[ CLOSED ] WRITING Contest! *Win IMMORTAL Old LE's!*

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 2 March 2014 at 3:05 PM

@jupiter_hollow *shakes fist* Darnit. I was hoping for Subby.

It's Alexin isn't it? XD

Female
10,379 posts

jupiter_hollow • 2 March 2014 at 3:06 PM

@bunnyshadow

*giggle* No xD If you wanna read about Alexin's romance with Eytan, then read through Lehigh academy .3. It's magical.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 2 March 2014 at 3:07 PM

@jupiter_hollow I really want to post on Lehigh but I don't know what. xD

Female
10,379 posts

jupiter_hollow • 2 March 2014 at 3:10 PM

@bunnyshadow

Oh FINE! It /is/ Subutai x'D

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 2 March 2014 at 3:11 PM

@jupiter_hollow OMG PLEASE. Have his hair whip around slow motion in the wind.

Wait omg.

You should describe him killing someone that looks somewhat like Sylv just for the feels. xD

Female
10,379 posts

jupiter_hollow • 2 March 2014 at 3:14 PM

@bunnyshadow Yes, okay, FINE! 8I shush wohman!

Shhhhhh, don't spoil it. xD But it will be magical .3.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 2 March 2014 at 3:17 PM

@jupiter_hollow OKAY OKAY. I'LL STOP NOW. SORRY

Female
10,379 posts

jupiter_hollow • 2 March 2014 at 3:24 PM

@bunnyshadow

I mean, there will be a woman, but it won't be Sylvia. I can't use your character and you can't give me ideas so shhhh. XD

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 2 March 2014 at 3:25 PM

@jupiter_hollow Okay okay. *puts hand over mouth* :X

Female
10,379 posts

jupiter_hollow • 2 March 2014 at 3:31 PM

@bunnyshadow

Oi, on an unrelated note, I also wanna see your story as well. =P

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 2 March 2014 at 3:42 PM

@jupiter_hollow I'll mail it to you when I get home. xD

Female
10,379 posts

jupiter_hollow • 2 March 2014 at 3:47 PM

@bunnyshadow

Mkae. =P

Male
1,801 posts

cirrus • 5 March 2014 at 6:10 PM

@pegasasu

@pegasasu

~Aithne~

I look at the sunset from the roof of our apartment building. Leroux is sitting next to me, and for a second my worries melt away.

"Almost tricks me into a sense of false security," Leroux leans over to me, whispering. I look at him. My fushia eyes flecked with amber meet his blue ones flecked with white. It reminds me just how different we are. Fire and ice. I look pretty normal aside from my eyes, that's our giveaway, but Leroux is special. It's not just his eyes that show his element, it's all of him. His skin is shiny as if melting, and comes to strange edges like it's carved of ice. It's like a layer of ice encompases his body.

I reach out my hand. Steam floats into the air where our hands meet. I lean over, kissing him lightly as more steam sizzles off his lips. With my hand in his, I lean back and continue to watch the sunset. I think of the others, Naseem, Terrin, and Olivia, who are out camping, living in a small stretch of woods not too far from here. They preferred to live away from society, Leroux, Luke and I preferred to be a part of it. We see each other every day though.

I worry they're coming closer, the Carnies. They aren't like the ones you're thinking of. They don't just look scary, they are scary. They scare me. That's what they do, use scare tactics to manipulate you.

There's too many of them to count, but a few of them, the leaders, we all know of. They all work for the scariest of them all. Just the thought of him gives me chills. He's dressed in a mardi gras costume, usually in a Carnival of Venice style. We've only encountered him a few times and almost died every one of them.

Leroux leans back more, and I rest my head on his shoulder. I clear my mind of my previous thoughts. There's no need to spoil the moment. The sun sliding down the sky. Almost gone.

"Hahahahaha." A long cackle brings chills to my spine as I jump up. Leroux grabs my hands. They're here.

Instantly, flames leap from my fingertips. One thing I've noticed about my flames is they're color. They're like the sunset. Yes, they're orange, but they have flashes of gold and are tipped with violet. As I swipe my arm through the air, flames slide off. They swirl with the sun and mix with the horizon. I create a funnel of air pointing at the man. Flames swirl within it, casting a beautiful light on the scene. I've noticed how we use our abilities. It feels wrong. They're all so beautiful fighting with them seems like a sin. I shoot electricity. It explodes on the ground knocking everyone down, the man, Leroux, all the other Carnies, me.

~Leroux~

I fall on my back. A block of concrete is missing from the rooftop and black streaks sweep outward form the crater. I groan as I try to get back up. Aithne has always had trouble controlling lightning.

