The Pokemon Club: currently adding new events/details in post 1

in Entertainment

Look at the first post about this poll. Do you like...

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 24 May 2017 at 4:49 PM

Oooo a massive pokemon topic? I don't often frequent the forums but this is neat! I like seeing that there are people still playing pogo. Sometimes it seems like I'm the only one haha.

Deleted • 24 May 2017 at 6:15 PM

@poe
Yeah, I know how you feel. I mean every friend I have but 2 never played PoGO or quit.

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 24 May 2017 at 10:09 PM

@togepi360
I gotta say it was more fun on the university campus because wifi haha. It's kind of boring at home, and definitely more fun when you have friends to play it with.

Deleted • 26 May 2017 at 5:38 PM

Wait, anyone posting? Why isn't anyone posting right now?

Spoiler Alert
Oh, and in Pokemon Sun & Moon on the DS, install the demo even if you have the actual game. After you complete the demo, you can send Ash-Greninja over to the full game, but if you have installed it on your device, make sure you don't make Pokemon Sun/Moon card in, or your data might get harmed.

738 posts

dragonnn • 4 June 2017 at 8:33 PM

Anyone else entering the upcoming tiny tourney?

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 6 June 2017 at 10:28 AM

BREAKING #Pokemon NEWS: check the first post for more details

@wigglituff
Hey there! Would you like to join the club? What Pokemon games do you enjoy playing? Sorry for the delay!

@togepi360
Sorry for the delay, you've been added!

@poe
There's still a dedicated fan base. There's groups on facebook dedicated for it too and it's wonderful! Oh my, I also mainly play at my university, we have 15+ Pokestops there!

@dragonnn
Tiny tourney? It sounds fun! I still don't have a competitive team up and ready since we cannot get Altarianite yet in game :/

Deleted • 6 June 2017 at 12:06 PM

@mastergemma

15+ Pokestops!? 😱 There are 2 near where I live, but I can't reach them. It's just there, and I can't reach it ☹️

Oh, you have Altaria too?

Spoiler Alert

The password for Mawile, Beedrill, Audino, Medicham Mega Stones
INTIMIDATE

The password for Pidgeot, Steelix, Heracross, and Houndroom Mega Stones
AZUL

738 posts

dragonnn • 6 June 2017 at 12:57 PM

@mastergemma Ah, boo, haha. Hope your Mega Altaria is better than Wally's terrible set at the Battle Tree....

Don't forget everyone, Gold and Silver versions are coming out on the Virtual Console in September. I am very happy. Plus, free Johto legendaries if you don't mind restarting the game over and over, like me. (: heh

EDIT- So glad I don't have to buy a Switch for these new games [not interested in Pokken.] Also, I'm using the dex nav to "chain" for HA Klink in Alpha Sapphire so I can breed them on Sun/Moon. If you want one, let me know.

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 6 June 2017 at 10:26 PM

@togepi360
My university is littered with 'historical markers' and statues which forms PokeStops. There's a Pokestop around 100m away from my house but I"m restricted to wifi so I just cry while looking at it. So close yet so far.

@dragonnn
My Altaria can out defense everything and I just want to bring my floofy cloud to my Moon game but it won't have its mega stone for god knows how long, if ever.
I have Pokemon Bank so I'm going to restart my Pokemon Black and Alpha Sapphire as many times as I can to get all the legendaries and Pokemon. If I get enough I'm going to give some away here too! But first I need to finish Pokemon Black for the first time. I would love a HA Klink!

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 7 June 2017 at 1:40 AM

@mastergemma
Haha I think all universities are great for pogo. They always have so many stops plus wifi all over. I even get a pretty solid mix of types at mine!

Wow I'm so out of touch with new pokemon. The last thing I did was barely start Y so I seriously have no idea what any of this is.

738 posts

dragonnn • 7 June 2017 at 5:46 AM

@mastergemma Hooray! I need to start breeding them for IVs and I'll send you one.

