[Bird] Creature Suggestion - Kiawawu

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Do you like it?~

Female
41 posts

hexis • 20 May 2017 at 2:35 AM

Hello hello!

Here is my "entry" for the bird creature suggestion event, thingy ma-jig. ~

This bird is called the Kiawawu, and it's a bird based off of kiwis! And by kiwis, I mean the fruit, not the bird. I didn't look at a keekee or kiwi bird, whatever it is, when drawing this so any similarities are coincidental.

Here is the drawing:
http://orig08.deviantart.net/3c34/f/2017/139/6/4/kiawawu_by_sugarcoatedbuns-db9sms8.png

Basic summary - the Kiawawu are based off of kiwis, so they're very fluffy / hairy with lots of fluff coming off of their bodies! Both the egg and the child stage have a kiwi design on them, and that's because the kiwi is their source of nutrients while they grow. The egg has a bigger kiwi because it needs the most nutrients at that time, and the child stage has a smaller kiwi because it needs less - so in short, the kiwi "shrinks." The kiwi is not present in the adult stage, because at that point the Kiwawu should be able to fend for itself and find its own food, so the kiwi isn't needed and it goes away.

Another part that changes is the plant on the head. The egg has a sprout, the child stage has a tree, and the adult stage has a tree with vines, and those vines have leaves and little fluffy kiwis. The colors also kind of invert from the child stage to the adult stage.
-------
The child stage is supposed to be like a small chick. It is very very fluffy and small~ the egg is fluffy, too, and the adult stage is sparrow like.
-------
So from the egg to the child stage, it takes 750 feeds. Then from the chil dstage, it takes 1250 feeds (total) to reach the adult stage.
-------

So that's my suggestion! Sorry if there's already a kiwi based pet, or something - I haven't really been super active in ~2 years or so, and didn't feel like searching through all the new creatures that were added. x') So I honestly don't know how much I should have included in this, too! I looked at the thread thingy that tells ya what all you're supposed to add and what not, so.. //shrug - hope it's okie dokie

#creaturesuggestion

-------
Pings!

@rashka
@prairie
@carnesiel
@skyfall4

Deleted • 20 May 2017 at 9:12 AM

@hexis It's adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😃

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 20 May 2017 at 9:14 AM

@hexis

Oh goodness I love this too much. ;_; ❤️
The design is just amazing. ❤️

Female
41 posts

hexis • 20 May 2017 at 9:29 AM

@chicachicken
@prairie

Thank you both so much :'> I tried to make it super cute! `v`)/
-----
I added a poll to the main post thingy ~

827 posts

nine • 20 May 2017 at 9:32 AM

@hexis
Woah, holy cow, that looks amazing! 😃 Especially that child stage, looks real floofy and cute. Also, I like how this bird creature suggestion was mainly based off of fruit kiwis rather than bird kiwis, as that sets it apart from the Keekee and makes for a pretty funny concept.

However, one thing in the description that bothers me a bit is how you keep referring to the creature's first stage and last stage rather than its child form and adult form. It just sounds a bit weird compared to other Archives entries. 😊

Female
41 posts

hexis • 20 May 2017 at 9:40 AM

@ricefishie

Oh! I wasn't sure what to call them - I can go through and edit that / fix it up some if that would make it better? :>

Glad you like it, too! It is indeed a pun type thing. x)

827 posts

nine • 20 May 2017 at 9:46 AM

@hexis
Yeah, I think those changes would make the description flow a bit better. Feel free to do whatever you want though, of course. 😊

Female
41 posts

hexis • 20 May 2017 at 9:52 AM

@ricefishie

Thank you for the suggestion then. ^u^ I've edited the post accordingly! ~

Deleted • 20 May 2017 at 9:58 AM

@hexis your welcome! ❤️ 😊

Female
225 posts

izz • 20 May 2017 at 10:02 AM

@hexis I love it! This is my favorite design of all the wonderful ones I have seen so far!

