⋆⋅✧⋅⋆ Budgie's Creature Pricing Guide ⋆⋅✧⋅⋆

in General

Deleted • 27 May 2020 at 11:52 PM

I get what your saying 😊 you (no offense) explained it better than everyone else. Like someone started talking about economy and whatever else and yeah. Thanks for helping me understand better

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 28 May 2020 at 1:07 AM

@budgie Hiya! just traded a brohu and avem +200cc for kringus. can it get a bump? avem is listed as 6k and brohu is 2.4k so I guess around 8.5kcc ^^

I think this made sense anyways since theyre from 2011 and rarity is like 695. they came out with the adarna and bellato. adarna is now worth like 11k while rarity is only 568 so I think 8.5k cc makes sense ^^

Female
1,491 posts

froot • 28 May 2020 at 6:08 AM

@dreamii I haven't been on this site for as long as other people have been, but here's what I've observed over the last two and a half years: There are many factors that lead up to how much a creature is priced at.

First off: Age. Typically, the older the creature is, the more it's worth. Rereleases of the same species are often priced differently, though some players don't mind.

Secondly: Popularity. I'll explain. Most of the time, the cuter/more beautiful the creature is, the more popular it gets. It's like comparing a cute, fluffy cat to a blobfish. Naturally, the cute, fluffy cat would be more popular. Now, the more popular a creature is, the higher the demand. But many of these high-demand creatures are already retired, and most of the time, they're also old creatures (from many years ago), so there is a very limited 'supply' of them. So the price goes up. Here's a real-life comparison: it's like comparing a new violin from Amazon with a Stradivarius. TL;DR: Popular -> high demand -> retired creatures -> hard to get -> expensive.

Third: Rarity. Most players here find the idea of having a creature that's of a high rarity very appealing. I, personally, like to have creatures that are above 600 (teehee) but, again, it isn't really that important, since the Archive number can also be quite inaccurate, especially for some of the older creatures, because there are a lot of old user with old creatures who quit and never came back - but the Archive still includes those creatures because they include any creature that is alive. But then again, rarity still contributes to the price of a creature, so you could say it plays a role, but I wouldn't consider it a factor of great importance.

Fourth: Original price. CSPs are always worth more. It also depends on the time it was released, but, a CSP compared to a Cave-obtained monthly of the same month will ALWAYS be worth more. On the other hand, a Cave-obtained monthly from years ago compared to a new CSP could be worth tons more.

Here's my two cents - I hope this clears things up a bit, and I hope this makes it a lot easier for you to understand. There could be many more factors, but imo these are the most important. Naturally, topics like these are controversial, and there are many people who have different opinions about this - and I respect that. I don't mean to add fuel to the fire here - just to clarify a few things, and hopefully it helps! If you read the whole thing... thanks. 😊

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 28 May 2020 at 11:28 AM

Thank you all, I've edited the list ^^

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 14 June 2020 at 6:20 PM

@budgie Just paid 12500cc for balrog and 7500cc for sylvern. Apparently someone else was bidding for these creatures as well and that was the end price with me outbidding them. You can update the price however you see fit but just letting you know the current values may be a bit off. 😊

Also noticed you had luvlei down for 3.5-4kcc but they were from 2011 and are worth around the price of sheap and blu. ^^ maybe less because of it’s population rank so I’d say at 7.5k<

Female
1,863 posts

magenta • 15 June 2020 at 8:45 AM

@budgie i just bidded a lot of CC for my elkikorn (worth it tho ;w;) so i think they deserve a bump to at least 12-15k CC which were starting bids for him!

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 15 June 2020 at 12:05 PM

@yogurt @magenta Thank you, I've updated all of them ^^

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 6 July 2020 at 6:21 AM

@budgie
I'd say flickle needs a raise for sure to at least 10K CC. They are too rare, very in demand and i've seen people offering spookcats, etc for them. (and i've gotten similar offers for mine in the past) 😊

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 6 July 2020 at 1:44 PM

@wild_wonders Thank you, I bumped it ^^

Female
1,863 posts

magenta • 27 July 2020 at 6:47 AM

@budgie purita and furrep should be bumped 😋 i hardly see them traded so their values haven't been updated in a while like older csps around that year they should be around 3k-6k in value

Male
682 posts

decay • 27 July 2020 at 7:10 AM

@magenta

I feel like 6k is a bit much but I haven’t been trading 😋

Female
1,863 posts

magenta • 27 July 2020 at 7:37 AM

@decay 6k is higher end of the value spectrum so 3k to 6k, 4.5k is midground and what people usually trade at imo 😋

Male
682 posts

decay • 27 July 2020 at 8:07 AM

@magenta

I get that! (:
I still think it’s pushing it a little for the higher end and a good amount of people will try to get people to pay 6k because Budgies says so (:

It’s just my opinion though!

