💰 Item 🎀 Re-Releases

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Do you want item re-releases?

Agender
118 posts

silvia • 8 May 2024 at 5:40 AM

ITEM  🎀  RE-RELEASES
ᴍʏ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴏɴ ʀᴇᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍs

Disclaimer: This is my personal take on this feature. You can agree or disagree but please, be kind, polite and constructive when expressing your opinion. I won't bother replying to any rude or aggressive statement or words spoken with a rude tone, and will just click the "report" button instead.

⚠️ Want to help this idea see the light? If you like it, consider pinging in @Ian and your friends! ⚠️

• Intro: Collecting items that have been retired has become increasingly difficult, If not totally impossible - to make an example, the travel "Luxury Beaches", that was originally available in the travel agency for ECs and that is very beautiful and would definitely be loved by many, is valued at 500CC+ / 70mil+ ECs in usershops (but I bet you won't find easily anyone willing to sell you one), while many others items (from all shops and categories) can't be found at all, not in trades, not in auctions, not in usershops (example, soft and hard boiled eggs... and that's why we are eating sunniflats on our toast instead!!). And If someone had one of these items, they'd ask, like, a few limbs for it. 😭

• The solution: We have creatures re-releases each new month, so why not have also items ones? I always stayed clear of games with "retired forever" items and collectibles simply because it's not fair on new users and old ones alike; EC was my loved exception because staffers are always willing to listen to our suggestions, when we are reasonable enough, so the hope is there. Starting an item collection in the past was probably easier that is it now. I still think it should be challenging to obtain retired items, they shouldn't be given out as freebies... so what to do?

• EC Items: I suggest that "EC Items" (items that were originally found in shops for a certain price of ECs) be re-released in rotation in the VEND Machine (just like monthly creatures, in limited stock, but always having a chance to rotate again there). Or we could have special quests (The Donation Center quests?) that requires, once per month, to donate, let's say, 100 regular items, and in exchange you get one random retired item from the pool of retired EC items (random so to encourage also trading between users to complete a collection? What do you think?). It would be a once-in-a-month thing (like the dailies) so it couldn't be abused and so not to turn these retired items into freebies. Not to mention, having that much donated in the Donation Center (and maybe released in small batches over time) would help greatly the questing experience, perhaps. Or we could have a "Retired Item Shop" in which retired items rotate and are placed there for sale for a very large amount of ECs (for example, 1mil ECs each). Difficult and more pricey than before, but yet still obtainable (and a very nice EC sink that could help the economy up!).

• Seasonal / Plot EC Items: The items that were available as prizes in ECs event (Chocolate Exchange, Halloween Fair, etc etc), should be rotated into the equivalent prize shop. Maybe they could be retired for a year or two, but they should be allowed to be put in the prize shop again, eventually, instead of being "retired forever" (and so, marked as seasonal instead of retired).

• CC Items: Items that were originally released in the cash shop park (mostly, cc travels for 50CC each), should be released again in batches of four every month (just like CSPs) for double the price (100CC). They can be picked according on the month's theme or users could vote for which ones they'd want to see, like we do with the unvaulted creatures each months.

ITEM  🏠  GALLERY
ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴɪᴏɴ sᴜɢɢᴇsᴛɪᴏɴ: ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɢᴀʟʟᴇʀʏ

• Why: Among items re-releases, what was asked for a lot by the community was an Item Gallery feature - a place in which users can display their items (works like a shop, but items on display can't be bought, ofc). I know we do have a "pet item collection" feature, but I find it quite broken, as you can't organize / sort your items and you can't arrange them as well as you can't remove them... and what If you do tire of the creature and decide you want to trade it? You'll lose your item collection. And people might want to have their item collection NOT tied to a creature. So I really think a proper item collection with sorting options and expandable space (another nice EC sink to help our poor, poor, CC-centred economy) would go along amazingly... as we are now, item collection isn't encouraged / sought after because we lack a proper gallery feature and for the retired items that can't be found anywhere else... a gallery feature + retired items re-releases would kill two mosquitoes with one stone! ✨

💖🙏 Thank you very much for reading! 🙏💖
Please, don't forget to ping in a friend or two (and @Ian himself) If you like the idea and want to help it being taken into consideration!

Female
250 posts

lilyane • 8 May 2024 at 7:41 AM

This is a great idea, to bring back retired items into circulation. Similar to the unvaulted CC rereleases or Vend Creatures, nothing would be permanently gone but will come back periodically, how often is up to the site to decide.

I have a suggestion for event specific creatures (Example: Easter Creatures). Since they are given out along with 4 travels, why not allow us the chance to get our hands on these retired travels in some way (Daily Quest, Vend Machine, Advent Tree, etc..).

Then, because these are event specific critters and items, we need to collect these items to turn in to obtain the Alleniwer or Floralope. The advantage to this is to unlock event-specific creatures which were only obtainable once when they were first released. The second is to allow people to collect the items or travels exclusive to these events.