Female
41 posts

hexis • 20 May 2017 at 10:07 AM

@izz
Glad you like it!! I like your idea (the Prismi) as well. ^w^ It means a lot to me that you like mine that much!! I've seen a bunch of cute ideas floating around. 😃

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 21 May 2017 at 9:24 AM

@hexis
That is ADORABLE. ❤️ Oh gosh, look at it's happy little face *_* I love how the tree grows throughout the stages, with my favourite part being how the adult form has little kiwi fruits growing off the tree. I also love the name, it's really fitting for the creature and is also super fun to say out loud. 😋

Female
41 posts

hexis • 21 May 2017 at 12:06 PM

Yay, glad you like it~ (not pinging you because I already kinda spammed your page with me saying thanks and stuff haha)

Sorry for these pings! But please check out my creature suggestion? ;v;

@sugarsprig
@rebel
@dragonii
@purrystitches

Female
285 posts

rebel • 21 May 2017 at 12:17 PM

@hexis It's so cute, one of my favorites that I've seen. Check out mine as well? 😸

Female
65 posts

ellasparkle • 21 May 2017 at 12:18 PM

@hexis

This is super cute! It makes me think of the 'keekee' a lot though, which is a kiwi-themed bird ^^

Female
62 posts

purrystitches • 21 May 2017 at 12:19 PM

@hexis
I really like it you should check out mine 😸

https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/65451

Female
41 posts

hexis • 21 May 2017 at 12:38 PM

@rebel - I did earlier! It was adorable ❤️ I love the little flag things that come off of it.

@ellasparkle - I do know of the keekee, so I tried to make it not like it - the creature is a bit of a pun with words, since the bird itself has a/some kiwi(s) on its body - so it's a literal kiwi bird? 😱 Glad you like it though! ❤️

@purrystitches - Thank you & done ^u^

More pings! Sorry ;w; Please check out my creature suggestion?

@element
@piucca
@spiritkoi
@poptarts

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 21 May 2017 at 12:59 PM

@hexis Ah, it's really cute! I really like the tree on its head and the last stage's expression. ^^

Female
41 posts

hexis • 21 May 2017 at 7:40 PM

@spiritkoi

glad you like it!

Sorry for pings, but check out my suggestion? Please and thanks!

@pupicorn
@ami_utsukushii
@savannahall

Female
370 posts

pupicorn • 21 May 2017 at 7:56 PM

@hexis Aww, its very cute! I love the trees growing on their heads, and the little kiwi's on the vines. I would love to have one.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 21 May 2017 at 10:41 PM

@hexis
OMG A MUST HAVE!!!! However, it is a little similar to the KeeKee. 😊

@ifi123

Female
41 posts

hexis • 22 May 2017 at 8:49 AM

@skyfall4
Thanks ;u; Glad you like it!

I don't get why/how it's so much like one of these keekee things, though. I didn't look at one when drawing it so any similarities must be coincidental. I thought the baby stage looked kind of like an owl, and the adult stage kind of like a sparrow?
--
Sorry for the pings, but please check out my suggestion?

@skyindie
@lightningpaws
@ajzephyros

Female
93 posts

ajzephyros • 22 May 2017 at 9:14 AM

@hexis
I liked it, *thumbs up* would you mind looking at some of my creature suggestions

https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/65471 Owlbird

https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/65285 Enfield

343 posts

solnyshko • 22 May 2017 at 10:45 AM

@hexis
i am personally in love with this bb hnggg!!!! ❤️ it's so, so cute huhuhuhu ;;;;;;

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 22 May 2017 at 12:04 PM

@hexis
Ah, well the Keekee Egg stage has a kiwi so it kinda looked similar to me xD

Non-binary
23 posts

cokealoka • 23 May 2017 at 4:45 PM

This is adorable! I'd love to see another stage, right after the egg, where birds are in that awkward not-so-cute fuzzy phase? I think it would fit really well with the way a kiwi looks before it is cut, just my opinion tho! It's great as is!

Female
41 posts

hexis • 23 May 2017 at 10:53 PM

@skyfall4

Ooh, I see! I never knew that. 😱 Learn something new everyday?

@cokeloka

So glad you like it! Yeah I know that stage, haha, it's quite an odd one.. not quite sure how I would draw something like that, though. ;v; Scrawny, only a bit of feathers.. really huge, huge, kiwi?

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 25 May 2017 at 3:19 PM

@hexis congratulations! Your creature suggestion has been picked for the month of July's random theme of birds!

Watch for its release then! Thank you for submitting your suggestion.

Female
41 posts

hexis • 25 May 2017 at 3:23 PM

@Ian

Omgomgomg ;//0//; Aaaa I'm so happy!! & honored! Thank you so much ;w;;! I'll definitely be looking, then ❤️

Female
690 posts

dappne6 • 25 May 2017 at 3:29 PM

@hexis Congrats! I LOVE stage 1! I think im gonna collect these! GO NEW ZEALAND!