[ CLOSED ] WRITING Contest! *Win IMMORTAL Old LE's!*

in User Contests & Giveaways

423 posts

fizzlefruit • 25 February 2014 at 7:15 PM

@pegasasu All of it,I plan on working on it later.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 25 February 2014 at 7:16 PM

@fizzlefruit

So that's not your final submission?

423 posts

fizzlefruit • 25 February 2014 at 7:16 PM

@pegasasu yup 😊

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 25 February 2014 at 7:17 PM

@fizzlefruit

Alrighty, ping me/PM when you've got your final! I'd prefer you only post your final, but whatever works.

3,399 posts

bun • 25 February 2014 at 8:24 PM

@pegasasu
That's all. 😸

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 25 February 2014 at 8:55 PM

@pegasasu Might post in last minute term as English is not my native language and I need time for editing the story.

Deleted • 25 February 2014 at 9:46 PM

@pegasasu

I stood there. I was holding the knife in my hand. My hand was trembling, but I hardly noticed. All I could see, all I could hear, was the red haze in my eyes and the blood rushing through my ears. A tear streaked down my face as my mind suddenly seemed to blank out. A few seconds later, my mind began to run through everything that brought me there.

I drop the knife. It clatters to the floor, and my senses focus on the silver blade bouncing back and forth on the blade and handle. Then it starts to slow down. Even slower than it should. It rolls to its side and lies there. I turn around sluggishly, and I leave. I did what I came for, so I leave.

Blarg. Well, that was interesting. 😋

Female
276 posts

arcticwonders • 25 February 2014 at 10:24 PM

@pegasasu

She sat under the willow tree, simply breathing. Breathing was all she could do; a mundane task all humans did without any urging. It was simply common sense.

But not for him. It appeared he had forgotten how; and now he lay, cold, with not a single breath of air puffing out through his smiling lips. The sky let out a faint sigh, and his thin hair stirred momentarily, waving the same way as the slowly fading grass beside him.

Grass that eventually withered into pathetic brown stalks, drooped and gasping under the heat of the sun. Grass that died so, so quickly.

And she crushed it with her foot, face completely blank, a cloudy cover over the hurricane underneath. And she felt dizzy, and she opened her mouth; she let in the cursed breath that only prolonged the existence of pale flesh, carved with veins of cerulean and crimson, all simply begging to be released into its true form.

She glanced to the side, at his still form; wondered what he dreamed, why he had forgotten the taste of air. Why he had come, smiled, and collapsed among the green. He had forgotten to breathe, then; yet, he had still not laughed. Pale fire threatened to burst, and a chilling wind whispered a lullaby through the flames, hushing them back into ashes.

He had always laughed. A slight misstep, and the shape tumbled to the floor, the sting of pain marring his face for only an instant before a smile broke out, and a weak, wobbly laugh;

"I'm okay."

Yet as she sat, hesitantly reaching, he did not reciprocate. He remained in a cold, stone silence, eyes closed, lashes quivering slightly against the gray frames of glass he always wore. They were cracked, slightly; for hours, perhaps years, they had been cracked. It was simply...

a game, this world's sight.

Wasn't it?

This, she wished, hoped, cried for, was correct. Only holding his breath, testing his will, and soon he would shake, perhaps even the faintest bit, to breathe in and announce his joy.

She closed her eyes, a smile winding itself like a snake onto her face, as she waited, waited for the sound of the snapping grass, a sound that her own feet would not make, would never make, as she simply sat, and breathed, and hoped.

Though beside her, like a statue, was someone who never would.

423 posts

fizzlefruit • 26 February 2014 at 7:39 AM

@pegasasu

As Cerdas the cat stood up he knew it would be a terrible day. Every day since Loko the dog showed up his life had been miserable…..Cerdas thought, why can’t dogs live on Jupiter? He didn't like dogs at all, they were big, messy, slobs, throwing their tongues out everywhere, drooling. But, his owners adored the ugly mutt. Otherwise, cats were very clean creatures, they were good companions too.

Cerdas didn't feel energetic anytime, only in the mornings. He went outside to taste the morning air when a furry, brown, ball hurdled toward him. At first, he froze, and then small claws started raking his shoulder. He felt like the small warrior gave up but he didn't, the small fur ball started biting his ears .Cerdas ran as the small warrior clung to his back, and then he started shaking. A few moments later the small warrior shook off and fell to the ground with a thud.

