BOAFCHAT

in General

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 21 January 2014 at 6:57 PM

@spiritkoi

That's very nice of you. It's all about luck when it comes to the Cove, and sometimes it can seem unfair but that's just the way it is. Ah, the Cave does seem to pick favorites, doesn't it? xD

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 21 January 2014 at 6:58 PM

@marie_lily Ya, someone got 4 Aurelians on their first 10 attempts. 😱 😱

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 21 January 2014 at 7:01 PM

@spiritkoi
Woah, that's a lot 😱 I only got 2 aurelians for the whole CRW so far.

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 21 January 2014 at 7:01 PM

@spiritkoi

Wow, that is crazy! Lucky them. I wish we all had that kind of luck, wouldn't that be nice. 😉

YAY, I just got an Aurelian! After I wrote my last response to you, I went to the Cave for my timely steal, and I found one, much to my surprise and delight. You must be lucky! Let's keep talking, haha. ❤ī¸

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 21 January 2014 at 7:03 PM

Hi @wererage
It is really the evil characters that make the movie, I realize this a long time ago. If not for them, a movie would be boring or too sappy. They give character, adversity to things and if they play the role well enough you will dislike them and that means they did an excellent job in their role as a villian. 😸

Dead Zone had me hooked because a friend who was in the web competitions I belong to, she would always talk about that show so out of curiosity I watched it and that was all she wrote.

Merlin, now that is a fantastic show and I missed some seasons while sick so getting to play catch up on Netflix is so wonderful. 😃
Imagine if he did find out, wouldn't be good at all, but what gets me is how he really couldn't figure it out with things happening always while Merlin was around. Ha, ha, ha!

Yippie! I'm so happy you found the books and hope you will be able to read them in the future. 😉

Yes, star wars and star trek got me on the sci-fi kick.
I kind of liked the remake of Tron. It had some good special effects.

Now you are talking, steampunk and cyberpunk!!

Never had the pleasure of playing that game. I will try to find it and thanks for the scoop. I like simulated, rpg, arcade and definitely racing games.

Thank you, it is terrific to hear you don't have that bad pain like before. It can be so debilitating when having chronic pain that is for sure. Having more mobility is prime, that is great news! ❤ī¸

I've seen that Manga on the website I go to for reading sometimes and thanks to your referral will give it a read. I will and happy to find another one you recommend, thank you. 😸

Maybe, you get use to the snow after so many years but still love it though. It is if you just watch it and play in it.

@puppymaks
It is so great you had Sherlock with you. I saw the pictures you posted and so adorable for words. Thank you for sharing with us.
The Hunger Games books are worth reading and disappointed a bit didn't get to see the latest one showing in the movies. It probably is good but the books are much better. What other books do you read for school?

Wow, do you have a drought then? I hope your heatwave is bearable and you get some more rain.

@spiritkoi
That would be just awesome, wouldn't it? ❤ī¸
I still have to work on the birdie that I made and uploaded to DeviantArt. I haven't been able to finish the other poses. Seriously, considering asking one of my talented friends to work with me. I really took my time drawing it and think it is more of a winter bird. 😊

@marie_lily
What are you up to? Did you get any of the CRW creatures yet? I had to do a CS & EC trade to get an Aurelian. I don't have much luck in the cave during events. I can count the times I got something.

Did you enjoy your skiing trip in Vermont? You were closer to me going on that trip, by the way. 😊
We visit Vermont and Connecticut as they aren't far at all. The trip to Maine was wonderful and can't wait to go back there and this time go out on one of the sailboats.

@eschla
It must be getting late over there but how are you enjoying the new week? Yesterday was hectic for me and got a lot done on and offline. ❤ī¸

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 21 January 2014 at 7:04 PM

@marie_lily Yay for you!!! 😃 Ya I wish everyone had that kind of luck.... And the greatest part of the story s the user didn't like the creature! XD He gave them away to his sister. Talking, talkiing................. 😋

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 21 January 2014 at 7:26 PM

@byfelisa

I got a pair of Neebus and one Aurelian today! I'm pretty happy with that, even though it took about 20+ tries. But thanks to the new system of timely tries after 10 attempts (beta), it was even possible.

