~:~ Birds Of A Feather Club ~:~

in Forum Games

What is your favorite bird creature here on Egg Cave? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Male
509 posts

lawrence5555 • 23 February 2013 at 3:51 PM

@marie_lily Thanks 😃 I'm sure this club is great 😊 My sister will help me get accustomed it will be my first ever club 😃 yay

1,146 posts

iulianna1 • 23 February 2013 at 3:58 PM

@lawrence5555
Welcome to BOAF! I hope you like it here! I'll tell you a little about it on your wall 😸

Male
509 posts

lawrence5555 • 23 February 2013 at 4:18 PM

@marie_lily
@byfelisa
@tikimaki

I'm not the best at writing but here it goes:

Caniges are the best
Superb at the highest form
They are the cutest, there is no contest!
Their eggs cause a storm used
for confusion that no one can resist
the canige are also quite amused
by leading away lost travelers
and making them more confused
so do not be a dabbler
and get yourself one of the best
because the canige is amazing
there is no contest

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 23 February 2013 at 4:19 PM

@iulianna1 @lawrence5555 @novrain62 @puppymaks @wererage

Club game time:

Go to this link: http://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=345d48914f4b (Its safe, I promise) and finish the puzzle. Once your done post how long it took you the first time. Play as many times as you want(though it'll be the same format each time).

Enjoy the puzzle, all credit goes to the website, all I did was provide the image from the BOAF site 😊

Deleted • 23 February 2013 at 4:34 PM

@cubexline
Yay, a new game! I love puzzles ❤️
But I was really slow, ugh! xD

Congratulations!
Time [mm:ss]: 11:12
Number of pieces: 77

However, it was really fun. Thank you so much for this game activity 😸

Female
1,460 posts

rainbowkitty • 23 February 2013 at 4:39 PM

@cubexline It was really fun! Except I'm REALLY slow at puzzles ( @wererage slower than you!)

Congratulations!
Time [mm:ss]: 16:15

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 23 February 2013 at 4:48 PM

"Within every bird, there is a heart, which gives us new egg cavers a fun new start!"

All of the birds in my cove raise their left wings and say the anthem, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT!"

@byfelisa
Task 3 CRAZY HEARTS

-Guinstar
-Oscoas
-Seirens
-keskos

I fabulously love the guinstar because ever since I was little I loved to star gaze and tried many unsuccessful times to count the stars in the sky, I guess I just love the guinstar because it reminds me of those times and I love the starry patterns on it. 😊

Female
291 posts

ljacks • 23 February 2013 at 4:49 PM

@cubexline Yay, I love puzzles. 😃

First: 7:00
Second: 6: 37

This was fun! Awesome activity. 😊

Two-Spirit
753 posts

brunosc • 23 February 2013 at 4:52 PM

@cubexline

Congratulations!

Time [mm:ss]: 7:16

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 23 February 2013 at 5:01 PM

@lawrence5555
Nonsense! That is way better than anything I could write. ^^

Great poem. 😃

Female
441 posts

tetra • 23 February 2013 at 5:08 PM

@cubexline
Congratulations!

Time [mm:ss]: 8:54

I love puzzles 😊 Thank you so much for the game!!

@byfelisa
TASK 3 - :: CRAZY HEARTS ACTIVITY ::

Aquatic Creatures I love:
1. Whoon
2. Goldur
3. Suckerlop
4. Lovart (Do they count? 😊)
To me, the Lovart seems like they're commonly found near small lakes or shallow waters. I really can't see them living in mountains or forests xDD

I love aquatic animals, so aquatic birds = lots of ❤️

'Lovarts are particularly good at raising their young and even the young of other species. Lovart mothers are fiercely protective of their own but are very kind, trusting, and accepting of other creatures and humans.'

I love creatures that are like Mama Bears or Papa Wolves. The world could always use a little more love 😊 They're beautiful, especially in their last stage and they're a great example of a strong pair bonding 😃

189 posts

korikill • 23 February 2013 at 5:16 PM

"Within every bird, there is a heart, which gives us new egg cavers a fun new start!"

All of the birds in my cove raise their left wings and say the anthem, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT!"

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 23 February 2013 at 5:40 PM

Greetings Everyone!

