What Is Ur Favorite Food On Thanksgiving Dinner--Huh?

in Chit-Chat

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 17 November 2017 at 11:00 AM

Woke up this morning thinking about all the commercials on tv when I turned the news station on. Wow! Numerous things these ppl try & "push" on us taking advantage of the "holiday season"....

They USE the "Holidays" for advertising benefits---guess what it's out there for???? Although they seem to forget the "little guy." lol.

**My favorite food on Thanksgiving Dinner would have to be: anything I have around the house. Yes that may include a Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich. This to me is positive as I do not have to go through the stress of "pleasing" others. Com'On ppl! Turn a candle on & relax some....lol.

*Although my family & I don't so much celebrate this holiday anymore. Every family member is "out of reach" & no-one can seem to have the time for get-togethers anymore as they r working or too many miles away.

*So on that thought I watch NFL Football w/my pet family...lol...& just try to get through the better memories I had as a child w/the holidays. My memories are my Thanksgiving every single day. Appreciate the simple moments. Just saying...

**pings--ppl I c a bit more of from friends list)--all comments welcome from everyone 😊
@poptarts
@thedarkarcher
@mastergemma
@jazzyleia
@foxbit
@sodabearjess
@honeybearbee
@sybil_howlett
@prairie
@raccoon
@girlpower1985
@nine
@carnesiel
@duskkfall
@demogoron
@minnie298a
@katrinwolf

Female
343 posts

foxbit • 17 November 2017 at 11:02 AM

We don't have Thanksgiving here, so I can't say.
Do you eat pumpkin pie, though? I like pumpkin pie.

Deleted • 17 November 2017 at 11:06 AM

I like mashed potatoes

Female
260 posts

sybil_howlett • 17 November 2017 at 11:29 AM

I love to eat mashed potatoes, beef roulade and red cabbage on this holiday. The dessert would be something with pumpkin or chocolate xD

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 17 November 2017 at 12:19 PM

Personally you can't go wrong with turkey. We normally have potatoes and corn which we mix together, or sometimes a macaroni and cheese with corn mixed in. (yes we are weird, but I blame my younger sister). Then for dessert we have pumpkin pie with LOTS of whipped cream. Like one slice is an entire can of whipped cream. 😃

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 17 November 2017 at 12:24 PM

@raindrops we don't really celebrate it over here tbh so I've no idea haha 😋.

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 17 November 2017 at 12:41 PM

TY For All The Replies! Ur All Wonderful Ppl! 😊

@foxbit I actually dis-like pumpkin anything. But I LOVE chocolate...lol 😊

@wolfspike23 Love homemade (real) mashed potaotes! Could eat those every day 😊

@sybil_howlett mashed potatoes--Yummy, beef roulade (?) and red cabbage(Ummm!) Red much better than the green cabbage 😊

@jazzyleia I do like Turkey---only the white meat so most the Turkey would go out into the woods for the animals. lol. Happy Holidays to them too. I also mix mashed potatoes w corn. Corn in mac & cheese though...Hmmmm... maybe I will try that! Thx younger sister...lol 😊

@thedarkarcher Maybe I should move to where u r...lol I don't celebrate Thanksgiving anymore myself as I'm sure u read...Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jelly----here I come 😊

Female
260 posts

sybil_howlett • 17 November 2017 at 1:06 PM

@raindrops beef roulade: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ff/a7/ca/ffa7cac36bca886a6314bd58f9d86f4e.jpg and yes, the red cabbage or Blaukraut (blue cabbage xD) in German is so good 😃

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 17 November 2017 at 1:13 PM

@sybil_howlett Thx for the link. Hmmm...Blue cabbage? We actually have purple cabbage. I hated all cabbage growing up but love it now. Funny how our taste buds change. 😊

*Ahhhh...just looked up ur link. Forgive me for saying this...lol...Ewww...lol. Sry for that. I just don't eat much meat at all. Nothing against u by any means though. 😊

Female
260 posts

sybil_howlett • 17 November 2017 at 1:25 PM

@raindrops lol it's alright, I can understand when you don't eat much meat at all xD
yes, all cabbages are really good 😃 and yes, that was the same for me when I was a child xD

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 17 November 2017 at 1:47 PM

@sybil_howlett Ty for not taking that personally. Was a bit worried posting my opinion but I try to treat ppl the way I would want to be treated. Which includes honesty. Smiles to u 😊

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 17 November 2017 at 2:48 PM

@raindrops I tried peanut butter the first time In a brownie cheesecake the other week It was so good. Jelly Is amazing in so many flavours.