Props to you and good luck if you're starting those games over. I was completing the pokedex to get a Shiny Charm on Y and catching those legendaries on ORAS was an ordeal..

Also I completely missed your post on the first page about transferring Solrock/Lunatone to Sun/Moon. I need to go do that, thanks.

Female
127 posts

mimikyu360 • 7 June 2017 at 12:08 PM

This is just togepi360's side account, don't worry.

@dragonnn

I would love a HA Klink too!

@mastergemma

I finished Pokemon White Version 2, but I have a family member who is still so much better than me. ☹️

Oh, thanks for giving away lengendairies. I have too many Eevees and Bulbasaurs. Anyone want one? I also have Ivysaurs and a Venasaur.

738 posts

dragonnn • 7 June 2017 at 3:13 PM

@mimikyu360
@togepi360

Sure thing! I'll PM you when I breed another decent one. Which EggCave account do you want me to PM you on, your main or your side?

Deleted • 7 June 2017 at 3:27 PM

@dragonn
Main.

I have a bulbasaur I could trade you for it.
I'd like to enter the Tiny Journey, but my Pokemon are too big ☹️
I forgot to say I play Pokemon TCG.

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 8 June 2017 at 8:43 AM

This is a direct copy and paste from where I get my information:

From the #PokémonGO Team:

We’re celebrating two amazing milestones—Pokémon GO’s one-year anniversary and 750 million global downloads—and you’re invited to join in on the fun! Over the next few months, we’re hosting real-world and in-game events planned alongside some very exciting new features that will get you outside exploring the world with family and friends. Get ready for an action-packed couple of months!
To kick things off, we will be hosting the Solstice Event starting on June 13, 2017. This in-game event will feature Fire-type and Ice-type Pokémon, huge XP bonuses for throwing Poké Balls accurately, and discounted Lucky Eggs in the in-game shop. Soon thereafter, you can look forward to a new update focused on collaborative group gameplay features that will get you playing Pokémon GO in fun new ways. In preparation for these exciting features, we’ll be temporarily disabling Gyms for a short period of time.

We’re also excited to announce our first ever real-world Pokémon GO event coming your way: Pokémon GO Fest Chicago! This event will take place in downtown Chicago, Illinois, USA at the beautiful Grant Park on July 22, 2017. Join us as we celebrate the Pokémon GO community with a ton of exciting festivities. Tickets and more information for Pokémon GO Fest Chicago will be available at PokemonGoLive.com/Fest on Monday, June 19 at 10:00 A.M. PDT, so make sure to mark your calendars and follow our social media channels to be notified when tickets go live! European Trainers can look forward to Pokémon GO celebrations hosted across the continent from June through September in partnership with Unibail-Rodamco shopping centers. We'll be posting a complete schedule for these events very soon. Also, The Pokémon Company is organizing “Pikachu Outbreak”, a Pokémon event in Yokohama, Japan, in August where they’re exploring a unique Pokémon GO experience. Stay tuned for even more details surrounding each of these events in the coming weeks.
Source: http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/anniversary2017

Female
127 posts

mimikyu360 • 14 June 2017 at 4:05 PM

@mastergemma

Just Togepi360's side. Too lazy to change account.

Omg. That's so awesome! Too bad I don't live in Japan.
Anyone want a Bulbasaur? I have lvl 32 ones Uft.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 19 June 2017 at 1:35 PM

Hello! Now that i'm done with school for the year, I've finally had some time to chill and start Pokemon Moon! I play completionist style to get the most out of the game by battling all trainers and trying to find all rare wild pokemon, and I've found the Totem Pokemon to be way too underleveled. I've turned off EXP. Share, but I still find my pokemon too high leveled. Is there a way to prevent this? I don't like rushing through the game. (I have 25 hours and am at Lush Forest).

Also, how bare is the post-game? I've heard it's really bare so I'm scared.