Cerdas slowly and carefully stalked over to the small, brown shape. It had 2 small ears and small claws, also a bush tail the looked very luxurious. Suddenly, small eyes began to open, and Cerdas stepped back. The mysterious being‘s nose began to twitch, small arms began to move. Suddenly every part of the small creature’s body came alive, and the small creature climbed to the roof and glided to the next tree.

Every day after that Cerdas had to patrol his backyard. Most of the times found nothing. But one time he had found more of those brown squirrels, jumping and climbing from tree to tree. He had found out those strange creatures were squirrels after he thought about it over night. Also, he had found another cat that had a sleek white coat; she had also hated the brown squirrels. Every day Cerdas and the sleek cat would explore together.
One of the times they were adventuring in the forest of Egtillo, in Divistion (made up) they felt like they were being watched, they had faced many challenges like getting away from their owners, but now this was different. They could see small yellow slits opening and closing like eyes. They quickly escaped the scary sight, and then they eventually found their way back home. Both of them never wanted to experience the horror again.

Right know Cerdas was at home wondering if they would ever experience such thing. As the sun rose, Cerdas knew it wouldn't be such a bad day. As both of the cats woke up and walked to the meeting place the sun was higher. Both of them didn't know what to do when they went to a shady tree and laid down to think. Suddenly the leaves began to shake and the brown balls hurdled toward them.

~~~~~~~~~~~TO BE CONTINUED~~~~~~~~~~~~

Female
1,821 posts

pjbuzzy • 26 February 2014 at 9:37 AM

I hope my entry isn't too late 😋

This is the beginning of a novel I have been writing. It's called "Totem"

I clutched my crystal firmly in my hand as I made my way to the totem hut. I had been waiting for this day my entire life, and it was finally here. My totem day, the day that I find out what my spirit animal is. Of course, I already know that I’m going to be an otter. Me and Lindsey had decided a long time ago that we were otters. Still, I was nervous. I scanned the area for Lindsey. She promised me that she would meet me, and we would be tested together. I couldn’t see her anywhere though. Step by step, I made my way to the totem house. The crystal was slippery in my hands, soaked with the sweat from my palms. I admit, I was nervous. Very nervous. Then, in front of me, peeking out from behind the trees, I saw it. The totem house. I had never seen it before, of course, but I knew that this was it. In front of the small hut, three totem poles stood, rooted to the ground. I spotted the carving of the otter on one of the poles, and I felt butterflies flutter in my stomach. Hanging from the walls of the hut were crystals of many different colors, shapes, and varieties. As I walked up to the pathway of the hut, a beautiful violet crystal caught the light of the setting sun, illuminating it with light rays. The pathway leading to the door of the hut was made of mica, sparkling wonderously in the evening light. I stepped on it carefully, not wanting to ruin the beauty of it. I stared down at the pathway all the way to the hut, clutching the crystal in my hand. Before I knew it, the door to the hut was right in front of me. There was a small basket by the door, with a wooden sign next to it that read “Place crystals in basket”. I rolled the crystal around in my hand, examining it for the last time. Once I put it in the basket, I would never see it again. I finally gathered the courage to place the pink-tinted crystal in the basket. Then, I took a deep breath, and went inside the hut.

It was dark inside the cave. Water dripped from the ceiling and splashed in tiny puddles on the cold, rocky floor. Quietly, slowly, moss grew. Millimeter by millimeter, it crawled up the walls, across the floor, along the edges of the rocks. Even when everything else in the cave was still, the moss still crawled, still grew, still climbed. It wasn’t disturbed by the snoring. It would grow forever, even after the bear was gone.

