Sunlight Through Broken Glass

in Roleplaying

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 3 October 2011 at 10:09 PM

(Btw guys, there are four wings, A, B, C, and D, but D is for those with higher positions, so you will only get wings A-C 😊)

3,490 posts

skylark • 3 October 2011 at 10:16 PM

(Wooohoo I don't have to edit 😃 and maybe wing As are the only one wings that are double rooms?)

Aibee decided to leave her unpacking for later on, and freshened up. She hated travelling, though the bus ride only took 15 minutes. Aibee walked down to Annie's room, and knocked lightly.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 3 October 2011 at 10:41 PM

@skylark sure 😊

Annie navigated her way to her dorm and opened the door. A strange, autumny scent wafted out the door. She stepped into her new room. It wasn't much different from her previous one, bit the view was much different. Instead of seeing other houses and the wall through her window, all she could see was a sea of trees and forest life. In the distance, small hills became mountains. "Wow..." she whispered. She began to unpack and waited for further instructions.

(and if we follow how skylark had suggested, A-single rooms B-large dorms, four-five people, C-doubles. D is singles, but you don't need to worry about that 😉)

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 3 October 2011 at 10:48 PM

"Easy enough." Scarlet shrugged and lugged her luggage in her new dorm. In Wing....A, she read. Sscarlet didn't bother looking out the window yet. She'll have her chance. She just wanted to focus on her soon-to-be-ended-just-miserable life.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 3 October 2011 at 10:56 PM

Annie heard the knock and answered the door. "Oh, hi, Aibee. What dorm room are you in?" she asked, and smiled.

9,386 posts

smilies • 3 October 2011 at 10:58 PM

Halo received her I.D. with a solemn stony expression. Dorm number 358, Wing C. What difference did it make? She dumped her bags down on the bed gloomily.

(358... And 1/2! 😃 REFERENCE YAY)

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 3 October 2011 at 11:02 PM

@smilies *shakes head* first Reno, now this? Tsk tsk 😋

9,386 posts

smilies • 3 October 2011 at 11:03 PM

@randomkitty17 Ren is more Bleach though *DENIAL* X)
Look, dis is just a dumb number! X)

3,490 posts

skylark • 4 October 2011 at 11:09 AM

Aibee smiled, "Dorm 367, wing A! Pretty close, just two doors down." She looked around and commented, "I'm pretty sure you have the nicest room here."

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 4 October 2011 at 8:31 PM

"Hehe, I just got here. So, did they give you a schedu--" Annie was cut off as a teenaged boy, maybe eighteen, walked up to Annie's door. "Dinnertime. We're going to the mess hall." he announced and walked out. "I guess we should join them." Annie said in her usual timid voice. She stepped out of her dorm and joined a line of other Protectors and initiates.

3,490 posts

skylark • 4 October 2011 at 8:35 PM

Aibee glared at the boy for being so rude, and followed Annie carefully. The mess hall was very old and big, one of the first rooms built in the caste.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 4 October 2011 at 8:40 PM

Annie looked at the long wooden tables, they seemed like something out of her history textbook. She took a seat next to a group of initiates and beckoned Aibee over. Counselors and other Protectors passed out carefully organized trays of food. When Annie got hers, she sighed, it was covered with a thin layer of frost.

3,490 posts

skylark • 4 October 2011 at 8:45 PM

Aibee quickly followed Alina, and sat down beside her. She shivered when she took a bite of her frozen food. "Ugh, if I have a pet peeve, it's defintatly cold food." Aibee pushed away her plate, "I'm not hungry anymore."