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 25 June 2017 at 10:51 PM

Check the first post for a new Mega Stone code and for more information about raids! Raid level has dropped to lv25.

@motivecat
I guess it's different for every player. I know I had to grind a few levels and my friend didn't need to. I know that defeating all the trainers and not doubling back should put the player in a position to defeat the game without too much difficulty. I think I finished around 32 or 37 hours.

The post game can be a pain. You battle perfectly trained Pokemon AND Pokemon with Mega stones without even being able to get the IV items. When the game was first released there was no Mega Stones available when you start the Battle Tree so it was a great disadvantage. I should try the Battle Tree again.

I guess it's really bare because of Ultra Sun and Moon as THAT has a different story and more included. Well played Game Freak, you're mean.

@togepi360
Does your family member breed for perfect IV and EV Pokemon. That may be why. It really does make a difference in battle!

738 posts

dragonnn • 25 June 2017 at 11:26 PM

I've got 2 5IV HA Rockruffs and 4 5IV Alolan Grimers leftover from breeding for trade in case anyone is interested.

Deleted • 25 June 2017 at 11:28 PM

@dragonn

I'm interested in Grimer. Not now though as someone else is using it and starting over Pokemon Sun. And I worked so hard too.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 26 June 2017 at 1:36 AM

@mastergemma I am playing Pokémon go now, I quit, but I'm back. Oh and also NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IMMA LV 23 AND YA HAVE TO BE LV 25 TO RAAAAIIIDDDDDDDD NUUUUUUU WHY NOT LV 20????!!!!!! WHY WHY WHHYYYYYYY oh well. Just pop open some luck eggs and that ought to do it.

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 26 June 2017 at 2:07 AM

@wigglytuff
It may be lowed in the future, to our knowledge, it is still in beta testing. If anything, it may be lowered to lv20 but under that and it will make it difficult for the higher level raids. Or maybe raids will be available to everyone but you may only be able to access raid level 1 and 2. That would be a great solution to entice players to level up higher.

I'm finally going well at Pokemon White. I'm hoping to catch my first Zekrom hopefully in 9 hours if I start playing more now. Does anyone know if there is any after-game stuff in Pokemon White? I'll need to find out to make sure I don't miss any legendary Pokemon in it.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 28 June 2017 at 12:30 AM

@mastergemma Yea. Just caught Lunala at 67 hours, because I did spend a lot of time in PokePelago and Festival Plaza. I'm kind of sad it's over and bummed by the size of Ula'Ula Island and even more dissapointed by the size of the puny Poni Island when comparing them to the large Akala Island. I felt Poni Island was very rushed and was very confused why Mina didn't even have a trial but there was a captainless trial with dragons that counted as the 7th trial? It's really confusing.

Anyways, other than that, I felt that Pokémon Sun and Moon were one of the best games in the series that I've played so far. I was introduced to Pokémon in Generation 3, but I couldn't play the main series games and only played a spin off series games. I've played all main series games since Generation 4(DP) EXCEPT platinum and HGSS. If I were to rank them, I would rank them:

1. B2W2 - LOVED the dramatic extensive story! I also loved the 2D format, but that's probably only me! Ghetsis and N's stories really touched me and this game was ACTUALLY HARD. I like a challenge, a boss is a boss because they are difficult to beat.
2. SuMo - Beautifully put together, a bit of a breeze but other than difficulty one of the most unique and best crafted games!
3. BW - My first games, because I went back to get DP. Very nostalgic and that's probably why I didn't have a problem with the designs that everybody hated.
4. ORAS - Like I said, never played Gen 3. That being said, I didn't feel the nostalgia as other Pokémon fans. The games were OK in terms of content and ESPECIALLY post game content, but I didn't feel like I could really revisit the cities because they were quite boring.
5. DP - These games were very good for their point in time in the Pokémon timeline. However, the newer games simply outperformed these games.
6. XY - I was honestly bored out of my mind during XY. The Team Flare or whatever? I don't even remember the leader's name. Much less any admin. Terribly designed. AJ's story was ish OK but other than that, these games focused WAY too much on design and new features that the story was sooooo boring. and super glad Gen 7 was actually good.