I stand up first and spring to action. Cold air springs from my hands and swirls around the three Carnies. Spires of ice rise around their bodies, locking them in place. I run to Aithne and help her up. "You need to be more careful."

"I'm trying! It was me shooting lightning that gave you the opportunity to do that," she says to me, her voice strained with frustration and the amber flecks in her eyes glowing brightly. But they quickly soften to a star's shine. "I'm sorry. I know, I still need to practice my lightning more." She brushes off her elbows; a stream of blood flows down one of them. I grab her arm, applying cold to her elbow to relieve the stinging. She looks up at me, and I gently lean in to her embrace.

"I'm sorry," I whisper as I realize, "We need to see if Luke's alright."

"And I guess we'll have to leave... again."

I grab her hand and lead her inside. Maybe the rest of the Carnies didn't know where we were, maybe they thought we would be easy to defeat, but either way, there were about four times as many inside all ganging up on Luke. His dark red eyes glow and a bubble of red light surrounds him. Maroon spears and shurikens fly through the room, all of Luke's creation.

I let go Aithne's hand and sprint forward. Icy cold air stings forward in front of me, slicing through the crowd of Carnies surrounding Luke. I send daggers of ice into the Carnies. I dodge a ball of fire, Aithne's. About five Carnies surround me. I create a fence of jagged ice spikes. Crystals of ice swirl around me, forming shards like glass and exploding outward. I create a long staff of ice and destroy the fence surrounding me. My staff ready, I lunge at one of the Carnies. The staff cuts his side and I can see the ice crystallizing around the wound. The ice spreads through his bloodstream and completely freezes the area. The ice spreads across the rest of his body too, leaving him unable to move. My ice goes flying in all directions. Like an explosion, ice flies from my body and freezes whatever it touches. Carnies continually get hit with my attack. Spikes of ice rise from the ground and form on the ceiling. Everything is covered in a frost or on fire. The frost turns to snow as I pile it on the Carnies. There's just too many of them.

~Naseem~

I watch the sun slowly fade. The moon can be seen on the other side of the sky. The sky. I draw my powers from it. It is my powers. But this peace, getting to watch the sun set, is too much to ask for.

The trees rustle unnaturally, and I know it's them. I don't tell Olivia or Terrin. I don't want the Carnies to know I know they're here. I call the wind. A tornado half forms around the campsite with us in the middle. Multiple Carnies fall from the trees. Terrin, Olivia, and I subconsciously walk towards the middle, back to back, ready for battle. Clouds group together in an unnatural formation over our campsite. Fog forms around us as the clouds start to pour. The wind picks up, whipping around us perfectly and acting as a barrier. I create a twister and spin around one of the Carnies. I blast gusts of air after gusts of air, create funnel after funnel, knock down Carnie after Carnie. Eventually, I give up and decide to call on my lightning. I feel the heat on my face. A bright light cuts through the rain and fog. The glow of a fire is quickly put out by the rain. I try to be careful not to hit either of the girls. I create multiple small funnels and send them tearing through the campsite. The rain turns to hail, so I go to find Terrin and Olivia. I'll them to the trees where we can take cover from the hail. The fog is so thick the visibility is close to zero. Eventually, I bump into Terrin and go with her to shelter.

"Good idea," she says. The Carnies run like crazy, unable to see anything, being pelted with hail, struck by lightning, and throw around by a tornado.

"Thanks," I say. Her eyes meet mine; they're brown but green around the edges with golden flecks. Without thinking, I lean forward and kiss her. We're soaking wet and every once in a while I feel the sting of hail, but it doesn't bother me. I take a step away from Terrin. We promised to just be friends. We've known each other since we were 6, but recently things have been stressful between us.

When I look back at her, she doesn't seem mad at me. In fact, she grabs my hand and just stands there.

Deleted • 5 March 2014 at 6:11 PM

~Terrin~

I grab Nassem's hand. Maybe we can be more than friends. /Friends!/ I realize. I need to find Olivia. "I'm sorry, I've got to get Olivia." I run off into the fog while he tries to say something. It's funny how for a second I totally forgot about everything going on.

Suddenly, I run into a large blue light penetrating through the fog. "Olivia!" She's been fighting Carnies this entire time, and I instantly feel horrible. A glowing, blue giant panda is attacking the Carnies. I make vines wrap around one of the Carnies as the panda knocks him over. More vines grow on either side of me as I lash them around, whipping the Carnies. I send rocks flying at them. I feel invincible.