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 17 November 2017 at 2:56 PM

@thedarkarcher Hmm...I'm such a picky eater. I don't like cheesecake. lol. Ik most ppl love it. Wish I was a better eater. I only eat seedless strawberry jam..lol. Ik Ikr! lol. Ur rt...so many different choices out there. 😊
Thx @thedarkarcher

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 17 November 2017 at 3:52 PM

@raindrops

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I'm a foodie, what can I say? Haha.

Hosting it is definitely my favorite, because you get all the leftovers!!! 3 day old thanksgiving turkey and ham sandwich? Delicious!!!

The staples for thanksgiving at my house are:
Ham
Turkey
Mac n Cheese
Broccoli casserole

I'm drooling just thinking about it haha

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 17 November 2017 at 3:59 PM

@raccoon UMMMMmmmmm! I do love Broccoli. Wonder what Broccoli casserole is? U must tell...lol. 😊

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 17 November 2017 at 4:16 PM

@raindrops

It's soooo good. Broccoli, cheese, sometimes chicken and rice, and crushed crackers on top. It looks like this one : https://goo.gl/mcDPZw

I dug out the recipe if anyone on here wants to try it! It makes a good dinner by itself too!!

2 bags of frozen broccoli (cooked, drained, and chopped into small pieces)
2 cans of cream of chicken (You can substitute with cream of mushroom if you'd like)
1 cup of mayonnaise
2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar
4 eggs (Optional, helps the casserole rise. Tastes just fine without it)
Salt and pepper
1 and a half packages of ritz crackers, crushed.
1 stick of butter/margarine (melted)

More Optional (Portions vary depending on taste I tend to use equal parts rice and broccoli and 3-4 chicken breasts):
Steamed white rice
Boiled and shredded chicken breast

You literally just take everything (- the ritz crackers and butter) and mix it up real good (We use a large mixing bowl)

Pour it all into a dish (We use a glass dish) and spread it evenly.

Pour your melted butter into your crushed crackers and mix well, then spread an even layer over the top.

Cook in the oven at 350 for 1 hour.

Female
260 posts

sybil_howlett • 17 November 2017 at 4:56 PM

@raccoon gosh, I'm drooling now xD thank you for the recipe as well 😃
@raindrops don't worry, I really try not to judge people 😊

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 17 November 2017 at 6:37 PM

@raccoon
OMG!!! As picky as I am w/food THAT SOUNDS AWESOME! Ty so much for posting the recipe for all ppl as well. That is awesome of u @raccoon! 😊 Yummmmmmyyy! Just saw picture!! A Definite Try For Me 😊

@sybil_howlett
Ty for the reply. I try not to judge ppl either. One of my favorite sayings is:
*Do Not Judge Me Until U Walk In My Shoes* Not sure author or I would give credit. Will look up later 😊

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 17 November 2017 at 7:24 PM

@sybil_howlett @raindrops

Haha, It really is good! Hope you guys get to try it! 😊

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 18 November 2017 at 11:29 AM

@raindrops

The dinner rolls my grandma makes are the BOMB!! I could eat them all..

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 18 November 2017 at 11:33 AM

@sodabearjess Ummm....if I make dinner rolls I also put butter in the middle of them & on top. Yummy!

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 18 November 2017 at 11:55 AM

@raindrops

You're making me hungry xD

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 18 November 2017 at 12:01 PM

@sodabearjess lol....I'm making myself hungry...lol 😊

278 posts

birdboysplace • 18 November 2017 at 8:59 PM

@raindrops

Saw your post and wanted to comment. 😊

No one at my house likes the same kinds of food. There are 5 of us (3 - vegetarians & 2 vegans). We don't eat any creatures, no eggs, no milk. So if we decide to cook, it is a really interesting and fun time. The kitchen looks like a smorgasbord!!... lol No one likes the same thing so it is always chaos. But I do love it and I love cooking with my family, although I am the main cook and cleaner upper of the mega disaster!!!,, lol . We make everything from scratch. There are so many additives that are not vegan friendly. This year we will have a veggie loaf, squash casserole, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, corn, peas, turnip greens, edamame, biscuits, & cornbread. A really nice Southern meal for animal lovers.. but not much different than I do on a normal day. Of coarse we will also have sweet tater pie & cherry pie. In between all the cooking we will be playing Nintendo, watching Christmas movies (Christmas Vacation is my Fave!), & stuffing our faces. Five days of mostly being lazy and just messin around. Does not matter what we do, we are all just happy to be together. Everyday that I spend with my family is a special gift and I treasure every second... 😊

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 19 November 2017 at 1:11 AM

@birdboysplace. Aww...how sweet is that...spending time w/family. I dont get that anymore as my family is scattered many miles away. But i do treasure the memories i have from previous years gone by. Have fun & stay safe.
*Thx for the reply...loved reading all 😊