Aw, that sucks. There's still the rest of the week to try your luck, though. If by then you still haven't gotten your wanted creatures, let me know. Hopefully my luck will have been pretty good and I can do something to help. 😉

I remember you told me something like that last year! Guess we don't live as far as I had thought in the past. This year was pretty good, not as good as last year though. For one, the weather was miserable. It was hot, and the temperature was higher than in NJ. Plus, it rained all 3 days I was there. The third day, we didn't go because of the conditions, and we went to Ben & Jerry's factory for ice cream instead. It was great! I had a huge banana split. Overall, it was still pretty fun. Already looking forward to next year. ❤ī¸

Ooooh, Maine! I've been there a couple times. The coastlines are so beautiful. It's just as fun going to the places nearby as around the world. There's so much to appreciate. 😊

@spiritkoi

Thanks! Hopefully all of us will have better luck during the rest of CRW. There's always trading as a last resort, though.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 21 January 2014 at 7:28 PM

@marie_lily Ya, but since they are new they go for BIG prices.

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 21 January 2014 at 7:33 PM

@spiritkoi

Yes, indeed. People always are desperate to get their hands on one of the creatures soon after releases, which is why the values go up quickly. People are unreasonable in trading, and it's just a mass craze.

That is why you should always wait until it all dies down before you'll come even close to getting a decent trade. Just have to resist the temptation and stop staring at other people's shiny new critters. 😋

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 21 January 2014 at 7:35 PM

@marie_lily Ya, that's what I do usually.

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 21 January 2014 at 7:38 PM

@spiritkoi

Smart. (;
Sometimes you just can't resist, though. It's just too adorable to not have one in your possession right now. D:

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 21 January 2014 at 7:41 PM

@marie_lily I know that feeling..... And I got another Neebu! Off to Immortalraven! *flies away*

Female
1,194 posts

puppymaks • 22 January 2014 at 2:27 AM

@byfelisa
Without Sherlock, I would probably freak out, because there was nothing to do. I was so bored, first time in history, for holidays I read whole book which we had to read for school. You know, 'persual' book? Well, mostly, I don't like to read that book's, but, I always get A in school for them, and nobody knows that I haven't read it 😸 Currently, I have to read nothing, he still didn't give us anything from holidays. But, on holidays we needed to read Hamlet from guess who...? Shakespeare! Adorable words and pictures? My pleasure, as always. 😊 Yeah, Hunger Games are definitive worth reading, they are just awesome. I think that second part is currently showing...

Thanks God, it was raining yesterday. Finally, but it wasn't some big rain. Enough for two more days of sun 😊

Deleted • 22 January 2014 at 3:19 AM

@byfelisa
Hey glad to see you, and hope you're doing fine. ❤ī¸

Ahaha you're so right ... after all, the killer, the zombie, the werewolf or the vampire is who makes great the horror by giving the watcher a truly impression of fear. 😋

Pffft ahaha I was surprised of how much stupid (sorry for the expression) Arthur was. xD I mean, you can't be so lucky all the times ... and when Merling stopped the dragon, lol, he was put asleep. xD

I think I didnt watched Tron, though. Gotta search it. D:
I also watched wild wild west, it was a great steampunk film, and really fun as well. 😸

Also, glad to hear that! I bed you'll like the game Fly like a bird. ^__^
I'm also glad to give you ad advice about mangas ... If I find something else you might like, I'll tell you. Now that I think ... I dunno If you like splatter anime, but I once read a manga called Hellsing. A little ... heavy, but nice story and plot. There is an evil evil vampire as a main character. 😋

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 22 January 2014 at 8:55 AM

Good morning, everyone!

How are you guys liking the CRW critters so far? I think they're great, and it's nice to have a change in art style once in a while. I can see a theme. 😉

I woke up to 10 inches of snow here! Whoohoo! It's a snow day for us, and no school. I think I'll go outside and have some fun sledding later. @spiritkoi Did you end up having school? 😃

Right now, I'm off to drink a mug of hot cocoa and reading a book. Have a wonderful day! *Warm huggles* ❤ī¸

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 22 January 2014 at 9:44 AM

@marie_lily Nope! 😋

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 22 January 2014 at 9:46 AM

@spiritkoi

Haha, that's great! How many inches did you get? 😊

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 22 January 2014 at 9:46 AM

@marie_lily I don't know, from the looks of it maybe 12 inches.

Deleted • 22 January 2014 at 9:57 AM

@marie_lily
Ohhh here you are! 😋
I love the new CRWs, but it's kinda difficult to find them, ahah. Still, I love the art and It would be a wish come true If one day my art will be good as an half of them!