Suddenly, Olivia's shield of bright blue light fades. I see her on her knees. Oh no. The head Carny is here. He's wearing a white mask with a blue design on it, a disfigured panda. A panda! Olivia's signature animal. She always creates a panda to aid her. "No!" I scream. I fling a rock at their leader. The one who's going to kill Olivia. He looks at me, his eyes narrowing. Like a ninja, he runs towards me. He dodges every attack I throw at him. The grass grows unnaturally long and grabs at him feet. He runs past me, but catches his foot on mine and I fall. I grab the grass and stand up, a large rock attacked to the grass comes up in my hands and I fling it at him. He didn't expect that, and it makes contact with his arm. I'm going to protect my best friend.
I rip the water from the grass and shoot it at him. It pierces his red velvet coat. I have the advantage now. Vines wrap around his body. He tries to stop them, but they keep re-wrapping around him.

Suddenly, I go flying into the ground. I land on my arm and instantly know it's broken. Olivia can heal me. I look and see Olivia's panda standing over me. It's going to heal me. The fog instantly disappears. I didn't notice when the rain and lightning stopped, but it had too. The panda's face is set in a ferocious grin. "What?" I look over at Olivia, helping up the Carnies' leader. She has tears forming in her blue-white eyes and spilling across her face. And the panda's arm goes down. I feel my body flying. My broken arm connects with the ground again and I go tumbling across the grass. I see Naseem running over to me.

"Terrin!" He crouches by my side and looks at Olivia. His purple eyes are rimmed with silver. The white-yellow flecks in them are glowing and electricity seems to be snapping in between them. Suddenly, lightning shoots from his hands. A ferocity I've never seen explodes from him. The lightning blows up between Olivia and the man in the Carnival of Venice mask. The rain pours harder than I've ever seen it rain. Hail, shards of ice, fling themselves at the ground. I protect myself under an earthen tent. The ground quickly floods more than it ever would naturally. Unnatural waves runs past me and Naseem and crash into Olivia and the man.

With my broken arm, I can't help. Never have I felt so useless. When suddenly, a dark red arrow pierces Naseem's shoulder. His blood smears across the grass and is washed away by the hail, which quickly turns to rain.

~Luke~

As a last resort, I summon my dragon. A light grows in my chest. I feel like I'm expanding, when a giant, glowing, maroon dragon pounces from my chest. It destroys the rooms and the walls. The ceiling caves in and the windows blow outward. The floor starts to crack and I see the Carnies screaming and running out the door. Aithne and Leroux jump out the gap in the wall and land on the street hoping their powers would cushion their fall. To be sure, I use my powers to slow them down and jump out the window myself and the uncontrollable dragon tears down the building. I see people screaming and running out the lobby of the apartment and feel horrible, but I had to. It's too late to stop the dragon.

Aithne, Leroux, and I run several blocks and meet the woods where we know the others will be.

As we reach the campsite I see Naseem attacking Olivia. Without question, I shoot at him.

"What are you doing!" I scream at Naseem. He was attacking Olivia.

"She's... evil," Nassem coughs.

"Shut up!" I say. He's lying. She's peace. She's the girl of light. She would never betray us. I turn around. I see the man with a mask that looks like a panda. Olivia's panda. It's white and blue, only with wicked curls around the eyes and mouth, similar to my tendrils reaching out. "Olivia," I say.

She glows with energy and walks over to me. She heals Naseem and Terrin. I smile. "I knew you would betray us."

"Well, you were wrong," she says. Tears streak down her face and my smile turns sour. Her hand glows blue and she pushes my chest. Instantaneously, her hand explodes with energy. I fly backwards, cushioning myself with my energy. I'm chaos, she's peace. I was stupid to believe she'd ever like me, but how could she want to join him. It's not possible. My eyes glow red and my energy surrounds me. She couldn't have. She couldn't have! My chaos breaks loose. I can't control my actions as large tendrils come from my force field. They knock into everything. The ground cracks and red light runs through it like magma. The earth shakes and the trees around us crash. The world is shaking so hard I am stumbling to stay on my feet.

I scream and cry letting my energy completely escape. Without meaning to, a red light bursts from my heart and creates a glowing the red dragon made from my own energy. The extreme shaking of the ground doesn't even seem to effect the dragon. It's giant tail crashes down on the trees and swings towards Olivia, who summons her panda. The two animals attack each other, tumbling around the clearing. I see the others, I see Olivia, and I see the man. I can see his horrified eyes behind his mask. The ground is completely reshaped with jagged rocks coming up in strange places. A blinding light comes from my force field. It grows brighter and brighter. My force field explodes outward surrounding all of us, then violently implodes towards me. I feel the shaking stop as my body lifts up in the air. I can see everyone else, Aithne and Leroux, Naseem and Terrin, and Olivia and the masked man. They have all been pulled towards me from the force of the implosion and fallen over. They don't move. I feel like I'm sinking, then I fall on my back as the world darkens. I lost the girl of light, she found darkness.