The hut was bigger than it seemed from the outside. The floor was a carpet of grass, with specks of mica embedded between blades. The room was illuminated by jars that held candles, placed around the room so that they left small pockets of light. In the center of the room, there was a tree stump made to be a table. Wooden totem animals were scattered around the room, each with a crystal around its neck. I felt a tweak of excitement in my stomach when I saw the otter wearing a pink crystal around its neck, much like the one that I had been given at my crystal ceremony. Suddenly, a woman emerged from behind a curtain near the back of the hut. I knew who she was. She was the Totem Gypsy, the woman who assigns each villager their spirit animal when they turn 13. She wore a long, indigo dress that covered her feet. It was imprinted with gold designs, swirls, lines, shapes… It was hypnotic to look at. She also wore the most interesting variety of jewelry I had ever seen. Gold necklaces, bracelets made of stones, bangles of every color, crystals, an assortment of gems and jewels, she even wore a bracelet of animal teeth. Gold and silver rings wrapped around her fingers, and intricate silver earrings dangled from her ears. Purple gemstone earrings lined her entire right ear, and a silver snake ear-cuff slithered up her left ear. Her dark brown hair fell halfway down her back, with thick spiraling curls making her look like a lion. Her eyes were a piercing blue-gray, and they reminded me of the ocean. She flashed a smile, her teeth flawlessly white. Her hands motioned me to come and sit by the tree stump table.
“Welcome, Child,” she said. Her voice was deeper than I expected, but gentle.
“Uh, h-hello…” I stuttered nervously. What if I made a fool of myself? What if I didn’t get the otter? The gypsy was trying to hide a smile, but I could still tell.
“Give me your hand.” She spoke softly, as if trying not to disturb something. I reluctantly put out my hand. She grasped it lightly and flipped it over so that my palm was facing upward. She traced the lines on my hand, muttering to herself. I was pretty sure I heard the word “death” and shuddered nervously. When she was done, she started asking me questions.
“Do you have a good memory? What do you do in your free time? Which color is your favorite?” When she asked me what my favorite animal was, I answered quickly. The otter, of course. After about 12 questions, she stood up, motioned for me to follow her, and stepped into a dark doorway. I followed hesitantly, not knowing where the doorway led to. After walking slowly through a dark hallway lined with candles, I emerged into a room. The gypsy had somehow vanished, though I don’t know where she could have gone. Along the outer edges of the room stood 12 statues, one of each spirit animal. The deer, the wolf, the bear, the otter, the cougar, the raven, the newt, the squirrel, the owl, the snake, the trout, and the butterfly all stood proudly, seemingly staring at me. I smiled at the otter, as if it were alive. Suddenly, a voice echoed throughout the cavernous room. I jumped slightly as it spoke.
“Greetings, Grace”, it said with a booming yet soothing voice.
“Uh, hi?” I questioned, not knowing exactly how to answer.
“Your spirit animal is being summoned.”
“What?!” My spirit animal was going to show up right now?
“Just wait and see”, the strange voice said mysteriously.
Suddenly, the room filled with blue mist. Or was it smoke? It didn’t smell like smoke, but it didn’t exactly look like mist. I didn’t know what it was, I just hoped it wasn’t deadly. And then, the mist-smoke started to form into a shape. It looked like a blob, but then it started to morph into something more familiar. An otter? Yes! It was an otter! My stomach was doing flip-flops of excitement. But them, the shape changed. It grew bigger, the shoulders became more defined, the legs became longer. It’s tail shrunk to a tiny stub, and its snout stretched out longer. And I knew exactly what it was. The shape standing before me, made of some strange, color-changing gas, was a bear.

It was awake. It wasn’t supposed to awaken until Spring, but apparently it didn’t care that there were still feet of snow on the ground. It padded out of the cave, into the swirling snow. And then, without even looking back, it stepped out of the cave and disappeared into the storm.

I took a step backward, in shock. I was horrified. I couldn’t be the bear, I was an otter! I refused to accept the fact that the shape standing in front of me was a stupid bear. I shut the thought out of my mind, my face buried in my hands. I felt my throat tighten, and felt the tears sting my eyes. When I looked up, the bear was gone. I was relieved that I didn’t have to stare at its hideousness anymore. But that didn’t change the fact that my Spirit animal was the bear. Maybe I could request to have it changed, there had to be a way. I was not going to live with this. I couldn’t. I kneeled down on the ground, my face still in my hands, tears dripping onto the grassy carpet underneath me. The gypsy suddenly reappeared in the doorway. I looked at her, my face stained with tears.