Deleted • 28 June 2017 at 12:46 AM

@mastergemma

I'm lvl 20 in PoGO and it lets me do raids, but I haven't done it yet, but it says it's unlocked. ???

738 posts

dragonnn • 29 June 2017 at 12:03 AM

@togepi360 Just saw your message now (my username has 3 n's, sorry 😋), so I'll hold onto a Grimer for you. Wish you had pokebank so you didn't lose all of your efforts :/

@motivecat Hooray, I feel the same way about XY. What a bore!

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 29 June 2017 at 12:45 AM

@mastergemma

Ooh, could I join? I'm addicted but my parents won't get me a Nintendo 3Ds. ☹️

I play Pokémon Go, Magikarp Jump (a real Pokémon game!), and I used to play Pokémon TCG Online. I might have missed one.

Too bad, I'm like level 17 in PoGO

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 29 June 2017 at 5:50 AM

@motivecat
I loved your thoughts on the games! I've only played AS, White and Moon but a friend gave me Platinum to play. I haven't finished Pokemon White but so far, I hate N. He's so childish.

As much as I do love SuMo, it's so empty after you finish the main story you don't have much to do. I haven't touched it for a few months. I didn't notice the inconsistencies in the trials or any faults in the story because I normally don't notice details like that (ha). I'm just really annoyed that Ultra SuMo is a thing and that it's going to have the extra things that SuMo needs to actually be a complete game.

@togepi360
Niantic is still very bad at telling their audience of changes. It is their fatal flaw. Get your strongest Pokemon and attend any raids you can find! Try and stick to a level 1 or 2 though.

@iris1929578
There's some very good fanmade Pokemon websites around with GPX+ probably being the most popular. If you google games similar to the actual games I'm sure there's something there. I still haven't played Magikarp Jump, I need more room on my phone for that. Do you hoard Pokemon Candy? If so, see what you can evolve and if you can evolve a lot of Pokemon use a Lucky Egg. The easiest is getting a lot of Pidgeys as it only requires 12 candy to evolve.

@wigglytuff
Good news! The level to access raids dropped to lv20!

Deleted • 29 June 2017 at 1:08 PM

@mastergemma

I have a gym close too my house, but it's too far, just like the Pokestops. And finally I have a phone! I can play PoGO more now! But it's plain torture to just see those good stuff too far.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 29 June 2017 at 1:10 PM

@mastergemma ya, saw that 😊 poor @icesparkle22 her raichu ran away ☹️ she's LV 11, but the raichu was only like cp 180. I completed my raichu collection, one of each kind. Hopefully icesparkle will get one soon. My house used to be a pikachu spawn. I SAW A BLISSEY IN THE NEARBY YESTERDAY NOOOOOOO

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 29 June 2017 at 1:51 PM

@mastergemma

Aww, Magikarp Jump is super fun. Try to get some space. And yes, I do. I just wish transferring Pokémon would give you XP... I never transfer unless I have a lucky egg, and I am so mad that transferring Pokemon DOES NOT GIVE YOU XP!!! But to me, I don't see Pidgeys anymore. Better stock up on Caterpies.

Edit: I did google some up that are close to the original, and I just hate it that they jump out at you all the time. It's annoying.

Hey, I got something to brag about! I got Pikachu as my first Pokémon and I got 10 Pikachus in all, 8 are SANTA HAT PIKACHUS, plus one is evolved to make SANTA HAT RAICHU!!!

Another thing to brag about: I have a Kabuto wild caught, and Kabutop WILD CAUGHT I am like OMG a Kabutops a super duper rare Pokémon let's go show this off!!!

More. I have a wild caught Venusaur, Blastoise, and Charziard.