Spring Creature Suggestion - The Coatl

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 18 October 2015 at 12:08 AM

http://i59.tinypic.com/optqpj.jpg

All artwork and descriptions were done by me.

Creature name: Coatyl

Stage 1: 500 views
Stage 2: 1000 views
Stage 3: 1500 views

About Coatyl eggs:

The scales on Coatly eggs shine with an iridescence that is captivating to many Ark residents. Strangly, the wings of Coatyl eggs are not made of feathers, but some kind of energy. It is unknown how the wings stay attached to the egg, as there is no physical place where the egg shell and wing meets. Because of there mysteries, Coatyl eggs have been the focus of intensive research for years, but unfortunately scientists have come no closer to understanding these mysterious eggs.

More About the Coatyl:

When they first emerge from the shell, young Coatyl are only about the size of a finger. They grow quickly during their first few years, but slow down as they get older. The oldest known Coatyl have reached massive sizes - the largest being over 20 feet long. As they age, their markings become darker and more noticeable and sharp feather-like crests develop. Coatyl are very proud of their crests - they will not allow anyone to touch it. It is said that if you manage to befriend a Coatyl, they will give you a feather from their crest, which will allow you to summon it from anywhere in the world.

😃 I hope you guys like it!

Pings:

@lunacharm1037
@dream-within-a-dream
@bang14982
@veritaspunk
@blub

(Sorry if I pinged anyone that doesn't like being pinged! If so please let me know! ❤️ )

#creaturesuggestion
#Coatyl

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 18 October 2015 at 12:21 AM

It reminded me of an Xerces Butterfly in dragon form .. very beautifully vibrant...
it's a dragon type I'd like to add to my cove... 😊

There definitely is a "majestic" undercurrent with its illustration that combines well with the creature lore.

Thanks for the ping and share.. I really do hope egg cave gathers inspiration from your creature design and doesn't depart much at all from it.

@falling_silence

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 18 October 2015 at 12:24 AM

@veritaspunk

Thank you so much! ❤️ It would be awesome if it became a creature, but even if it doesn't it's worth it just to hear the nice things people have to say 😊

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 18 October 2015 at 12:31 AM

@falling_silence

I also tend to prefer eggs that don't have a bunch of "noise"/things protruding out of them, but that isn't the case with such eggs as the Barbat and Vampyr, which is like yours.

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 18 October 2015 at 12:46 AM

@veritaspunk

Personally I like eggs and creatres based on how their colors look rather than how complicated they are and for this one I tried to focus more on color than on overcomplicated design 😊

@ida92
@inkpelt
@hugh519
@heather519

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 18 October 2015 at 1:02 AM

@falling_silence
ohhhh, O_O this is a really pretty creature. The colors complement each other well and that design O_O prettyyyy...

I wouldn't mind this being made.

Art work A!!

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 18 October 2015 at 1:06 AM

@iceiceice

Thank you! ❤️

Male
61 posts

hugh519 • 18 October 2015 at 1:13 AM

@falling_silence this looks amazing

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 18 October 2015 at 1:15 AM

@hugh519

Thank you! 😃

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 18 October 2015 at 2:39 AM

@falling_silence OMG HECK YES! ❤️ LOVE IT SO MUCH ❤️ Love the details, omg. /glomps/ ❤️ I need one. Noowowwww! XD ❤️

Demiboy
779 posts

blub • 18 October 2015 at 4:54 AM

@falling_silence Cool! I love dragons 😸
Love your drawing style as well 😃 I really like how all stages look and work, plus, well balanced awesome colours 😃
I'd get one for sure if it got made ❤️

Female
1,083 posts

bang14982 • 18 October 2015 at 8:54 AM

@falling_silence
Wow! It looks awesome! I really like the colors too! 😊

827 posts

nine • 18 October 2015 at 9:29 AM

@falling_silence
Awesome artwork! 😃
I'm guessing that it was based off of the Quetzalcoatl?

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 18 October 2015 at 1:40 PM

@dream-within-a-dream

Thanks! ❤️ It was hard to color the small details because I left my colored pencils at home and was left with my Crayola Twistables XD I think it worked out okay though 😃

@blub @bang14982

Thanks! 😃 I'm glad that everyone likes the colors 😊

@ricefishie

The design was based on it, but I didn't want to base the creature description off of it so that it wouldn't just be a suggestion of a mythological creature that already exists 😊

Female
21 posts

briannamarie • 18 October 2015 at 7:36 PM

I absolutely LOVE this!!!

Great job! I totally want it when it comes out! 😉

Female
387 posts

tetraethylammonium • 18 October 2015 at 11:09 PM

@falling_silence
I love it 😃 hope it gets made so I can hoard a ton of them! >.<
The artwork was great, the colors and detail, awesome, and remarkable shading and consistency.
The description was great as well, based on the first part, I can see this becoming maybe a SAR creature.
If it becomes a CC creature though.... That would be amazing but... Then it'll be so difficult to hoard T^T

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 19 October 2015 at 1:05 AM

@briannamarie

Thank you so much! ❤️

@tetraethylammonium

I would hope that it would be a monthly or an SAR creature so that people would be able to get them easily and not have to go through a ton of trades to get them 😊 I guess it's all up to EggCave to decide if they want to make it and if so what type it will be ❤️

Female
2,406 posts

ida92 • 19 October 2015 at 6:17 AM

@falling_silence Wow, it's amazing! I hope this one gets made. 😃 I love reptiles!

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 19 October 2015 at 2:48 PM

@ida92

Thanks! 😊

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 19 October 2015 at 8:59 PM

@falling_silence /so jealous of thou artistic skillz/ XD ❤️

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 19 October 2015 at 9:00 PM

@dream-within-a-dream

I'm an art major, so I thought might as well practice drawing animals I don't normally draw by doing EggCave creature suggestions XD

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 19 October 2015 at 9:02 PM

@falling_silence WELL. ❤️ Its better than anything I've ever seen. XD ❤️ /huggles/

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 19 October 2015 at 9:05 PM

@dream-within-a-dream

Thanks ❤️ I'm planning on doing more suggestions in the future and I'm excited to see how they turn out 😃

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 19 October 2015 at 9:07 PM

@falling_silence PLEASE DO! ❤️ I need that original copy of this suggestion bro! ❤️ XD Frame it. XD ❤️ LOL! ❤️ /hugs/ ❤️ Nice job otherwise! 😊 ❤️ /woot/ 😃

@polaroid
@leafmelody
@webkinzer
@scorch_cloud222 ❤️

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 19 October 2015 at 9:09 PM

@dream-within-a-dream

You're so nice ❤️ *hugs back* Thanks for the pings 😃

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 19 October 2015 at 9:10 PM

@falling_silence Me? XD ❤️ Nice? Hm... Well, you just don't see how good of a drawing it is. ;D

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 19 October 2015 at 9:14 PM

@dream-within-a-dream

It's the curse of the artist XD When we look at our drawings, all we see is what we could have done better XD

I really am happy with how it turned out though, especially since I never draw snakes 😃 Thank you so much for your support ❤️

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 19 October 2015 at 9:16 PM

@falling_silence Haha ❤️ /huggles/ ❤️ Well, to me it's sort of a serpent / dragon / snake XD ❤️ And i think it's amazing ❤️ /huggles/ ❤️ Np! ❤️

@raitonchidori
@zero_chaos
@spiritkoi
@gymnastics001

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 19 October 2015 at 9:19 PM

@dream-within-a-dream

Thank you ❤️

Female
443 posts

scorch_cloud222 • 19 October 2015 at 9:32 PM