Have you had a great day so far? 😊

Please help me welcome @lawrence5555 to our BOAF Club. A big welcome hug to you!! We have another sibling joining us as he is @iulianna1's brother. Yippie!!!
Yes, your sister will be very helpful to you in how things are here and hope you enjoy yourself with us. Thanks for jumping in and submitting the Valentine Poem. 😸

I will take a Macaw as an aquatic bird for Crazy Hearts Activity Task 3, only because it reminds me of the Rainforest and there are plenty that live there and bask in water daily. There is still 6 1/2 hours left to do the activity and thank you to all who have posted here their choice of aquatic creatures. All have been credited now.

@tikimaki, you are so welcome and that is what friends are for. You do so much here in the club and thank you! 😸

I have to go out, but will be back within an hour or two then I have to post some important changes in the club starting March 1st.

Terrific puzzle and thanks @cubexline:
Congratulations!
Time [mm:ss]: 11:47
Yes, I know I did badly. Blame it on distractions? LOL

Thanks for the link share @korikill! 😃
It is so refreshing to see birds in motion.

Good day to you @puppymaks, @wererage, @jeremylin123, @novrain62, @tetromino, @brunosc, @chowchow2012, @ljacks, @sacredscars and @rainbowkitty. I just want to say thanks for keeping the pulse of the club high energy and very happy to see you are having fun. 😸

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 23 February 2013 at 5:47 PM

@ljacks @rainbowkitty @tetromino @byfelisa

Thank you guys for playing 😊 I have a few survey questions for you.
1. Was the puzzle too easy or too hard(like too many puzzle pieces or too few?)
2. Should I make a monthly puzzle board of bird images from real life/eggcave?

Also I am re-posting my boggle board, so it is does not feel left out 😋

Boggle board:

C L A M
A F N G
M O R L
N E A W

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 23 February 2013 at 5:51 PM

