what is your favourite video game?

in Entertainment

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 29 June 2015 at 10:26 AM

@cloud-n-bolts Playing smash online is so freaking laggy for me??? I don't like it >___> But typically I main Zero Suit Samus, Robin, Lucario, and Princess Peach c:

Female
2,211 posts

thedarkarcher • 29 June 2015 at 10:31 AM

@whispers yeah it's slow and freezes a lot so it can be really annoying to fight. I used to play with robin a lot but playing with the character can give a Hugh disadvantage if you don't plan the moves carefully so I just stick with playing as link as he can give more space to fight with.

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 29 June 2015 at 10:35 AM

@cloud-n-bolts Yeah I've practiced with Robin a lot so I know when to back off using his magic and switch to physical though c: I like using Link sometimes but he got really buffed in SSB4 and he seems a bit OP??? Like they buffed Link but weakedn Toon Link and its just ahh ;v; I used to play a lot of Toon Link on SSBB but now they make him weaker so I don't use him as much.

Female
2,211 posts

thedarkarcher • 29 June 2015 at 10:47 AM

@whispers yeah your absolutely right they made link a lot better than toon link but I have noticed that some moves that toon link do are more effective than when link does them for example the down and a attack when toon link is in the air is more faster than than when link does it which can be a Hugh difference in the game. Yeah most of the characters changed from super smash bros brawl to the new one. So what do you think about the new dlc characters available to buy?

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 29 June 2015 at 10:56 AM

@cloud-n-bolts But most of Toon Link's move are slower/don't have as much of a range. But I'm just really exicted about Lucas and Roy !!! 😸

Female
16 posts

lithenia • 29 June 2015 at 6:05 PM

I have so many favorite games! It's so hard to choose.

Of all time I have to say Baldur's Gate II: Shadow of Amn would be my absolute favorite game.

It's one I replay every few years or so. No matter how old it gets I still love it. Especially since nothing's been like it since.

Female
2,211 posts

thedarkarcher • 2 July 2015 at 3:39 PM

@lithenia I've never heard of that so what is the game about. Yeah I agree if you like a game you will always come back to it mime would be devil May cry. It is hard to find a game that you can connect with so when you do its hard to just lose it for other games I guess.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 2 July 2015 at 4:02 PM

@lithenia Yes! Another Baldur's Gate lover! 😃 Do you play with any of the mods that have been made for it?

@cloud-n-bolts Its an old fantasy RPG set in D&D's Forgotten Realms setting. Essentially the series is about discovering what you are, stopping at least a couple wars, rescuing your sister and your soul, and stopping anyone from becoming the new God of Murder (or becoming it yourself), along with a whole host of other things. (there are side quests everywhere) Its a fantastic series to play through.

Female
160 posts

shadow_peaches_lizards • 2 July 2015 at 4:16 PM

Does anyone have a PlayStation 1? I still play Spyro on it sometimes.

Female
16 posts

lithenia • 2 July 2015 at 4:29 PM

@Orderedchaos
I have never played with any of the mods actually. In a way I'm a little bit of a purist in that way. But each time I play I try to do different things. Or sometimes make smarter choices of where to go and what to use. A little while ago I started Baldur's Gate again from the start and realized that I missed all of the wonderful things that II had changed and updated because I found myself frustrated when I couldn't use the arrow keys to move my screen view. There was no pausing (especially when you were in the inventory), and then the stacking system in the first game was so bad. So I got about half-way through again before getting disgusted with the old controls and just going back to Shadows of Amn.

I find myself really loving RPG's though none have ever come out and been quite like Baldur's Gate series (Icewind Dale gets lumped in there too) hence why I replay it every once in a while.

Otherwise I play a lot of game on a lot of systems. Most PC games I play are group ones though because my whole house (3 other roommates) will all play them together. Things like Don't Starve or Terraria (a huge one with us right now with 1.3 update being out).

Lately I've been playing Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Disgaea 2.

Female
2,211 posts

thedarkarcher • 2 July 2015 at 4:51 PM

@Orderedchaos thanks for the explanation wow sounds a pretty full on game but also quite interesting as well.

@lithenia yeah fire emblem awakening I love that game I remember completing it and love being able to choose the ending that you wish. Also I played a little bit of hyrule warriors but unfortunately I don't own the game so I can't really play it much

@shadow_peaches_lizards I don't have a PlayStation one it I do have a PlayStation 2. Also spyro is such a cool game and I remember playing it a lot when I was younger.

Wow I can't believe how many people wrote on this forum so far it's really awesome I honestly did not expect it.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 2 July 2015 at 5:12 PM

@lithenia If you ever decide to try BG1 again you should try Baldur's Gate Tutu (http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=143&Itemid=98). It's probably the best mod for the game. It imports all of 1 into 2's engine. So all those things you mentioned you can do. 😉

You ever play Planescape: Torment? That's another that's pretty awesome for replayability and is full of awesome.

Anyone here play Mass Effect?

Female
16 posts

lithenia • 2 July 2015 at 5:27 PM

@cloud-n-bolts Yeah I'm definitely enjoying it so far. It's my first time playing but a friend couldn't rave enough about it so I figured I should give it a go since I enjoy tactic games.
It can be hard to get to try a game but not have it to keep going especially if you end up liking it.

Are there any other 3DS games that you like?