Female
1,863 posts

magenta • 27 July 2020 at 8:27 AM

@decay thats the reason i put a 3k margin in between but 3k to 5k is alright too? 😋 i'm just confused bc csps that came out the same year as them are around that range too yet they havent received a bump up 😱

Male
682 posts

decay • 27 July 2020 at 9:36 AM

@magenta
3-5k sounds more reasonable to me (:

I think it's just popularity and not many people are trading these creatures so the prices are lower 😋

Female
1,863 posts

magenta • 27 July 2020 at 9:43 AM

@decay seems likely tbh! funny cause cave creatures from 2013 fetch a higher price than csps from 2014 xD

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 27 July 2020 at 9:43 AM

@magent @decay Thank you, bumped them up to 3-5k ^^

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 27 July 2020 at 9:46 AM

@decay @magenta

Hi, thought I'd come and share my thoughts. So first of all, I do agree that they need a bump, but 3-6k may be a bit too much of a bump. From what I've seen, a lot of users that are experienced traders wouldn't buy a furrep for over 4k, nor a Purita. I believe the reason they aren't traded often is simply because there aren't very many users that like them. However, they are growing older and as a result, should probably be bumped, I'd say 3-4k is a fair range though.

Edit: I see that they have been bumped 😊

Female
1,863 posts

magenta • 27 July 2020 at 9:51 AM

@stevepat2002 yes agree 3-4k seems fair enough! it was just shocking to see that csps released 6 years ago were valued less or equal to csps released 2 years ago 😋 3k-6k was just a general price bump since im not sure how much they go for and i think decay explained already so yea xD

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 27 July 2020 at 9:56 AM

@magenta yes, I do agree that it is a bit shocking. It may be because people just like the 2018 csps, as they all were well designed and well themed. Anywho, time to go find something else to write a paragraph about XD

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 2 August 2020 at 7:52 AM

@budgie
I think arnmae (idk how to spell it) needs a bump to at least 25K CC. It seems rlly drastic even to me but i've gotten offers of ignis etc and I think i've seen a nym going for one atm. So yeah i think that seems reasonable. 😊

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 2 August 2020 at 8:24 PM

Can trisk get a bump? Just traded 7k cc for one. And I’ve been offered more than that for the one I previously had but traded away. They’re pretty popular creatures!

@budgie

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 3 August 2020 at 11:54 AM

@yogurt @wild_wonders Thank you, bumped Arnmnae and Trisk

@stevepat2002 Thank you, I've bumped them down ^^

Female
1,491 posts

froot • 6 August 2020 at 11:33 PM

Hey @budgie,
I was using your guide to work out a trade and I found that many of the cave monthlies' prices are kinda outdated, these are only a few of em
Stegga (80k), Lovca (45k), Mossoroo (90k), Pekva (30k), Venafera (250k), Zyphoone (35k)
Could you up the 2018-2019 and maybe some 2020 cave monthly prices please? Maybe by a few ten ks?
Thanks a lot 😸

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 7 August 2020 at 12:01 PM

@shadowfaxe Oh, thank you I'll do some updates ^^

2,892 posts

skymoare • 7 August 2020 at 5:34 PM

@budgie

I think the Sandrodon needs a bump, it's a 2012 creature and it's still 300kec XD

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 7 August 2020 at 7:27 PM

@skymoare Gave them a bump, for a moment I thought they were just endangered

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 10 August 2020 at 3:24 PM

@budgie Hi I feel like these should get a bump:

Terapox. They’re from 2015 and rank 770. I’m thinking like 4k at least. (4k)

Lunantis. They’re from 2016 rank 822. One of the rarest creatures. Should be like 5k in my opinion. I’d honestly pay 6k for one if I found it UFT (5k<)

Anaria. A friend just bought one for 4k. I believe they’re pretty popular and should be 4.5k (4.5k)

Fourbon. They’re very popular and I’ve had offers of 7k for them. But 6-7k seems a reasonable range for the moment (6-7k)

Eroche. They’re very popular as well and should be around 4k like anaria. They are from the same time as Anaria but population is rarer than anaria making it harder to find. (4k)

Greem. They’re from 2013. Extremely popular and well liked. I think most will agree that they’re at least 7k cc and can be upwards of 10k. Was offering 10k cc for one and didnt get it. (7k-10k<)

Dabbit. Someone recently paid 13k for a dabbit in an auction type thing. Tho i think thats a huge offer. Maybe just bump the price up to like 7k? (7k<)

I am familiar with these values just bc I own them and had these type of offers on my creatures and obviously I traded for them so I know what I had to pay to get them in the first place. But if it seems biased I hope others can put their own opinion here also if you disagree.

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 10 August 2020 at 3:48 PM

@yogurt Thank you! I've updated the creatures mentioned ^^

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 24 August 2020 at 4:55 PM

@budgie Just paid 5k for a seedart. I do believe they are in that price range since theyre from 2015 and a rank 704. They’re pretty difficult to find uft since theyre so cute. If anyone has one uft for 5k I’d always be willing to buy them for that much and maybe even more.

Also the Lem from 2016 rank 800s should get a bump. I haven’t seen one UFT in so long so not sure exactly how much. But 2k seems too low. I’d personally value them at 4k at least but up to you. ^^