent, unless grouped with others of its kind, where it will proceed to make a noise similar to a soft wind or air blowing.

Height: 0.1m
Weight: 165g

Habitat: Jungle

I'm gonna tag some folks that had originally given the first concept art of the Challoon some love ❤️ hope y'all like the redraw + new stage!

Tags:

@solnyshko
@raindrops
@provo7demons
@ian

#redflipflapart

Non-binary
1,405 posts

provo7demons • 5 February 2024 at 10:53 AM

@redflipflap Chaloon!! little balloon guy...I want to pat him very gently. does he make the balloon squeaksqueak sound if you pet him

Female
393 posts

redflipflap • 5 February 2024 at 10:57 AM

@provo7demons its so funny that you say that bc the one with the balloon mouth makes noises that sound like a squeaking balloon (when you pull on the mouth of a balloon, yknow) and the one with the party blower makes noises like, the papery "pth pth pth" when you use one of those things😊

more tagssss:

@twinkle
@sorrow
@jlya

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 6 February 2024 at 7:36 AM

@redflipflap
I love ur design. Especially the balloon stage! How cute is that!! 💗
@Fluffykitten
@Poptarts
@Sodabearjess

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 6 February 2024 at 9:02 PM

@redflipflap
i was not prepared to follow the link and to see such a silly little guy oh my god
i work with chameleons at my second job n they are the coolest, i love this suggestion! and i like both the balloon animal version and the new one! i think that this is a good idea for an eggcave birthday creature!

Demifluid
1,503 posts

wonder404exe • 6 February 2024 at 9:43 PM

@redflipflap balloon :0
maybe ec brithday creature or maybe for april 0_o

funky guy with tongue

Female
387 posts

cryogenics • 7 February 2024 at 3:34 AM

@redflipflap

i love the 3rd stage - but the 2nd stage i find hard to marry between the 1st and 3rd. or 2nd to 3rd.

reason being the 3rd stage you have one solid body with full features out of a singular 'balloon' with several ties where the limbs 'end', it is not indicated such as in the 2nd stage. ie, an arm is an individual balloon, the body is several balloons etc.

it would seem that with so many 'feeties' you need to perhaps have more balloons and not a singular body.

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 10 February 2024 at 1:01 PM

It is super important that we get a balloon chameleon I really need this creature
LOOKIT THOSE FEEPS

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 10 February 2024 at 9:08 PM

@redflipflap he looks so... tired. buddy is at a party he doesnt wanna be at. give him to me.

Female
1,730 posts

lexicon • 10 February 2024 at 9:44 PM

@redflipflap

funny little fella 10/10❤️. i quite like the idea of balloon animals as a creature on here and im v impressed at the OG art being more balloon-like! new art is also very cute, the balloon tie feeties are everything

is it chaloon or challoon? the description says chaloon o:

Female
393 posts

redflipflap • 11 February 2024 at 9:47 AM

@poe eggcave copyright law 4173.06 says you cannot use the word Feeps to describe anything other than the Feep creature. The FBI will be at your door any minute now

@lexicon the different spelling was in the original post bc I am a Grade A Knucklehead😊

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 11 February 2024 at 2:36 PM

@redflipflap LOL let me amend my statement for legal reasons
LOOKIT THOSE LIL FOOPSIES

181 posts

noman15 • 14 February 2024 at 3:33 PM

A party chameleon, very cute.

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 20 February 2024 at 6:04 AM

@redflipflap lovely creature idea

320 posts

chihiro_sang • 1 March 2024 at 12:43 AM

Animated balloon animals are a cute joke idea, as well as the additional stage being a seemingly more ordinary chameleon with a balloon.