I understand that the Tine was obtainable from the Valentine's chocolate shop, but what about creatures like the Erthona or others? But my idea is not relevant if these creatures appear in the Vend Machine.

Female
344 posts

fainne_24 • 8 May 2024 at 7:42 AM

I absolutely support this! 😊 I would love to see back some items that right now are impossible to get, like some very old travels or items from events like chocoextravaganza!

Female
11 posts

sm0395 • 8 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Welp, some items are unobtainable? I know that just about right now.
My ultimate goal is to collect all creatures+items. I haven't started to play this game seriously (because I don't have much time) just casually but someday my end goal is that. So hearing this def makes me discouraged.

Aside from all that useless rambling I fully support this wonderful solution, let us perfectionist minds rest in peace! 🕊️

Female
3,050 posts

heatherm19 • 8 May 2024 at 3:46 PM

Yes. Yes please. Just... YES. Pretty pretty please??

Every so often a random retired item shows up in the Donation Center from the site itself, and I've actually seen stuff there that I didn't even know had been items, they were retired so long ago and just kind of faded into oblivion. Muffins, cakes, etc. It would be so great to have the opportunity to get these long-ago items, for newer players especially who never even got the chance. I like the idea of using the VEND for retired ec items.

And.... Seasonal / Plot EC Items? YES PLEASE!!!
(Why yes, I am still a little bitter that I didn't realize the Chocotravaganza prizes were 'one and done', and gave away a decent number of my beloved Mint Chocolate Design travel before learning.)

Female
159 posts

applegranny • 8 May 2024 at 7:23 PM

Very well described and thought out, thanks, Silvia! I especially like the idea that it could be implemented in stages to avoid a huge potential EC cost, etc. Good job!

Agender
118 posts

silvia • 9 May 2024 at 2:56 AM

@/lilyane
@/sm0395
@/fainne_24
@/heatherm19
@/applegranny

Thank you very much for the support, you guys, love seeing more suggestions being added as well! 💖 This has been asked so much, especially recently, so fingers crossed Ian will at least take it into consideration. 🤞

In regard of the Donation Center randomly giving out a retired item and two... it never happened to me and I do understand it's not a definite solution as people can't be asked to stalk the place 24/7 ...also with so many retired items, sadly one or two being very rarely added to circulation isn't going to do very much, I think. People still will ask a lot for these items or not sell at all...

Female
392 posts

megamisama90 • 15 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

This sounds very good! I'd like to see old travels re-surface ❤️ I've got some but won't use them as I'd like to have more. If this would happen, that would solve itself!

Agender
118 posts

silvia • 17 May 2024 at 5:46 AM

@/megamisama90

Thank you for stopping by, I am happy you like this idea! 💖

(Sorry for pinging, maybe you'd be interested in this?)

Female
2,584 posts

dragrawr • 17 May 2024 at 9:53 PM

@silvia

Im not a huge item collector, but I don't see why this shouldn't be implemented, especially if creature can get rereleased already via CSP and VEND!

It would be interesting if they showed up in the VEND for us to quest for!

❤️ Great idea Silvia!

Gender Nonconforming
76 posts

prettyiggy • 18 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Great idea, silvia! I'd be interested in re-releases, particularly some of the travels, toys, etc. that have become very rare. It would be nice to see them circulating once again. 😻

Agender
118 posts

silvia • 1 week ago

@/dragrawr
@/prettyiggy

Glad you like the idea, thanks for the support guys! >///<
Yeah, problem is people won't care much If they're not item collectors... but in the long run users that are (or that could be interested in collecting items) will be discouraged from even attempting...

(Sorry for pinging, maybe you'd be interested in this?)

Male
303 posts

dragiigy • 1 week ago

@silvia

Yes, yes, yes

I would like to get retured items !!!

Agender
118 posts

silvia • 1 week ago

@/dragiigy

And also item re-releases would allow for more items to be able to retire peacefully without angering the userbase (especially in case of well-loved travels). 😊 Thanks for stopping by!

330 posts

chihiro_sang • 1 week ago

I can definitely see the appeal for a lot of the first year travels or even some special event items.

pings: @pipkitten
@noman15
@umbregrl

323 posts

ravensong • 3 days ago

I definitely want to see items re-released. I wasn't here at the birth of EggCave and feel that I have missed out on so many beautiful travels. I like the "Retired Item Shop" and VEND rotation ideas because then I can work toward something specific. The "Retired Item Shop" would be nice so I could shed some of my excess EC.

Agender
118 posts

silvia • 3 days ago

@/chihiro_sang
@/ravensong

Thanks for the input, guys! Let's keep our fingers crossed! 😊

Male
303 posts

dragiigy • 2 days ago

@silvia , what about a new VEND machine for retired items for tokiens getting for making quests for Bean Sack?

Agender
118 posts

silvia • 2 days ago

@/dragiigy

That's a wonderful idea! We don't have an use (apart from collection) for bean sack and trinket travels... so maybe something about that could be done... 😊