“How can I be the bear? I was supposed to be an otter,” I sniffled.
“No, you were meant to be the bear. I know you wanted to be the otter, but that isn’t what you truly are.”
“No! I know that I am an otter! There has been a mistake!” My shouts echo throughout the room.
The gypsy becomes frustrated, I could see it in her eyes.
“No. There are no mistakes here in the Totem Hut. There never has been, and there never will be. You are the bear, not the otter. You can be as disappointed as you want, but it won’t change anything.” She then snapped her fingers and the room disappeared. I was in an unfamiliar clearing. Tall grass swayed in the gentle wind. Everything was silent, except for the rush of the wind. I looked around, and had no idea where I was.

Male
1,224 posts

takochu • 26 February 2014 at 11:18 AM

Thank you. It was just a normal day, when it happened. I will recount my experiences. They felt like a dream, but they were not. These experiences were pure reality. Silence in the crowd please. Thank you. It was summer and I was walking to my favorite place to catch tadpoles and aquatic arthropods. I was just dipping my bamboo net into the water when I tripped. I don’t know why, maybe it was because of the slippery rocks beneath my feet. This is just one of the unanswered questions left by the experience. I was sure I would drown when I saw the creature. It was long and scaly and it looked like the cross between a dragon, a mudpuppy and a water viper. I was running out of air when two strangely-dressed kids pulled me out of the water.

I spit the water out of my mouth and saw something next to me. I saw a creature about the size of my fist. It was silvery gray color and had armored plates. I then lost consciousness...

The next events were a blur. I woke up on the rocky ground next to the pond. The pill bug had uncurled and was walking away. The two kids took off their hoods. The girl had long, blonde hair and silvery eyes. The boy was shorter, had dirty-blonde hair and the same silver eyes. The girl helped me up and said, “Hello, I am Io and this is my brother callisto.” The boy said a quiet, “hi.” “I’m Euclid”, I said. “What year is it?” “Don’t you know?”, Io asked. “It’s 2137.” “Wait a minute”, I said. “Where I came from, it was the summer of 2014!” “I wasn’t asleep that long.” “Wait, was I?” Both Io and Callisto laughed. “No, silly, you must have come through a time portal”, Io said. “So this is Entercorp’s big project?”, Callisto asked. “Huh?”, I asked in response. “Never mind, you’ll find out later”, Io said mysteriously. Just then, we heard a rustling noise in the bushes.

Suddenly, a creature burst from a bush. The creature had colorful feathers and long, sharp quills running from its neck to its back. The creature suddenly shrieked and flared its quills at us. Callisto distracted it by throwing rocks. That didn’t work long, though. The creature charged me. I thought I was going to die when Io jumped in front of me and hit the creature with a rusty pole. Callisto grabbed a sharp stick and jabbed it into the creature to make sure it was dead. The creature flinched a few times, but that was it.

“What was that?”, I asked as we were walking to their house. “It was an arajokin or “quill bird”, Io replied. “Those things have a nasty bite”, Callisto said. “It would have ripped your throat out and killed you for sure.” “Callisto!”, Io said. “You do not scare a guest like that!” Callisto shrugged. “It’s all true”, he said. Io came and apologized for her brother’s behavior. Io said she was thirteen, like me, but she seemed older. Callisto and Io were twins, so he was thirteen also. “What was the thing Callisto was talking about, Entercorp was it?” “Entercorp is a sort of company, Io said. “First though, I must explain what happened before this.” About 60 years ago, there was a war.”

___________More Soon________________

Female
438 posts

satoshi818 • 26 February 2014 at 4:47 PM

@pegasasu

PM'd it to you!

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 27 February 2014 at 11:29 AM

@kiryko

Really? That's actually really interesting. Good luck! c:

@choocalate @arcticwonders @pjbuzzy @takochu

Fantastic! Are these you guys' complete entries, or will any of you be adding to them?

Female
29 posts

vzumi • 27 February 2014 at 11:30 AM

@satoshi818

Alrighty, thank you! Is the entry you PM'd your entry in its final form?

@fizzlefruit

There is still more to be added, correct?

[ By the way, this is @pegasasu on her side. ]

Female
1,821 posts

pjbuzzy • 27 February 2014 at 11:42 AM

@pegasasu I might add more to it eventually, but currently that is all I have