@lawrence5555
WELCOME TO THE BOAF CLUB! 😃
~~~

@byfelisa
XD Thank you! ^^
~~~

All of the birds in my cove raise their left wings and say the anthem, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT!" 😸
~~~~

Have a great day everyone! 😃

Female
1,460 posts

rainbowkitty • 23 February 2013 at 5:51 PM

@cubexline
1. Was the puzzle too easy or too hard(like too many puzzle pieces or too few?)
It was just right 😊

2. Should I make a monthly puzzle board of bird images from real life/eggcave?
Yeah, a monthly puzzle would be nice 😊 And... I don't know... maybe you could alternate? Like, one month you have Egg Cave Birds and the other you have real ones?

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 23 February 2013 at 6:00 PM

@rainbowkitty
Thank you for the feedback 😊

And I just finished the puzzle and my time was:

Time [mm:ss]: 9: 34

Of course my cell rang while I was working on it 😋 I love doing puzzles, I used to try to attempt to finish a puzzle with 1000 pieces in real life. No room to do it anymore, but if I had a place to do one I would 😊

Female
1,460 posts

rainbowkitty • 23 February 2013 at 6:01 PM

@lawrence5555
WELCOME TO BOAF!!! 😊
I hope you have fun ❤️ 😸

Female
116 posts

lululore • 23 February 2013 at 6:08 PM

@cubexline
Time [mm:ss]: 9: 34; w/ ghost: 5:25 ^v^

Boggle:
clam, clan, clang, calf, flan, man, law, near, wrong, moral, raw, ear, fang, glare, lamen, lag, lame, lamer, fame, roe, gnome, clamor, war

8 posts

chowchow2011 • 23 February 2013 at 6:13 PM

@byfelisa

Sorry for my inactivity but I fed the ROAK coves 😊

Deleted • 23 February 2013 at 6:31 PM

::::: BIRD GAME! :::::

Select a bird in real life and find a fact about it.
Only one fact per bird.
Post you fact on this thread.
Ends on the 27th
Best fact will be chosen by the game mods.
@duchess , @cubexline , @prettymint

Have fun! 😊

Female
2,910 posts

duchess • 23 February 2013 at 6:31 PM

GUESS THE BIRD

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k570/bumblebee13_7/Birdguess_zpsb31693b7.jpg

See if you can figure out which bird is shown by the silhouette 😊

------
Sorry I haven't been posting much ^^ School has been really hectic

@cubexline, Thanks so much for posting your game 😃

Female
1,460 posts

rainbowkitty • 23 February 2013 at 6:58 PM

@duchess
Hmm... one is a flamingo, one is a rooster, one MIGHT be a peacock, not sure though...

@prettymint
Penguin fact:
Penguins lost their ability to fly millions of years ago, but now they are known as the fastest swimming bird! The average penguin can dive at the speed of 5mph, and can hold their breath for about 20 minutes! 😊

Female
441 posts

tetra • 23 February 2013 at 7:45 PM

@duchess
Top left is a Crane or Heron?
Top right looks like a Flamingo
Bottom left is a Peafowl
Bottom right is a Rooster?

@prettymint
Decided to write about one of my favourite birds, the Silkie!
A chicken soup made with Silkie meat is said to be a curative food and is a traditional Chinese medicine. Not only is it good for you, it's pretty tasty in my opinion, like a literal chicken soup for the soul 😊

@cubexline
1. I loved it! It felt right, wasn't too many pieces and the picture you used for the puzzle was a really good choice. 😊

2. It would be neat to have a monthly puzzle! Maybe @byfelisa (it's great to see you too! And thank you!!) can add the puzzle and the guess that bird to the newsletter, to go with the bird memory game 😃

Female
116 posts

lululore • 23 February 2013 at 8:02 PM

@duchess
flamingo, crane, peacock, and chicken I think 😸

1,146 posts

iulianna1 • 23 February 2013 at 8:32 PM

@cubexline Wow! That puzzle was really fun! 😃 Took me a while though xD

Time [mm:ss]: 9:12

Male
509 posts

lawrence5555 • 23 February 2013 at 8:46 PM

"within every bird, there is a heart,which gives us new egg cavers a fun new start!"

@cubexline Loved the puzzle 😃 my time:

11 minutes something xD

@duchess top left: crane top right:flamingo

bottom left: peacock bottom left: chicken
(male i believe)

Bird Facts: Birds are divided into 30 groups

Fact about Hummingbirds: A hummingbird's brain is 4.2% of its body weight, the largest proportion in the bird kingdom. Hummingbirds are very smart and they can remember every flower they have been to, and how long it will take a flower to refill.

1,146 posts

iulianna1 • 23 February 2013 at 8:54 PM

@duchess
Cool silhouettes! I'm guessing: crane, flamingo, peacock, and chicken 😸

By the way guys, I feel like feeding, so I will be going around to some members coves and feeding them. Ping me if you especially want to be fed xD

EDIT: Fed everyone on this page! 😊 No feedback necessary! Have a great day!

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 23 February 2013 at 9:05 PM

bird puzzle

Congratulations!

Time [mm:ss]: 11:09

LoL too slow! I love puzzles 😊

1. crane
2. flamingo
3. peacock
4. hen (chicken)

@tetromino - the original story that I wrote for the Lovart (swart) had the double necked swans living next/on the water and they laid their eggs on rocky shores. Now, the story was completely cut out and replaced with some one elses story and the name of my double necked swan was totally changed. So is it an aquatic bird? Originally, yes. Now, probably not

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 23 February 2013 at 9:19 PM

Evening All, I'm back as promised and see you all have some great games to play here in the forum.

Woooo Hoooo!! Thank you, @duchess @cubexline @prettymint. I will have a go at the rest of them after this post. 😸

*** IMPORTANT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT ***

This effects everyone so please read carefully below.

Please come together and give your warm thoughts to @hay7199 who is very ill and undergoing surgery.
We hope she will have a successful surgery so she returns healthy and active with us all again.

@marie_lily is not only our club promoter/cheerer but an assistant mod to @tikimaki. Now both Duchess and Tikimaki have club moderators assisting them.

EFFECTIVE AS OF MARCH 1ST, 2013

The club is going to have a membership cap at 150.
All those posting a request to join our club will be placed on a waiting list.
It will take 2 main mods to approve a new member.

The MOTM Recognition Reward will be 300cc + the Plaque displayed on the club's website. In the event like in the past, if there are two recipients for the reward they will get 300cc each.

Monthly Drawing will consists of rare LE creatures, rare travels, CS creatures and CC only.

Activities and Games unless stating worth a CC prize will be LEs, travels and EC.

Mini-games will be worth 50cc, only the first 4 to participate will win it for playing along.

Thanks to @prettymint's suggestion there will be an annual motto and anthem contest, this will be ran by the Game Club Moderators.

Please address all club trades and donations to @contests-r-us. You can post on the wall or send a PM there. It makes it much easier and thanks.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
Wishing you all a superb evening/day! 😊

Thanks @tetromino and you're welcome!

Hi @lululore, how are things with you?