Creature Suggestion - Lettans (collab with @wigglytuff)

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
285 posts

asteria • 2 April 2018 at 11:22 PM

Hi😊 #creaturesuggestions

Whew, after more than a month of being in the making, I present you... *drumroll*

Lettans (letter+transparent)

image by @wigglytuff http://i66.tinypic.com/nwn783.jpg

Description by me
About Egg
Lettans eggs are transparent, with letters in an unknown language written on their shells. SAR Center speculates that those might be blessings, names or informations that mother wants to communicate to the hatchling, but no definitive proof was found. After laying the egg, Lettans mother writes the letters on the egg and abandons it. If you listen closely, you can hear quiet humming from within the egg. The melodies are different, some dynamic, some mellow, each egg only knows one, but they seem to repeat among different eggs. Once the creature hatches, it becomes silent forever.

About Creature
Lettanses are one of the most mysterious creatures. SAR Center confirmed they appeared on Ark shortly after the Second Drowning. They are ghosts wandering around all of Ark, not staying in any place for long. They don't emit any sounds, no one knows how they communicate, and their bodies are covered with unknown letters and symbols. Depending on personal beliefs, many people have their own theories about what Lettanses actually are. Some say they are spirits of the ancient Nipha, some say they are inhabitants of another dimension, who for unknown reasons had to leave their home. Others see them as guardians of Ark, secretly preventing natural disasters or souls of those, who refused to leave the mortal world after their death. Some also think that the first Arkians used Lettans to transport mail by temporarily inscribing letters on their pelts. All of these portrayals of Lettans are very often present in art, as many creators are inspired by the dignity, beauty and mystery behind these creatures.

Was worth all that time, wasn't it? πŸ˜ƒ I think it was (do you guys mind getting pinged for the 2nd time?)
@isathebelle
@icecloud101
@sybil_howlett
@prairie
@jlya
@redflipflap
@wolfspike23
@raindrops

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 2 April 2018 at 11:24 PM

@asteria yay! Awesome. Btw the month of making was just me forgetting and then when I remembered I was outta home β€” ^ β€”

Female
2,691 posts

jlya • 2 April 2018 at 11:39 PM

@asteria @wigglytuff

Yay! First opinion comment! πŸ˜ƒ

Okay, I absolutely LOVE this creature! Beautifully drawn and so adorable, and I love the description. It gives this wonderful creature a mysterious back story that is amazing. Well done you two!! And feel free to ping me on all of your creature suggestions, guys. πŸ˜‰ I enjoy reading them and will give my honest opinion.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I like the little ! on the Lettans' forehead. Cute touch, wigglytuff! 😊

Female
285 posts

asteria • 2 April 2018 at 11:44 PM

@jlya Thanks very much πŸ˜ƒ Alright, I'll be pinging you from now on 😊

Female
2,691 posts

jlya • 2 April 2018 at 11:50 PM

@asteria No problem! 😊 Thanks! I look forward to reading your next creature suggestion. Good luck, you guys! ❀️

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 2 April 2018 at 11:50 PM

@jlya xD thanks 😸

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 April 2018 at 11:53 PM

@wigglytuff & @asteria

Love the design and description! ❀️
Especially like the intro to "the Second Drowning" as a possible backstory to ark if the creature gets made (don't think I've heard of it on site? 😱)

Female
285 posts

asteria • 2 April 2018 at 11:55 PM

@prairie Thanks 😊 It's mentioned in the Nipha description.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 April 2018 at 11:58 PM

@asteria

Ahhh!!! πŸ˜ƒ Now I gotta go re read the nipha desc. XD XD
None the less, love it!! ❀️

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 3 April 2018 at 12:44 AM

@prairie thanks!

@icesparkle22
@skyfall4

1,628 posts

icecloud101 • 3 April 2018 at 7:06 AM

@asteria
@wigglytuff
amazing! it's a must have for me

Female
268 posts

isathebelle • 3 April 2018 at 8:24 AM

@asteria
As always your description is amazingly fabulous ❀️ Btw does this creature need have to be without any color at all ?? I know it should be transparent but perhaps outlined with light blue or another color!I'm asking you cos perhaps you wanted that way to @wigglytuff draw it?All in all, it looks really good congrats both of you.Yeah, I would still add a bit of colorπŸ˜ƒ my personal opinion of course.Good luck both of you!

Female
285 posts

asteria • 3 April 2018 at 9:00 AM

@icecloud101 Thank you ❀️
@isathebelle Thanks a lot ❀️ I didn't ask @wigglytuff to draw it that way, but I like it the way it is. If @wigglytuff wants to change something, that's up to her.

Female
260 posts

sybil_howlett • 3 April 2018 at 9:51 AM

@asteria
@wigglytuff
oh my goodness, it's so cute and beautiful, I want to have 1,000 of them :'D and the description is amazing 😊

Female
285 posts

asteria • 3 April 2018 at 10:05 AM

@sybil_howlett Thanks 😊

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 3 April 2018 at 10:14 AM

@icecloud101 @isathebelle @sybil_howlett thanks everyone 😊

Deleted • 3 April 2018 at 6:00 PM

@asteria, @wigglytuff

❀️ ❀️ ❀️ ❀️

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 3 April 2018 at 6:06 PM

@wolfspike23 you like it? Thanks I guess πŸ˜ƒ

Female
285 posts

asteria • 3 April 2018 at 6:09 PM

@wolfspike23 Thanks 😊

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 3 April 2018 at 6:53 PM

@asteria @wigglytuff
Nice suggestion! I gotta admit, it reminds me of the Wisoki xD

Female
285 posts

asteria • 3 April 2018 at 7:20 PM

@skyfall4 Thanks! 😊 Hmm, Wiskoki is also a spirit cat, but I can't see other similarities.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 3 April 2018 at 7:26 PM

@asteria
πŸ˜‹ That was the main reason xD

Female
285 posts

asteria • 3 April 2018 at 7:43 PM

@skyfall4 I see 😊 I still think Lettans is different enough.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 3 April 2018 at 7:44 PM

@asteria
True, true 😊 I'd say it's a great suggestion 😸 ❀️ I would want one if it's ever made 😊

Female
285 posts

asteria • 3 April 2018 at 7:57 PM

@skyfall4 Thank you a lot ❀️

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 3 April 2018 at 8:01 PM

@asteria
No problem 😸

Pings (sorry!)
@degong
@ifi123