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 4 October 2011 at 8:48 PM

Annie was about to push her food aside when another boy, closer to her age, tapped her shoulder. "They don't like it when you waste food. I suggest that you finish your food, or pretend to, or they'll get MAD." He whispered. He pointed to a Protector nearby glaring at Aibee's tray of food. Anjie's eyes widened and she started shoveling the frozen food down her throat.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 4 October 2011 at 9:01 PM

Dusk had been told off by an older Protector as he tried to search around. So he'd just sulked around his dorm (Room 359) intill it was time for lunch.
When he'd gotten his frozen food, Dusk didn't complain. (Not that he could've, anyway)
He hadn't seen so much food in a long time. He ate his slowly though, trying to savour every frozen morsal.

9,386 posts

smilies • 4 October 2011 at 11:03 PM

The food wasn't dissimilar to the stuff she normally ate, however Halo was decidedly accustomed to eating HOT food. This stuff was so cold it practically burned though, so Halo just closed her eyes and swallowed, then took her time examining her fellow protectors.

3,490 posts

skylark • 5 October 2011 at 10:57 AM

Aibee shivered, and pretended to eat her food. Ugh, it was so cold, burning her hot skin as it went down her sleeve. Thankfully, she had a mother who was a poor cook, so she was very good at hiding her food. She remembered making a yummy turkey and lamb stew, with potatoes, carrots, leeks, and onions. It was heaven, compared to the frozen and dry bits of unknown meat, moldy bread and the hard peas they served. She wondered if she could be the cook, as she looked around at the rather skinny Protecters. She was pretty good at making yummy stuff out of nothing. After most of her plate went down her sleeves and pockets and napkins and other hiding places, she pushed her plate away and sighed.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 5 October 2011 at 6:17 PM

As Annie finished eating, she felt tired. She pushed her tray away and put her head on the table. She quickly picked herself up before someone scolded her.

9,386 posts

smilies • 5 October 2011 at 6:24 PM

Halo didn't know what to do after she'd finished. She wished there was more food just for the purpose of doing something. She supposed she'd just be a sheep and follow everyone else.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 5 October 2011 at 6:57 PM

A protector stood up and walked to the front of the room. Everyone quieted down. "Today we welcome our newest initiates. Everyone, say hello!" he bellowed. "HI." everyone said in unison. "My name is Cornelius, and I am one of the instructors that will guide you though your training as you become a protector. I'm sorry to say, if you fail the intiatory events, you will be exiled to live outside. Outside the fence, that is." some people gasped. "Now don't be alarmed, I'm sure you will succeed, but we just can't hVe useless people lying around, and this threat should push you to success! Tomorrow we will have a tour of the castle and the first initiatory event. You are dismissed to your dorms. Remember, nobody is allowed to be up after lights out! Farewell, initiates and Protectors!" Cornelius said. Annie shivered. She better succeed, or she may never see home again. She stood up, waved goodbye to her friends, and went to her dorm.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 5 October 2011 at 9:44 PM

Dust was sitting stone still in his chair for so long after that Cornis guy's speech, an angrey looking protector had to jab him in the side to get him up.
Dusk sullenly walked back to his dorm, his head hanging slightly.
'So if I fail, I die basically? Great.' he thought sacastically.
'Shot me now and just get it over it!' he thought, throwing his hands in the air.
Because he made the action without saying any words, he got strange looks at people also heading back to their dorms.
Dusk couldn't help but feel a little... jealous of the people who could talk. Of course, being mute DID have it advantges.
Though that was very few.

3,490 posts

skylark • 5 October 2011 at 9:49 PM

Aibee looked shocked when he told everyone about the living-outside-the-fence-thing, and looked sick. She went back to her dormroom a bit green.

9,386 posts

smilies • 5 October 2011 at 11:10 PM

Halo paused in shock. What?!? Why on earth did they randomly pick us then, why didn't they do the test BEFOREHAND? Innocent people had to DIE because they couldn't be bothered to pay the bus driver a dollar to take them back? Admittedly Halo couldn't afford even that for herself: she'd worked for food, bed and board. But everyone else? Tears sprung to her eyes, hot and angry, and she ran back to her dorm before she embarrassed herself by doing something stupid.