And ... booooo, why everyone gets the snow and in my place it never snow? Bwaaaaaaaah *werewolf cry* D':

Also ... hot cocoa, mmmh. Ciobar. *w*
I'll make one for my mother this evening as well, maybe it will help the flu to go away. xD

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 22 January 2014 at 10:02 AM

@wererage

Yes! *Groans* I'm always finding Cave Monthlies, especially Irels. One can only have so many Irels. >.<

But thanks to the timely steals, the odds are becoming better! I found 3 CRW critters yesterday with 25 tries. I hope my lucky streak will continue. 😃

Snow is beautiful on the first day, all fresh and white and sparkly. But then it gets all icky and muddy with the car tracks and it's all brown. :-/

Ah, the flu is going around here too. It was pretty bad last month, with so little people at school. Hope she feels better. ❤ī¸

@spiritkoi

Ooooh! That's a lot! This has been or snowiest winter season so far, and the coldest as well. Single digit temperatures. Brrr....

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 22 January 2014 at 10:04 AM

@marie_lily So cold, I know! I just wish there was snow like last year in February. There was like 2 feet of snow!

Deleted • 22 January 2014 at 10:08 AM

@marie_lily
Ahaha i found a lot of irels as well, and two-three vupselles. xD
In two days and about 50-60 attempts, just twoCRW, but heh better than nothing, there are people who got 0. ☚ī¸

And I know what you mean, walking on the snow makes it all grey and black and ugh. << But yeah the first day it's beautiful ... I remember I built a snowman the first time than in my place snowed. I was still a child and it was the first time for me. xD

Aw well, I'm glad you're fully recovered now!
Thank you very much. ❤ī¸

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 22 January 2014 at 10:17 AM

@wererage

Yeah, I feel pretty grateful for what I've gotten, but always wishing for more, you know? One can hope. 😉

Especially when we're driving around, and the snow on the side of the road is so disgusting. >.<
Aw, that's a great memory. Every time it snows here, I try and go sledding on this little hill near my development's playground. It's small, but steep, and I've had so much fun with my neighbor.

Did you do any of this month's activities yet? (:

@spiritkoi

0 degrees. D: *Teeth chattering*

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 22 January 2014 at 10:18 AM

@marie_lily *knee buckling*

Deleted • 22 January 2014 at 10:19 AM

@marie_lily
Ahaha same here. xD

I suppose it both brings good and bad things, then. xD
But sometimes it's worth to have the bad things, just to be able to see the good ones. 😋 And yup! I wrote an half of the writing activity about winter ... I'm very worried about my grammar, so I'm taking a lot of time, ahah. xD

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 22 January 2014 at 10:26 AM

@wererage

Yupperdoodles! 😃

Oooh, I want to see. I love reading other people's creative writing, LOL. But take your time! The deadline isn't for a while, anyway. I've written a poem, but I don't have much faith in it. I'll keep working. /).(\

I like writing poems a lot, but sometimes they suck. 😋
I have more faith in my writing, but writing poems is more enjoyable to me.

@spirikoi

Better bundle up. *Covered in 5 layers* :-o

Deleted • 22 January 2014 at 10:30 AM

@marie_lily
Well ... hope I won't disappoint you, I don't judge myself really creative, ahah. XD I'm writing a short essay text. I'm not very familiar with poems, actually. owo
However, why you doesn't have faith in it?

What about songs? Do you enjoy inventing songs? I used to invent a lot of songs but hey, I don't follow rythm so they were bad bad bad. 😋

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 22 January 2014 at 10:34 AM

@wererage

*Shocked* Don't say that! I wouldn't be disappointed. I can always find something great. 😃

I don't know. We never do poetry at school, so I never got much training. I just write for fun at the stroke of the moment when my creative juices are bubbling up inside. LOL.

I tried a few times, but failed miserably. I think I'll stick to listening to music, haha. And singing -- I love to sing. ❤ī¸

Deleted • 22 January 2014 at 10:36 AM

@marie_lily
Oh well ... we'll see then. 😋

Well ... I think that sure, practice is good, but when you write, If you truly trust your feelings, you will put always your sould in what you do. And that's art. So, practice's not all. 😋

Ahaha I'm bad at singing but I love listening music too, expecially while drawing. It helps me a lot to do it better!

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 22 January 2014 at 10:41 AM

@wererage

I'm excited to see what people come up with. 😊

I suppose. It's more about expression. That's why I love it so much. I'll share some of my poems with you through PM later. Remind me! ❤ī¸

Same here! I always put on music when doing my homework. It helps me concentrate, and makes me feel more relaxed.

I like drawing as well, and I take classes. I've just finished working half a year on oil pastels, and now I'm on pencil drawing (sketch). What kind of art do you like to do?