~Olivia~

I'm the only one to awaken since I can use my powers to keep the chaos from getting to me. I purify the others, drawing the chaos from them. They still won't wake up for another hour or so, but the chaos won't kill them. Lastly, I revive Luke and my Master.

"What are you doing, kill them now," my Master urges me. At that moment, Luke starts to get up. Master hurries to stand, takes one glance at Luke, and says, "Fine. We won't kill them today. I understand that as peace, you wish not to kill anyone."

"Thank you, Master," I say as he disappears into the forest. It very foggy and humid with cracks running through the ground and tipped over trees. I take one look back and see Lucas Devereaux. /One day you'll see, Lucas. They aren't the bad guys, you just have to take time to accept it./ A tear rolls down my cheek as I too disappear into the forest.

Female
10,379 posts

jupiter_hollow • 5 March 2014 at 8:17 PM

@skittlejg Woah dude, neat!

@pegasasu I'll post tomorrow because 3:16 am... I have the first two posts ready, just gotta write the end. and I'm sleepy so.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 6 March 2014 at 1:01 AM

http://www.missliterati.com/chapters/the-tree-51eecc50154a610a86003f42

Male
1,801 posts

cirrus • 6 March 2014 at 9:21 PM

@jupiter_hollow We're you allowed to join the contest. =DDDDDDDDD

423 posts

fizzlefruit • 9 March 2014 at 11:00 AM

@pegasasu When is round 2? nobody pinged me!☹️

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 9 March 2014 at 11:07 AM

@skittlejg

I'm guessing @cirrus is your side, right?

@bunnyshadow @jupiter_hollow

*thumbs up*

@fizzlefruit

It hasn't started yet. I'll probably judge by the end of today.

423 posts

fizzlefruit • 9 March 2014 at 11:08 AM

@pegasasu KK thanks!

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 9 March 2014 at 11:28 AM

I've finally gone through 27 pages of writing from all of the entries, and they were all great to read. Making the decision of who will move on to the next round was very difficult. All of the entries were lovely, but only 10 could move on in the contest to becoming America's Next Top Model.

Wait, what?

Anyway, the ten writers moving on to Round 2:

@pjbuzzy
@skittlejg
@spiritkoi
@whispers
@choocalate
@starling
@arcticwonders
@_black3333_
@bunnyshadow
@kiryko

Thank you to everyone who participated, and I can't wait to see more writing from you all. ❤️

If you would like constructive criticism, for those moving on or for those who aren't, I'd be glad to offer some. ^^

Female
29 posts

vzumi • 9 March 2014 at 11:30 AM

@starling
@arcticwonders
@_black3333_
@bunnyshadow
@kiryko

[ ROUND TWO: ]
- Entries CAN be a continuation of your last story, a different ending, or a completely different story altogether!
- Entries are due by Wednesday, March 19th, ending at 11:59:59 PM ECT. Because of time zone differences, I recommend you try to get your entry in early!
- Submit your entries by posting them on this thread, or PM me.
- Five people will be eliminated after Round Two!
- Good luck!

Female
1,821 posts

pjbuzzy • 9 March 2014 at 11:30 AM

@pegasasu Yay! I have a question, though. Can the next entry be a continuation of our last entry?

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 9 March 2014 at 11:31 AM

@pjbuzzy

Yep! I'll add that in the little rules section now, so people don't get confused. ^^

Female
1,821 posts

pjbuzzy • 9 March 2014 at 11:32 AM

@pegasasu Ok, great ^^ This is such a fun contest x3

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 9 March 2014 at 11:33 AM

@pjbuzzy

Thank you! I hope to do more in the future ^^ Getting prizes is difficult, though--

Female
10,379 posts

jupiter_hollow • 9 March 2014 at 11:54 AM

@pegasasu Awwww, I missed the deadline :/ Anyway, I'll post what I have for now anyway, since I don't to have written it for nothing. xD

Would you mind?

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 9 March 2014 at 11:55 AM

@jupiter_hollow

KYAAA girl why qq--

But sure! I'd still love to see your writing.

Female
10,379 posts

jupiter_hollow • 9 March 2014 at 12:04 PM

@pegasasu

Nevermind, I'll actually finish it first. xD

Oi, isn't there a way to admit one more person though? Make 'em eleven. xD

[[cough- blame it on bunnyshadow and fluffy -cough]]

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 9 March 2014 at 12:06 PM

@jupiter_hollow

NOBODY HAS TO KNOW-- //killed

Truth be told, I stalked your posts -imeanwat- and you can join in Round 2 if you want. 8'D