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 27 February 2014 at 11:44 AM

@pjbuzzy

Sounds good!

Female
1,821 posts

pjbuzzy • 27 February 2014 at 11:46 AM

@pegasasu Is it really that good? I'm not even sure if its good or not, it was just something random I had been working on in my free time xD

Deleted • 27 February 2014 at 11:47 AM

@pegasasu

Mine is final

But it's terrible

No inspiration

But still genius

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 27 February 2014 at 11:50 AM

@pjbuzzy

The concept of totems and spirit animals is definitely very interesting! There are a few grammar issues from my brief skimming, but I can't wait to get through all of these entries. I've pasted them all into a single word document, and it looks like I've got 12 pages of stories to read. 😋

Female
1,821 posts

pjbuzzy • 27 February 2014 at 11:52 AM

@pegasasu Wow! That's a lot of entries! And yes, I personally love the whole idea of spirit animals and stuff like that, and I based it off of myself, since my spirit animal is a bear, so it was quite fun to write. 😊 I can't wait for Round 2 of this contest! This is such a great idea for a contest 😋

Female
29 posts

vzumi • 27 February 2014 at 11:53 AM

@choocalate

Ah, how I love gore. //shot ;>

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 27 February 2014 at 11:54 AM

@pjbuzzy

And not everyone has even turned in their entries yet o-o' Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do!

Actually, I got this idea from @asi / @smilies. I got one of my first creatures from getting third place in her writing contest way back when.

Female
1,821 posts

pjbuzzy • 27 February 2014 at 12:03 PM

@pegasasu Wow o3o Good luck with all that reading!

Yeah, its a much better contest than all of the "Feed my creatures!" contests and stuff -.-'

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 27 February 2014 at 5:05 PM

@pjbuzzy

It's fun! ^^

423 posts

fizzlefruit • 27 February 2014 at 5:09 PM

@vzumi,Really No.No more that I am entering in This contest.

Edit:I changed my mind,Can i enter the rest of it in round 2?

Female
276 posts

arcticwonders • 27 February 2014 at 9:44 PM

Mine's complete, sorry it's so short-- Inspiration comes and goes.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 28 February 2014 at 5:39 PM

@pegasasu Finished, I hope. 😋

An unseen, unimagined horror was happening to my friends that surrounded me. My companions drifted around in bewilderment as one by one, we were taken from the only world we knew. The great jaws came swooping toward me, the same one that had taken the others. Fear grasped me strongly, determined not to let us go as we flew up to the Unknown. Dryness immediately filled my lungs as I was shoved from my life giving air. I struggled, trying to get back, but the jaws held me tight. Something dry held me to stop my resistance. I released my breath, thinking it to be my last. But with a whoosh I gasped, I was back in a place where I could breath. I began to think. Where was I? The brilliant light blinded my eyes. All the colors bled into each other, creating a melting illusion. I moved a bit and encountered something solid. Surprised, I took a closer look. Everything still looked distorted. Nothing was there. Confused, I inched forward and found it again. Smooth hardness greeted me. It was some kind of physic wall of energy.

Alone. The isolation was killing me slowly, driving me insane. Every minute I would knock on the energy field as hard and rapid as I could. Pain jolted through me but I didn’t care. I needed to get out. Suddenly, everything began to move. I felt like I was flying as I bumped into the solid energy wall. Some Cyclops was taking me. My limbs shivered at the tails of horror that had circulated at home about Cyclopes swam in my head. You could be eaten, tortured, or if you were lucky, serve as slave of their entertainment. I braced myself for my fate.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 28 February 2014 at 5:42 PM

@fizzlefruit

Of course! All who make it to the next round can enter continuations if they'd like, or completely new stories.

@arcticwonders

No problem at all! Short and sweet c;

@spiritkoi

Lovely, thank you!

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 28 February 2014 at 5:44 PM

@pegasasu Thank you!

Oh, and when I say "tails of horror" I really mean tails. Can you guess what I'm writing about? 😋

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 28 February 2014 at 5:47 PM

@spiritkoi

Ah, I did catch that little pun there, but I'm not sure what you're writing about besides general Greek Mythology. I'm not too familiar with the subject ^^;