Re-release Tines?

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 2 January 2012 at 10:26 PM

I would say yes because:
- i always wanted one xD
- he could release like 5 every hour or so?
- cheaters get banned and their cheated tines go in AC 😃
- oldie tines will still have their rarity
- Anyone who HAS a tine does not want to trade it
-

I would say no because:
- they will lose their rarity
- Oldies will get uber pissed cuz their tines are no longer wanted o.o

Male
1,505 posts

hai • 2 January 2012 at 10:30 PM

@bunnyshadow

Wait wait wait... you said people are being selfish just because they don't want to trade their Tines? O_o That doesn't make sense.

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 2 January 2012 at 10:34 PM

I say no.
I don't want to seem selfish, but Tines were here once and should never ever come back.

- As many have said, there's a sentimental value to them.

- Some have traded their whole coves to get one Tine.

- Even though so many newbies want Tines, I think that those of us who were here for their release should have something to show for it.

That is my opinion.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 2 January 2012 at 10:35 PM

@hai 😋 you have to admit tho if you go up to an oldie and say i'll trade anything for your tine, the owner would say "Its NFT" or it was stted on the persons profile, ask for my tine i'll block you, except a select few that are willing to trade a tine 0.01% out of 100%

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 2 January 2012 at 10:37 PM

No,
I wouldn't mind it but Ian said no really means no this time. If he broke a promise again, I might leave because who could tell what he would do next?

Male
1,505 posts

hai • 2 January 2012 at 10:38 PM

@bunnyshadow

Yeah, but they aren't doing it to be selfish. Don't you think since they have had it for so long they become attached to it?

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 2 January 2012 at 10:39 PM

@hai True, im sorry if i insulted you xC i'll edit my post >.<'

Female
864 posts

sprite • 2 January 2012 at 10:54 PM

@foo

Just having a discussion and I'm not always going to agree with you. So if that is arguing to you so be it 😊 Many discussions are filled with agreeing and disagreeing all in the same vein.

If, I thought in fact your Foo's was lies, which I find it rather odd and interesting you so taken with that. I would say so and would not have put them in "lies". Since you failed to see the point let me make it clear. You are saying that Ian lied but yet you have no problem what so ever getting said Foo's which is part of the lies your making a point about. It's not justifying your thoughts on the subject in fact it shows the opposite 😊

I'll leave this discussion with you and steer clear from any in the future. Sometimes I forget Egg Cave Forums are different from my other game sites where lively discussions with different POV's are welcomed even if you don't always agree.

Female
181 posts

tawolf • 2 January 2012 at 10:57 PM

No

The system isn't rigged in favor of the oldies keeping their tines. There is a way. I know someone who can't gain access to CC and has a cove with much more value than mine. They say getting there is half the fun. Besides, no offense, but it teaches a little patience as well for those who realize they'll need to work for something for once. Just my opinion, again I don't mean to offend anyone. 😊

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 2 January 2012 at 10:58 PM

As I said before, it IS possible to get a Tine without having them re-released.

I started with nothing.

They can too.

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 2 January 2012 at 11:01 PM

I don't think they should be re-released. Ian said that they wouldn't and a lot of people have traded a lot for tines. I DO think that there should be future re-releases though. I just think there should be conditions. (I have a topic posted that's more specific. Feel free to leave feedback. 😊 )

106 posts

foo • 3 January 2012 at 12:09 AM

@luvmykids244
I don't understand why I needed to know any of that?
Please explain your motives haha.
actually don't, I dont care...
'Just having a discussion' doesn't require disagreeing with everything I say.
its just annoying and I'm not the debater type.
Come on I must be ten years younger than you calm down haha.

Female
1,090 posts

star_daragon4810 • 3 January 2012 at 12:16 AM

Yes because honestly? It may be unfair to those that worked for a tine, but suck It up! Geez it's honestly a better way to flourish your cove, especially of you want more and like to...well hog creatures. Lol!

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 3 January 2012 at 12:27 AM

No. :/

I do not believe in re-releases. D: People are trading their '09s for the '11 Christmas ones. -_-

Everything is being HANDED to newer users nao. o.e *eye twitch*

Some re-releases I would prefer, like CC's that are NOT TOO HIGH in demand & popularity. Like, re-release in the CC shop.