@Orderedchaos I'll have to make sure to do that. I think I'd like it a lot more and be able to finally finish it again.

I haven't, what is it like?

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 2 July 2015 at 5:51 PM

@lithenia Its another RPG by Black Isle, it also uses the AD&D ruleset. You start out by waking up on a slab in a morgue with no memory of who you are. The whole game you're trying to find out about your past and why your immortal. The neat thing is you start out as true neutral and your actions shift your alignment around (which opens up different conversation paths or things to do). So the more you lie to people the more chaotic you become, the more you make and keep oaths the more lawful, ect. It makes each time you play through different and interesting.

Female
16 posts

lithenia • 2 July 2015 at 9:48 PM

@Orderedchaos I really like the thought of that. I'll definitely have to give that a go. I really like in games when what you say genuinely make a difference in what you do and how people react to you.

Female
2,211 posts

thedarkarcher • 5 July 2015 at 3:46 PM

@lithenia yeah I understand your point as when you play a game you want to play it as much as you can. Well I am currently play professor layton vs Phoenix Wright which I am really liking a lot.

Female
16 posts

lithenia • 5 July 2015 at 7:27 PM

@cloud-n-bolts I definitely liked that one a lot. I ended up stopping just before you finish the final (I think at least) court part. I had been working on it while I was away on a trip for a weekend and when the weekend ended I just never got back around to it. Which I feel bad for, because I enjoy both of those series.

Female
2,211 posts

thedarkarcher • 8 July 2015 at 4:36 PM

@lithenia sorry for the late reply to be honest I didn't get the ping. Yeah I haven't finished it either but I am very close to the end. I got the game on my birthday in April but haven't really played it until lately. Don't you feel that the game is much easier then the normal games are as normally the games are harder especially professor layton.

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 9 July 2015 at 12:40 AM

My fav video game is tied with Spyro, Ty the Tasmanian tiger and Jak.

Female
16 posts

lithenia • 9 July 2015 at 1:46 AM

@cloud-n-bolts It's quite alright. ^^ And yeah it was a lot simpler than I expected. Normally after about the first 5 Layton puzzles I'm throwing my hands up with frustration wondering how and why in the world someone is supposed to think of THAT. And instead I wasn't challenged with this one. I mean, don't get me wrong it still was fun and I really like both series so it was interesting to see how they meshed the two and how there could be two kinds of 'puzzle' games meshing that look at puzzles differently. But I was disappointed with how easily I flew through the puzzles that were there.

Female
2,211 posts

thedarkarcher • 9 July 2015 at 3:49 AM

@lithenia yeah I understand and I haven't had parts of the game that I have really struggled on so far. But I got to say the game is awesome I love the humour In the game and Phoenix Wright as a baker made me laugh a lot. Before I played it I thought the game would just focus o Professor layton but I was very mistaken since it was very even.

Female
16 posts

lithenia • 9 July 2015 at 10:35 AM

@cloud-n-bolts I agree. I felt the game ended up a lot more even than I thought. Just as I got comfortable with one it would be time to switch it up between the two. I think my favorite moments is when Phoenix and Layton interact with each other or work together to take care of a problem.

17 posts

jalisa53 • 9 July 2015 at 8:45 PM

the legend of Zelda and Pokemon are my favorite

Male
208 posts

silverjt • 9 July 2015 at 9:48 PM

Um, Phoenix Wright, MGS, Pokemon, and LoZ are tied 😊

Deleted • 9 July 2015 at 10:13 PM

Dragon Age and Dragon Age 2 are my favourites. 😊
I also like the Sims.

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 10 July 2015 at 11:42 PM

This is a hard question, I'd say Terraria, some of the new Mario games, and Minecraft 😸

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 11 July 2015 at 8:18 PM

actually i am a HUGE pokemon fan, my favorite pokemon being Jolteon (its so fluffeh) but i also like terraria, minecraft, some mario games, (and im not sure if this counts, but i like a few virtual pet games, like chicken smoothie, and i also play animal jam)

Female
2,211 posts

thedarkarcher • 14 July 2015 at 6:35 AM

@jalisa53 yeah both of them are great games to play I love legend of Zelda it is so amazing. So which of the Zelda games are your favourite then

@silverjt Phoenix Wright is so amazing I love them so much I usually don't like them sort of games but I really love everything about Phoenix Wright. Yeah a metal gear solid fan it's such a great game so are you looking forward to the new phantom pain.

@original to be honest I have not played Dragon age but I know that it is popular. I also play Sims though it's been awhile as my psp broke so I could not play them.

@sodabearjess my best friend loves minecraft so I hear quite a lot about it though I have never played it. Yeah I love Mario games I think that they can be fun to play but they are expensive to buy and keep their value.

@sheepfox I also love Pokemon but I only really play the older ones. So do you play super smash bros then as I know you seem to like Nintendo games.

R.I.P Satoru Iwata you will be deeply missed by many.

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 15 July 2015 at 1:22 AM

Computer wise, I play League of Legends. I need to play again. It's been a couple months...

Mostly, I play on my xbox 360. I'm fond of the Resident Evil series. Also, mostly any open world game. The first Fable game is absolutely amazing.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 15 July 2015 at 8:16 AM

@april__
It's a great game but League of Legends is so infuriating!

In terms of game play I do like LoL the most but for storyline, 5 nights at Freddy's is just brilliant. A basic game with a complex story, with most of it speculation!