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 3 January 2012 at 12:51 AM

@star_daragon4810

Excuse me. I find that quite rude.

If you had worked very hard for a Tine, you would understand.

@trish I agree :/

901 posts

akira • 3 January 2012 at 12:59 AM

Yes ._.

Female
1,134 posts

lavender • 3 January 2012 at 1:03 AM

Hmmmmmmm, Well , I really, really, really want a tine, and I know many users want one too, so yes, but if Ian did re-realese tine's and if somene missed it, or did not get one, then there would be sadness, so no!😃
So final : No AND yeas!😃

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 3 January 2012 at 1:07 AM

In the end though, I just would want whatever made eggcave funner for everyone 😊

Deleted • 3 January 2012 at 1:08 AM

@balletninja +1 😊

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 3 January 2012 at 1:23 AM

Egg Cave is not fun when it comes to rarity and values. Let's face it, it's what goes on with every virtual adoptable site.
But in all honesty, those who own Tines don't want a lot of other users to own them because they feel their value of the Tine will decrease. But what users don't understand is, yes, they have value, as long as you believe your creature still has value it's fine, I find it selfish to see users feud over their rarities. What happened to users fussing about them being just pixels? What happened to that?

There are those who own Tines that'll be very unhappy to see them rereleased but think about the other users who want to own a Tine. It's not going to kill you!

I just like seeing a more friendly egg cave environment.
Not some fuss over a creatures value.

If you REALLY loved your Tines you wouldn't care about their value.

Just sayin'

Female
762 posts

thursdays_dove • 3 January 2012 at 9:36 PM

@sky - Agree! Egg Cave shouldn't be all about egg values. Besides, I feel that value (like all things) is relative. That is to say that a Tine's value would be different for each person, regardless of their rarity. It's the same with any creature, really. I just hate seeing so many selfish people, and I especially hate seeing people get so mad at Ian over things like this. People get mad for the wrong reasons if you ask me. :/

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 3 January 2012 at 9:39 PM

@sky: Well said 😃 I agree with you on the whole value thing shouldn't matter 100% of the time.

Female
564 posts

lonewolf • 3 January 2012 at 9:50 PM

I think yes because then new people like me would get a chance and also, I think no because for the people who have been here much longer than me deserve to have pets that have rarity. 😸 I wouldn't mind either way. I just think it'd be cool to have a one-time chance pet.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 3 January 2012 at 9:51 PM

@bunnyshadow Just clearing something up that you have wrong. The creatures that belong to banned users do NOT end up in the AC. They are deleted along with the account and gone forever. Pretty good incentive to never break the rules. 😉

Just so I'm on topic: Still throwing my vote in with the "No" crowd. It has nothing to do with value (which I don't particularly care about) and everything to do with the backlash that Ian and mods would have to deal with if this ever happened.

Female
1,571 posts

rileytibbles • 3 January 2012 at 9:52 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO
PLEASE NO!!!
There was way to much drama on the other one. I personally loved it but people were so selfish...

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 3 January 2012 at 10:05 PM

@sky - Agreed with the value thing. 😊
The most valuable creature out there, in my opinion, is Lucen, my Luvlei. 😃 *mushyfeelings*

Hmmm. In my own opinion, I don't really care. Then again, I didn't even WORK for the Tinr I have, so I can't say anything on behalf of the people who own Tines.
All I know is that it will make people mad T_T

Androgynous
985 posts

vampire666 • 3 January 2012 at 10:19 PM

I support, simply because there is so high of a demand and so low supply. This site was never about the 'value' of an egg before, unless it was a mo, and I would like to see it that way again. (Not including CC eggs, of course. How else would the site make money? 😋 )

But I know the other older players would probably never agree with me, so good luck with this ever happening. XP

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 3 January 2012 at 10:26 PM

Yes if they were out only for my cave tries xD
and
No if I don't find any. haha X)

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 3 January 2012 at 10:42 PM

It's just that we worked so hard for them.

That's the base of the problem.

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 4 January 2012 at 12:31 AM

Here's how I think re-releases should be handled. http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/13094